Start by marking “Footsteps (Pagano Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Footsteps (Pagano Family, #1)

Footsteps

(Pagano Family #1)

Carlo Pagano Jr. is the eldest son of a large Italian-American family in Quiet Cove, Rhode Island. He’s a disappointment to his father but a hero to the young son he is raising alone, after his wife abandoned them.

Sabina Alonzo-Auberon is a beautiful Argentine native married to one of the most powerful and wealthy men in New England. Though James Auberon is highly esteemed
Published August 15th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Footsteps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Footsteps

Baba
2 Mob-Goes-Sapsville stars. DNF @71 %. Full review posted August 20, 2014

photo oie_WDSdKbxumqUg_zps917f880f.png

photo oie_EgUKBPTOc9n3_zps7c466c9e.gif

photo 76cb192d-313f-4529-bfd3-1a0ef7bb9071_zpsce0a3a3a.png

Footsteps started off promising but after my update at 20 % my interest petered out fast. Any storyline that includes the mob should be riveting, and I really expected something better, more thrilling…grittier maybe? However, I wouldn't have been surprised if a couple unicorns and rainbows had crawled out of my iPhone whilst reading Footsteps because, frankly, it was that cheesy and cotton candy sweet. I have enjoyed a few
Amy | Foxy Blogs

LOVED IT!! Susan Fanetti has created a new series with a big Italian-American family living in New England. The Pagano family consist of six grown children whose lives are all tightly knitted together.

Carlo is the eldest son and he's the responsible one among his siblings. His devotion to his son, Trey, made my heart melt. Trey may have been abandoned by his crazy mother but like any preschooler he adjusted well because of his Pagano family's love for him. TREY is the best child character I've
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Susan Fanetti Fans, Romance
5 Definition of Strength Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
Oh, where to start...First please read the blurb... it will give you the premise and you will be able to get the necessary understanding of what this tale is basically about. That being said... this is a story which presents to us so much... to address all of it will take me moment... and then I know I will miss things. So, please like I have advised before... if you want details or story breakdown, read all of the other wonderful reviews whi
TeriLyn
Susan Fanetti Fans! Irene and I featured this talented author today over at The Literary Gossip! Go "Back to Signal Bend" with us and learn more about the phenomenal woman who created this series!

Q&A with Isaac
Q&A with Susan Fanetti

My *spoiler-free* review of Footsteps:

5 Brilliant, Pagano Family Stars

If you’ve ventured on a Susan Fanetti journey before you know the excitement over the release of a new Susan Fanetti novel. You willingly open her books ready for an emotional trip. A trip
Ilze
HOLY. WOW. It was fantastic! I absolutely love-love-love-loved this book. It had everything I could possibly want in a book - heart warming romance, heart racing suspense and heart breaking situations. It kept me up till 4AM in the morning, because I just could not put it down. Once again Susan Fanetti delivered incredible book which you can't help but fall in love with.

description

Full review to follow.

Pre-reading thoughts
(view spoiler)
Kim Bailey
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kim by: Amy | Foxy Blogs
4.5 Stars

This book to me is all about the bonds of family. I adore the way Susan Fanetti writes family drama ... with so much love and devotion.

The pain expressed in this story was incredibly real.
Sabina is undoubtedly one of the strongest female characters I've read in a very long time. I admire her ability to see beyond her own torment ... and I like how Ms Fanetti portrays the time spent in an abusive marriage as a time of quiet strength vs. weakness.
Carlo's strength is his dedication to his
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
DNF at 78%

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I know, I hear you now..."You gave up at 78%? But you were almost done!" No, per my kindle, I had two more hours of reading left in the book....two hours I'll never get back if I chose to finish.

I'm really bummed to quit. Let me start by saying that Ms. Fanetti's Signal Bend series is bar none the best Motorcycle Club series I've read. This new series just really fell short for me. I think she excels at dark, more graphic storylines.

So, her other stuff was so awesome, were my expect
S.M. West
5 Misby STARS

This was a Buddy Read with the Canaries!

I’ve heard a lot of great things about Susan Fanetti and her MC series (even have the first book on my Kindle) but it was Footsteps, seemingly tamed compared to Signal Bend series that popped my Fanetti Cherry…OMG, I was not disappointed! What a splendid experience!

For me, this story was like falling in love with the raging and magical emotions, connecting with another so intimately and all the ups and downs of navigating the desire to love
Malene
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Susan Fanetti knows how to write strong heroines and with Footsteps she made me fall in love with Sabina. Wow. Talk about an evolution she went through. She’s been in hell for fifteen years and still has strength and determination to take care of herself so she can be the best and strongest for Carlo and most importantly herself.

