Start by marking “Unbearable (Russet Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbearable (Russet Falls, #1)

Unbearable (Russet Falls #1)

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  176 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews

Gabby never should’ve stumbled off the beaten path but hind sight is…well. And no to mention—She. Hates. Bears.

ebook, 1st Edition, 449 pages
Published July 19th 2014 by Hearts Collective Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unbearable, please sign up.

Greg Unless the bear was really enjoying it, I think Zane would need to keep a firm hold of the bear's hips for that to occur. Then again, Zane is probably…moreUnless the bear was really enjoying it, I think Zane would need to keep a firm hold of the bear's hips for that to occur. Then again, Zane is probably huge, if you know what I mean. (less)

Joshua Distance
Aug 22, 2014 Joshua Distance rated it did not like it
Haven't read it but it sounds like the worst piece of shit ever created

10/10
Salparadise7
Aug 22, 2014 Salparadise7 rated it it was amazing
Hahahhahahhahahahhah. I never read this book, but its synopsis has to be the funniest thing ever. Is this for Real?
Alban
Aug 05, 2016 Alban rated it did not like it
W. H. Vega once again masters the difficult genre of Paranormal-standalone-thriller-romance-novel.

Warning - the book opens with an INTENSE bear attack scene. Spoiler, things work out (in a great way) but you might be turned off by how frightening some of the descriptions were. Having been face-to-face with bears in the woods of Appalachia, my heart raced with fear as Vega described the bear attack. Don't worry - because our heroin is rescued and by none other than the super-hunk of a park range
Emily
Gabby hates bears, in fact if it wasn't for a bear killing her father her life would be quite different. Instead of a dead beat drunk mom, she would have had a family filled with love. Having sacrificed to give her sister some stability in life, Gabby needs to burn off some pent up tension deciding to take a hike in the woods. She never expected to be attacked by a bear or saved by Park Ranger Zane.

Zane doesn't know what it is about Gabby but everytime she is in her presence he ends up kissing
Tonya Boutwell Hauser
Jul 22, 2014 Tonya Boutwell Hauser rated it it was amazing
Gabby and Lucy grew up without their father and a drunk for a mother. Their father hid from them that he was a shifter. They can't shift but they have the bloodline in them. This makes them wanted by their father's clan.

Zane is from another clan. Zane save Gabby several times from her father's clan. Zane and Gabby are mates but the past keeps them from each other. Zane has regrets and Gabby can't forgive.

This is the first book I read by W.H. Vega. I really liked and hope this is a series. I fell
Jillian
Jan 10, 2015 Jillian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jillian by: Jaclyn
Shelves: kindle
You know what? Honestly one of the better romance novels I have read. I would give it 2.5 stars if the system allowed. Fast paced, well written (for the genre) and interesting.

One of the things that bothered me the most, and resulted in a lower rating, was the "forced consensual sex". When your character is thinking things like "my mind is screaming no and I try to push him away but my body is screaming yes and won't let me" it gets a little weird. I totally understand the romance genre dynamic
The BookChick
This one was about a 2 1/2 read for me. It felt very melodramatic and the female protagonist, Gabby, just was not very likable. I understand that life hadn't been kind to her but she was moody and irritable right up to the very end where her acquiescence to accept Zane felt like a rush to the finish. There was no finesse about it. After all the vacillating and mixed signals and pack strife she just "chose" Zane one page before the end of the story. The ending was anticlimactic but the climax of ...more
Lauren
Sep 20, 2014 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOTHING SPECIAL

Gabby is terrified of bears. Her father instilled the fear of bears into her at a young age, and then was killed by a bear. One day while hiking in the woods, she is chased by a bear, but is saved by a park ranger, Zane. Little does she know that Zane is a bear shifter, and so was her father. Zane ends up saving her from another attack by a shifter in human form. So, for her own protection they bring her to live with the clan.

I never connected with either characters. Zane acts muc
Greg
Aug 02, 2016 Greg rated it it was amazing
Read this and tell me you aren't going to pick it up tonight:

"What’s a girl to do when she finds herself face to face with a ferocious bear in the middle of the forest?

Thank god for Zane, a super sexy park ranger who just happens to be on patrol and comes to Gabby’s rescue. The two immediately butt heads but Gabby can’t control the overwhelming urge to let him take what he wants—and h
Lena
Sep 05, 2014 Lena rated it did not like it
Shelves: shifters
One star for the awesome synopsis.
Jon Jonsson
Aug 22, 2014 Jon Jonsson rated it it was amazing
The Park Ranger was like, such a beefcake, but then I noticed that he was the King of the Virtus bear-shifters and that made Gabby feel not only feel-good emotions towards the Park Ranger, but also scared emotions... Which emotions would win out in the end?? Oh my God, I don't know! Let's just say that if I was Gabby, my emotions would allow me to be taken by the Park Ranger, but not controlled by him... at least not until he gave up shape-shifting into a bear!

