Start by marking “Love, Always” as Want to Read:
Love, Always

Love, Always

**This book is intended for a mature reading audience and isn't suitable for readers under the age of 17.**

In love with a man on the brinks of greatness, Dee has her life figured out. The love they share is comparable only to the love they feel when they find out Dee is pregnant. Josh and Dee welcome their future together with eagerness as they plan a wedding, baby, and th
Published (first published September 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Always, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Always

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I'll read romance novels. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for them. They are like the mac and cheese of the reading world for me. They give me comfort.
Until they piss me off.
May go all spoilery.

(well I have but this gif worked here)

Dee and Josh are that happy couple. Very, very young, in love and now with a baby on the way. Until tragedy strikes.
Then Josh's best friend Adam steps up to the plate. Dee is beyond broken and pregnant. She has absentee parents and has spiraled into a depression so
Romance
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Adam and Dee. WOW!!!

Adam and Josh are in the band Wasted Circle. The band is up and coming and will be taking the world by storm. Then, the world as they know it stops and turns their lives upside down. A tragedy at one of the shows has left Dee, Josh's girlfriend, grieving the loss of the love of her life.

Dee is left pregnant and wondering what will become of her life. Adam, the best friend and protector, steps in to help Dee grieve and wills step in to make sure she is well and gets through t
Becca
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to be honest. This book gives you the one two punch from the start. It starts with apprehension, then joy and then BAM. What the heck just happened? This book will give you the run for your money on the emotional side. As I was reading, I was going back and forth with my friend who had previously read it. Could I go on? My heart hurt for Dee, Josh and Adam. And then there is AMBER...who I seriously wanted to hunt down!

But in the end the emotions help you "get" the story and how brave b
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars!

This review may contain spoilers.
Dee finally feels like she had her life figured out after growing up with absentee parents. She is in love with Josh, a band member of Wasted Circle, pregnant, and planning her wedding when tragedy strikes. Josh's band is just about to go on their first tour and planning his future with Dee.

During the first big Wasted Circle concert on the beach, the stage collapsed and Dee is left alone. This book is emotionally gripping right from the start. Thin
K.A. Graham
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Who is Yessi Smith? Well she’s an author you need to know about! My first taste of her awesomeness was from her first book, Life’s A Capella, which was amazing and beautifully heart felt. I loved it to pieces and wanted more from her and my wish came true with Love, Always. This story has it all…undying love, heartache, triumph over tragedy, and take your breath away emotion.

Adam is a man with many internal flaws, and carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. He feels the need to protec
Mary Johnson
Shelves: my-favs
Yessi has done it again!

Why do I love this book? It’s real. There is laughter,heartache (which as you know our sadistic author loves) and real life struggles. Dee and Adam are flawed, confused and heartbroken but the bond and the love they have for each other is so special. Dee is one of my favorite female characters, probably because I see a lot of myself in her. Adam is just….hold on while I swoon… *le sigh*… #TeamAdamForever. He has been added to my top book boyfriends. There isn’t much I ca
Sarah Ratliff
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Yessi! I went in knowing nothing about the book honestly and could not put it down. I loved it from beginning to end, even had a few laugh out loud moments and WTH?!? moments too. You will mourn for the loss of Josh and fall in love with Adam so easily. Great book all around!
Carmen Reyes
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this story, it will make you laugh, cry, and cry some more, I guarantee you will fall in love with Adam, the hot rocker, who has been carrying around a lot of guilt since he was 6. and Dee a girl who's parents ignored her since birth in order to travel the world. 2 broken people. a beautiful love story.
Jenn Green
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The only promise we have is today, you and I know that better than anyone.”

★✩★✩★ 5+++ Heart-Breaking, Gut wrenching, & Hope Filled -Stars

~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“He's not gone! He's not dead!” I yell at them as my body shakes in terror. He can't be gone. He can't be dead. “He wants to live,” I beg them.
Adam holds me tightly to his chest as I listen to a stranger whose voice will forever be embedded in my brain pronounce him dead.

Dee is finally at a point in her life where s
Bookworm Betties
“The only promise we have is today, you and I know that better than anyone.”

