Start by marking “The Lost Marble Notebook of Forgotten Girl Random Boy” as Want to Read:
The Lost Marble Notebook of Forgotten Girl  Random Boy

The Lost Marble Notebook of Forgotten Girl Random Boy

If I let you read mine, will you let me read yours?

Forgotten Girl, a fifteen-year-old poet, is going through the most difficult time of her life—the breakup of her parents, and her mom’s resulting depression—when she meets Random Boy, a hot guy who, like her, feels like an outcast and secretly writes poetry to deal with everything going on in his life.

In The Lost Marble No
Published April 7th 2015 by Sky Pony

Red Queen by Victoria AveyardAn Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa TahirAll the Bright Places by Jennifer NivenMy Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine WargaThe Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
YA Debuts 2015
441 books — 3,382 voters
Crank by Ellen HopkinsIdentical by Ellen HopkinsI Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa SchroederBurned by Ellen HopkinsImpulse by Ellen Hopkins
YA Novels in Verse
253 books — 279 voters

More lists with this book...

Karen
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is a book that will create at least 100 new quotes on Goodreads. Words from every page--maybe every sentence--belong on a t-shirt, bumper sticker, or graffitied on a wall for the world to see. Seriously, tattoo shops should start a Lost Marble Notebook selection now to prepare for the rush of readers saying, "I need this stanza to be a permanent part of me."

Beautiful, gritty, and absolutely brilliant. It's a must read. Def add it to your shelf.
Kimberly Antill
Jun 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
Wow! I feel so misled by the description on the cover of this book. On the inside cover it said this was a "unique love story" and that's what I was expecting to read about. However there is nothing in this book between Forgotten Girl and Random Boy that even remotely resembles love. Nope! What this book is about is an abusive relationship. Random Boy is possessive, manipulative and abusive both mentally and physically. He is not loving. He is controlling. And I hope anyone who reads this book k ...more
☆Rachel☆~ Make me your stereo turn me up when u feel low this melody was ment for u so listen close to the radio~
Kelly
Put this one on the "YA for actual YA" list. A tough, gritty read about an abusive relationship -- abuse that begins verbally and mentally then turns physical. Unflinching and told through the verse of two unnamed main characters, teens will eat it up. Lots of quotable moments, too.

Quick, but memorable.
Hannah Comfybookchats
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gflibrary
Poetry format was good and had some deep writing. The characters Girl and Boy just pissed me off. Like, once it got violent I hated it. The photo boy made me have hope for the girl. But Boy is so screwed. I didn't feel hopeful at all when it was all said and done. Besides Boy and Girl, the characters were to flat to connect too.
I was majorly confused about POV for most of it. Not what I was going for, but the style was decent.
Kate Ormand
The journey of two teens searching for themselves and finding each other. A whirlwind read about love and heartbreak, company and jealousy. One to experience in a single sitting. Beautifully written.
Kayla
This was really good. Beautiful, frightening, and hopeful all in one. A very quick read and some incredibly beautiful poetry - many sections which hit me right in the feels. The kind of quotes you would put on your Nexopia profile if you were in high school back in 2007-2008.

The story is about the life of "Forgotten Girl", a 15 year old who is dealing with her dad leaving her and her mom and the resulting depression that her mom is going through. She doesn't really have friends and she spends a
Sandy
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
He was her Romeo. He heard her whistle from her upstairs window as he walked down the block, stopping he climbed upon her porch roof and made her visible again. Her parents shouting from below were drowned out as Random Boy invited her out into the night. Welcoming the attention, someone finally saw her again. His crowd was not what she was used to, for she was not used to any crowd, no friends were her surroundings. Random Boy stared at her; he just soaked her all in. Its funny how not much is ...more
Suze Lavender
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Forgotten Girl has problems at home. Her parents aren't getting along anymore and her father leaves her and her mother behind. Her mother's reaction is a heavy depression and Forgotten Girl is all alone. That's when she meets Random Boy. He knows what she's going through and he seems to understand her. He comes from a completely different background, but they have something in common, broken homes and poetry. They write in verse and allow each other to read this personal poetry. They show their ...more
Peach
I kinda went into this with higher expectations than normal, and I was heavily disappointed to lose interest so soon. I'm not saying it's bad, exactly. The concept is pretty cute. It's written like an Ellen Hopkins novel (i.e. Tilt), and words stream off the pages like harmonies, but it's just not for me. I've been saying that in my reviews a lot lately, but it's becoming truer than a summer sun.

Although, it's definitely well-written, nothing much about it blew me away. Forgotten Girl's paren
Eileen
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started reading 'The Lost Marble Notebook of Forgotten Girl and Random Boy' without really knowing what the book was about because who doesn't like being surprised. However, here, I wished I knew a little about the content of the book, besides its being a teenage love story. It was sweet, but also very violent. So I'd mark it with a red flag ('trigger warning') because abuse is a major factor in this book.

The way it was written was simply beautiful. I loved how the verses were written in both
Jenni V.
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Five star read. It didn't go at all like I expected but man, what a ride. I didn't always like it because it was difficult and heartbreaking but I loved its authenticity.

