Start by marking “Operation Ice Bat” as Want to Read:
Operation Ice Bat

Operation Ice Bat

Some of the horror genre's biggest names join forces with talented newcomers for a benefit anthology to aid a friend in need. Edited by World Horror Grandmaster award winner Brian Keene, Operation Ice Bat includes horror and bizarro fiction from authors such as Christopher Golden, Kelli Owen, James A. Moore, Mary SanGiovanni, Robert Swartwood, J.F. Gonzalez, Mandy DeGeit, ...more
Published July 20th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Operation Ice Bat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation Ice Bat

Frank Errington
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Operation: Ice Bat is something special. A group of talented writers coming together to help one of their their own. Each one contributing a story for this anthology with all of the the money made going to the cause. And at the same time, giving the reader a good time.

Eighteen stories from some of the best writers woking in the horror genre today.

The fun begins with a mining legend from Christopher Golden and "Breathe My Name." The first thing I realised while reading this piece is it's been to
Tom
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
A nice collection of stories.from some of the best writers in the horror field. This collection has everything from Lovecraft style stories to Splatter Punk. There is even a visit from Sherlock Holmes. All the money raised goes to help a friend of the writers involved in the collection. Nice price also. FYI some of these stories are reprints but you do get a new Brian Keene story as well as a half dozen or more other new stories. Highly recommended.
Kaisersoze
Quality collections of stories from a gaggle of different authors are difficult to find. In fact, I'd go so far as to say they're rare enough in the literary wilderness to be considered an endangered species. What a relief then to find one edited by Brian Keene that, after a slowish start, ends up being an excellent selection of mostly horrific tales. And better still, it's all in the name of helping out a friend of many of the authors included here, Dave "Meteornotes" Thomas.

Operation: Ice Bat
Jonathan Echevarria
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The anthology is a tribute to Brian Keene's long term friend Dave Thomas, who is suffering through some really hard times. I originally picked up this ebook without really thinking twice, because I enjoy helping out Brian Keene and his friends whenever I can afford it. Much to my surprise this anthology contains a new Brian Keene story you can't find anywhere else! While I plan to read the entire ebook, this review will focus on the Brian Keene story only.

The story I did read was the short nove
Jen
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good collection of stories that span a few different genres like horror, thriller, Lovecraftian, bizzaro, and speculative fiction. I enjoyed the majority and almost wish some were expanded on, but found the story Invoilable to be well past what I could deal with; it made me far too uncomfortable to properly read it and, having skimmed it, I don't particularly wish to. My favourite stories of the selection are Mouth and Little King, but I appreciated the introduction to the bizzaro genre. It wa ...more
Seth Tucker
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This short story collection is really good. Not every story was great, but there were only one or two that I did not completely enoy. This book provides a variety of horror stories, ranging from slow burning Lovecraftian styled tales to more gore stained gonzo violence entries, but the bulk of the stories fall somewhere in the middle. The editing and arrangement of the stories added to the entertainment because if you did not like one story the story following it would be a different styled horr ...more
Paul McNamee
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it
A solid anthology with varying degrees of horrors sub-genres. One or two of the stories didn't match my tastes, but overall it was an entertaining group of stories. That is usually the case with any anthology. For the ebook price, the cause and the variety, Operation: Ice Bat is a sure bet if you're looking for some horror reads.
John
Oct 10, 2014 rated it liked it
nice mix of stories but sometimes I wish the end just didn't seem so rushed but I think that's an anthology issue. still a fun collection that could make awesome shorts.
Matt
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
A lot of good short stories. I enjoyed most of them with the exception of one or two that didn't quite click with me. Over all a good read.
christopher russin
Tim Meyer
Aug 21, 2014
Giovanni Velazquez
Oct 01, 2017
BRIAN KEENE writes novels, comic books, short fiction, and occasional journalism for money. He is the author of over forty books, mostly in the horror, crime, and dark fantasy genres. His 2003 novel, The Rising, is often credited (along with Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead comic and Danny Boyle’s 28 Days Later film) with inspiring pop culture’s current interest in zombies. Keene’s novels have be ...more