Start by marking “Ninja Bunny” as Want to Read:
Ninja Bunny

Ninja Bunny

A fresh, funny, and hip picture book about a little bunny who wants to be…a ninja!

How to be a SUPER AWESOME NINJA:
· Rule #1. You must always work alone.
· Rule #2. You must be super sneaky, especially in the most dangerous of situations.
· Rule #3. A super awesome ninja must: possess incredible strength, achieve invisibility, master the skill of climbing, gain the ability to
Published June 9th 2015 by Knopf BFYR

To ask other readers questions about Ninja Bunny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ninja Bunny

Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books

Ninja Bunny! I love it! Cute, cuddly, and deadly. “Hi-yah!”

Jennifer Gray Olson’s Ninja Bunny hops from one ninja rule to the next—strength, climbing, balance, and more. But Ninja Bunny learns the best and biggest lesson of them all when trouble comes his way.

Even ninjas need a little help from their friends.

Cute read. Pick it up at the Library.

Stephanie Ward
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
'Ninja Bunny' is a fun children's picture book that will leave readers of all ages wanting more! The story is about a bunny who wants to become a super awesome ninja. There just happens to be a book that tells you how to become one of these ninjas - along with ten rules that all ninjas have to follow. The book goes through each rule (for example, rule 4: A super awesome ninja must: achieve invisibility) on how one can become an awesome ninja. The rules are believable and fit in perfectly with th ...more
Vi (like the letter)
I thought Ninja Bunny was a very cute and fun book and I really enjoyed reading it to my girls. The concept is cute and I like that the book also has a lesson in it for the kids. The illustrations are adorable and funny, with characters such as a bunny dressed as a ninja and a very large bear. The way it was presented was very appealing to kids and gender neutral, which is always a plus. There were a lot of laughs and giggles while reading this, both from the kids and from me. I would totally re ...more
Heidi-Marie
Adorable. I look forward to trying this out in Preschool storytime. Lots of humor and a nice message at end. Cute pictures, too.

4/27/16 Possibly the favorite in N is for... preschool ST theme. The kids loved the pictures. I had them act out some of the ninja actions. And they loved seeing the bear run away. So good!

4/26/17 Used as closer for N theme. They loved it!
Jillian Heise
Super cute! My students are going to love this one. They loved Ninja last year, so this will be a hit.
Mompop
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
go to randomhousekids.com to learn your Awesome Ninja Bunny name!
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
The perfect picture book for your little Ninja. Ninja Bunny wants to be A Super Awesome Ninja. In order to achieve the Super Awesome status, Ninja Bunny follows a 10 step process He feels the best way to do this, is accomplishing things on his own. But when Ninja Bunny comes face to face with a big enemy, he realizes that sometimes even a Super Awesome Ninja needs a little help from their super awesome friends.

Ninja Bunny is a must have picture book. It's action packed with a great story, wonde
Rachel
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, 2015
Who doesn't like ninjas? Enter ninja bunnies, especially one spastic ninja bunny, to create a solid gold reading experience. Bright, comical illustrations assist in telling the story of one bunny who is determined to be a ninja. As he lays out the rules for ninja-ness, he begins to realize the necessity of having a few friends around. The only drawback for me is that the story seems to end rather abruptly. Perhaps this has to do with the construction of the book, for I turned the page expecting ...more
Dolly
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a silly story about an adventurous bunny who is reading a rule book on how to be a "Super Awesome Ninja". It's a fun, fast read and the illustrations are terrific. We enjoyed reading this book together.
Emma (Miss Print)
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it. Great picture book about valuing friends. And ninja skillz.
Niki (Daydream Reader)
A great book to use for team work and cooperation!
Jennifer Hendzlik
Jun 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
As a secret ninja, I appreciate this book. As someone who once lived on three acres with lots and lots of ninja bunnies I love this book. Hi-ya!

Lisa
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
this was cute and showed the point of the necessity of having friends
Aimee Dars
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Ninja Bunny isn’t like the other bunnies: he has ninja skills! The book presents these skills as a series of rules, rule 1 being ninjas work alone. The bunny must also achieve invisibility, balance, and stealth, and the humorous illustrations belie his progress and present the Ninja Bunny in silly situations that young readers will love. Ultimately, Ninja Bunny learns that to be a good ninja, he needs good friends.

This is a light read with a simple message about friendship filled with lots of ac
Alison Blythe
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Little Bunny wants to become a super ninja. There are 10 rules that Little Bunny must follow to become one. One day Little Bunny meets up with a large bear. There is one lesson that Little Bunny learns that is very important - that is having some super friends.

The book explores Little Bunny's experiences in learning each rule. The pictures use bright eye catching colors. The wording is great for children 3 to 7 and in grades Pre-K thru 2.

