Start by marking “Has Anyone Seen Jessica Jenkins?” as Want to Read:
Has Anyone Seen Jessica Jenkins?

Has Anyone Seen Jessica Jenkins?

Jessica Jenkins is missing...

Jessica Jenkins has always thought she was a perfectly ordinary girl, until the day that part of her arm vanishes in the middle of a Geography lesson! Her best friend Izzy is determined to help Jessica realise what a great opportunity the power to turn invisible could be, but where has her new ability come from? Does this mean she's a superhero
Published February 24th 2015 by Candlewick Press (first published August 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Has Anyone Seen Jessica Jenkins?, please sign up.
Maria Tag It's a very common misconception that Goodreads is a web site where you can actually read books. Goodreads is really a web site where you review books…moreIt's a very common misconception that Goodreads is a web site where you can actually read books. Goodreads is really a web site where you review books, look at other people's reviews, etc. (less)

Start your review of Has Anyone Seen Jessica Jenkins?
Cristina Monica
I can very well imagine my eight-year-old self loving this. Unfortunately it wasn’t deep enough or moving enough for little old me to feel that way about it, but I did find it entertaining, pleasant.

The writing is quite engaging and Jessica Jenkins herself is considerably spunky and fun. She and her friends, new and old, make an unbeatable, super group. I liked that Jessica J. wasn’t the only one with powers—it wasn’t ALL about her and her abilities.

On the other hand, the superpowers are basic
Ms. Yingling
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jessica and her friend Izzy are having a fine time in school... until the day in class when Jessica's arm goes invisible. Then life gets even more interesting! The girls do a variety of experiments to try to figure how Jessica becomes invisible, but they don't find out why until Jessca's godmother, Nancy, tells them about experimental work to cure diseases that she was engaged in at the time Jessica was born. Jessica and several other children, including Max, whose father was the doctor working ...more
Adriana
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The cover is what drew me in the most to read this wonderful story. I love the idea of one day waking up and you suddenly have a superpower which was the case for Jessica. The imagination this brought forth and the excitement made this well worth the read. It could be a bit predictable at times but I didn't mind at all. I wish there was a sequel to the story because the friends could have so many adventures with their powers. I enjoyed each and every page while I read "Has Anyone Seen Jessica Je ...more
Evangeline
I enjoyed this and the story was really cute. However I feel it had a lot more potential to grow and want to hear more from it! I still have so many questions ahhhh
Kennedy ~BTS ARMY~
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It has magic, it has adventure! The perfect mix to make an amazing book!
Simone S.
I don't have VERY many complaints with this book except the ending - but then I remember that if I was 10 this would be a very well rounded, and satisfying plot, and ending.

HOWEVER I am not 10 so I have some issues.

1. It would've been cooler is Jess can turn others invisible too.

2. Why couldn't we tell Nancy the whole truth? I know she's an adult but having a doctor/scientist on hand would be VERY useful exploring our capabilities. And y'know stitching us up after getting into scrapes and stuf
Lisa
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reading copy of Has Anyone Seen Jessica Jenkins? by Liz Kessler for free through Goodreads First Reads. The following is my unbiased review for this novel.

Has Anyone Seen Jessica Jenkins? is the first novel I've read by Liz Kessler. It's a children's book for those aged 8 to 12 years old.

What exactly did I think of Has Anyone Seen Jessica Jenkins? by Liz Kessler? I really liked this novel. It's a really fun, fast readand is filled with great characters and good storyline.
Jasmine
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Good book but I was disappointed with how it ended. I like books with lots of action and a great plot and this book didn't have it for me.
Poppy
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was very enjoyable read and amazing to come back to after nearly a year of not reading it ! I enjoyed Jessica Jenkins a lot and I am looking forward to reading more!
J. Peters
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

I had fun reading this book. It was kind of nice to read something that was fairly simple and straightforward for a change. This was also a surprisingly funny book. There were several moments that made me laugh. I think my favorite one is this, which I highlighted in my Kindle:

"My favorite moment was when I knelt next to a German shepherd, and, in a deep voice, politely asked when the next bus was due. Then all twenty people waiting at the bus stop turned, as one, to stare at the dog. It wa
Eve beinguniquebooks
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Jessica suddenly starts to disappear, Izzy her best friend tells her and together they work to uncover what's happening whilst also having fun with the situation at hand.

A few weeks previous, her mum's friend Nancy gave her a necklace for her birthday, only when she first removes it does the invisibility stop!

They take it upon themselves to a start investigating into what's happening and bring their friend Tom, a geeky boy from their school year along as the usage of crystals causing the po
Catherine Hudson
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars for this book. The beginning was a little slow and I started to not care about the characters. The explanation of the "powers" was definitely not well thought out. Because their frontal lobes have to be growing in order for the powers to work, does this mean that once they become adults they'll lose their powers? And yes, you grow quickly as a baby and as a teenager, but there is still growth in between even if it is slower, so at what point does the growth rate become sufficiently fas ...more
Adeline
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Now you see her... Now you don't. 4.5 stars, click "read more" for my rating explained.

