Start by marking “Empire of Night (Age of Legends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Empire of Night (Age of Legends, #2)

Empire of Night

(Age of Legends #2)

Sisters Moira and Ashyn are the Keeper and Seeker of Edgewood.

or at least, they were.

Their village is gone. Their friends have betrayed them. And now, they are all but prisoners in court, forced to watch and wait while the Emperor decides whether to help the children of Edgewood, who remain hostages of the treacherous Alvar Kitsune.

But when the emperor finally sends the gi
Published April 7th 2015 by HarperCollins (first published April 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Empire of Night, please sign up.
Coyote
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Empire of Night (Age of Legends, #2)
Frankie Lovely
4 stars
review to come

Great series so far!
CLIFFHANGER WARNING
Typical book 2 slump for the first half of this one but holy heck does it pick up!
Abigail
Before reading the book:
Just tell me Gavril is the good guy. Just tell me he is. I believe that he is. Please?!

After:
Well, it took me weeks to finish this book and i think i like book1 better. More action i guess, more adventure, and more GAVRIL. OMG! hahaha.

There are some stuffs that are so unexpected in this book, like (view spoiler)... OMG. MY LITTLE SHIPPING HEART DID SOME HAPPY DANCE. I JUST CANT. I really want Gavril and Moria to be together. you know!!!
Perla The IB Teen Book Blogger

Book Two of the Age of Legends series
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: April 7, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Sisters Moria and Ashyn are the Keeper and Seeker of Edgewood. Or at least, they were.

Their village is gone. Their friends have betrayed them. And now, the emperor has sent them on a mission to rescue the children of Edgewood—accompanied by Prince Tyrus
Yodamom
Betrayals, beasties, ghosts, political plays, and a love triangle.
If you have not read book 1 you must before you you read this one you will be lost.
It was an intense edition to the series. Moria is really put through hard times and suffers awhile trying to find the children taken from her destroyed village. She is used as a pawn. Tyrus and her are labeled as traitors and Asyln and her must be separated.
First let's get to the triangle. I do enjoy a well played triangle with two good choices each
Carly
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
WOW! This book was so so good! Excellent really. I liked Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers trilogy as a kid but Kelley's new Age of Legends series is just incredible. So much danger, emotion, and action all in one, with great characters. I was very upset when Empire of Night ended, but only because I wanted to keep reading, and I don't have the third book yet! If you like monsters, sword fights, and strong female characters, with just a tinge of romance, this series is perfect for you. If you ha ...more
OhWell
Before:
Can't wait for Gavril's story - he's the most intriguing of all characters, no doubt about it. I just hope there won't be any love triangles in Empire of Night...

And after:
Love triangle it is... And that brings down the rating right off the bat.
I do like Tyrus, don't get me wrong. It's just that he doesn't seem the right match for Moria, and there's too much mushiness in their relationship. I was quite disappointed that Gavril got relegated to a minor role in Empire of Night, and that no
Michael
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
HOLY LITERARY FICTION I NEED THE FINAL INSTALLMENT NOW. Review to come closer to release date.
Christina
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fucking LOVED THIS BOOK HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! I ANT BELIEVE THEY JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT IT IS READY KILLING ME!
Diamond
Review first posted on my blog @ Diamond’s Reads
4.5 stars.
Although I read Sea of Shadows last year, it wasn’t one of my favorite fantasies. I felt like the story was great and it had a ton of potential (the world was amazing) but I mainly felt the best part was the ending/last part of the book. It definitely was a cliffhanger and the last portion of the book really got great and had me really sad it ended. So, when Empire of Night was released I decided to buy a copy (I mean, look at that cover!
Kathryn Ford
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Oh my word, this was brilliant!!!

All the problems I had with Sea of Shadows was corrected in this book. Right from the first sentence the descriptions and attention to detail were really really good.

Again, I was surprised so many times during this book, it is very far from being predictible.

I love all the characters.

The ending, omgosh the ending! Please I need the next book as in now!!! April next year is way too far away.

In short this book was amazing!
Danya
Fantasy, badass fight scenes, and swoon-worthy love interests are my bookish trifecta. Give me badass ladies kicking ass, using magic, and making out and I will be one happy reader. So imagine my delight when Kelley Armstrong's EMPIRE OF NIGHT gave me all three! Since this is the second book in the series, I won’t talk about the plot at all to avoid spoilers. This review mostly concerns itself with world building and characters.

As Keeper and Seeker, Moria and Ashyn occupy a sacred and revered po
Cherie
Loooolllll why did I continue with this series??

"I dunno" is the correct answer.

This book took me a freaking MONTH to read. A. Whole. MONTH.
I actually returned it to the library cause I was so done with everything and I wanted to dnf SO BADLY but I borrowed it again like the persevering child I am *pats back* and I somehow managed to finish this.

