Start by marking “INCA'S DEATH CAVE an Archaeological Mystery Thriller” as Want to Read:
INCA'S DEATH CAVE   an Archaeological Mystery Thriller

INCA'S DEATH CAVE an Archaeological Mystery Thriller

Published (first published August 11th 2014)

Be the first to ask a question about INCA'S DEATH CAVE an Archaeological Mystery Thriller

Start your review of INCA'S DEATH CAVE an Archaeological Mystery Thriller
Nancy
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
High Tech and Archeology

Professor Johnson and his graduate student, Abby, are asked by Walter Falcone to come to Peru to investigate legends of an Inca Death Cave. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity and the adventure of a lifetime. They agree and setup their base for a year at the Falcone ranch in Peru.

Walter promised them a team and while the team calls themselves “The Rejects,” the young people are bright, technologically competent, and able to put high tech to good use to find and
Annie
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
a most excellent 5 star read...
I don't know when or if I have ever read such a book as this. I really enjoyed the story immensely, a rollicking good read! I don't know how I can review it... It was categorized as a mystery/thriller I would say it was neither, more like a history lesson from a great professor. The story was not real but most of the technical stuff was.
I am still thinking about it. It is technical & full of stats and it's the most polite story I have ever read. I just don't
Rhonda
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this smart action, mystery thriller. Some of what I learned was over my head, some I loved learning and makes me want to go to Peru. Yes some parts were hard to get through the facts, science of the book. The search for the cave and the action part of the book I really enjoyed and wanted them to find the information.

I loved the characters, they are such a mix. You Have Robert Johnson that is a Professor and will lead a team. I like him he is funny, smart. His student is Abbey who started
Dan Curnutt
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mystery readers
Recommended to Dan by: Net Galley
Where do I start. I thought this book was about Archeology. Well, it is. BUT, it is also about history, technology, the Vatican, a Billionaire and well, a bunch of young adults who have nothing better to do than develop cutting edge software while helping solve an archeological mystery of hundreds of years.

TECHNOLOGY: Wheler will describe so many computer ideas both hardware and software that you will need a degree in computer science to keep up. He also will hit on drones, surveillance devices
Joan
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The rich owner of Falone Advanced Technologies signs up Cornell University Professor Robert Johnson, an archeologist and his highly trained PHD student, Abbey Summers to go to Peru with a team of his computer experts, to determine the history and life styles of certain Incas and their leaders during and after the assaults by the Spanish in their conquest of Peru. There are pages and pages of historical references that Prof. Johnson must use to determine this plus descriptions of Falone’s ...more
Michele
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy reading about archeology you will enjoy this book. It can get rather dry at times--but the mystery and the characters are memorable. Now why would anyone want to sabotage an archeological expedition to the point that soldiers had to be brought in to protect everyone? You will be surprised if you read this book. Is the Inca's Death Cave ever found? Can't tell you--that would give away part of the plot! INCA'S DEATH CAVE an Archaeological Mystery Thriller
Jay Williams
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Quite an interesting and informative story. The characters are very real, and the excitement builds in every respect. For the first time I questioned my choice of college major after learning the excitement and inspiration of a modern search for an ancient city and its people. The story was off-beat, but so very entertaining and educational. This book is well worth more than one read.
Paul Franco
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Being an armchair--and at-site--archaeologist, and loving any few weeks I get to spend in Peru, I was really looking forward to this one. Unfortunately there wasn’t much archaeology to it, though there was quite a bit of historical investigation. It ended up being more of a thriller with plenty of action sequences and technology. It’s obvious the guy knows his stuff, especially the technology, and has spent a considerable time in Peru.
And that’s all the good news. . .
Never have I been more
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I would ideally give this book 2.5 stars if I could give half stars. I found this book somewhat difficult to get into, even though the blurb and front cover of the book were both really intriguing.

I felt that a lot of the issues I had with this book came from the fact I felt that, although a lot of research had clearly gone into this, there was too much info-dumping. Dialogue's good, but there was
Daniel
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
This book is self-described as a mystery thriller. It's not. By the end of chapter six, nothing of any interest whatsoever had happened. Up to that point, at least, it appeared to be a thriller designed for people who like to curl up with a glass of wine ("... a bottle of 2001 Corison Kronos Vineyard from Napa Valley ... an aromatic and cassis-scented Cabernet. Perhaps $80-$100 per bottle"--that's the kind of overly-specific detail the author constantly bogs his story down with) and read a good ...more
Randy
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Professor Robert Johnson, the main character in our story, has a pretty telling though early in the book.

"My eyes were starting to glaze over."

And shortly he is asked if they're boring him.

The author should have realized if his own characters were bored, what about the reader. Entirely too many info dumps early in the story, piled on top of each other. It didn't take me long to start fast skimming over those parts.

There's a pretty good story here, it just takes too long to get going. Most of it
Margot M. Gregory
Great read

I enjoyed this book. It had the right combination of action adventure and technical detail. There were a few grammatical errors but nothing worse than most books.
The one thing I appreciated the most is the lack of obscenity, graphic violence, sex, etc... It is a book I can feel comfortable to read with my teen. The story depicts great work ethic and the need for continuing education. It provides great discussion points. I am looking forward to other books by this author.
Julie
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I really enjoyed! However, I do have to say, if you do not like technology and history this read may not be for you. Especially learning about the technology because this is current new info that I found myself rereading to understand ... in fact, I am reading the book a second time to absorb more fully. Loved the characters and setting and hope for another book in the future so I can experience more through them. The detail in the research is obvious.
Kaila
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow... ok so where to start.. This was a very interesting story. The characters kept me on the edge of my seat, the plot was different but very good and everything flowed well. Some parts were a bit off for me but I think thats because I know nothing about archaeology. However, I enjoyed all the mystery parts and even the archaeology parts and the pictures were amazing as well. Very good story and author, can't wait to read more by this author.
Deb Novack
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an extremely well written mystery and action book. Professor Robert Johnson and his assistant are chosen to find the death cave in Peru. Unexpected things begin to happen, like being shot at by drug cartels and being stalked. This was a finely written storyline with great characters and interesting facts about the history of the land.

