Start by marking “This is Falling (Falling, #1)” as Want to Read:
This is Falling (Falling, #1)

This is Falling

(Falling #1)

First, I had to remember how to breathe. Then, I had to learn how to survive. Two years, three months and sixteen days had passed since I was the Rowe Stanton from before, since tragedy stole my youth and my heart went along with it.

When I left for college, I put a thousand miles between my future and my past. I’d made a choice—I was going to cross back to the other side,
Published August 29th 2014

Christy
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 'Falling' stars!

photo 6d1cb6c7-5908-4e7c-a085-81bb808a31a7_zpshlcwbedf.jpg

This is Falling is yet another book that has been constantly recommended to me and I kept putting it off because I didn’t have the time. I was finally able to get to it by listening to the audio book. And friends- you were right. I loved this book!

This is a story about a broken heroine. Rowe has had something unimaginable and terrible happen to her in high school and it’s shaped who she’s become. She’s not that full of life girl she was. Something in her has died. As a fr
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 ~*~ 5 Stars

”This is how a girl steals your heart.”

description

I really loved this book, the characters were wonderful, the writing was witty, the back story was heartbreaking and Nate and Rowe were oh so swoon worthy!

This was my first Ginger Scott book and I’ve already jumped into her first book because I must read more by this author. This book was pure butterfly inducing enjoyment and the author gifted unique characters that had depth and layers. This story is told in alternating pov of Rowe and Nat
Mysza
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
This...is falling.
This...is desire
This...is living
This...is love
This is how a girl steals your heart.
This is me...this is me, trying.
There was not a single thing that I didn't love about this book. Starting from the writing, the plot, the humour, main characters and ending on the secondary ones. I loved all of it!

It was a beautiful, sometimes heartbreaking and sometimes funny, love story. It was a story about a girl, who wanted so much but couldn't let go of the past and about a boy who was
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title:This is Falling
Series:Falling series #1
Author:Ginger Scott
Release date: August 29, 2014
Rating:5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

You know when you read a book, and you get so excited over it, you want to run around shouting: Friends! Come! See what I have found! I must share this with you...immediately! That's me, in this moment. You know Tom Hanks in the movie Castaway? Remember when he struggled in frustration over and over attempting to make a fire when he ge
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
DNF at 58%

description

I really tried to like this book but in the end I had to throw in the towel. It's not a good sign when the book starts to annoy me at the 4% mark --> (view spoiler)

However, I really am trying to cut down on the number of DNFs I have so I continued on, despite some scene
Beverly
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 This is…Stars

Let me start by saying WOW! I loved this beautiful, heartbreaking story.

Rowe Stanton survived a horrific incident, she lost her best friend and her boyfriend in one second. How do you come back from that? The guilt of surviving, the overwhelming loneliness, and trauma of surviving death.

Nate Preeter is used to getting what he wants, as one of the most coveted catchers going into college, he doesn’t expect to have to convince a girl to like him. From the moment he meets Rowe he kn
Brandi
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

This is Falling is a sweet NA story, a bit predictable but an enjoyable read. Rowe has spent the last 2 years isolated and afraid, but she wants to move forward, so she applies to a college far away. Hoping that by putting distance between her and the past, she will be free.

description

During her first week on campus she meets Nate, and he is immediately interested in Rowe. Nate is a love guy, he doesn't want to randomly hook up, he is looking for something special. As feelings escalate, Rowe finds herself
Maayan
Disappointment. When I think about 'This Is Falling' all I could feel is Disappointment.

It has the perfect recipe to be a winner. A broken girl with a dark past, the handsome athlete who fell for her from first sight. A bunch of entertaining secondary characters. Humor, and beautiful love story.

Well sadly .. This love story didn't work out for me.

The review may contain spoilers, I'm writing from my phone and i can't put a tug.

I have no idea what the author was trying to do with Nate character.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--Falling--Stars!!

This was my first Ginger Scott read, and I must say it was really good. This was a solid read for me. Maybe a little bit predictable and a story-line that I've read before. But very well-written and really made me feel, for both the MCs and their story.

Two years after a devastating tragedy left her socially isolated and fearful of moving on, Rowe finds herself starting college miles away from the comfort of her home.

"I was crossing off days on my calendar, putting one foot
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
(ARC Provided by Netgalley in Exchange For an Honest Review)
{BR with Dee and Mel}

photo 326d05966044532cb570254849b4d24d_zps739ff167.jpg

When I saw this book on Netgalley, the cover was what drew me in and then I read the synopsis and was intrigued. I am so THANKFUL that I requested this book!! "This Is FALLING" was YA at it's best. I loved everything about this book. The BEST part of this book for me was NATE PREETER. Ladies get ready, there is a new Book Boyfriend in town, and he will have you swooning so hard, you won't know w
♥Sharon♥
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 That feeling - the feeling of falling STARS

photo thisisfallingcollage_zps615b3b9c.jpg

I decided to read This is Falling because I enjoyed How We Deal with Gravity so much and there is something comforting about how Ginger Scott writes her stories. I was also a little hesitant too. I haven’t had much luck lately with NA books.