Carlo and his son Trey pulled at my heartstrings. These two and the rest of the Pagano family gave exactly what Sabina needed. A family of her own. Carlo is a good man
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Misby” Stars

I love when a book gets you invested in an entire family. Footsteps is about Carlo Pagano Jr. and the unlikely married woman, Sabina Aubergon, that comes into his life. He’s a single father, has 2 grown sisters and 3 brothers, a widowed father, and 2 uncles in the mafia. They are all close, they are family and family supports and loves one another.

I love this author’s storytelling. I will tell you that the story is visual, emotional, eye opening, heartwarming and so very engaging
Elfina Renee
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Susan Fanetti did an amazing job with Footsteps. The approach and opening are mild and soft spoken compared to Signal Bend and the Night Horde SoCal. As the characters developed so did my emotions with them. Surrounded by a large family and united by a cause, this series will prove to be interesting. Happy reading!
Elizabeth
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Every once in a while a reader connects with an author's work in a way that leaves a lasting imprint. Such is the way I feel about Susan Fanetti's writing. When reading a Fanetti work, I become completely invested in the story. I can clearly visualize the setting, feel the emotions of the characters, and empathize with their situations. Although nothing can match the love I have for the Signal Bend series, Pagano Family is one series that I simply must explore!

description

The series begins with Footsteps.
FMABookReviews
5 Shark Chompin' Stars!

❤Simply put, I LOVED IT❤ Susan Fanetti has caused me to add two new shelves to my bookshelf: favorite author's and older MC's. In the day and age of New Adult Romance's, I was completely thrilled to read a book about older characters. To say I am a "FAN-etti girl" would be an understatement. I adore this author's writing style. She is an engaging and intriguing writer. She immerses you in the story. She had me an emotional wreck and on the edge of my seat with suspense.

Sa
Amanda
Aug 17, 2014 rated it liked it

Oh my bad. I thought this series is about a mafia family. Guess I'm wrong. The only mafia connection we have is the hero's uncle is the mafia Don. This book resemble Kristin Higgin's Blue Heron series due to the emphasize of a big family tree and a sweet romance.

Carlo Pagano Jr. is the eldest sibling of the Italian-American family. He is a single dad and also one of the good guy. When he saw Savannah being treated badly by her famous philanthropist of a husband, James Auberon, he decid
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
2 Sharks STARS

Review to come...
Kelly
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
***DNF at 45%***

So disappointed. Review to follow.....
April
It's been almost 3 weeks since I've read this and I can't for the life of me write a review.
All I can say is that this story .... this entire series is PURE GOLD!!!
It's smart, it's real, it's mature, and simply, it's beautiful!!!

Thank you Susan for creating this unforgettable family ..... I wonder if they're looking to adopt ;D

Elaine
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it

photo tumblr_myj974tbwY1sy777fo1_500_zps033dd0d7.gif

Carlo Jr is the oldest son and part of the Pagano family. His uncles are respected Mafia and his father owns a successful construction company. He would like Carlo to eventually take over. But Carlo wants to make it on his own. He's not interested in working for his father nor does he want any involvement with his uncles businesses.
 photo 50372689484e01101fb4e7e2291023cb_zpsa2d0b2c7.jpg

His only aim is to provide for his young son, who he has been left to bring up after his wife disappears.
 photo tumblr_inline_mfv05hZfMu1rrc78e_zps7ece6247.gif

Now Carlo is more comfortable in jeans and boots than a tu
Anna Banana
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poc-heroines
4.5 stars!!

Well it would appear that Susan Fanetti can do no wrong in my eyes! I've been meaning to check out this series especially since it takes on some mafia family business and I'm so happy that it turned out to be everything I expected. This author is truly versatile and has some of the best writing I've read in a while.

I love the new family and relationships the author introduces us to with this opening book and I'm really excited to see what's in store next for this big Italian family.
L.E. Chamberlin
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "Blood is Thicker Than Water" Stars

After reading so many fast-paced, over-the-top romances, Footsteps was a refreshing change of pace. I fell in love with these characters and this story almost immediately. There were just so many things I adored about this reading experience.

**Disclaimer: I do not need to have my mind blown by a plot. I have always maintained that two strangers stuck in an elevator is a much more intriguing scenario than, say, snakes on a plane. But I get that others w
❤️ Diana ❤️
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Susan Fanetti is an excellent story teller. She pulls you into the story so naturally. She's not into the shock value but rather the story. She pulls on your heartstrings in a beautiful way, you become vested in the story, the characters and you find yourself tearing up at the simplest of things.

So the premise:

Carlo is a single dad whose wife left him and his adorable son Trey (seriously if you don't love this kid something is wrong with you!! ) lol

Bina is a beautiful woman in a very abusive re
Elizabeth ☆❀Hot for Alphas❀☆
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dual POV, Mob
Recommended to Elizabeth ☆❀Hot for Alphas❀☆ by: S.M. West
4.5 Misby Stars
Brandi {BusyBwith3}
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME...