I read it in one sitting and then had to sit and let the emotions I'd absorbed dissipate before getting up and moving on.

I loved lines like:

"All this time
I've wante
Naomi
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was pretty blown away by this book. A young adult page-turner written in verse, about an intense relationship with an abusive boy. Jaskulka does a beautiful job of pulling you into the emotions of both of her narrators, and a lot of this resonated really hard with me. I'm glad it ended the way it did, too--I'm glad Girl did what she did.

(Basically my only complaint is that Peter X is kind of a shitty relationship prospect and I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be clear or not.)
Lisa
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. Lots of novels in verse are really just prose with line breaks--this one is not. It's pure poetry. And it's also impossible to put down. I can't even remember the last time I could honestly say that about a book of poems. This one's got All The Feels...intense, but beautifully written. I will definitely reread this book.
Kim
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This was a hauntingly beautiful story. The story is written in beautiful verse and tells the love story of two lost souls. I will admit that there were times I needed a break from the intensity of the story, but isn't all young love intense in different ways. I did sort of wish for more about the character of Peter X, but all in all a great story.
Catherine Kovach
Heartbreaking, gorgeous, and real, The Lost Marble Notebook captures the excitement and devastation of first love. The story of Forgotten Girl and Random Boy unfolds in a book of poetry, and reading it reminded me of the terrible angst of being a teenager. The words are beautiful, and the subject matter delves into some really dark territory, but I think it's an absolutely terrific read.
Brittany
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
The best Way I Would describe this would be, its about a young love and how they fall in and out of love. And How quietly it turns to hate
Nafiza
Aug 29, 2015 rated it liked it
This is beautifully written but cheating (even if it's just emotionally) aren't my favourites. It will appeal to those who read contemporary more than I do though.
Fiqa
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite
Poetry is not my thing.. But this book really captured my attention by its poetry style writing which is kinda weird and good at the same time.. It has lacking somewhere and should be filled up to a much more content but after all nothing is perfect.. Overall it was a unique way to express ideas through poetry.
Novel in verse about Forgotten Girl and her Random Boy. The two are able to find connection through their broken homes and begin a tumultuous relationship.

I was a quick exploration of dating violence.
Lauren Grace
May 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry-and-verse
Good by the end but a struggle to keep with it.
Maria Rosales
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read this a while back but this book, even after months of reading it still leaves a mark to remember.
Tina
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty depressing but I found myself wanting to read it until the end no matter what.
Monique Bolden
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wished there were more books like this one.
annelise creel
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book is not what you think
Sara Feidt
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Madero (Boricuan Bookworms)
Check out more of my reviews at Boricuan Bookworms

eBook Copy Provided by Author in Exchange of Honest and Unbiased Review

This book went from sweet to psycho in mere seconds! And I loved every second of it. I love when a character takes a sudden change of behavior and we see this with our two main characters, Random Boy and Forgotten Girl.

The poetry was a bit weird at first but the more I read the more I got into it and understand. Take it from someone who sucks hard at interpreting poetry mo
Carmel
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I had issues reading this book, but I wouldn't wanna spoil it. Maybe you would like this better than I do.
If you love books written in verse and want to read a love story from both the girl and guy, pick this up!
Brooke R. Busse
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I just sat down and read this book in one sitting. It was definitely not what I thought it was when I bought it. Originally, I thought it was a story about two high school kids who connected over poetry. I thought it would be cute. It was so much more than cute.

This book covers some hard topics. What to do when your parent is no longer a parent. What to do when someone you know is being abused. What to do when that someone starts abusing you. When they start abusing others.

I think the (view spoi
The Book Sale Scrounger
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it

This took an unexpected, pleasant turn. If by pleasant, I mean "went for the worst possible route for its characters and I loved it".

When a book opens as YA-ish as this one - girl standing on her balcony, calling over a boy she hasn't ever met before, boy scales her house and snaps some one liner - you expect it to be about young, "misunderstood" romance. And for a while, it is. The book jacket gives no indication of it going elsewhere. I have to believe that this is a coincidence decision on J
« previous 1 3 next »

• Counting Back From Nine
  • The Weight of the Sky
  • Nix Minus One
  • Silver People: Voices from the Panama Canal
  • Carter's Unfocused, One-Track Mind (Carter Finally Gets It, #3)
  • The Thing I Didn't Know I Didn't Know (Russel Middlebrook The Futon Years, #1)
  • Coaltown Jesus
  • Split Image
  • Purple Daze
  • American Ace
  • Seventeen and In-Between
  • By the River
  • Falling Hard (Roller Girls #1)
“I think when you’re the kind of person who feels she’s been forgotten, you don’t see everything— you forget yourself, too, and you certainly don’t notice the ones who remember you so quietly.” 1 likes
“It’s not like when we were little and everything was magic. Now, it seems like so few things in this life are awesome. The truest moments are scarce and instantaneously gone, so you should maybe try to appreciate them, not squash their fiery beauty into the ground like cigarette butts.” 1 likes