A+++++!!!
April
Forever bickering leads

Forever bickering leads

This was a great story for the most part, but the always battling leads got to me. There were a lot of great new elements to shifter myth, wish the Kings were explored more.

Gabby is so itchy to Zane, I have no idea why he kept trying. I anticipate tons of angry sex in their future. I will give it t o the author for delivering on some grumpy bears.

The smexy scene was hot but not nearly enough bedroom time throughout the book to really classify it as
Tina
Feb 20, 2015 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story but....

Worst ending ever! After everything that happens, when love is finally admitted, the book just ends. Very disappointed although the story itself is a good read.
Theresa Baker
Jan 28, 2015 Theresa Baker rated it it was amazing
Loved the storyline behind this book. Wasn't sure how the author was going to pull off getting Gabby to forgive Zane for killing her father but the authorised an amazing job. Loved the book. Can't wait to read the next one.
Heather
WOW
read it cause I love shifter books. Was interested in this one, sounds interested.
Not sure I liked the writing style, it needs help.
The bickering between the two mc's was just over the top. The main lead was just a bitch about everything and to everyone. She needs help as well.
This was almost a dnf for me. But I was intrigued and wanted to see where it ended. So I pushed through it. I would have like it better if the bitchiness and the bickering would have stopped ALONG time ago. I thought t
Cheryl Duval
Mar 29, 2015 Cheryl Duval rated it it was amazing
Love, hate, violence, secrets, intrigue.....everything I love about a book! This was a wonderful story with great characters and a very interesting plot.
Jeanette
Sep 25, 2014 Jeanette rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I like the bickering between the leads and felt it was more realistic then most responses to awareness of a new shifter world. I always thought it was ridiculous how characters came around to this paradigm shift in a few hours. I did think the ending was a rush job and needed more expanding.
Mylynh Nguyen
Aug 22, 2014 Mylynh Nguyen rated it it was ok
Really only stayed for the sex
Dena
We got a slow beginning and I waited and waited for something to happen. Finally something did happen but it was exasperating and I wished that the author would get over the whole Zane thing. I mean geez he did something terrible either let him go or get over it. I couldn't wait for it to be over even though you knew what was going to happen. There were so many things that the heroine did wrong and I was pissed that she gave up like she was to defeated to fight any longer. Overall the plot was g ...more
Stephanie Patel
awesome book i hope there will be more soon
Mike Donohue
Dec 12, 2014 Mike Donohue rated it it was amazing
It was tough to claw myself away from this one. The only I time I pawsed reading it was when the tension became too much to bear. I thought for sure I knew everything there was to know about werebear romantic fiction, that I had been bear, and done that. I was so glad to be wrong! 5 freshly caught river salmon out of 5.
Anna Ghirardelli
Sep 12, 2014 Anna Ghirardelli rated it it was amazing
It was good.
Tawnya
Sep 08, 2014 Tawnya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unbearable is a good quick read. There is a bit of mystery and action to help keep the pages turning.
Patti Ashley
Feb 23, 2015 Patti Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Fun read

I enjoyed this book though Gabby really needed to get over herself. The plot of the cubs dying and the bear king were good, but they were not given enough time and detail.
Jen
Dec 16, 2014 Jen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Read it because the synopsis was the dumbest thing I'd ever read. Wasn't disappointed.
Vinni Dalpiccol
May 21, 2015 Vinni Dalpiccol rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
I guess I have a quota of one really, really terrible book per year.
Carrie
Carrie added it
Aug 28, 2016
Mish
Mish marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Lisa Caplinger roth
Lisa Caplinger roth is currently reading it
Aug 23, 2016
  • Table for Three
  • Sweet Surrender (Curvy Girls)
  • Wolf Curves (Wolf Clan, #1)
  • Theirs (The Bears, #1)
  • An Unexpected Affair (Scottish Werebear, #1)
  • Hers to Bear (Animal in Me, #1)
  • Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My!
  • Return To The Bear (Bear Valley Shifters, #3)
  • Bear's Gold (Erotic Shifter Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Laid Bear (Laid Bear, #1)
  • Bearly Breathing (Jamesburg Shifters, #4)
  • Lucien's Mate (Soul Mates #1)
  • Her Alpha Lovers, Part Two
  • Her Royal Masquerade (Her Royal Romance, #1)
  • A Mail Order Bride for Grant (The Carson Brothers of Kansas, #4)
  • Between Two Wolves and a Hard Place (Honeycomb Falls, #4)
  • Her Tiger Billionaire (Supernatural Billionaire Mates, #2)
  • Tag and Release (Liberty Springs, Wyoming 3)
W.H. Vega gave up her career of educating small minds so she could stay home with her children and write the spicy romance novels she always loved to read. When she isn’t writing, she loves spending time with her precocious toddler, traveling the world with her husband, having a glass of wine with her girlfriends and indulging in online shopping. W.H. Vega grew up in Baltimore, but now resides in ...more
More about W.H. Vega...

Russet Falls (2 books)
  • Bearly Enough (Russet Falls, #2)