This book would be prefect for a lesson on friendship. It
Barbara
Determined to be a great ninja, a bunny follows all the rules to success. But he faces a little problem when he encounters a fierce bear and is expected to handle his adversary alone as ninjas tend to do. Wat a minute, he thinks. On second thought, he could use a little help from his friends. The simple text and illustrations, created with ink and watercolor, are humorous and deliver a good message that sometimes it's best not to try to go it alone. Having friends at your side or your back can b ...more
Wendy Greenley
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 3-5
The cover art charmed me. Olson captures a child-like spirit and stance in her bunnies that kept me turning pages. The pictures provide the humorous reality to the understated, sparse text that is a list of rules to follow in order to become a ninja. The plucky book-reading bunny totes his how-to tome across the pages and with the bunny covered head to toe in ninja garb, the emotion is conveyed with a skillful adjustment of bunny eyebrows!
I received a review copy from Random House/Knopf Books f
Read  Ribbet
I loved Ninja Bunny because it features a central character who uses reading to to learn how to be an awesome ninja. The book is formatted primarily as a list of rules which could position it as a good mentor text. But it's universal theme about the advantages of working together vs all alone also makes it a good read for classrooms in which that message is critical.
Liz Todd
Rules for becoming a ninja bunny.. And the importance of having friends. Could be a fun perspective on beginning of year rules/friendships.

Would also be a fun visualizing lesson (after ninja drawing lesson, of course). We could draw what we think is happening without looking at the pictures.. and then read again and see the author's vision.
Sara Grochowski
In Ninja Bunny, one little bunny is willing to do whatever it takes to become a super awesome ninja, even if that means going solo. But, after coming up against a big enemy, Ninja Bunny realizes that sometimes you need a little help from your friends - and that's okay too! Ninja Bunny is a perfect reminder that asking for help and needing your friends doesn't mean you're not super awesome.
Nanci Booher
Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for allowing me early access to this title (otherwise known as an ARC:-). A ninja bunny must exhibit superior strength, create ninja weapons and know how to escape...all alone. That is until the big bear comes and the ninja bunny discovers how great it is to have friends. A wonderfully illustrated book that I can't for to come out!
Juliana Lee
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
There 10 hard and fast rules on becoming a super awesome ninja. The first one being that one must work alone. Ninja bunny follows all the rules no matter how difficult, but when face-to-face with fierce opponent Ninja bunnies sees the value of rewriting rule number one.
Tina
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Bunnies. It must be bunnies. Okay, now that I've got that horridly needed quote out of the way . . . go ninjas! This is a super cute picture book that I can see being a huge hit in storytimes. The plot is easy to follow, and is joined with some super cute art that had me chuckling more than once. Ninja Bunny can count me as one of his/her friends!
Danna Smith
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Want to become a super ninja? There are rules of course and rule number one "you must always work alone." Bunny is willing to try to follow all of the rules (achieve invisibility, possess incredible strength, be super sneaky) until he comes upon a gigantic bear. But don't worry Bunny's friends have his back. A story about friendship and following your dreams you won't want to miss.
Jess
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z_15, picture-books
Super fun, especially the illustrations which are where the real laughs come from. I smiled from the moment I opened the book on. Nice little friends are important message without being heavy-handed. Short read that the kids are gonna love.

Angelina Justice
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Hi-yah! Love it! This book has great illustrations that encourage scrutiny and sound effects. The story told via rules of Super Awesome Ninjaness is funny and sweet by turns. The text itself changes from scene to scene, to complete rather than overcome or be lost among the illustrations.

Edith
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a picture book that is going to out cute all the other picture books. Your kid won't want to read anything else. Action packed and filled with adorable, you actually might not mind reading it a hundred times.
Karen
Perfect for Scaredy Squirrel fans!
*Received an e-galley from Edelweiss
Angie
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There seems to be a theme of ninja picture books being published recently. Personally, I like it! This book has sweet illustrations and a great message: even a ninja needs friends.
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-at-heart
You had me a Ninja Bunny!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Duncan, the Story Dragon
  • Fly!
  • There Was an Old Dragon Who Swallowed a Knight
  • Dojo Daycare
  • The Forever Garden
  • 88 Instruments
  • Just Itzy
  • Robot Zombie Frankenstein!
  • There's Nothing to Do!
  • My Pet Book
  • Ninja Baby
  • Toys Meet Snow: Being the Wintertime Adventures of a Curious Stuffed Buffalo, a Sensitive Plush Stingray, and a Book-loving Rubber Ball
  • Hermelin: The Detective Mouse
  • Red Knit Cap Girl and the Reading Tree
  • Bob and Flo
  • Poem-Mobiles: Crazy Car Poems
  • Secrets I Know
  • A Poem in Your Pocket
Illustrator. Author. Part-time Ninja.

Represented by Kerry Sparks of Levine Greenberg Rostan Literary Agency. http://lgrliterary.com/