Start by marking “Unbearable (Russet Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbearable (Russet Falls, #1)

Unbearable (Russet Falls #1)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  25 reviews
What’s a girl to do when she finds herself face to face with a ferocious bear in the middle of the forest?

Gabby never should’ve stumbled off the beaten path but hind sight is…well. And no to mention—She. Hates. Bears.

Thank god for Zane, a super sexy park ranger who just happens to be on patrol and comes to Gabby’s rescue. The two immediately butt heads but Gabby can’t co
ebook, 1st Edition, 449 pages
Published July 19th 2014 by Hearts Collective Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unbearable, please sign up.

Joshua Distance
Haven't read it but it sounds like the worst piece of shit ever created

Hahahhahahhahahahhah. I never read this book, but its synopsis has to be the funniest thing ever. Is this for Real?
Gabby hates bears, in fact if it wasn't for a bear killing her father her life would be quite different. Instead of a dead beat drunk mom, she would have had a family filled with love. Having sacrificed to give her sister some stability in life, Gabby needs to burn off some pent up tension deciding to take a hike in the woods. She never expected to be attacked by a bear or saved by Park Ranger Zane.

Zane doesn't know what it is about Gabby but everytime she is in her presence he ends up kissing
W. H. Vega once again masters the difficult genre of Paranormal-standalone-thriller-romance-novel.

Warning - the book opens with an INTENSE bear attack scene. Spoiler, things work out (in a great way) but you might be turned off by how frightening some of the descriptions were. Having been face-to-face with bears in the woods of Appalachia, my heart raced with fear as Vega described the bear attack. Don't worry - because our heroin is rescued and by none other than the super-hunk of a park range
Tonya Boutwell Hauser
Gabby and Lucy grew up without their father and a drunk for a mother. Their father hid from them that he was a shifter. They can't shift but they have the bloodline in them. This makes them wanted by their father's clan.

Zane is from another clan. Zane save Gabby several times from her father's clan. Zane and Gabby are mates but the past keeps them from each other. Zane has regrets and Gabby can't forgive.

This is the first book I read by W.H. Vega. I really liked and hope this is a series. I fell
Jan 10, 2015 Jillian rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jillian by: Jaclyn
Shelves: kindle
You know what? Honestly one of the better romance novels I have read. I would give it 2.5 stars if the system allowed. Fast paced, well written (for the genre) and interesting.

One of the things that bothered me the most, and resulted in a lower rating, was the "forced consensual sex". When your character is thinking things like "my mind is screaming no and I try to push him away but my body is screaming yes and won't let me" it gets a little weird. I totally understand the romance genre dynamic
The BookChick
This one was about a 2 1/2 read for me. It felt very melodramatic and the female protagonist, Gabby, just was not very likable. I understand that life hadn't been kind to her but she was moody and irritable right up to the very end where her acquiescence to accept Zane felt like a rush to the finish. There was no finesse about it. After all the vacillating and mixed signals and pack strife she just "chose" Zane one page before the end of the story. The ending was anticlimactic but the climax of ...more

Gabby is terrified of bears. Her father instilled the fear of bears into her at a young age, and then was killed by a bear. One day while hiking in the woods, she is chased by a bear, but is saved by a park ranger, Zane. Little does she know that Zane is a bear shifter, and so was her father. Zane ends up saving her from another attack by a shifter in human form. So, for her own protection they bring her to live with the clan.

I never connected with either characters. Zane acts muc
One star for the awesome synopsis.
Jon Jonsson
The Park Ranger was like, such a beefcake, but then I noticed that he was the King of the Virtus bear-shifters and that made Gabby feel not only feel-good emotions towards the Park Ranger, but also scared emotions... Which emotions would win out in the end?? Oh my God, I don't know! Let's just say that if I was Gabby, my emotions would allow me to be taken by the Park Ranger, but not controlled by him... at least not until he gave up shape-shifting into a bear!

Forever bickering leads

Forever bickering leads

This was a great story for the most part, but the always battling leads got to me. There were a lot of great new elements to shifter myth, wish the Kings were explored more.

