Start by marking “Second Chance Bride (Sapphire Bay #1)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Bride (Sapphire Bay #1)

Second Chance Bride

(Sapphire Bay #1)

Escape to paradise with New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author, Sandra Edwards, in her latest modern-day, romantic fairytale, Second Chance Bride!

After being jilted, practically at the altar, Genie Wainwright heads to Hawaii to escape the well-meant pity party her friends and family are bound to throw on her behalf. What she never expects is to find someone to help
Published July 18th 2014 by SE Press

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance Bride

Start your review of Second Chance Bride (Sapphire Bay #1)
Cindy
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Can you imagine being stood up at the altar? Well, using the honeymoon trip to Hawaii would kind of perk things up! The author gave us a beautiful description of the hotel, the grounds, and Hawaii. Reading this short story was like taking a vacation without leaving my house.

I was enjoying the story so much and the characters that I hated to see it come to an end. If you are looking for a short romantic read, this is a very good one!
Pam
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second Chance Bride is by Sandra Edwards. It is a typical romance that takes no time to read and everything comes out right in the end. The book is a fun book to read.
Genie Wainwright is devastated about being jilted almost at the altar. She cashes in her honeymoon and takes a trip to another Hawaiian island to escape her well-meaning friends and family. She needs a chance to unwind and figure out what she is going to say. She doesn’t expect to enjoy herself on this trip.
Donnie Taylor is the o
Tosonjia Crawford
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely HEA, I enjoyed reading this book.
Christina
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it
**The novella was sent to be my the publisher in exchange for my honest review**

This was an okay read. It's definitely not something that will knock your socks off, but it IS a cute read that will cleanse your palate.

Because this is a novella, it is a short read, which can also make for one of two things: a perfectly developed plot with characters or quite the opposite. This story is a mixture of both. The characters of Genie and Donnie are interesting enough, particularly for a "fairy-tale rom
Julie
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Second Hand Bride by Sandra Edwards is a 2014 SE Press publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Being left at the alter is one of those nightmares that could have a person waking up drenched in a cold sweat. For Genie, it's no nightmare. It's really happening. So, now there is nothing left to do by lick her wounds and pull herself back together again. Instead of going to Hawaii on her honeymoon, she makes a few changes and travels to Sapphire Bay resort, a
Kathleen
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
After being left at the altar on her wedding day, jilted bride Genie Wainwright changes the planned honeymoon destination from Maui and escapes to the posh Hawaiian Sapphire Bay Resort on the island of Oahu to mend her broken heart.

Donnie Taylor comes from old Texas money and is the owner of the Sapphire Bay Resort. He enjoys living in paradise and running the resort, but he hasn't met a woman that he would want to spend the rest of his life with.

With a little matchmaking help from Donnie's moth
Ginger
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Second Chance Bride, by Sandra Edwards is incredible. I give it 4 stars. Poor Genie was jilted at the altar. She cashed in her honeymoon trip to Hawaii to grab a few extra days at a posh Sapphire Bay Resort on one of the islands. What she didn't intend to happen is finding love while there with the owner Donnie Taylor. Donnie also did not intend to find love, especially not at the first site kind of love. His mama pushed Donnie into asking Genie out on a date. She accepted.

Second Chance Bride, r
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Second Chance Bride is a quick read as this is a Novella. Now sometimes I dislike novellas because there are hurried but I absolutely did not find that the case whilst reading this book until the very end. Yes sadly I thought when they got together that night it was smidge hurried. The epilogue was much needed and the perfect way to wrap up Genie and Jay's story.

