Start by marking “Going Faster!: Mastering the Art of Race Driving: The Skip Barber Racing School” as Want to Read:
Going Faster!: Mastering the Art of Race Driving: The Skip Barber Racing School

Going Faster!: Mastering the Art of Race Driving: The Skip Barber Racing School

This complete racer's reference is the perfect resource for all drivers from novice to expert. The fundamentals of fast driving are revealed in this definitive how-to book for racers. You will find the competition-proven methods of instructors and of professional drivers that will give you the know-how to work up the track and stay at the front. Interested in the world of ...more
Published April 1st 2003 by Bentley Publishers (first published June 24th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Going Faster!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Faster!

Start your review of Going Faster!: Mastering the Art of Race Driving: The Skip Barber Racing School
Azmi
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pros:
- This book tells you how to race your car in complete physics and maths, philosophy have no place here
- The calculations are easy to grasp provided that you have a good high school math basic
- Still not convinced? The book deliver solid computer analysis to prove the effectiveness of the techniques described
- It guides you when to switch plan based on variables that affect line, wear and tear etc.
- It teach you how to analyze the track and limit of your car without crashing, and if you did
Robert
Jun 25, 2018 is currently reading it
I bought this book as my main source of guidance in order to improve my times on Sim-Racing such as for the FIA Championship hosted by GT Sport and all I can say is wow. Carl Lopez indeed goes in-depth (or at least for those of us novice Racers) with the main concepts such as Limit Cornering, Attitude of an Apex and various methods of tackling hairpins just to name a few.

I will be updating this once I have completed this. I was just too excited to have my word out there as my times have
Andrew
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sim Racers and New Racing Drivers
It's been a while since I have read this personally considering I started racing in 2012 (sim racing in 2011, which is when I read this book). But I can tell you I have passed it around to new racers like a well used "racing bible."

This was the first book I touched when I first found myself wanting to get into racing. Like many others, my passion started from playing video games. This gradually grew into an "unhealthy" competitive desire to be better than everyone else at anything involving 2 -
Chris Welbon
Sep 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read them all, but this is certainly my favorite book about the techniques and principles of race driving. I read it when I first did a Skip Barber class in 2007, and again before a lapping day in 2009. The diagrams and photos are slick, clear and extremely informative, and the sound bites from experts like Danny Sullivan, Dorsey Schroeder, Brian Till fill in the chalk talk with actual experience. (It's no surprise that all of those have gone on to successful broadcast careers.)
Smartmonkey
Dec 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Fairly technical, with copious diagrams and discussions of racing technique. The occasional anecdotes are rather dry, but usually serve to illustrate a point. Recommended for anyone interested in racing and isn't afraid of a small amount of abstract math.
Jonathan
Jul 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Going fast takes a lot more than strong motors and big balls!
Tomas Urbonaitis
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant! From the basic, that any driver should know, to professional racing intricacies
Erik
Mike
Jun 23, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Never Split the Difference
  • Ultimate Speed Secrets: The Complete Guide to High-Performance and Race Driving
  • How Not to Be a Professional Racing Driver
  • The Guide to Road Racing on a Budget: A step-by-step path to going from a motorsports fan to getting on track without breaking the bank.
  • The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
  • The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting
  • B4B: How Technology and Big Data Are Reinventing the Customer-Supplier Relationship
  • The Prometheus Deception
  • Split Second (Sean King & Michelle Maxwell, #1)
  • Red Sparrow (Red Sparrow Trilogy, #1)
  • Speed Secrets: Professional Race Driving Techniques
  • Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • The Serpent (The Gameshouse, #1)
  • Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)
  • Spellslinger (Spellslinger, #1)
  • Gantz/1
  • A Twist of the Wrist II: The Basics of High Performance Motorcycle Riding
  • Dr.STONE 1 (Dr. Stone, #1)

News & Interviews