Start by marking “The Tax & Legal Playbook: Game-Changing Solutions To Your Small-Business Questions” as Want to Read:

Attorney and CPA Mark Kohler targets the leading tax and business issues among small business owners and delivers a practical guide to the fundamental tax and legal conflicts faced by new and established entrepreneurs. Coached by Kohler, business owners are armed to seek out the right professionals relevant to their concerns, confidently ask the right questions, and, ultim ...more
Published April 28th 2015 by Entrepreneur Press (first published April 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Tax & Legal Playbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tax & Legal Playbook

Felicia
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Disclosure: This book was a Goodreads giveaway.

It is a fantastic resourse for entrepreneurs and non-entreprenuers alike. It provides valuable advise on tax planning and inorporating a business.
Garland Trice
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know much about where to start around starting a biz, sound tax strategies, etc. After reading this, I'm no pro, but I can at least ask decent questions when I start making moves on the topics covered in this book. I'm sure I'll be referring back to it in the future as my career progresses towards retirement and as I begin to form my own biz. 5 stars simply because I learned a ton, the format kept things interesting, and each topic was covered with just the right amount of depth.
Jay Roberts, CFP®, CRPC ®
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business, taxes
Pretty good read. Informative, good tips and real life examples. While I knew about almost everything he talked about, I picked up a trick or two I can use. The only issue I had was that the basis rules for S Corps weren't fleshed out as much as they should have been... that can lead to a loss of deductions. I would recommend someone start with the LLC then move over to the S Corp once they're past their initial start up expenses.
Mike
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are a small business owner and want a great resource that is easy to consume that provides good insight on tax and legally issues, pick this book up. It's the best treatment I have seen to far on what, when, and why on which entity type to utilize.
Dan
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Somehow felt like I understood taxes while reading this, despite my being a creative with no math-type skills of any kind.
Phillip
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend for anyone who is a small business owner.
Eugene Balleta
Nov 04, 2018
Vicki
Mar 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• How to Make Money Using Etsy: A Guide to the Online Marketplace for Crafts and Handmade Products
  • Starting an Etsy Business for Dummies
  • Crafty Superstar: Make Crafts on the Side, Earn Extra Cash, and Basically Have It All
  • Grow Your Handmade Business: How to Envision, Develop, and Sustain a Successful Creative Business
  • How to Think About Money
  • Knit to Flatter: The Only Instructions You'll Ever Need to Knit Sweaters That Make You Look Good and Feel Great!
  • Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn
  • Understanding Options
  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
  • Design-It-Yourself Clothes: Patternmaking Simplified
  • Tax-Free Wealth: How to Build Massive Wealth by Permanently Lowering Your Taxes
  • The Hands-On Home: A Seasonal Guide to Cooking, Preserving & Natural Homekeeping
  • Trailer Life: True Tales of a 7 Year RV Adventure
  • My Purple Toes
  • Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, ACT, Relate
  • Embroidery Companion: Classic Designs for Modern Living