Jessica Jenkins has a superpower. Sort of... This read is so quick and fun! Her arm partly disappears during class... How genius is that? Most people want to be more than a person, like maybe have superpowers. This light read will make you feel just you like you have them! Traveling through the book with Jessica Jenkins is so entertaining! A cute twist makes you realize there may be others with powers... But w
Leftbanker
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
¿Alguien Ha Visto a Jessica Jenkins?

To my knowledge this book hasn’t been translated into Spanish. I hope to hell not as I’ve been working assiduously on a translation. I think it would be a good book to use to teach upper intermediate English language students. Most of the reading material you find for younger students of this level is pure crap and not nearly as much fun as this novel. The problem is there is a lot of slang in this book and just the sort of ungrammatical English that kids actu
Maleena
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Has anyone seen Jessica Jenkins? The author is Liz Kessler and the genre is Fiction. I wanted to read this book because it was all about Jessica and her friends finding out that they had superpowers! It reminded me a lot about powerless and I love reading about when normal characters find out big secrets. I like this book a lot because you never know what Jessica and her friends are going to find out next. You can’t put this book down even if you have to. The book is in Jessica‘s point of view. ...more
Hadia
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book featuring strong female characters and an adventurous group of friends. The thing I absolutely loved about this book was the absence of romance; there was none at all. The plot was very unique and the story was very captivating. A perfect read for middle-graders and even adults who love crystals and chemistry.

Although the book was entertaining, it lacked detail on the main aspect of the book i.e. chemistry. There was not much explanation as to how the crystals work, but this can be justi
hi_im_gracie
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
So I’ve read this a couple times, but it’s been about two to three years. It’s a light and quite funny read, but I feel like it could be more deep. The part about Max’s mom is the deepest part of the book. It was cute, but it has more potential to be better than it was. It was fast and had a good storyline, and I would recommend it to 8-12 year olds (although I’m 11 I am more mature than most eleven year olds {honestly not bragging, just giving facts}). I did wander why they didn’t turn Finch in ...more
El ESTANTE PIBO
May 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
This book is about a girl who discovers she can turn invisible. She tries to control them , and she finally does. She uses her powers wisley. But the mean girl of the school and her friend also have powers!!! Together they discover and learn how to use them. I liked the book because its really nice to put all the imagination of the author in a book. what I would change is that just one person had powers.
Sara
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a super fun kids book. As an adult of course I could see where the story was going, but for 9-13 year olds it is excellently plotted out and the characters are easy to root for. My 9 year old loves this author, and this story does not disappoint. It's her new favorite book! The author does a great job of setting up the suspense, though,and it pays off well in the end.
Lenka
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot! It was a quick read, and an easy read. It is fiction, almost fantasy. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes super powers or a mystery type book. I really liked this and gave it 4 stars because I thought it would be cool if there were more than one perspective. Great book!
Rachel Marie
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very cute. This is the perfect juvenile book. As an adult it only took me a couple of hours to read. Kids will eat this one up. Its short, simplistic and full of super hero fun. It would also make a great series if the other decides to continue on with these characters. If anything, I loved this book for how simple it was with its storyline.
Ruby
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK! When I finished I was so sad though! I want you to write a sequel of this hat starts 3 years into the future. Hat would be amazing! Thank you. If I get lost in the reviews, I wish everyone who reads this a good day or rest of the day!
Nadia
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a totally awesome book! Would recommend for anyone ages 8 thru 14. Kind of like the Breakfast Club for younger kids, only they gain super powers and engage in spy thrillers (and no bad language).
Lindsay
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My son had to read this for summer reading so I decided to read it as well. It’s a perfect summer read for younger readers. There are plenty of things you’d pick up on as an adult reader that will be delightful and surprising for younger friends. I definitely recommend it.
Hannah Burge
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing. With every chapter, it gets better and better. And it’s not just the details, but the characters are just SPECTACULAR. However, I would suggest the ages of reading this book about 10 and up. I personally think that the age of 10 would be a good starting point.
Going back to the characters, I think that Jessica Jenkins, Izzy, Tom, and others were a great choice for this book. Thank you, Liz Kessler, for another amazing book you provided for the world.
Charlotte Emerick
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great! It's really fun.
K Gale
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was good but I don't think it should have ended the way it did.😂
Meenakshi
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very magical book one of the best books in liz kesslers library
Ella W.
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is probably one of the best books I have ever read😊
silene
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Totally recommend it to kids and teens!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cursed (Fairy Tale Reform School, #6)
  • All the Answers
  • 13 Gifts (Willow Falls, #3)
  • Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1)
  • Outlaws (Royal Academy Rebels, #2)
  • The Last Present (Willow Falls, #4)
  • Tricked (Fairy Tale Reform School #3)
  • Finally (Willow Falls, #2)
  • Charmed (Fairy Tale Reform School, #2)
  • Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1)
  • The Golden Compass: Lyra's world
  • Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9)
  • If the Shoe Fits (Whatever After, #2)
  • Sink or Swim (Whatever After, #3)
  • Jake and Lily
  • Two Peas in a Pod (Whatever After, #11)
  • A Tale of Witchcraft... (A Tale of Magic, #2)
  • Sugar and Spice (Whatever After #10)
Liz Kessler is the author of three novels about Philippa Fisher as well as the NEW YORK TIMES best-selling Emily Windsnap series. She lives in Manchester, England.