I know alota people hated the first book, but for some reason the audiobook just infused life into the characters and story. And I mean, yeaaaahhhh,
Pang ((♥ Book Paradise ♥))
OMG! The cover is so gorgeous!
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
I know I reviewed the first book on Monday, but I am zinging through this series! I'm already halfway finished with the third and final book, Forest of Ruin. It's crazy intense and wonderfully fantastical. I am in love with the characters and the world Kelley Armstrong has created. I feel like I'm on the long and arduous journey with them, and I'm increasingly worried about their safety. They no longer know who they can trust, and they keep finding bodies that are broken, shredded, or unrecogniz ...more
Shelley
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

Empire of the Night is the sequel to Sea of Shadows and the second installment in the Age of Legends series. Told in alternating narratives, Sisters Moria and Ashyn, the former Keeper and Seeker of Edgewood, find themselves cloistered within Emperor Tatsu's palace. All but prisoners who aren't supposed to leave the palace without permission, the sisters grow increasing bitter at their situation. Especially since the Emperor's Keeper and Seeke
Araseli
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book although it had a really dark and creepy beginning the story developed quite well. I rarely like all of the characters in a story but; I like all the characters in this book. Enjoyed reading both views of the twins and really liked their characteristics. Moria is still my favorite she's witty, resourceful and really a strong character. If you like the first book you'r going to like this too. It's written so well and it's easy to follow. Looking forward in reading the next book. ...more
Luna Ana
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
OH MY GOD!!!!! What a book!!! Guys please read it. I truly don't know why this series is not more popular. It's so amazing.
Great characters, great world building, great plot GREAT LOVE TRIANGLE!!!! I don't usually like love triangles but in this case I can't even choose which guy I like better.
And we get some great new characters in this one and I really hope to see more of them in the next book.
The only thing I didn't like in this one was Ronan. He's not that bad but he annoys me sometimes :/
Sara (Freadom Library)
This review was originally posted at https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/

Check out my series review here: https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/...

Critically
Plot – 4 out of 5 stars
This book picked up the pace a bit more and it’s much more action packed as well. Thankfully, there’s much more information on the world and how the empire they live in actually works. It’s still a bit confusing though with this second book, I’m definitely getting the hang of things. There’s more romance in this one, l
Aneta Bak
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the first book so long ago. I was really worried that it was going to be hard to jump back into this series, but man was I wrong. Empire of Night was an absolute thrill ride, and I'm so glad that I decided to finish this series.

I forgot how much I loved Moira and Ashyn. They're both so unique and different but they both have qualities about them that makes me love them. Moira was probably my favourite of the two, she's as adventurous and stubborn as always, and never ceases to get herself
Ashley Lewis
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🌛 Gavril kind of reminds me of Maven from "Red Queen"
🌜 Oh, God please no!😭
🌛 😍
🌜 AGAIN WITH THE ENDING 😱😨
sooooooomiii
This book was so disappointing.

In fact, if I’m completely honest, this whole series has been one big disappointment. My love for Kelley Armstrong and all her other books is probably the only reason why I’m bothering to read it at all…and why I will read the third book as well.

Empire of the Night continues with the twins’, Moria and Ashyn, search for the missing children of Edgewood, their home village, which was attacked by shadow stalkers (deadly, evil, human-possessing spirit thingies). Accom
linnea h.
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Started off strong, and then disintegrated. Super disappointed. Barely skimmed the last hundred pages because I was so bored. Sad, considering this was one of my highly anticipated reads for this spring.
Nancy The book junkie

Shelves: books-i-own
Holy SHISH!!!!!!! I need the next book now thanks
Alannah
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good sequel! So enthralling, fast paced, and action-packed. I loved it!
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
3.25 stars.

It took me way too long to finish this. Over 2 weeks. I kept picking it up, reading a chapter and then going back to other books. The beginning was very slow, but towards the half way point, it got so much better. I really like the characters, especially Tyrus. I also really loved Guin and hope we might see a reappearance from her in the next book. I won't go into too much plot details as it's the second book so I don't want to spoil anything, but I'm happy with where this series is
Joy (joyous reads)
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Oh wow. That ending… and the mother of all plot twists! I don’t even know when the next book will be out, but trust me when I say, I’ll be making another offering to the ARC-giving goddess to send a copy my way. There’s no date yet, so I’m guessing Kelley is still writing the third book. Empire of Night is much of the same, only she’s up the ante on this book.

Warning: Spoilers ahead.

(view spoiler)
Jill
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel to Sea of Shadows, a story about Moria and Ashlyn, 16-year-old twins from the village of Edgewood, abutting The Forest of the Dead, a place thick with spiritual energy from the dead criminals who have been exiled there. Moria and Ashyn have been born with the ability to communicate with spirits, and thus Moria has become a "Keeper" and Ashyn is a "Seeker," one of four such pairs of specially endowed twins in the Empire. Ancestral Spirits guide and direct them, and each girl is ...more
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
I'm not fooling myself anymore. There's no way I'm going to finish this one.

DNF @46%

Honestly, if I didn't already have this one purchased, I never would have picked it up. I was not a fan of Sea of Shadows as I thought it was boring and not really a "Fantasy" novel. But I had already purchased this one and had heard from others that this one was so much better than the first, so I soldiered on. Except I was not impressed.

I thought this book was basically a carbon copy of the first (at least the

• The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • Cast in Deception (Chronicles of Elantra, #13)
  • The Marked Girl (Marked Girl, #1)
  • The Fire Wish (The Jinni Wars, #1)
  • Gear and Sea
  • The Girl of Fire and Thorns Complete Collection
  • Death by French Roast (A Bookstore Cafe Mystery #8)
  • The Pomeranian Always Barks Twice
  • Siren's Song (Storm Siren, #3)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • Secret Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #13)
  • Les Mythics #4. Abigail
  • Amir (Les Mythics T03)
  • El amor en los tiempos del colera
  • Deadly Pink (Rasmussem Corporation, #3)
  • Les Mythics T02 : Parvati
  • Death by Espresso (Bookstore Cafe Mystery, #6)
  • The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1)

Age of Legends (3 books)
  • Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1)
  • Forest of Ruin (Age of Legends, #3)