Start to a new series! Awesome period! I really enjoy Ms. Fanetti's writing. It's fluid and seamless. From the first page you are hooked. This story was heartbreaking and unique. It was also a beautiful love story with a lot of passion! I love her heroines they are vulnerable but always fighting to overcome it. Her Hero's are possessive and loving. The way she tells the story, leaves nothing out. Questions are answered and when it's over you feel complete.

Bina and Carlo (Trey too) wil
Christina
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited to start a new series by Susan Fanetti. I know I am going to get a well written story, with some heartbreaking situations. I know that she will not take me down the easiest path and I'm ok with that. I'm excited about this series because I can't wait to see how the saga ends. Carlo and Sabina are going to be a tough act to follow and I can't wait to see what happens to the other members of the Pagano family.
Hms
3.5 stars for being, IMHO, a little over the top at times
 LizLovesBooks
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
☆☆☆☆☆ 5 ☆☆☆☆☆
 photo 1447765756760_zpsirugthed.jpg

Sabina, wow. She was, without a doubt, my #1 in this story, she was a joy to read (especially when making breakfast), and that accent was just the icing on the cake.

Sabina is married to James Auberon, cutthroat bussinessman who she met at the department store where she worked at the time. They met, fell in love and where married after four months of courtship. She admits that there had been signs, which she understood later, about who James really was.
And now, Fifteen years later,
Lina Andersson
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Susan Fanetti is a friend and a fellow member of the Freak Circle Press.

I LOVED this book, simply since it was so much in it to love. Both plot wise and the characters. I even loved the dog.

First off: This is a perfect first book in a series, because no matter who in the family that was introduced, my reaction was, ‘Oh! I wanna know more about him/her!’ I want to know everything about this family, and I already love them all. I’m looking forward to the rest, but feel more than satisfied with thi
Jeanie V.
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
A more in depth review to come later but I loved it!

Huge, huge fan of The Signal Bend series & was sad to say goodbye but am really looking forward to the rest of this series after just having finished Book #1. Luca, John & Joey - I can't wait for their stories. I think especially Johns - I don't know why (quiet & brooding maybe?) Yes!

The whole family dynamic in this book was so interesting. All the characters felt real and were flawed in some way but so likeable too. I just love t
Laurie
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, paid
I really, really wanted to like Footsteps, but the more I read, the more I realized I was just reading it to get through it. I’m one of those that has to read a series in order, and I’d heard that the books after Footsteps were awesome. Lord, I hope so, because this did not work for me on several levels.

I love heroines who come from an abusive situation and end up with an HEA but I could not wrap my brain around Sabina. I kept wanting her to fight for herself but she wasn’t. There were no kids h
Karen111
Aug 16, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a good start to the awesome Susan Fanetti's new series. But although I liked and enjoyed it, I wasn't wowed, and it wasn't without some issues for me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In a nutshell: Sabina is married to a total psycho and control freak called James Auberon, who is a powerful businessman. She suffers 15 years worth of abuse at his hands. When she tries to escape this life, she calls on the help of her new friend, Carlo Pagano. Carlo is a legitimate businessman, but his extended family are the infamous P
C.D.'s Canaries: Footsteps (Pagano Family 1) BR 9/1/14 191 53 Sep 06, 2014 02:31PM
FOOTSTEPS - Buddy Read 147 65 Aug 23, 2014 12:01PM
  • Into the Blackness (The Blackness, #4)
  • The Laws of Kings
  • Sanctuary (The Freaks MC, #2)
  • Summer Girl, Winter Boy
  • Blood in the Water (Kairos #1)
  • Salem Charm (Colson Brothers, #3)
  • A Veil of Glass and Rain
  • Through The Weeds (Nightshade MC #2)
  • Use (Forbidden, #2)
  • Ride To Temptation (The Rough Riders, #1)
  • Dmitry's Closet (The Medlov Crime Family, #1)
  • Whatever Remains
  • Hiding in Plain Sight
  • Pas de Deux
  • Phoenix (Bellator Saga, #4)
  • For Her Honor (Mountain Skulls MC #2)
  • Wild Heart (Wild Heart, #1)
  • Wanderer (Nomad, #2)
I was born and raised in the Midwest. A few years ago, I was transplanted into the dusty soil of Northern California and have apparently taken root there. An inveterate geek and gamer, I am a fan of many things considered pop culture and maybe even lowbrow.

As a reader, my favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy, but as a writer, I've found my home in romance--or perhaps it's better to say

Pagano Family (7 books)
  • Touch (Pagano Family, #2)
  • Rooted (Pagano Family, #3)
  • Deep (Pagano Family, #4)
  • Prayer (Pagano Family, #5)
  • Miracle (Pagano Family, #6)
  • The Pagano Family: The Complete Series (Pagano Family, #1-6)
“You show me how much you don’t know. He is more than a man. He is a monster.” 1 likes
“I thought I was strong. But now I don’t feel it. I must feel it in myself.” 0 likes