Gabby is so itchy to Zane, I have no idea why he kept trying. I anticipate tons of angry sex in their future. I will give it t o the author for delivering on some grumpy bears.

The smexy scene was hot but not nearly enough bedroom time throughout the book to really classify it as
Good story but....

Worst ending ever! After everything that happens, when love is finally admitted, the book just ends. Very disappointed although the story itself is a good read.
Theresa Baker
Loved the storyline behind this book. Wasn't sure how the author was going to pull off getting Gabby to forgive Zane for killing her father but the authorised an amazing job. Loved the book. Can't wait to read the next one.
read it cause I love shifter books. Was interested in this one, sounds interested.
Not sure I liked the writing style, it needs help.
The bickering between the two mc's was just over the top. The main lead was just a bitch about everything and to everyone. She needs help as well.
This was almost a dnf for me. But I was intrigued and wanted to see where it ended. So I pushed through it. I would have like it better if the bitchiness and the bickering would have stopped ALONG time ago. I thought t
Cheryl Duval
Love, hate, violence, secrets, intrigue.....everything I love about a book! This was a wonderful story with great characters and a very interesting plot.
I like the bickering between the leads and felt it was more realistic then most responses to awareness of a new shifter world. I always thought it was ridiculous how characters came around to this paradigm shift in a few hours. I did think the ending was a rush job and needed more expanding.
We got a slow beginning and I waited and waited for something to happen. Finally something did happen but it was exasperating and I wished that the author would get over the whole Zane thing. I mean geez he did something terrible either let him go or get over it. I couldn't wait for it to be over even though you knew what was going to happen. There were so many things that the heroine did wrong and I was pissed that she gave up like she was to defeated to fight any longer. Overall the plot was g ...more
Mylynh Nguyen
Really only stayed for the sex
Stephanie Patel
awesome book i hope there will be more soon
Mike Donohue
It was tough to claw myself away from this one. The only I time I pawsed reading it was when the tension became too much to bear. I thought for sure I knew everything there was to know about werebear romantic fiction, that I had been bear, and done that. I was so glad to be wrong! 5 freshly caught river salmon out of 5.
Anna Ghirardelli
It was good.
Unbearable is a good quick read. There is a bit of mystery and action to help keep the pages turning.
Patti Ashley
Fun read

I enjoyed this book though Gabby really needed to get over herself. The plot of the cubs dying and the bear king were good, but they were not given enough time and detail.
Read it because the synopsis was the dumbest thing I'd ever read. Wasn't disappointed.
Vinni Dalpiccol
I guess I have a quota of one really, really terrible book per year.
Crystal Goodell
Crystal Goodell marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Selena marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
  • Wolf Curves (Wolf Clan, #1)
  • Sweet Surrender (Curvy Girls)
  • Table for Three
  • Theirs (The Bears, #1)
  • Return To The Bear (Bear Valley Shifters, #3)
  • Hers to Bear (Animal in Me, #1)
  • Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My!
  • Bear's Gold (Erotic Shifter Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Laid Bear (Laid Bear, #1)
  • Bearly Breathing (Jamesburg Shifters, #4)
  • Lucien's Mate (Soul Mates #1)
  • Bared for Her Bear (Wylde Bears #1)
  • Nightshift
  • Jingle Bear (North Pole, #1)
  • The Alpha's Pack (The Stonewall Pack Alpha Series, #1)
  • Savage Need (Temple of Luna, #2)
  • The Pretend Marriage (Werewolf Romance, #1)
  • Her Alpha Lovers: Part Two
W.H. Vega gave up her career of educating small minds so she could stay home with her children and write the spicy romance novels she always loved to read. When she isn’t writing, she loves spending time with her precocious toddler, traveling the world with her husband, having a glass of wine with her girlfriends and indulging in online shopping. W.H. Vega grew up in Baltimore, but now resides in ...more
More about W.H. Vega...

Russet Falls (2 books)
  • Bearly Enough (Russet Falls, #2)