Shortly after I started reading though, I knew this one was going to be different. Ginger Scott slowly and gently lets Nate and Rowe’s story unfold. And as you can see by my rating I ended up LOVING this o
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I have decided that I have, in fact, read this book before! BUT for some reason I didn't even have it as "read" or with any rating or review, so I decided to finish it so I could write one. It was ok. The h got on my nerves, and while I did like the H -- he wasn't fully my type of H. The subject matter was good and interesting and kept me engaged, but I don't think it'll be all that memorable in the long run (hence my not remembering that I had actually read it before) 🤷🏻
Michelle
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
4.5 Stars

Screenshot_4

Rowe has lived existed for the last two years. Venturing away from the safety of her home for the first time, ready to start college and try to escape the pain and guilt that have trapped her for the last few years. Her plan was simple. Simply try, but wanting to run home the second her feet touched the unfamiliar ground of her new home.

Nate’s live has revolved around baseball since his brother’s dreams were snatched away. He had his choice of schools, but being close to his brother
Jasmine
5 FELL IN LOVE STARS! ★★★★★

"Two years ago, I was doomed to never fit in again-like a wounded superhero tattooed by kryptonite.

You know that amazing feeling when you pick up a book & when you read it, you feel all these wondrous butterfly feelings that you can't really explain? This book is the answer to it. I fell in love with this story. A heart-achingly, beautiful story that is brilliantly written with lovable characters from start to finish.

The story is told from a dual POV. It's bee
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Love re-reading a beautiful book, always a delight and always makes my heart feel better. Its so soothing, a good read.
~
I don't think I have smiled, blushed, giggled, laughed sooooo much while reading a book in the recent past!!

This book was 'BARBIE' amazing :D ;)

Some scenes of this book ever the cutest scene's I've EVER read! I am always going to hold on to those scene, they were sooo perfect. :D

I'm in love with this book, in love with Nate and in love with Rowe with an 'e'

Can't wait to read TY
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3 stars

photo thisisfallingcollage.png

Sadly, I don't think this was the book for me (sorry Jasmine! *hides* lol).

This Is Falling is the story of reclusive Rowe, yet another new adult heroine who does not see that she is amazing and has the popular hot guy fawning all over her within a matter of minutes. Normally I'm all for the damaged heroine plots, but for some reason this one didn't really stick with me. Maybe if the author told Rowe's story earlier on in the book I might have cared about her issues more? Anyways, thi
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

☆☆☆☆☆4.5~ 5 I’m Falling for Nate Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

Falling….Fallling… Fallling… That’s right I fell big time in love with This is Falling by Ginger Scott. Falling down is part of life, and getting back up is LIVING. And in Ms. Scott’s newest release, This is Falling, be prepared to fall deeply in love, discover one’s strength, move on, and LIVE. In this touching and beautiful book, Ms. Scott blew me away with her storytelling. She was able to weave el
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 This...is love Stars!
(ARC provided by Netgalley)
(BR with Patty & Denisse)

photo 34db73e4-ba66-4539-a636-55da17225a36.jpg

photo e427a04c-08ba-48b8-ac33-12cb6bf58c58.jpg

Rowe Stanton is an 18 yr. old girl living in Phoenix, Arizona. After a tragic event rocked her whole world two years ago, she has been homeschooled ever since. She has hardly left her own home, being a prisoner to her fear. Her social skills have suffered while she's lived in her own little bubble, and she's tired of being shut down & wants to put herself back out there.

photo aff1ccba-44f4-486e-92a6-d7cfa994da79.jpg

It's time for Rowe to start college &
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
2 Could Have Been Better Stars

ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Rowe isn't ready to leave her house yet but after two years of seclusion, it's time to face the music in a college way farther away than she is comfortable with. Surprisingly the distance turns out to be exactly what she needed to learn to live again. The distance and a boy named Nate. Nate is there to teach her how to some back to the living but Rowe isn't ready for a boyfriend yet.

Nate can't get Rowe ou
.Karéz.
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~~5 I'm Falling Stars~~

description..
I felt i was over the edge after Reading this!!..

Since i heard many great things about This is Falling. I knew that i have to get my hands on it. i was beyond happy to receive an Arc.

My first read by Ginger Scott. and what a great way to start reading her books!. she for sure gained a fan! :D

Once you read This is Falling, you get to feel every emotion. One minute i'm laughing, smiling. the other, had the urge to hug someone and cry myself.

Nate. oh nate! How to describe h
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -

Rowe experienced something very dramatic during her senior year in high school. After being homeschooled for 2 years she desperately wants to move on with her life.

She chooses a college hundred miles away from her home, family and painful memories. Its her chance to start living again. But homeschooling, the constantly fears and agoraphobia made her a little socially awkward.

Nate.. even though he is an awesome and popular baseball player, he is not a manwhore or asshole. After his ex-girlfrie
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Aug 12, 2014 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: reviewed
DNF @39%

A tragedy two years ago left Rowe broken. Now off to college, she meets Nate. Will he be able to bring her out of her shell and feel again?

