Start by marking “Sparrow Man (Sparrow Man, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sparrow Man (Sparrow Man, #1)

Sparrow Man

(Sparrow Man #1)

Meg Clark has turned out to be everything her father and the people of her little North Country town of Gouvernour, NY, have been saying her whole life: nothin’ but a piece of white trash. In an effort to hide her past and turn herself around, she spent her inheritance from her dead mother on the perfect little house with a white picket fence. Then something terrible happe ...more
Paperback, First, 350 pages
Published August 15th 2014 by Pritchard Publishing (first published August 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sparrow Man, please sign up.
M.R. Yes! There will be more Sparrow Man :) I'm hoping to get the second book written this year, hang tight ;)
Julie Witte My favorite part of Sparrow Man had to be when Meg was in Heaven, had all she wanted, great food, hot shower, more clothes than ever in her life...yet…moreMy favorite part of Sparrow Man had to be when Meg was in Heaven, had all she wanted, great food, hot shower, more clothes than ever in her life...yet she was restless, had a feeling there was more, knew then that all the fine things in the world wont make you happy if you have unfinished business somewhere. That is when I knew Meg would be ok.(less)

Start your review of Sparrow Man (Sparrow Man, #1)
Kristen Burns
3.5 Stars

Full Review:
This is a hard review to write because this is one of those books that might be best gone into blind. Everything I want to say most is kind of a spoiler because it’ll ruin that mysterious element. But one thing I can say is that I went into this book not knowing what to expect, and still it ended up being something unexpected.

From the blurb you’ve at least gotten that it’s a zombie book, right? Well, it’s not. Oh, it’s got zombies, but it’s not about them.

Part of the reason
The Behrg
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
It's unfortunate that one can't predict or be a part of aiding which books go viral, as Sparrow Man by M.R. Pritchard is certainly worthy of such reward.

I'm not a fan of divulging the plot of a novel in my reviews, but this novel took me by complete surprise. What I thought was a simple zombie story morphed into something wild and completely unforeseen. Yet it fit perfectly within the world Pritchard has created, mysteries unfolding into fantastical developments. The eclectic characters were a j
Beccie
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, favorites
I was asked to read and review “Sparrow Man”. This is the second book I’ve read from author M.R. Pritchard and I have to say, she’s making an awesome impression. This was a trippy, couldn’t-put-it-down read for me. I never knew what was going to happen so it kept me turning the pages into the wee hours of the morning until I was finished and wanting more. In the beginning I thought this was going to be a dystopian/zombie story but….BUZZ, I was wrong. I’m not going to share what the story actuall ...more
M.R.
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
If you loved Sparrow Man, book 2 in the series is up for nomination on KindleScout.
Head on over to the Kindle Scout page, read the first chapter of Nightingale Girl, nominate the book for publication, and spread the word. If the book gets selected for publication, you get a free ebook copy for nominating!
Happy reading,
Meredith

Link to Nightingale Girl: https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/1EZ0...

The Kindle Copy of Sparrow Man will be FREE 4/4-4/8! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M...
Sarah Canning (Books Over Sleep, Author Services)
When I originally picked this book from a list of FREE books from some mailing list, I thought I was going to be reading another book about the "Zombie Apocalypse" and I was perfectly okay with that - because Zombies are kickass. I didn't expect this book to blow me away, nor did I expect it to keep me up until 5:30 AM because I just had to finish it
But it did.

I can't tell you much about what happens in the book, really, because that would be giving too much away, which would be a disservice to
Jessica
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-authors
The majority of this book was a-freaking-mazing. Tantalizingly suspenseful, sending delicious shivers down the reader's spines! Not only are you engrossed in the story, but you really love both Meg and Sparrow Man. Meg isn't simply an empty vehicle of a main character, a host for the reader's experiences and reactions to everything going on in the book. She is her own person, clearly defined, and we respect her strong will and her grit.

You're probably wondering why I said only most of the book
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
This was a fantastic read. An emotional roller coaster that keeps you on your toes. You may think you have the story pegged and then the author throws something else at you, another twist, another turn. It's not a genre I normally read, this was my first zombie type read. However, if you do like to be thrilled and surprised, this is the story for you. Zombies are called various things in this book, but my favorite term has to be "meat sacks". Haven't heard it put like that before and it had me l ...more
Julie Witte
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I like how the book started out with action, I am not a fan of "zombies" but the book just touched on them, and explained them near the end. I fell in love with Sparrow Man! I want a T-shirt! I am also not a religious person but this book had me riveted to the end. Very easy to get lost inside the covers. I am wanting more! I will be reading all of the Phoenix series now, and any books by M. R. Pritchard I can get my eyes on. Parts of Meg's trials took me back to my days in foster homes...I felt ...more
Emily
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of demon/angel paranormals
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Wow! This was a very well developed story with lots of twists and turns. It takes real talent to come up with such a creative storyline.

There was a lot of depth and great character building. The verbiage was descriptive, and the flow flawless.