***I received this book in exchange for an honest review***
Jonathan
Jul 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
Like the above review mentions book was okay overall. Although it did have some action I would have liked more.I enjoyed the technology used in the book.the illustrations also were a good edition to the novel.I recieved this novel free via bostic communications.
Lynn
Jul 24, 2014 added it
Don't waste your time.

I read this e-book courtesy of NetGalley.
Christy
Sep 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Reads a bit like a technical report...unfortunately bland.
CassandraG
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Archeology professor Robert Johnson and Student Abbey Summer get involved with an
interesting mystery. Interesting setting, plotline and characters. You like Abbey and
the professor and their unique way of working together and the characters they come across in their journey to solve a mystery. So when you get a chance pick up a copy and enjoy.
Ellen White
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good narration, a letter comes and he should consider it. Leads him to Inca caves, a 500 year old mystery, for the Professor, and his star student. With a team and a year of funding, sounds to good to be true. Good archeological.story. Given Arc audio for my voluntary review and
my honest opinion
Annie
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Villagaray
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Inca's Death Cave an Archaeological Mystery Thriller is about Professor Rob Johnson, a Cornell Professor of Archeology, who is selected by Mr. Walter Falone, multimillionaire and owner/operator of Falone Advanced Technologies, to lead a team on an Archeological adventure to discover the tomb of Manchancaman and his "Strong of Heart". Mr. Falone pays Professor Johnson and his brightest student, Abbey, to come to Peru and lead the search. Abbey and the Professor have many adventures and work hard ...more
Marjorie
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Given To Me For An Honest Review

Bradford Wheler's book INCA'S DEATH CAVE An Archaeological Mystery Thriller is a must read. Once you begin reading it, it will grab you, keep you on the edge of your seat and the pages will begin to turn and turn and turn some more. Before you know it, you will be at the end of the book. This is a real good mystery thriller. The only problem I did have is that it seemed to have so much science information that it slowed down the reading. The story is set in Peru.
Charissa Wilkinson
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: educational, other
I received this book for a fair review.

Robert Johnson and his student, Abbey, are on their way to Peru to find a fabled lost city.

I try not to give less than 3-star reviews. This one was unavoidable. However, this time, it’s not based on the story line. Mr. Wheler had a great idea; it just ran away from him.

The story is well researched. It’s just the way the research came through that was once of my biggest causes for concern. This is a rookie mistake. Perhaps this is because his other books are
Zeljka
I tried hard, but really could not finish it. Dialogues were too unrealistic. People were talking like walking encyclopedias. Narrative and events didn't seem plausible enough to force me to continue reading. When I start to ask too many rhetorical questions about some passage or other, in an annoying manner, to innocent bystanders, that's a signal to give up on the book, which I did eventually.
Laune
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This takes archaeology, mystery, and technology with a team seeking an Inca Death Cave for a billionaire. They encounter all the negatives (drug cartel, snipers, religion, politics, computer geeks and computer saboteur) to a make a good read.
Teresa
Nov 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
"The archaeology is fantastic. I have no quibble with the techniques or archaeological story"
read more: http://likeiamfeasting.blogspot.gr/20...
Ashley
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
3.5 stars.

To see my full review, go here:

Reading For Sanity
Feb 19, 2015 rated it liked it
You can read this review and others at: http://readingforsanity.blogspot.com/...
Geryl D Gilbert
Dec 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Christmas Hirelings
  • The Demon Next Door
  • From the Ashes (Ravenwood Mysteries #1)
  • Evil Has A Name: The Untold Story of the Golden State Killer Investigation
  • The Darkwater Bride
  • Miramont's Ghost
  • The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank: Zarqnon the Embarrassed Discovers he is Autistic
  • The Glass Ocean
  • Manga: Warrior Legend Chapter I -Wonders of Life- | Book Volume 1 | Manga | Comic | Drama | Action | Fantasy | Fiction | Shonen (Warrior Legend Manga series)
  • Unnatural Seduction: MMF Bisexual Romance (Unnatural Seduction Book 1)
  • To Crown A King
  • Mr. Jones: A Horrible Husband
  • My Autistic Filter: An inside look at how one autistic person processes information
  • Alien Fair: The Feast and the Fountain: The Recovered Log Book of a Biologist Lost in an Alien Environment
  • The Mini Classic Consoles Guide – A Past of Future Gaming | Modern video game console history of classic edition book
  • BTS and Blackpink - The Kings and the Queens of K-POP | Kpop Info Book | Idol | Bias | Biography | Tours | Fun Facts | Profiles
  • The Dark Side of a K-POP Idol -The untold truth- | BTS BlackPink Twice EXO PSY Monsta X
  • The Truth: Sasquatch, Aliens, Dogman, Wildman (Mythical Creatures)
BRADFORD G. WHELER is the former CEO, President and Co-owner of Allan Electric Company. He sold Allan Electric to a New York Stock Exchange listed company. After staying on as President during the transition, Brad retired.
Brad’s lifelong love of history, art, books, and the inherent humor in man’s nature led to the founding of BookCollaborative.com and the publishing of MONGOLIA AND THE GOLDEN
“The Chimú were known to have worshipped the moon, unlike the Inca, who worshiped the sun. The Chimú viewed the sun as a destroyer. This is likely due to the harshness of the sun in their desert environment.” 0 likes