Sooo... I think it might be a case of having read too many similar books, it just felt rather average to me. The heroine was your typical closed off broken type. The hero was nice. I just wasn't motivated enough to continue.

This book wasnt for me but if you are looking for something with a broken heroine and a sweet guy, this might be the book.

ARC p
TeriLyn
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**This is Falling generously provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

5 Nate & Rowe Stars

What I love about a great New Adult romance Ginger Scott fully provides in This is Falling. That being the way this time period of our lives fills us with possibility. We’re so vulnerable as young adults figuring out who we want to be, creating a persona for ourselves based on the values our parents instilled in us and what we’ve come value as individuals. It’s a time wh
Dee Montoya
*****5 Endearing Stars*****

(BR with Patty and Mel <3)

(Arc kindly provided by Netgalley)

Another chance, keep going, keep breathing... That's Rowe Stanton new mantra as she makes her way to college after spending two years secluded in her home after going through a terrible tragedy. She has to take one day at a time, she's forgotten how to be social, how to wake up and not be afraid, but being in college, away from the safety of her home and her parents is the first step into her new life. On h
Jeannine Allison
4.5 stars...

There were so many things I liked about this book that I think list form would be best...

1. Characters. I loved the secondary characters as much as the primary ones. Obviously I really enjoyed Nate and Rowe, but I really liked Ty, Cass, and even Paige as well, and I'm looking forward to their novels. I was especially happy when Paige became a more dimensional character. At first I thought she was going to be the stereotypical "bad guy" in the story, but she really surprised me and I
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4-star-books

- AUDIO RE-READ -

4 Falling to Stars

If you are looking for a NA novel, set during college with mild drama and sweet romance, then This is Falling is for you

Rowe is a damaged girl. She was home schooled for the past two years and now that she is a freshman in college, it’s time to start fresh and new. She’s working on opening up, making friends and doing things on her own, but it’s hard to get over a rough past.

Nate is a star baseball player and could play anywhere, but he picked the same school
Nikki
3.5 Nate's Falling Stars!

I feel like this gif depicts my general impression of Nate (hero) so well. Starts off good, things are going well, but oh shit, I'm not that perfect, can't keep it together! Ohhhh fuuuuck...realization begins to set in, yeah I'm screwed.
description

So lemme give you some background before I tell you why Nate pissed me off. I feel like this is your cardboard, textbook NA/YA formula thus why it only takes a sentence to explain the premise of the book. Heroine has something tragic happ
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
*ARC kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

description...

She was only existing, until he gave her a reason to live.

Rarely does a book tick all the boxes, and surprises me, but this one did both. Deeply emotional and with secondary characters I connected with too. I really loved it, can't wait for book #2.

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY RATING ☆☆☆☆☆ This is Falling (Falling, #1)by Ginger Scott

three fifty - seven stars

I'd had this sitting on my trusty ipad glaring at me to read it, after going through all my books and seeing this sitting there patiently for weeks on end still not even peeked at I took that plunge and I swear i could not put it down, yes it is YA and generally a genre I tend not to really jump on but am I glad I took that plunge!!

A girl with a constant reminder, a girl with scars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Breathe,just breat
Polly
Aug 14, 2014 rated it liked it
*ARC provided by Netgalley via the author for honest review*

2.5- grow some balls-stars

My review is very spoilery. If you don't want any spoilers, DO NOT READ!!!! My computer is being a bitch and I dont have time to tag them.

So going in I was excited. Everyone was loving this book and it sounded right up my alley.

Well as much as I hate asshole guys this dude needed some balls.

He was SO NICE- he let a chick cuddle in his bed while he was interested in her roommate.

He was SO NICE- he still carr

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Real Thing
  • Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Love Show
  • The Sexiest Man Alive (Life and Love on the Lam, #4)
  • He's Come Undone
  • LoveLines (The Wilmington Saga, #1)
  • The Fragile Fall (Undone, #1)
  • Third Degree
  • Say the Word
  • Harder (Caroline & West, #2)
  • Something like Normal (Something like Normal, #1)
  • Losing Me Finding You (Losing Me Finding You, #1)
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
  • See Through Me (Lose My Senses, #1)
  • Past Imperfect (Perfect, #2)
  • Pieces of Olivia (Charleston Haven, #1)
  • Silver Heart
Ginger Scott is an Amazon-bestselling, Goodreads Choice Award and Rita award-nominated author of several young and new adult romances, including Waiting on the Sidelines, This Is Falling, Wild Reckless, The Hard Count, Cry Baby and Bred.

A sucker for a good romance, Ginger’s other passion is sports, and she often blends the two in her stories. (She’s also a sucker for a hot quarterback, catcher, pi

Falling (4 books)
  • You and Everything After (Falling, #2)
  • The Girl I Was Before (Falling, #3)
  • In Your Dreams (Falling, #4)
“...You are the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about at night. You are the face in all of my dreams and the smile I see when I close my eyes. Your voice when you sing in the shower late at night, when you think you’re alone, is like music to my ears...” 16 likes
“I wanted you to fall. And I wanted to catch you.” 16 likes