★✩★✩★ 5+++ Heart-Breaking, Gut wrenching, & Hope Filled -Stars

Print Length: 209 pages
Format: Kindle eARC
Via tour host
Overall Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

I have to say the first couple chapters of this book were just heartbreaking, I cried those big ugly tears. I was like what the hell Yessi? You’re killing me here. But if you have read a book by Yessi Smith before you know that behind every tragedy, as hard as it may be to see right away, that you will still
Books Laid Bare
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well if there is ever a story that will tug at your heart strings then this is it.
It will suck the breath from your lungs and drain you of every emotion with the intensity of feeling that flows from every page. And then it will stroke your back gentle as it puts the pieces of your heart back together. I found myself with a tear almost permanently trickling down my face for much of this book and I can honestly say it did not bother me one little bit, because this book was worthy of my tears.
This
Candi-
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OH MMMM GEEE!!! I will just warn you now....Grab those tissues and be ready to cry, cry, cry, laugh and fall in love!! My emotions were going crazy but I loved every minute of it and never wanted the book to end!! There are moments where your heart will be breaking and you just want to hug Dee and Adam and then there are moments where you will want to shake them and tell them to wake up!!

Dee and Josh are on top of the world after finding out they are expecting their first child and get engaged b
Stephanie Marshall
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When you read this book you will want to have your Kleenex’s close by, it is a tug at your heart strings kind of book, with some laugh out loud moments included.
Throughout the book we get to meet Adam. Adam is the lead singer to Wasted Circle, a band that he and his best friend Josh started in High school. Dee describes Adam as: ‘sweet sturdy Adam with his light brown hair and natural highlights.” There band is just getting ready to start their tour, until tragedy strikes and sets another plan
Kimothy
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok, i am so lucky to have been able to review this book, i must admit it is not the type of book i would usually go for but the blurb intrigued me greatly. I am not a person who will give the story away in my review i will just give my thoughts as i do not want to ruin this book for you one bit it is that amazing. From Adam's prologue i was captured, it was heartbreaking i did not know where this story could go, but go it did at break neck speed. I felt for Dee from the moment we are introduced ...more
Amanda
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
☆ I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. ☆

This is the first book I have read by Yessi Smith and it will definitely not be the last. Yessi wrote this book in a way you just couldn’t help but experience the emotions the characters were feeling. It was an emotional roller-coaster like I’ve never felt before while reading.

Dee has had a tough past. Her parents give a whole new outlook on bad neglectful parents. They are constantly traveling and never believed her when s
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This story will tug at your heart. When I read the Synopsis for this book, I was not sure if I wanted to read it. I felt it was going to be a tear jerker. It tells you from the beginning:

During Wasted Circle’s first big show, tragedy strikes leaving Dee alone. The life she and Josh planned for ends up being nothing but desolate promises.

I didn't want to put myself through the crying and the sadness. But, I don’t like to give up on a book; especially without giving it a chance. I am so glad I r
Brianna Maddox
I received a finished copy in exchange for an honest review from the author. It does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Full Review on Brianna's Bookish Confessions.

Who doesn’t love a good emotional and a crazy roller coaster type of book?!

Dee has always had a rough life until meeting Josh. They were meant for each other. Josh is part of a band called Wasted Circle, and Dee and Josh’s best friend, Adam is part of that band. Dee has just found out that she is pregnant.
Naughty Mom Story Time
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love, Always was quite an emotional roller coaster. Yessi Smith tells us a wonderful story two characters (Dee and Adam) as they experience the horrible loss of a first love and best friend (Josh). She goes into great detail of how profoundly lost Dee is after losing her love and the father of her child while Adam does everything he can till fill the void and strip up to honor his best friend.

Dee at times frustrated me. Her character had a tendency to be quite selfish in her grief but it was un
Michelle Schroer
I loved this book!! Every minute, every page, every word! Just brilliant. It was gut-wrenching, thought provoking, heart aching and was really emotionally draining to read. In the best possible way!

Here's the rundown... Dee is pregnant. Josh is the father. Adam is the best friend to Josh. And Adam is the lead singer in the band he and Josh share. In a very tragic turn of events, they lose Josh. Now we have the grieving pregnant girlfriend and best friend to sort it out all out...together.

The bo
Neeny Boucher
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I'm a massive fan of Yessi Smith's writing. I loved "Life's A Cappella" it was one of my favourite reads this year. Yet again, Yessi delivers in "Love, Always". One of the things I admire about Yessi's writing is that she is unafraid to tackle difficult subject matters and shine a light on topics that make us uncomfortable.

Essentially, this is a story about grief and courage. It's about how people cope with tragedy and it was nice to read a work where the topic is explored in
Heather Way
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book started off with Dee telling Josh she was pregnant then something bad happen and Josh died and no long around. Dee falling in a deep depression and Adam (Josh's best friend) trying to help her through it the best he knows how. Adam was suppose to go on tour but now he has postponed it trying to help Dee through losing Josh.
Dee is battling with depression even after having her daughter. She can't cope with her life like she needs too. So she admits herself into the hospital for help. D
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Love, Always is a great read. I read the A Cappella series and love it so, when I saw another book by Yessi Smith had come out I knew I had to read it. This book is not part of the A Cappella series. At first I thought it was part of the series but it's not.

