Start by marking “Gravitational Force” as Want to Read:
Gravitational Force

Gravitational Force

At six-foot-two of solid muscle, Luke’s shyness is often mistaken for intimidation. He’s fantasized about his roommate Nate since the day they moved into the dorms, but six weeks later, Nate has a boyfriend and Luke still struggles to have a conversation with him.

When Nate’s boyfriend lets him down during a difficult time, Luke will have to work past his anxiety to be the
Published July 22nd 2014 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Gravitational Force, please sign up.
C.M. Walker (Argh, I wish Goodreads would let me know there are questions waiting!)

(Argh, I wish Goodreads would let me know there are questions waiting!)

Anyway....I do think about Luke and Nate and what the future holds for them. They are so very different in personality, and still young, so they'll both need to grow a little bit before they reach the next level in their relationship.

So, yes, definitely potential for a follow up story, but nothing concrete. Yet. :-)(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
C.M. Walker
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
So sweet & sexy too! I love friends (or roommates, as the case may be) to lovers stories.

The prompt asked for a HFN ending, and it was, but barely. The story ended abruptly. I definitely wanted more.
Vivian
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Two college roommates figuring it out with physic jokes.

Hurt/comfort theme with both characters having experienced a great loss. One outgoing geek + one shy gym rat + outside force completes the equation for finding happiness. Apparently, someone needs some schooling about the difference between geeks and nerds.
Erika
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
N'aww this story was really sweet and well written. Why have I not heard of this author before? I'm looking forward to reading more from her.
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love's Landscapes event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

3.5 stars Ohmygod, I love, love, LOVE! that picture! But based on the mediocre reviews I was worried the story wouldn't live up to it :( aaaand... Hoorah, I was wrong! I really liked this. I thought I would be rounding down to a 3 star, but by the end I had a smile on my face (I love full circle stuff. Nate quoting his grandpa's "I wondered when you were finally going to
Viv Ross
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Viv by: ME
Oh, I love, Love, LOVE this!!! Perfect length, perfect characters, perfect plot! (Okay, so maybe I'm a little biased because this was written for MY prompt, but oh well.) <3 Thank you, C.M. Walker
Ula'ndi Hart
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-reads
Overall book review: 3.5
Audio book: N/A
Book Cover: 3.5

Great little short-read. Loved it and would have loved reading more about the two.
Jay Clark
From Luke's first awkward yet sexy moments in the story to the very hot ending, C.M. Walker makes these two college friends and roommates sizzle. Each has his own life burdens and struggles. Nate has a boyfriend who clearly does not deserve him and yet C.M. provides a delightful twist at the end about that relationship that you won't see coming, unless you pick up every last stray thread of foreshadowing woven into the story. Tragedy in Nate's life gives Luke a chance to be gallant and show Nate ...more
Meep
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dritc-event-2014
Its a short story that moves fast not giving time or filler to get a feel for the characters or understand their emotions/changes. The dialogue doesn't feel natural to me and nothing made an impression.

It's a quick simple story but I couldn't connect, the feelz weren't there.
Sunny
3.5

Aww...that was sweet. Luke and Nate were both sweethearts, and I liked them together.

I thought the end with Justin was solved a little too easily and wished Luke had asked about Justin earlier.
Kristan
Nate and Luke have been college roommates for the past 6 weeks, but they haven't really spoken to one another. On top of the fact that Nate has a boyfriend, Luke's just too shy to let Nate know he's gay let alone interested. This is a really interesting plot concept but it was just too short to get to know these guys. And that "boyfriend" Justin? (view spoiler) ...more
Serena Yates
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
Nice little story about two college students/roommates falling for each other. Lots of physics references from the "nerdy" partner, and some adorable shyness from the somewhat less confident, if physically stronger guy made me smile.

Luke may look tall and strong, but he is really very shy. He has a crush on his roommate Nate, but the guy has a boyfriend. Luke really wants to be there for Nate when his grandfather dies, and is very sweet about supporting him. And after a long, shared drive back t
Dee
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5, maybe 2.75, rounded up to 3 stars.

