Start by marking “Fatal Abduction (IFICS, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Abduction (IFICS, #3)

Fatal Abduction

(IFICS #3)

There’s a serial killer at large. His victims just happen to resemble Kaitlyn—dark haired, pale skin and athletic build. Kaitlyn goes undercover, attending a prestigious high school to try to lure the killer into a trap and save the lives of other potential victims. Will she be able to catch the killer before his body count rises? Or will she become the next victim?
Published November 3rd 2014 by Valknut Press

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Abduction, please sign up.
Elizabeth Yes, only for the backstory of Freak of Nature (book 1) and in Fatal Abduction (book 3) a character from Fractured Innocence (book 2) makes an…moreYes, only for the backstory of Freak of Nature (book 1) and in Fatal Abduction (book 3) a character from Fractured Innocence (book 2) makes an appearance (but it is small enough that you could pass it by having not read Fractured Innocence).(less)

Linda
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-robotic
4.5 Stars

Personally? I think this was the best one yet and that is saying something as I thought the last one was really good. It was so good that I totally forgot about my husband and was able to get completely absorbed by the story.

In this latest book, Kaitlyn and gang are trying to locate the traitor in their midst when Kaitlyn's interest in the Dollhouse murders is piqued. She's never asked for an assignment, but after realizing that the victims bear a resemblance to her, she knows that she
giulia
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish Kaitlyn was in more of it but I really enjoyed the plot and Eliza. She’s brave and she reminds me a lot of Kaitlyn. I really hope we’ll have more books. Julia’s writing is very good and her characters are amazing (especially the women!!)
clarah rae grossman
i wish kaitlyn had been in this one more but overall enjoyed it a lot
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!

I was so excited to read this book, so when I got the chance of an ARC of it, I jumped at it! I loved the other books in this series, and I couldn't wait to see where the author was going to take this book! Plus, the cover and synopsis were totally enough to make me desperate to read it! This book was amazing! I actually loved it more than the last book! The plot focused on a serial killer kidnapping and killing girls, and then it focused on the main character trying to find the killer
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Note: I was provided a copy of this book for review.

I love this series. I think Crane has taken a brilliant idea and made it into a clever and engaging story that is fun while being technical and enthralling. Following Kaitlyn adjust in the real world is always a joy as Crane highlights many difficulties and complexities human nature has that we never consciously realise.

The aftermath of the previous book flows over into this one as two storylines flow side by side. There is a traitor in the tea
Casey Carlisle
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
I’m glad to be done with this series.

When did Kaitlyn turn into a 40 year old noir gumshoe? Seriously, Julia Crane needs to set up her motivations and stop making generic statements which are out of character. This book was one big sarcastic eye-roll for me.

So much flawed reasoning and immature behaviour. Many situations feel like they are half out of context. I was skimming and angry reading. It was frustrating but my OCD had me seeing it right through to the end - I can't leave something unfin
Sue Brooks
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fractured Abduction is a continuation of the life of Kaitlyn and her special abilities. If you have not read Freak of Nature (IFCS #1) or Fractured Innocence (IFCS #2) - you might want to seriously consider reading them first. You could start with Fractured Abduction - but it would clarify a lot of things if you read the other two first.

Fractured Abduction has Kaitlyn helping in a case about a serial killer. When Kaitlyn realizes that the serial killer is going after girls who look a lot like he
Emmanuelle
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This third book in the IFICS series doesn't disappoint. Kaitlyn continues to learn about humanity and how to blend in as well as becoming a better super-soldier fighting crime. In this book, Kaitlyn goes outside of her "assigned cases" and finds a personal connection to a local serial killer attacking teen girls. As Kaitlyn puts herself in the line of danger as a target, she will need to fight the clock to save the Dollhouse Killer's next victim.

The writing is riveting and you will have a hard
Rachel
Oct 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with this series with the uniqueness of book 1. (I hadn't yet read a book like this, though now there are plenty.) I really enjoyed the second book, as the storyline advanced. I eagerly awaited the 3rd book, and when I finally got it, I couldn't wait to see how the trilogy would end.

And I couldn't have been more disappointed.

This storyline had SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL. All the pieces were there. But it almost felt like the author had completely lost interest in the characters and was
Jennifer Sepeda
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a short book but man did it make me uncomfortable enough that i actually sped up the audio speed so that i could find out what happens. I love the fact that we get the killers point of view in this one and oh my god was that terrifying, confusing and down right creepy the way he thought. I felt dirty just listening to his thoughts. Catelyn is still a contradiction but she loves helping others so passionately i guess it could slide since she is learning how to be human again. A great rea ...more
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting

Julia Carne is a visionary. Her story captivating. I only wish it didn't have to end.
I only can hope that if it is made into a movie, they do as fantastic of a job filing it as she did writing it.
Samantha Gibbons
Amazing series!

It’s riveting! You can put wait for the next shoe to drop and when it does your blown away by what she is doing next!
Keri
These books were good to listen to during my work commute.
A good conclusion to the trilogy.
Kelly
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Not the best in the series. Got too dry and predictable.
Ashley Freed
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I enjoyed reading the book and I was able to pick right back up in the story line after not being able to read it for a while
Andrea
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved that this went into the mind of a killer!

This one is a bit more psychological than the first two in the trilogy and it was great! It kept me hooked the entire time!
Cat's Review
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Jen
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kaitlyn and her IFICS crew are back in another crime fighting adventure aided by cyber enhancements in Julia Crane’s third installment of the IFICS series, entitled Fatal Abduction. (To read my reviews of the first two books, Freak of Nature and Fractured Innocence, visit the following links: http://jenpaul13.wix.com/makinggoodst... & http://jenpaul13.wix.com/makinggoodst...).