The characters are easy to like. I did think Jay said 'Mother' a bit too often but hey if that's his only fault we can totally get over
Stacy
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This novella was given to me in exchange for an honest review. Genie Wainwright thought her life was perfect. She had planned a fabulous wedding and was waiting to get married to the man of her dreams. The man of her dreams, however, had other plans...he jilted her. What is a girl to do when she had all her dreams crashing down on her? Well, Genie cashed in her honeymoon and headed to a different Hawaiian resort to nurse her wounds. What she didn't expect to find was Texan, Donnie Taylor. Genie ...more
Julie
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary

I can't imagine being stood up at your wedding which is what Genie had to endure. But she decided to have some fun anyway and takes her honeymoon ticket to Hawaii and try to forget her ex fiancé and men in general.

On arrival she meets Donnie, a handsome guy who has all the right moves and he may be just what Genie needs to get past her unhappiness, he's handsome and fun, and they get on great. Genie needs to watch her heart!

And Donnie is not usually the type of guy to settle down, but after mee
Nicole
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

This is a perfect little escape. If you are looking for a break from reality for an hour or two, this book takes you to a posh Hawaii resort. The sweet love-at-first-sight romance is a quick and delightful read that transports you to the scene of the couple's meeting. I'm not often a fan of novellas because I feel incomplete at the end, but this book didn't make me feel that way. It has just enough detail and an interesting story. Read it after a long day at work (like I did) and feel a b
Cally
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
After facing every brides nightmare on their big day by getting jilted at the altar.

This very nightmare happens to Genie Wainwright. She was planning on going to Hawaii but she changes her plans and go to Sapphire Bay resort, which is in Oahu and is completely out of the way.

Donnie Taylor is the owner of the resort but increasingly getting fed up with women who only want him for his money.

Donnie's mum spots Genie and convinces Donnie to ask her out. So with the help of Donnie's mum meddling both
Jackie Wright
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review
I read this book as part of the Sapphire Bay Romance Box Set and loved it.
Second Chance Bride is just that. Imagine being stood up at the alter .... Genie decided after her no wedding fiasco to take herself off to Hawaii but a late change of plans brings her to Sapphire Bay.
Donnie is the owner of resort and he hates that every single woman who visits the resort is after his money, is Genie any different......,
This is a sweet short romance that is perfect for a holiday read.
Sandra Ed
Niki
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When Genie is stood up at her wedding, she decided to cash in her honeymoon to Hawaii and go there herself, to avoid the people in town. There she meets the owner of the resort and what both did not expect happened. Donnie gave her comfort and they felt in love. Donnie's Mother plays a role it in too, besides that she is a scream, she also pushed Donnie in asking Genie out.
Sandra is describing Hawaii so well I love her books, this is another great one! she does magic with her words.
Katherine Horvath
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Second Chance Bride: I loved the romance, the style of the story, the Hot man and second chances. I loved that even though she got dumped that she took a chance on loved again. She had the perfect setting! I always though Hawaii was magic and it can always been in a book! I just loved the whole concept of the love! They both took a chance on Love and it really worked out! It was a beautiful romance! Its every ones dream!
Nancy
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Genie Wainwright, a jilted bride, escapes the embarrassment and pity of friends and family by going on her honeymoon to Hawaii alone. There she meets a nice woman who introduces Genie to her son, Donnie Taylor a, confirmed bachelor. No spoilers from me, I highly recommend this quick and very enjoyable book.
Tonya Boutwell Hauser
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy by Sandra Edwards. My heart broke for Genie when she was left at the alter. Genie goes to Hawaii to try and put her self back together.

Donnie owns the hotel Genie is staying. She meets Marla Donnie's mother. Marla plays match maker.
Thanks to Marla true love is found.