Love, Always is a crazy emotional roller coaster of a read. It sucks you right in with some of Adam's past. Then we get some of Josh and Dee. Wow Josh ad Dee seem perfect for each other then a tragic happens leaving Dee pregnant and alone. S
Jennifer Wyk
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yessi Smith is a genius. Honestly. This book was so wow for me that I felt just in awe for days after the honor of reading this.

First can I just say that this is very different from so many books I've read lately. There's no insta-love, no just falling all over one another at every turn, the characters love built up over time and what it was built upon was something raw, real and gritty. It was so refreshing to see real life experiences, heart ache and situations that happen in real life.

Adam i
Amy Rogers
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First, I just have to say how amazing the cover of this book is! It is totally how I would envision Adam. One of my favorite covers that I could stare at all day! When I first starting reading this book I honestly didn't know what to think because so much sadness happens so quickly. I didn't have time to process one thing when another thing happens but isn't that life? You get thrown into situations that you don't see coming and often don't know how to deal with it. Life isn't always happy or ma ...more
Heather
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to give this 5 stars as there are several parts of this that made me cry and get emotional as I was caught up in the story.

This involves 3 friends, Dee, Josh, Adam. Adam loves Dee but can't have her as she is dating his best friend, Josh, until a tragic accident happens where he steps up to be the father of Dee's child. Dee love Josh and does not know that Adam loves her.

Adam realizes quickly in the beginning after losing Josh that Dee is not taking it well and shuts down. He steps u
Tracy Reads
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thank you yessi for this wonderful gift of your book, I cried ,I smiled and I cried again over and over, I have made Adam my new book boyfriend he is an absolute sweetheart in every sense of the word, he is what all girls consider their book boyfriends to be, I loved Dee's strength even at times there was no hope she tried and fought to see the light, I didn't like Amber what a bitch she reminds me of the snarly girls you come across and want to scratch their eyes outta their heads. This rollerc ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this for an honest review. This is the first book I have read of Yessi Smith and I have to say that I absolutely thought this book was wonderful!!
Dee has just found out she is pregnant and tells her boyfriend Josh and both are excited at the news and then the unthinkable happens he is killed in an accident. Adam has been best friends with Dee and Josh for years and has been secretly in love with Dee. This is Adam and Dees story. This story was wonderful because it deals with issues l
For the Love of Books
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had heard really great things about this author and this book, and OMG I certainly was not disappointed. This story is all about love and loss, strength and sensitivity and above all friendship. Dee and Josh are just at the start of their lives together when tragedy strikes. Adam is there to be a friend to Dee and to help her through the dark days. But is he enough, can Dee get through? Adam fears that Dee only wants him because he was Josh's friend, but we can tell before either of them admit ...more
Renee Entress
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
This story will take you through a wide range of emotions from laughter to tears and everything in between. You will want to smack the characters and in the next minute hug then and help them all heal.

This story is tragic and heartbreaking. Twists and turns that you will not expect. Loved grew to love both characters in their own way.

I did re-read chapters as I felt I missed something so don’t speed through make sure to take your time so you don’t miss all the little items that are revealed.

C

• Rocked by the Billionaire (Billionaire's Club: Texas, #3)
  • Rock Angel
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • Violet Addiction
  • Rogue: Rebel Part II (Bad Blooded Rebel, #1)
  • Breaking Storm (His to Claim, #5)
  • Stand (Black Addiction #3)
  • All Night Long (Black Halo, #1)
  • Happily Ever After: Billionaires in Disguise: Flicka (Runaway Princess, #5)
  • Strumming Me
  • Before He Was Famous (Starstruck, #1)
  • Strip Back (Naked Nights, #0.5)
  • Finding Sadie: A Prequel (Los Rancheros, #3)
  • Rocked By Him
  • To Cherish and To Hold (Love of a Rockstar 1.5)
  • Forsaken (The Found, #2)
  • Wrong for You (Before You, #3)
  • Marked by Hades (Bound by Hades, #2)
Yessi Smith is a South Florida girl living in Texas with her husband and two sons.

She has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and a Master’s in Human Resource Management and has held several jobs, from picking up dog poop to upper management positions. And now she hopes to leave the business world behind so she can live full time in a world that does not exist until she places her fingers o