Short and sweet but with a few less than smooth moments. Justin was a minor bump, Nate's inconsideration another (view spoiler). Personal etiquette issues aside it was well executed, the writing was good and the sexual ten
K
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dritc
Contemporary short story
Possibly falling into the NA category
Luke, who narrates, and Nate, are college room mates and Luke has something of a crush on Nate, who is not only out but has a boyfriend, Justin. When Nate's grandfather dies suddenly, Luke realises that he wants to be with him to help him through the funeral and unexpectedly turns up. After their journey back the Luke admits his feelings to Nate and discovers he's not alone. This was a cute little story with added Avengers and physics
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Nate and Luke are roommates. Luke has harboured an unrequited love towards Nate since he first met him over a year prior. Nate has a ‘boyfriend’ who is a complete jerk. Luke really wants to be with Nate but is way too shy.
Well, something happens at home and Nate has to go back. Luke, being an overall good guy, decides to support Nate, even if his boyfriend won’t. One thing leads to another…..

I thought this was an overall very cute story.
Jade Eby
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the way Walker builds up the sexual tension between her characters. The anticipation for the "moment" is the best feeling and I love when we finally get it. I don't normally read a lot of m/m but Walker is one author I will always read and anticipate. Her characters come to life for me and I think she's a very talented up and coming writer. I can't wait to see what she writes next!
mah1
Shelves: dritc
I enjoyed reading this story and thought it was written with the right kind of tone, being sweet and not sappy.

Every once in a while I fall for a secondary character and in this story Justin totally won me over, I thought he was a great contrast to Luke and he hadn't been reduced to a sleezy, caricature of a bad boyfriend.
Jenna
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it

I enjoyed it for the most part, except the whole thing with Justin at the end was way too convenient and difficult to believe.
Trisha Harrington
I kind of liked this. I mean, it wasn't bad exactly. But the whole Justin thing was a bit off-putting for me. I probably would have given this four stars had he not been in this.
Angela
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very sweet collage room mates romance. Endearing characters and just enough emotion to pull you in. Had been looking forward to this since I saw the initial prompt - it didn't disappoint.
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
3.5 short and sexy with a little punch of emotion that I didn't expect at the end.
Annika
This was a lovely, romantic short story. I thoroughly enjoyed it and came to care for Nate and Luke a lot. I could relate a lot to Luke, knowing what is the right thing to do but feeling awkward by doing it, that it might only be in your own perception the right thing to do. Loved Luke and Nate who gave him the feeling that he's doing exactly the right thing.
Naughty Justin could have been more fun though if the author wouldn't have made us believe till last moment that he's a terrible jerk. Than
Serena
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gr-dritc, romance-mm
Love's Landscapes Anthology Volume 7 by Posy Roberts

My Rating System:
Straight Girl Goes Gay
cover image

This book has its own episode on Straight Girl Goes Gay - a Vimeo on Demand web series.
Read the written review here.

Everything contains spoilers! You have been warned :)

melek
Must say the picture prompt is just so hot as it lived up to the story in my books.Luke and Nate roommates luke loves nate but thinks nate has a boyfriend. After a death in nate family he finds himself their for nate. And things develop from there onwards. I think these guys have a a wonderful future if they make it through their bumpy rds if any lead up to the story.
Samantha
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read
3.5 rounded up.

I really enjoyed C.M.'s story last year, and I enjoyed this one too. Perhaps not quite as much, but I see a lot of potential in this author and hope to read more by her in the future!
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
The story was cute and I liked the two MCs. I wasn't happy, though, that (view spoiler). The "admit it" thing was adorable.
Melanie~~
Jul 22, 2014 marked it as event-stories-unread
[NOTE: I rate most writing event stories (free reads) 4 or 5 stars because of my appreciation of the author's participation and gift.]
cmbookdiva
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Thank you.
Lala
3.5 stars.

I enjoyed the story, though I'm not a big fan of shy characters.
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice story. Nicely written. Sweet and sexy.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Exposed
  • Honesty and Artifice
  • More Than He Can See
  • Elevation
  • Busted (Wellington Guys #1)
  • Dancing for Diamond
  • The Last Cannoli
  • Half Past Forever
  • Geeking Out on 11C
  • Accidental Karma
  • On Edge
  • Deep in the Count
  • The Anchor Tattoo and the Pistachio Dream
C.M. Walker lives in Maryland with her husband and two children. She read her first M/M romance story out of curiosity, decided that books were better with two men instead of one, and hasn’t looked back since. When C.M.’s not reading or writing, she’s either next to a bright light cross-stitching with fancy thread, at the computer digi-scrapping, or at the sewing machine making cute clothes for he ...more