Start by marking “Forgotten Time (Ravenhurst Series, #1 )” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Time (Ravenhurst Series, #1 )

(Ravenhurst #1)

#1 AMAZON BESTSELLING SERIES IN TIME TRAVEL & #1 INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLING TIME TRAVEL SERIES
Begin your adventure through time in a captivating world filled with debauchery, steamy sex, lies, betrayal and murder. Document the contents of a vast estate, discover riches beyond your wildest dreams, figure out a centuries old legend and fall into the arms of a handsome eg
Published (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgotten Time

Christi
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story line was ok, but it was very poorly written. I made my self finish, and I have no interest in getting the next book. And that is bad considering this one left you right in the middle of the story line. Which in itself is something I hate. I don't mind trilogy's, but I like a book that stands on its own. If you like the characters enough you will look for the next book to continue their story. You shouldn't have to buy another book just to finish the main plot line.
Anca.T
Jul 12, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
horrible! poorly written, Katherine,the main character is shallow and stupid ; she only thinks about clothes, shoes and expensive bags. The dialogues made me want to bang my head. She doesn't even realize she got to the 18th century. How in the world do you not realize that?? How can it take you 2 days to realise?
I will not read the next books in the series, this book was a waste of time.
Jeff American
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really a chick-lit type of dude and not sure how i originally added this to my read list, but what i can really appreciate is that this is not some quickly written, play on the romance factor, type of book. The interaction between the characters is so vivid that it almost reads like a treatment for a screenplay. And again, i'm a pretty unemotional type of guy, but i was "stirred" by what I read. Great job, Lorraine!
Victoria Limbert
When I sit down to review a book I try to be honest and constructive. I won't lie. Lorraine Beaumont's Forgotten Time has a few editing issues and there were a few noticeable slips in to first person from a third person point of view. These errors, in my opinion, were minor and didn't detract from the story but is was one of the reasons I couldn't give a full five stars. As a self published author I can completely relate to problems concerning editing and finding good editors.

So now moving swift
Soccergypsy
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had all my favorites: time period, suspense, and strong female lead. Was so involved in the story I didn't realize I was at the end until the words showed. Will most assuredly pick up the next installment.
Connie Taylor
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well written paranormal time travel book. Ms Beaumont captures the reader from the first page and doesn't let go until the last. The world is described in great detail and the characters grow as the story progresses. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the Ravenhurst series.
Jack
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i got this by mistake, but read it anyway, and even though i'm not into chick-lit/romance, there were parts of this that made me laugh really hard and stoked the internal fires. Don't know if i'll buy book 2, but it kept my interest and was well written.
Lottsaluv
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I joined this site just because of the mention on the Author's blog. I really like the idea of this site, which i can use to talk about what i read. I really enjoyed the real life romance settings in this book. A very compelling read. Where's part 2?
Joey Fruth
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, I'm not much for romance or historical works but this was a very quick, captivating read. I sped through it because I couldn't put it down; I wanted to know each character's fate as soon as I could.
Kristin
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!!!! This book whisks you away to an engrossing world full of characters that your itching to know more about. It made me laugh out loud which isn't too common in a historical romance.
denise helton
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

It kept me enthralled and held me in suspense.I cannot wait to read more of the Ravenhurst series. I'm sure everyone will enjoy this book.
Jan 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time travel history and romance

really enjoy the style of writing, and storylines. now I have to get the next in this series. good read
Joel C. Eaton
Very good

Good story line. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series. Ill be ing my friends to read them as well.
Johanna
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book but I hate books that end on cliff hangers because I have to go find the next one immediately if I really liked the book so I can find out what happened. Which I did!
Megan
The story started off okay and I was somewhat interested in reading it, but then it became very tedious to read very quickly. The book didn't make sense, but I kept hoping things would be cleared up when the book ended - they didn't. Also, the characters from the Victorian era didn't behave correctly (in my opinion), but instead behaved the way you'd think modern people would. All in all, not a book I'd recommend or a series I'll be continuing.

Content: lots of sexual situations/scenes
Tiana Dalichov
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh man... Where to begin...

This story was so unlike anything I've ever encountered before! The idea of time-travel, but in this new, exciting way, turned me on instantly. And so did Sebastian for that matter ;) Yum! I want me some of the Earl of Ravenhurst!

