Start by marking “Laugh Like You've Never Cried (Summer Lake, #5)” as Want to Read:
Laugh Like You've Never Cried (Summer Lake, #5)

Laugh Like You've Never Cried

(Summer Lake #5)

Megan Reid doesn't like to be noticed, she just wants to be left alone. She's never felt comfortable around people--her past has taught her that it's safer to avoid them. Her job at the library lets her spend time with the books and children she loves. Between her work and her dog, she has everything she needs. Summer Lake seems to be the perfect place for her to live out ...more
ebook
Published August 2014 by XSHi Publications

To ask other readers questions about Laugh Like You've Never Cried, please sign up.
S.J. McCoy Hi Arlene

I chose to delay Michael. Hoping you will think he was worth the wait. Not much longer now, official release date is September 28.

Thanks for…more
Hi Arlene

Thanks for your patience :0)

SJ(less)

S.J. McCoy
Jul 22, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Meet Michael :0)

I hope you're going to love him as much as I do!

description

Jamie Rhodes
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Add this book to the awesomeness of Summer Lake. I love this series and the people who live there. This book focuses on Michael and Megan. Megan is so shy and needs some laughter in her life. Enter Michael. Michael is a humorous guy who loves to flirt and joke around. They are the perfect combination. This story is sweet, but there are moments of confusion for the characters that will lead to misunderstandings. I am glad that in every Summer Lake story we get to revisit with our favorite charact ...more
Dana
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once again SJ has hit it out of the park with this latest book in the Summer Lake series. “Laugh Like You've Never Cried” has all the elements that I loved in the other books; Romance, humor, emotion and steamy sex!

Megan is hiding, hiding from her past, hiding from the future. Preferring to stay invisible, moving to the small town of Summer Lake seems like the perfect place to disappear. Things were going according to plan until she caught the eye of the sexy and charming Michael!

description

Michael is bac
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
O Wow, SJ has done it again!! Another amazing book which makes you fall in love with the whole Summer Lake gang all over again. You get to catch up with everyone which reminds you of the previous books all over.
Michael is back from Australia with his son Ethan, he is not looking for love but it seems it wants to look for him in the form of Megan Reid. Megan is trying to hide from everyone around her, doesn’t have or want friends and definitely doesn’t want a man in her life. She’s more than hap
Michelle Nageldinger
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Megan is quiet and shy and does not like to be seen. Michael is very outgoing, handsome, and flirty. When he sees Megan for the first time he knows he just has to get to know her better, but she isn't going to make it easy for him. Michael's son Ethan knows Megan from the library and gets her to become more easy going around him and his dad. But can Megan come out of her shell and find happiness.
Pamela Morgan
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this whole series. Michael and Megan's story is another amazing book.
Michael is a single dad just back from Australia and is sure on finding love.
Megan as a loner who is to shy and unsure that she hides. This is a very lovely story of a confident guy bring a shy girl
out of her shell and falling in love a must read.
Angela Wilkes parkinson
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
loved this book, loved all of them xx
Traci
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a story loved it! They are so cute together.
Kim Richards
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this book has just became my second favourite, book one is always the best cos it is the one that got me into the series.
I love Megan, Michael and Ethan story so much, I had to add Ethan there cos he is as much apart of this story as Megan and Michael are.
I was pulled into this story right from the start, how two people can get things so mixed up I will never know, but we know it can happen in real life so why not in a book.
Twist and turns and surprises and thankfully ever thing is corr
Victoria Sturlini
SUPERB STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this story!!! It was so beautiful. So heartwarming! So sweet! So so sexy! I feel so lucky that I came across this author!!! What an absolute great treat this book was. Loved the friendships, loyalty and family support! The best thing that puts quite a smile 😃 on this reader's face is the fact that this is just the first book I have read by SJ McCoy and There are many more books to read by her!!!!! Can't wait to get reading another one in this series!!!!!
Amanda Chomiak
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
As always, I loved this, the next book in the series. I found Megan relatable and Michael, who annoyed me as a minor character in the previous books, really shone as the hero.
I did think there was a huge opening for action.. What if Megan's ex showed up in Summer Lake? Whoa. The possibilities. It would have made Michael a hero. It would have given Megan more closure, maybe?
Regardless, I immediately started on the next in the series. I can't stop!
Marie
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Michael Morgan returns to Summer Lake with his son, his dad the town Doctor is ready to retire, so it seems his life has turned around. Another new face came to town, Megan is the librarian, she had lots of downs in her life. Micheal”s persistence gets her on a date and as people say the rest is history. They are learning and becoming a family.
Jeri Smith
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of Laugh You've Never Cried