To read this, and other book reviews, visit my website: http://jenpaul13.wix.com/makinggoodst....

A man takes an overl
Jane Hunt
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fatal Abduction (IFCS, #3) by Julia Crane

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

'Fatal Abduction' is a psychological thriller with paranormal elements, aimed at young adults. This is the first of Julia Crane's books I have read. I didn't realise it was part of a series until I looked on Goodreads and found out it is book 3 in the IFCS series. The story works as a standalone read, with enough back-story to make the characters understandable. For an enhanced reading experi
Lissette
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ever since she became a cyborg, Kaitlyn's life has taken unexpected turns. Though it has taken her awhile to get used to things, she finally feels she's overcome a good many hurdles. Her life still isn't perfect, but at least she's alive, sort of, and willing to make the most of the gift she's been given. Working with IFICS hasn't been easym but she's done her best to do as has been asked of her. Completing her missions have been rewarding in themselves, yet sometimes it's difficult to grasp jus ...more
Hopelessly Devoted
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
In the beginning the reader is made aware of Kaitlyn's transformation into a cyborg and to be entirely honest at that point i sort o
Nanette Bradford
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite series by Julia crane. She never fails to amaze me with how intense the stories are.
This one was just as thrilling as the rest.

A psycho killer looking for the soul of his lost love in every young girl that looks like her. He was smart, too smart and not even the FBI could pinpoint who he was.. This guy was seriously loony. He thought by bringing the girls close to death he could see the soul of his beloved in their eyes. Yeah, that's not crazy at all.. One by one he stalked
Jessica Bronder
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Everyone is still shook up after the traitor gave away their cover to Vance Dasovik. They are still trying to figure out who is responsible when Kaitlyn learns about the Dollhouse murders. The victims are very similar to Kailyn’s build and when she learns that the police and FBI are no closer to catching the killer she decides to go after him.

This story is told from a couple different perspectives which didn’t bother me. I loved being inside the killers head, when you learn why he is killing the
Tanya Johnson
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it

My Review:

In this book Kaitlyn must go under cover to help capture a serial killer who’s victims happen to look like her. By putt
Michelle Nageldinger
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book an exchange for an honest review from addicted to books and authors
This book begins with the abduction of local high school girls each fitting a certain appearance,, Kaitlyn has worked for IFICS as a cyborg for sometime and because of her upgrades knows when people are lying and her heat sensor allows her to know where people are. As she tries to live a normal life and fit in as a human there are still certain things she can not do such as understand emotion. When it is bro
Emily
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Fatal Abduction is the third in the IFCS series and follows Kaitlyn and the others as they tackle two problems close to home. First, a traitor in the group that led to the mission from the last book nearly failing. Two, a serial killer operating in the area where Katlyn's teen age friend lives.

After very quickly, too quickly, I feel, solving the first problem, the team moves on to the second. Kaitlyn goes undercover to find the killer and hopefully save his latest victem.

Overall, the plot was
Nicole
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this ARC for an honest review.

This is the first book I read of Julia Cranes. I have to say it was a real treat. It grabbed my attention from the beginning and kept me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't put this book down. I give this book a five star rating. It was attention grabbing and held my attention throughout the entire book. It stuck to the story line. It had me literally obsessively turning the next page to find out what was going to happen next.
This story is about the Doll
Jenn
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, this was a fascinating story line. I seriously think the author has to one up each of the stories everytime. Ha. The team is looking to catch this serial killer especially since it's close to home and it got personal for someone on the compound. Quite disturbing.

I thought it was quite interesting to let the killer get a POV in the story. It gave the story a little more to see inside his twisted mind and his reasoning. He was just creepy and very good at what he was doing.

I liked that
Chelsea
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The best book of the series. It was super creepy but it really drew to the attention of you really never know who a killer is.
I really enjoyed getting to know more about the characters. I would really like to see Julia touch base on if her family did find out she was alive what would happen. That would be interesting to see from Katlyn's point as well as her family and old friends.
This was a bit different I felt like from the rest because it did not always focus on Kaitlyn and her team which I
Spunky N Sassy
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*****Nicole's Review********

I was given this ARC for an honest review.

T
Goodreads Librari...: Fix of Series spelling 6 16 Nov 29, 2017 03:48PM

• Tick Tock: Seven Tales of Time
  • The Scribe (Mindjack Origins, #3)
  • The Battle For New York (Invasion USA, #2)
  • Siege and Storm: Chapters 1-5
  • Target Audience
  • Time Burned (The Chronos Files)
  • I'm Nobody
  • Soul Quest (Soul Quest, #1)
  • Darkest Worlds: A Dystopian Anthology
  • Sycamore 2 (Sycamore, #2)
  • Centurion
  • Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, #2)
  • World-Mart
  • Itchcraft (Itch, #3)
  • The Synthesis and the Animus (The Phantom of the Earth, #3)
  • Ice Tomb
  • My Laird's Castle (My Laird's Castle, #1)
  • The Veil (The Fianna Trilogy, #3)
Julia crane is the author of the Keegan’s Chronicles, IFICS. She has a bachelors degree in criminal justice. Julia has believed in magical creatures since the day her grandmother first told her an Irish tale. Growing up her mother greatly encouraged reading and using your imagination.

IFICS (3 books)
  • Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1)
  • Fractured Innocence (IFICS #2)