Start by marking “The Duke's Mysterious Lady” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Mysterious Lady

The Duke's Mysterious Lady

When a girl loses her memory, who better to rescue her than a seductive duke?
Viola, so named by her benefactor, Hugh, Duke of Vale, has lost her memory, along with her respectability, after being found unconscious near his estate dressed in a male servant’s clothes. She is a mystery unto herself, with her knowledge of books and Latin, and her skill at the pianoforte.

Thank
Published July 22nd 2014 by Maggi Andersen (first published 2009)

Maggi Andersen
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books

“Viola” has a sense of self even when amnesia plagues her. In a borrowed, faded servant’s dress, she is still confident and poised, with impeccable manners. She plays the piano beautifully and is better educated than most women of her time. Recognizing the needs of the tenants on Vale Estate where she lives after her rescue, she works to help them. While her upbringing is that of a noble woman, she has none of their affectations. She loves the freedom not usually afforded “proper” young ladies o
Linda
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet

One of the books I finished in one sitting. Very well written romance and mystery rolled into one. The story of Viola the young lady suffering from amnesia and Hugh, the Duke of Vale who cross paths when she's found in the path of his carriage.
Michaela
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eng-read
Not bad but definitely not great. For fist the plot is excellent. Characters are fine. I like Hugh as a reasonable, sympathetic, handsome man, who is no womanizer, I like Viola and Rupert even, he is quite great horrible bastard ever! But what I dislike is the writing style of this author. Maybe I'm just pampered by Lisa Klaypas of Sabrina Jeffries books and maybe I'm quite sexual frustrated, too. But damn it! Such poor sexual description of sex scenes as in books of such style like this is mise ...more
Sheryl Johnson
Good read

Good clean book. Could have been better. Characters are charming. Could have expounded on some of them better. A good read for an afternoon.
Merle
Good story of a lady with amnesia (I know-cliche). Andersen doesn't really take the soft route, though. She makes us work for an HEA. The Duke of Vale finds said young lady and is intrigued. However, he is betrothed to a young neighbor in an arranged match.

One surprise happens there, another when the Duke's sister, a Duchess in her own right, takes a fancy (of the Pygmalion type) to the young lady, while thinking to get her away from her eligible brother. Adventures ensue and as the lady's memor
Maggi Andersen
Feb 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Seriously Reviewed review of Maggi Andersen's Rules of Conduct

The reviewer rated Maggi's story an 8.5 and gave the presentation of the novel a rating of 9, giving the novel a total score of 17.5.

"This is one of those stories that you just can't help but like...The characters were memorable and the plot solid. I totally enjoyed every page and found the ending well worth the journey. It was one that I can see re-reading many times before /if I get tired of it.

Ms Andersen has done a great job in cr
Barbara
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet love story

The Duke is an honorable, romantic, protective hero and Viola is a beautiful, elegant mystery. As you follow them while they fall in love, you find yourself wondering about our heroine's past and what she is running from. We also struggle with Hugh as he fights his attraction and tries to meet his ducal responsibilities honorably. It is a sweet love story, not filled with endless illicit sexual encounters, but allows you to understand their passionate feelings all the same. I wou
Sandra Edwards
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dukes Mysterious Lady by Maggi Andersen

Maggi Andersen has written a delightful story full of fascinating characters with a great storyline. On the whole this is one wonderfully written book. It contains all my favorites things some humor, a little mystery, some nice steamy romance scenes, and charming characters. I would recommend this book to others and I look forward to more from this author.
Wendy Tavenner
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first book by Maggi Anderson and I loved it. Hugh the Duke of Vale finds a women dressed in men's clothes unconscious and brings her back to his house. When she wakes up she has no memory of who she is or anything of her life. You have a mystery surrounding Viola that is the name they give her!!! A Wonderful read with humor, mystery, love and so much more!!!
Louiseann Walter
Very Good

This was a different look to arranged marriages and how they were broken . But the story line of lady Rosey was very intriguing and how traumatic events can lead to memory loss. I really enjoyed this book.
Tracey
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was a good read. the author kept me guessing til towards the ending. if the duke would ever come save the girl and when will her memory come back!? who is she? she's so polish with lady quality and yet we don't know where she's from.
Donnamiller
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This book was a delight kept you reading you did not want to put it down. A lot of twists and turns. I would highly recommend.
Patricia Wissore
A new author for me and I'm impressed! The story line, hero, and heroine kept me reading thru the night!
Macaron
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amnesia, crime
Not very elaborate. It's so disappointed when she recovers her memory, as if it was nothing extraordinary.
janet frantum
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good mystery.

This is a good mystery as well as a good love story. After the first mystery, a second one occurred , but love wins out.
Amary Chapman
Great Regency Romance

A little mystery, a little angst and lots of romance. Rosie and the Duke of Vale are an intriguing couple.
Janice White
rated it did not like it
Oct 17, 2015
yvonne carmany
Jan 03, 2018
Melanie Day
Jul 16, 2018
  • Duchess of Sin (The Daughters of Erin, #2)
  • Night of Fire (St. Ives Family, #2)
  • The Romantic (Seducers #5)
  • When Marrying a Scoundrel (Victorian Soap Opera, #2)
  • The Secrets of Mia Danvers (Dangerous Liaisons, #1)
  • Cinderfella
  • An Heiress at Heart (Love's Grace, #1)
  • The Spinster & The Beast
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • Reforming the Viscount
  • Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4)
  • Captured by a Rogue Lord (Rogues of the Sea, #2)
  • More Than a Stranger (Sealed With a Kiss, #1)
  • Once a Rake
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • Unmasked by the Marquess (Regency Imposters, #1)
  • Anything for You (It's All About Attitude #6)
  • Once a Gentleman (Ladies' Fashionable Cabinet, #3)
Maggi Andersen wrote her first book for publication after gaining a BA in English and an MA in Creative Writing. She lives with her husband, a retired lawyer in an historic country town near Sydney, Australia. She wrote her first adventure story at 8 years old. Her novels are still adventure stories, but also seductive romances. Georgette Heyer and Victoria Holt among others, inspired her Regencie ...more