This is a quick read but so good.
Amber Chancey
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

What a sweet mini story. I was extremely sad when I finished it simply because I wanted to stay in the love filled world that this story created. It ended very simply and did not leave you with questions or any form of cliff hangar. Second Chance Bride was a breath of fresh air. I would recommend this story to anyone who is looking for an easy read of a wonderful romance.
Bookerina Lovington
Alright, so while this wasn't a book that thrilled me and left me dying to go read more works by this author, it wasn't necessarily bad either. It started out showing promise, but, in my opinion, just didn't execute the story and develop the relationship between the characters very well. Maybe if the book was longer and included more in it...
Monica
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
aww! LOVED this sweet novella! short, sweet, lovely! fun and perfect! Taylor was such an amazing, sweet, man! I almost wished it was more in depth but for a novella it was perfect! right amount of each character, just enough sappy/sweet to make you smile :D with no tears! great afternoon read!
Karen Shortridge
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short story, Genie is dumped at the altar and her best friend convinces her to change the honeymoon and still go to have her recovery somewhere nice. She meets Donnie and can't believe her feelings for him, this is able to whisk you away and it really is a feel good story.
Charmaine Walker
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
oh what a beautiful romantic story. Genie gets jilted at the alter so goes on honeymoon alone. there she meets Donnie. A case of love at first sight. absolutely loved this story and just perfect for a short novel
A short and sweet read. I think it was a little too short to really have any good character or plot development, but I liked the MCs as much as I can from what I found out about them in this short. A little unrealistic, perhaps, but a nice, simple and sweet love story nonetheless.
Kimberly
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Second chance for sure...

The story behind in heartache and follows with a happy ending. Genie's adventure is quick moving but it works for her. This could have had more substance but it was still a decent book.
Katie George
Mar 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Weird, sloppy, and downright inadequate, SECOND CHANCE BRIDE is an attempt at romance, but does not hit the mark. This novella is extremely unrealistic and even boring.

Hey, it took place in Hawaii.

Oh wait, it didn't even feel like the story took place on a tropical island.
Diane creech
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Left at the alter

A light but charming romance. Very well written. A young lady is dropped at the alter so she uses her tickets ( and cashes one in to upgrade ) and goes to a resort in Hawaii. There she falls in love. It was an enjoyable read.

Lynne Moody

Very much enjoyed this book , first time I read this Author. I loved all the characters in this book.They were fun and quirky at times.The storyline had sweet and colorful turns , but that's what made it great. Can't wait for the next book. Yes this can really hsppen in real life.
Ninnie
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
You can read my review here. ...more
Jen_C
Sep 25, 2014 rated it liked it
3-1/2 stars. Had a few typos. a good story but it was total instalove.
Vikki Vaught
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute story, likable characters, but the ending was a bit abrupt. Happy reading!

• Caden Cocker (Cocker Brothers Book 18)
  • The Way To A Bear's Heart (Paranormal Dating Agency; Aurora Champions, #1)
  • Two Fathers One Secret
  • Trials of Magic (Shadow Academy, #1)
  • Lord Rokkan’s Private Toy
  • Hunger (Hordesmen, #1)
  • Terror (Hordesmen, #2)
  • To Have and Hate
  • Swim Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #1)
  • Best Friend's Li'l Sis (Brother's Best Friend, #1)
  • Midnight Star (Paranormal Dating Agency / Aurora Champions, #4)
  • Love You Forever (Second Chances Forever, #2)
  • Iniquitous (The Marked, #3)
  • Invidious (The Marked #2)
  • Hot Wings (Paranormal Dating Agency; Aurora Champions, #2)
  • Triple Talons (Paranormal Dating Agency; Aurora Champions, #3)
  • Infernal (The Marked, #4)
  • Primal Possession (Alphas of Sandor #1)
NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY Bestselling Author Sandra Edwards writes award-winning romance in a variety of subgenres such as paranormal (mostly time travel and reincarnation), contemporary, and suspense. She lives in the U.S. (west coast) with her husband, two kids, four dogs and one very temperamental feline. Sandra's books often push the envelope and step outside the boundaries of conventional ro ...more

Sapphire Bay (6 books)
  • Christmas Bride (Sapphire Bay #2)
  • Maybe Baby (Sapphire Bay #3)
  • A Romance to Remember (Sapphire Bay #4)
  • Sapphire Bay Romance 2~Pack (Holiday Bride & Holiday Magic)
  • Sapphire Bay Romance 6-Pack