A great book.
Bertha Alicia
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A disgusting book, at the beginning...

But just at the beginning!
You'll see, I wasn't into that zombie thing, so when I read "walking dead", I was like "what the f*". But then I continue reading and the story moves from walking dead to... something more interesting for a person who is into all paranormal but not zombie. I won't tell you anything more. Just go and buy the book, give it a chance, you'll not regret it!
So, here is where I leave this, because I need to start the second book in the s
Barbara
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
I really enjoyed the first half of this book. It was a quirky and even endearing. I liked how it Meg came to view herself as a worthwhile person who deserved to be treated well. The second half just seemed to go off the rails. It was too simplistic and the message seemed to shift to you are what you are made to be rather than what you choose to be by your actions.
shannon  Stubbs
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different

This story starts out pretty good. Then it changes to something totally unexpected. I don't want to say much to give it away but it has a cliffhanger ending. I have to read the next book.
Victoria M Morton
Loved this book and just bought 'Nightingale Girl"! Hard to put this book down, well who needs sleep?
Wendy
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness!

What a quick read! I love the characters. I can’t wait to start he next book. Meg and Sparrow have an interesting life ahead of them.
Cherry Bob*omb
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first part of this book was so well written- I was scared, I was curious, I couldn't put it down. The reveal was a real surprise- not at all what I was thinking, which I still don't even know if this is a good thing or bad thing. Liked it enough to buy the next book in the series straight away though 😊
R.E. Carr
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel so guilty because I let this book languish on my Kindle for months, but the moment I picked it up, I devoured it in a single weekend. I greatly enjoyed M.R. Pritchard's refreshing and unexpected take on the zombie genre - a genre that rarely mixes in religion and romance in such a deft and unexpected way. I'm definitely off to devour books two and three now.
Michelle
This is one of the weirdest books I have ever read, but was so freakin good. There were a couple of different story lines going on but they meshed together really well. It was almost like eating two different kind of foods together that when you look at it, it doesn't seem like it will go well together, but when you take a bite and the two flavors match so well together. Like cheddar cheese on apple pie or eating bacon while having a bowl of cheerios. I know this is a weird analogy, but I couldn ...more
SnowySilence
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. I was fortunate enough to get it for free during a promotion period, thinking it was something to pass the time with, nothing sounded too amazing in the description, but it sounded unique from all the carbon copy stories out there, involving zombies. Meg is a strong female character, and Sparrow Man was incredible. The character development throughout the entire story was evolved and not jumpy, leaving you wondering how they changed from this to that.

And this part m
Serenity
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Well, before starting Sparrow Man I thought it was a zombie story—I was wrong. The story does include zombie-like creatures but that wasn’t a HUGE aspect of the book. I wasn’t too disappointed by it, it just wasn’t what I was expecting. With that said, my initial description of this book would be: weird. I was never exactly sure where the plot was going and although I wasn’t totally disappointed about the lack of zombie content I was less than thrilled with how the story developed. It just didn' ...more
Andrea
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jena
Aug 12, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was super hard for me to rate. I started reading it and thought it was about one thing and then it went into a completely different direction, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing it just threw me off. Parts of it I couldn't turn the pages fast enough it was so good and parts of it (like the second snowy owl encounter) had me rolling my eyes. It seemed rushed at points too. Things that seemed monumental and deserved a moment or discussion were just brushed by. The characters were well ...more
Barb
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, what can I say... who can resist a book where a crazy, wacky, man who hums Bon Jovi songs and only cares about collecting feathers, takes the time to help a girl who thinks she is white trash and every thing in her life that has happened to her, she deserves!!

What a crazy good read! Loved Sparrow!! What a great character! What a great story. Grab this one and Enjoy!
Gwen
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy zombie books and are looking for something completely different this might be the book for you, there were so many twists and turns that I was kept on my toes throughout the book. If you don't like zombies give it a go anyway I highly recommend it.
Trisha
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
Fantastic book. One of the best books that i've read in a very long time.
Sunshine✰✰✰
Ending was not what I expected. Took the story to a whole nother genre. Wish it stuck to it's original theme. but most of the book kept me interested enough. Wont read the next in the series though.
Brandie Lagarde
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept me guessing

I really enjoyed this book. Angels, demons, realm shifting, fights, walking dead...what more could be so entertaining? I will be getting the next book.
Bexx
Oh wow. where do I begin? I can't remember when I got this from amazon.. But I'm so glad I did. Such a fantastic story.
Hazel Thomson
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Couldn't wait to see what happened. A great read, i'd definitely recommend!
Heather
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully different story. Will never look at birds the same way! Very nice.
Maya Pankratz
I won a free copy of this through first reads on Goodreads, and I'm psyched! It seems like it's an amazing book, and I cant wait to get my copy and find out.
Meredith Pritchard is a lover of coffee, rum, and books.

Sparrow Man (2 books)
  • Scarecrow (Sparrow Man #3)