I absolutely love this series and I will recommend her books to anyone who loves romance books. She keeps you involved from page one until the end.
Laurel
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable romance in the Summer Lake series with a great cast of characters.
Cecly Ann
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved these two characters and their romance. I particularly loved Ethan and his over the top ten year old self.
Kim Anderson
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful love story

I loved the story. It is a great read. If you love romance don't pass it up. It was good from the very first page.
Pat Christie
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ebook

Another person returns to their hometown and their friends. The new librarian catches the eye of Dr. Morgan and his son Eathan. They move to become a family
ben beard
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet !!!

Another winner.
I like this whole series.
So happy I found this Author and really like how each of her series the together ❤
Teri B.
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“He had revised his opinion of her this evening. She wasn’t the cold and calculating creature he’d thought her to be at all. She was just too smart in some respects – and too clueless in others.”

“If she were easy, he wouldn’t be so intrigued by her. Although he’d let the joke slip by, he couldn’t become someone else completely for her. He was dialing it back, but he couldn’t help winking as he asked, ‘Do you like sausage?’”

“The way Michael had kissed her goodnight, had made her w
Peggy
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reads-2014
Complimentary copy provided by author for an honest review.

First of all if you just have learned about this series I recommend you begin with reading her first book "Love Like You've Never Been Hurt" it's still free on Amazon, then you can follow the relationships between these friends.

As you can see by now I'm addicted to the Summer Lake series and again from the beginning you get suck into the story of Michael and Megan, lots of romance, laughter, emotions and hot steamy sex.

Megan's a girl wi
Brandi Sartin lawrence
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved Megan well Meggie and Michael's story. I can't believe some of the stuff that they had to deal with but then again I know that it that kind of stuff happens all the time. One thing that I really love about this series is that you get to hear from characters that were in previous books. I love the way they all joke around but help each other. On to Kenzie's story. Still patiently waiting for Ben's story. Really would like to know what went down with him.
Susan
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again SJ has hit it out of the park with this book in the Summer Lake series! Laugh Like You've Never Cried had all the elements that I loved in the other books; Romance, humor, emotion and steamy sex! I loved the development of Michael and Megan's relationship, they were so different but the author brought out the best in each of them. The story line is amazing, the characters are very well developed, and I have fallen completely in love with the small town, as well as all of it's people w ...more
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Savorful!!!!!!

This book has showed some beautiful maturity, growth, and maximum potential from SJ McCoy! I have to say, this book was a pure delight to read! I truly loved the flow of the story, the crew of Summer Lake....and mostly the growth of this couple, Michael and Megan!

We have met Michael from previous books, and now we get to read all about this charmer with an Aussie accent, and beautiful body!

Megan is new to town, and just wants to not be seen.

These 2 are opposites of each other, bu
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~~~Katheryn's Review~~~

