Start by marking “Felix the Comet” as Want to Read:
Felix the Comet

Felix the Comet

Felix is an enthusiastic kid who loves his dog Cosmo, school, and two best friends, until the November day Dave Spangler moves to town. Spangler gives him a horrible nickname, and Felix begins to doubt everything. On Thanksgiving night, he walks his dog, looks up in the sky and notices something that takes the roller coaster ride of the week back up again. But Spangler ...more
Published July 15th 2014 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Felix the Comet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Felix the Comet

Start your review of Felix the Comet
Craig
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic! I don't read a lot of books written for this demographic, but this one was written by my friend Cathy! I started with some trepidation because I really wanted it to be fantastic, because I knew how hard she'd worked on it, but I was worried it would be awful and I wouldn't want to tell her. Phew! It turned out to be really great. I had a hard time putting it down.

The characters are realistic and believable and people I'd want to know in real life. The story has a great
Remy Lebeau
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My review has been published at

And Cathy and Melissa Gay, it's such an honor to call these two my colleagues and my Friends I am so lucky to be Constantly inspired and impressed by these women. Thank you for your artistic contributions.
Ami French
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where is the rest of the series? It was fantastic. I loved Felix, hated Spangler (then felt bad for him) Your development of even the minor characters made me feel as if I knew them. I re-lived the trauma that was for me jr. high school, and the shaming of my uniqueness and special talents, (and the fear of gym class.) And then rejoiced in Felix's trump and redemption.
I literally devoured it.
Christa
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a YA novel for any youth facing down a seemingly insurmountable problem in their relationships, or any problem that gives them the crushing belief that they're not enough to live up to what can be a crushing weight of expectations from others. Bullying is the problem described here, but interpersonal relationships can be complex, and kids may find it easier to back down from any kind of confrontation rather than face the possibility of getting hurt -- physically or emotionally.

From a boy
Carol Hoyer
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very realistic book about bullying in school. Author has a way of relating well to children and parents. Easy read. Granddaughter read it also. Will bring about good discussions between 5th graders and up with parents.
Lisa Kidder
Nov 25, 2014
Cathy Coley
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lillian Greenwood
Gavin McCallion
Jul 06, 2018
Nancy Friday
Mar 14, 2019
Cathy Coley has been writing stories and poetry since before she could hold a pen. She has been recognized for some of them. Felix the Comet is her first novel. It is a children's novel that can be read by grownups, too. She writes about real life issues in a relatable and fun way.