Start by marking “Demon Stones” as Want to Read:
Demon Stones

Demon Stones

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
It’s been almost a hundred years since warlock meddling freed the demons from their underground domain. Their eventual capture has encased them in large stones across all the lands. They became known as the demon stones.
Over time, the truth of their imprisonment devolved into legend and tales to frighten children.
Now, the seven kingdoms are in upheaval. The demon stones ar
Published July 21st 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Demon Stones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Stones

Kyra
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For more reviews, please visit my site.

Actual Rating: 4.5

Garlin Murdach is just a simple farm boy until one day he falls asleep next to a 100-year-old stone and frees the demon trapped within. Things escalate quickly when the demon begins killing people, and Gar soon becomes an outcast when he deserts the army and his outlawed magical abilities are discovered.

To be brutally honest, the beginning of this book really didn't hook me. Garlin was quite unlikeably selfish and life was a little bit bor
Sarah (A French Girl)
I RECEIVED A FREE COPY OF THE BOOK FROM THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE OF A HONEST OPINION

The rating is actually two and a half stars.

Garlich Murdoch is a young farm boy, he dreams of a life where his effort would be appreciated, where his crush Lialee would notice him, where his father would stop beating him up and where his family wouldn’t suffer from poverty.

He wakes up early to go to school, spends time with his friends whenever he can and toils at his family’s farm when work need to be done. Really
Dianne
Sometimes the most insignificant of us can start an avalanche of turmoil with one little stone. That’s exactly what happened when a young boy tires of being abused by his father, poor and bullied by the wealthy children. Demon Stones by Michael Drakich is the tale of young Gar who just wanted to be somebody, to be approved of, respected and just maybe catch the eye of the girl he adored. What happened that day in the field, while sitting by what looked to be an ordinary rock, would forever chang ...more
Nerine Dorman
Apr 16, 2015 rated it liked it
So far as the premise goes, Demon Stones certainly tempted me to pick it up out of my slush pile of review books. So far as small press/indie-published books go, this one *looks* good. The cover illustration featuring what I assume is the malignant imp Hiss is masterfully done and perfectly suits the tone for what follows.

Essentially, this is the story of the farmboy Garlin – or Gar, as we get to know him – who discovers that he has the ability to hear and affect the demons trapped in the monol
Christine Hayton
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rated-reviewed
Disclosure: I purchased Demon Stones at the Book Expo in November 2014. I do not know the author personally and have had limited communication with him about this book. The comments that follow are my own personal opinion. I received NO compensation of any kind, or from any one, to provide this review.

This story involves a young farmer named Gar, who inadvertently releases one demon from its stone prison. Pride and immaturity drive the boy to continue to find and open stones until he has a menag
Christian Laforet
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Demon Stones has everything a fantasy fan could ask for: quests, kingdoms, wars, forbidden magic, heroic warriors and vile villains.

The author is obviously well-schooled in the worlds of fantasy as he delivers an epic tale that will leave any fantasy fan drooling for more. Besides all the fun stuff (mentioned above), there is a deep sense of history and lore pulsing throughout the book, which adds a depth that is often missing from other similar works.

Highly recommended. Check it out!
Jackie
Book Info
Published July 21st 2014
ISBN 13 9780987770646
edition language English
other editions None found
Source:[Digital copy from author in exchange for honest review]

Book Buy Links
Amazon
SMASHWORDS

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Over time, the truth of their i
Hebe Young
Oct 21, 2014 rated it liked it
f I am perfectly honest, the beginning of the book really didn't have me hooked. I disliked the characters and thought that life was rather boring. It wasn't until at least a quarter of the way into the book where I really started to crave the chapters more and more.

Once I got into the book, I got a great description of each character that I could then interpret in my individual way. I began to really respect some characters and find depth in others, which at first seemed shallow and uncomplicat
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Note: I was provided a copy of this book for review

I liked this story; it was intriguing and nicely complicated without making it too confusing. Drakich doesn’t rush anything narrative wise and there is no perfect ending, instead he provides a conclusion that is real and true to reflect the events and what has happened in the story.

The story is a well developed epic fantasy and does well to bring a gradual but good introduction into the world, story, and events. As a character Gar is likeable, i
S.A. Molteni
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Demon Stones by Michael Drakich is a fantastical tale of a poor, bullied village boy who defies the odds and becomes a hero to his family and to the people of his country.

Gar, the main character in the book always thought that the stories about the demons held captive in stone across the lands were just to terrify young children - not anything he really needed to worry about. Until one day, he accidentally releases one from its bondage. What follows is a story of triumph over evil after a school
Tracy Beth
Oct 17, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5/5*

Gar isn't an easy character to connect with. His feelings and misunderstandings as a teenager are easily sympathized with, but he's also very easy to disagree with, allowing readers to pass judgment on the bad decisions he makes.
Jo
Apr 16, 2016
Steve Jumbaski
Jun 02, 2016
Michael Drakich
Jul 22, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
J
Carol Teter - Mauck
Adam Kokkonen
SARIT
Jul 25, 2014
  • A Birthday Surprise (A Demon Paradise Novel, #1)
  • Out of Time (Out of Time #1)
  • Dangerous Reflections (Adventures of Alexis Davenport #1)
  • Impossible (Piercing the Veil, #3)
  • Writer (Daughter of Time, #2)
  • The Prophecy (A Dragon's Tale, #1)
  • The Brotherhood of Olympus and the Deadliest Game (Book 1)
  • Spellbound (Immortal Island, #1)
  • Fissure (Chronicles of the Interred, #2)
  • Schism (The Battle for Darracia #1)
  • Longclaws
  • The Talented
  • Blood Bound (Gallows, #1)
  • Knightfall (The Chronicle of Benjamin Knight #1)
  • Gemp
  • Hex
  • Crystal Fire
  • Fangs for Nothing (Vampire Hunting and Other Foolish Endeavors, #1)
A new and exciting author in speculative fiction, Michael brings a repertoire of science fiction, fantasy and thrillers to readers everywhere. Michael lives in the quaint neighbourhood of Olde Walkerville in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Father to three, the family home is an historic Albert Kahn design built in 1895. When not writing, you can find Michael walking down the majestic trees lined streets ...more
More about Michael Drakich