I loved this book, Michael and Megan are two great characters and his son, is so adorable. I also love the dog Ollie, he is quite a character, lol. Watching this relationship between Michael and Megan was so heartwarming, two really awesome people that deserve so very much. With everything that Megan had gone through in her past, the way she handles it is great and touches the heart as you read it. This book really speaks to your heart. It had me laughing and crying really
Angie
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved Megan and Michael's story. These two really understood each other, but would misread the other persons signals. They needed to talk to each other, but kept putting it off. Michael's son, Ethan, was so cute and seemed more grown up than ten. Megan and Michael were trying to take things slow and not get Ethan's hopes up about being a family. In the process they almost threw away everything because they were trying to be too cautious. This is a good series!
Moira
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is book 5 in the Summer Lake contemporary romance series. The series follows a group of friends from a small lakeside town in the California hills. They have kept in touch over the years and now, in their early thirties, their lives are drawing them back to Summer Lake and to each other. I enjoyed Michael's story as a single dad who falls in love with the small-town, quiet librarian. IT seems an unlikely match but they fit and make it work. I hated to see the series end!
Kristi Cramer
It is hard not to love a story about a woman coming into her own as a force to be reckoned with, both in the community and in the bedroom. As a former wallflower I was really rooting for Megan - and I loved Michael's dedication to her awakening. Great love story, great love scenes, and tender dealings in their relationship, keeping the emotional welfare of the child foremost in their minds. So nice and refreshing from the "me me me" stories that are out there. Another Summer Lake winner!
Jen
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite books of this series so far. I love both main characters and the storyline is less dramatic than some of the others. There is still some cliche, but it's not as overwhelming as in some of the others in this series. This book had me rooting for Michael and Megan from the beginning...and I was not disappointed with the happy ending. I'm eager to get some glimpses into their future in the rest of this series.
Caryn Watson Watz Books and Teasers
Omg SJ has wow'd me even more I think this may be the best book in this series and my all time favorite couple. The hell and heart ache and love and chemistry it will hit you hard and leave you feeling happy and lost cause it feels like I've lost my bf now I've finished reading this book. All the guys are back and together they make an unforgettable story. Laugh like you've never cried is one saying I will never forget.

Thank you SJ for sharing Michael and little one with us.
Mindy Adams
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Megan Reid is a shy librarian that just wants to be left alone. Dr. Michael Morgan is moving through life raising his son and building his practice. When his friend introduces him to Megan, He has to have her. He can't get her out of his mind. Megan just wants to hide, but keeps running into Michael. As their relationship grows, will a misunderstanding end everything?
Goodreads Librari...: Add a cover, please? 3 14 Sep 21, 2014 08:32PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add to series 3 15 Jul 22, 2014 07:12AM

• Artificial Love (The Good Bye Trilogy, #2)
  • Can't Resist Him (River Bend, #4)
  • Drunk in Love (More Than Friends, #2)
  • Laurie's Time (Fairfield #2)
  • Color Me Crazy
  • False Pretenses (Dancing Moon Ranch, #3)
  • Falling for the Wingman (Kelly Brothers, #3)
  • The Wild Card (Men Out of Uniform, #8)
  • Sweet Vidalia Brand (The Oklahoma Brands, #6)
  • To Make a King (The Magic of Verridian Book 1)
  • Zarina and the Djinn (Once Upon a Spell, #5)
  • Tiger In Her Bed (Tiger in her Bed #1)
  • Sugar Baby Lies
  • Jane Millionaire
  • The Sheikh's Blackmailed Mistress (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #6)
  • Josh's Justice (Bad in Boots, #4)
  • The Immortality Clause (The Immortelle #1)
  • Love Songs (Keller Family, #6)
Hi, I'm SJ. A coffee addict, lover of chocolate and drinker of good red wines. I'm a lost soul and a hopeless romantic. Reading and writing are necessary parts of who I am. Though perhaps not as necessary as coffee! I can drink coffee without writing, but I can't write without coffee.

I grew up loving romance novels, my first boyfriends were book boyfriends, but life intervened, as it tends to do,

Summer Lake (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Love like You've Never Been Hurt (Summer Lake, #1)
  • Work like You Don't Need the Money (Summer Lake, #2)
  • Dance like Nobody's Watching (Summer Lake, #3)
  • Fly like You've Never Been Grounded (Summer Lake, #4)
  • Sing Like Nobody's Listening (Summer Lake, #6)
  • Smile Like You Mean It (Summer Lake, #7)
  • The Wedding Dance (Summer Lake, #8)
  • Chasing Tomorrow (Summer Lake, #9)
  • Dream Like Nothing's Impossible (Summer Lake, #10)
  • Ride Like You've Never Fallen (Summer Lake #11)