Loved the characters! The main character kind of ticked me off every so often because of how immature she acted about some things, but I think I can kind of understand where she came from. Sebastian was like soooo freaking sexy that I found my
Rachael
Jun 09, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dislike
The story was OK... oh who am I kidding? This was rubbish. Because:
1. Too many characters were introduced with very little time for development.
2. The formatting was not right and there were simple mistakes which should have been picked up on during editing, if it was edited at all.
3. It didn't feel authentic during the parts that were set in Victorian England
4. There were very confusing and inconsistent switches between the present and past eras.
5. The ending was abrupt, unsatisfactory and defi
Julie
A very mysterious beginning to this time-travel romance series. The apparent heroine has traveled back in time via a beautiful blood-red stone amulet which was given to her by a mysteriously, dashing, older gentleman at her place of employment which is an auction house in London. Naturally, she has a hard time accepting what has actually happened to her, but knowing there are strange legends that accompany the amulet, she's quick-witted enough to figure out what has happened, just not why. She i ...more
Vicki Mcgough
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great beginning to the Ravenhurst Adult Time-Travel Romance series. A great ensemble cast of characters make for steamy romance among the myth and legend of the Ravenhurst estate.
Claire Milbrandt
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the witty main characters, and the beautiful scenery. The time travel part gets a bit confusing sometimes, but I really enjoy the story and can't wait to continue the series! :)
Jo Pilsworth
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Completely different from what I expected

There I was, expecting a relatively straightforward gothic romance. Until ... click here, and the totally different approach to this book became apparent. Didn’t that increase the fun level of this book?

That difference in approach made for a fascinating read and Marguerite/Katherine tries to understand what has happened, what will happen next and the whole concept of starting off in present day and ending up in Victorian England.

I doubt the different
Kathy Brickert
Not what I was expecting

This was a very different kind of book. I really didn't get the whole key thing, and the story seemed to jump back and forth so much, it was confusing to me. Also, it really means you have to go to the next book to advance the story. Good plot, weird characters. I was confused over who were the good guys and who were the bad.
Sandy
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forgotten Time

Really great time travel romance with the added mystery of a hidden agenda and a man from centuries ago who is determined to right some past wrong. The interactive game is a distraction and after the first few keys I skipped it. The novel does not need it as it's a good story without it.
Jane Mercer
Dec 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, deleted
Got fed up there is something off about the writing style, the main character is first person and annoying, the author couldn't be bothered to look up what necromancy really meant. Then it's a time travel romance so you expect the character to jump back in time which she does then the hero flashes back to further back it's just annoying not to my taste.
Maureen Murphy
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never a dull moment!! I love how this series of books blend together. Waiting for the next chapter.. Who knows maybe their children will experience the same fate.

Angela
Nov 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate to give such a poor rating, but then again it's a poor book. Choppy writing, no characterisation, confusing and poorly edited. The final straw was that it's clearly set in America, and yet the author introduces a castle dating back to Arthurian times! Needless to say, I did not finish this book.
Wytzia Raspe
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An American girl is working in England when, during a party at an old estate, she is transported to the Victorian era.
Do not expect historical correctness, and be aware it is one in a series (I hate open endings) but it is a good read.
Andrea Mccormick
Watch your jewelry...

Be careful what jewelry you wear, it just might lead you to the past. Just when this book was getting really good it ends. At times its kinds hard to follow with all the characters and time jumps.
laurel jones
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
although I found it a bit confusing at the beginning I quite enjoyed the book so much so that I have now bought the rest of the series
Betty
Feb 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on
I did not realize this book was about reincarnation---or something like that and I just can't get into books like this.

• Edge of Time (Langston Brothers #1)
  • FREEDOM : The Rake And The Recluse : Part One
  • A Lesson in Friendship (Lesson Series, #4)
  • Another Dawn
  • Nothing But Time
  • Mystic Memories
  • Somewhere My Love (Somewhere in Time, #1)
  • Not Without Juliet
  • My Future Husband
  • Incubus Hunter (Erotic Elf, #1)
  • A Wish to Build a Dream On
  • Together Again (Vicarage Bench #4)
  • Stars in Your Eyes (de Piaget, #14; de Piaget/MacLeod, #21)
  • ASMODEUS: Demon of Lust Part 1
  • Kiss Across Time (Kiss Across Time #1)
  • Mirrorlight (Once Upon a Time-Travel)
  • Dancing In The Athenian Rain
  • A Train Through Time (Train Through Time, #1)
#1 Bestselling, #1 International Bestselling Author-Award Winning Poet, Gargoyle enthusiast, Time Traveler, Red Shoes that Glitter Collector, and Creature of the Loch Aficionado.

List of Books

Ravenhurst: A Victorian Christmas
Lucian (Coming Soon)
Ravenhurst-A

Ravenhurst (6 books)
  • Shadows of Yesterday (Ravenhurst, #2)
  • A Victorian Christmas (Ravenhurst, #2.5)
  • Time to Remember (Ravenhurst, #3)
  • Dreams of Tomorrow (Ravenhurst, #4)
  • Now and Forever (Ravenhurst, #5)
“Why did any man stay with a woman? Love… Sex… Food… ah, shit… she didn’t know.” 0 likes