Start by marking “Feral Pride (Feral, #3)” as Want to Read:
Feral Pride (Feral, #3)

Feral Pride

(Feral #3)

The explosive finale to the Feral series by New York Times best-selling author Cynthia Leitich Smith.

Anti-shifter sentiment is at an all-time high when Kayla’s transformation to werecat is captured on video and uploaded for the world to see. Suddenly she becomes a symbol of the werebeast threat and—along with fellow cat Yoshi, lion-possum Clyde, and human Aimee—a hunted fu
Published February 24th 2015 by Candlewick Press (first published February 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Feral Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feral Pride

Haley
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As the final book of the Feral series, Feral Pride brings the series to an epic conclusion. The book switched between four character’s perspectives this time: Clyde, Aimee, Yoshi and Kayla. It picks up from right after the events of Feral Curse. As a fan of the Tantalize series, I loved that the author wrote a three-book spin-off series based around other characters.

I also loved that there books focus on the shifter and the social prejudices on whether they are considered human since they can b
Rachel's Book Reviews
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
More like three and a half.

Full review to come, but I feel like the ending of this book....kind of cancelled out everything that happened in the previous books. I'm sad. I was left feeling very hollow after I finished.
Kyla
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Recent events have caused society to feel very threatened by werepeople, when in fact, most of them want to live quietly in the shadows. The governor has been kidnapped and a wereserpent is trying to start a war between humans and weres. Characters from books one and two return to clear the shifters’ names. When I tried to describe the plot to a friend they looked at me like I was nuts. That’s probably a good way to describe the book. The book is goofy but fun. I hated the ending.
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Oh, that ending 😭😭😭😭
Jeannie Lopez
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one a little more action , but the last one. I want more and will be searching. I need more Yoshi.. And what about
Amiee she needs a great happy ending...
Brandi Young
**See my review in VOYA magazine.**

Someone leaked a video of Kayla’s shift from human form to werecat, and homo sapiens everywhere now have proof of the existence of werepeople, the PC term for werebeasts. While many homo sapiens had some inkling of werepeople’s existence, seeing one shift frightens them; they don’t understand that, like humans, there are both good bad werepeople. Some humans in Texas are rallying against the werepeople, implanting a device to prevent shifting and to make them e
Sexinthelibrary
In this finale to the trilogy, racism is at its highest for the were-people. Kayla has been outed on camera; Jess steals her father’s police car several times to get the weres places fast; the weres are constantly on the move to avoid capture, and now a were-snake has surfaced to create even more grief for the were-world, kidnapping the governor of Texas. Clyde’s relationship with his father could create a highlight, but fizzles.

The story had its usual share of smart-mouthed humor, but the iron
Lori Schiele
Three teenage "wereanimals" (two Cats and a Lossum--a lion/possum hybrid), along with their human friends, try to out local and federal human authorites (who are assisted by werebears controlled with neural implants) while a mysterious weresnake takes to the news and announces to the world that he has kidnapped a Texas state official who will be excuted unless humans "confess to being the subordinate species".
This is the 3rd book in a trilogy. Because of this, there was a lot of backstory that
Mrs. Kenyon
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-audiobooks
Shifters have been outed in the media when Kayla’s transformation to werecat is recorded and uploaded for everyone to see. She is now seen as a werebeast threat and is on the run with Yoshi, Clyde and Aimee. As if things couldn’t get any worse, a weresnake has kidnapped the governor of Texas and announced to the media that this is just the beginning. All werepeople are now at risk as law enforcement tries to round them up, corporations develop a shift-suppressing vaccine and an underground slave ...more
Hilary
“Feral Pride,” is the final installment in Cynthia Leitich Smith’s “Feral” series. It was preceded by “Feral Nights,” and “Feral Curse.” This urban fantasy can be read as a stand-alone, although it does reference events in previous volumes.

Shapeshifters are “outed” by the media when Kayla’s werecat transformation is recorded and exposed to the world. Perceived as a threat, Kayla is now on the run with Yoshi (a werecat), Clyde (a werelion-possum), and Aimee (a human/homo sapiens). The four abort
Maria Dolly
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
the characters really dont failed to amaze me.. i really love how the author show how awesome they are on their unique selves.. kind of sad at the ending where clyde died at the end and never have the chance to tell aimee that he love her.. or is it the other way around.. pshaw!.. but in all itthe journey to the ending is totally worth it.. thumbs up to an awesome author.. Cynthia Leitich Smith .. idol kita!
Angela
May 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
What the crap? This book sucked. Not to spoil anything but I hated the ending the ending was awful the book was great quick fun Up until the ending. I probably would've given it a one but I really did like the series. And there's no hope of another spin off because this one only even has 15 ratings. I don't mean to be mean but it was pointless.
Abbey
Mar 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Review to come..
Victoria Law
Fun read in the way that an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a fun watch.
D
Oct 24, 2014
Christina
Aug 17, 2015
Chloe
rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2015
Hayden
Jan 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • First Crossing: Stories About Teen Immigrants
  • Frail Human Heart (The Name of the Blade, #3)
  • On a Clear Day
  • Disguised: A Wartime Memoir
  • How to Be a Werewolf: The Claws-On Guide for the Modern Lycanthrope
  • Pick-Up Game: A Full Day of Full Court
  • Down Sand Mountain
  • The Penalty (Paul Faustino, #2)
  • King of the Pygmies
  • Falling Hard: 100 Love Poems by Teenagers
  • The World Beneath
  • Darkness Under the Water
  • The Goldsmith's Daughter
  • Eight Rivers of Shadow
  • How to Be a Vampire: A Fangs-On Guide for the Newly Undead
  • A Stone in My Hand
  • Come August, Come Freedom: The Bellows, The Gallows, and The Black General Gabriel
  • Inheritance (Inheritance #1)
Cynthia's fiction is noted for its diversity, humor, lyricism, and mid-to-southwestern settings. Still early in her career, she has shown tremendous range and loves to experiment.

JINGLE DANCER, illustrated by Cornelius Van Wright and Ying-Hwa Hu, (Morrow / Harper-Collins, 2000)(ages 4-up) was a finalist for the Oklahoma Book Award, runner-up for the Western Writers Association Storyteller Award, a

Feral (3 books)
  • Feral Nights (Feral, #1)
  • Feral Curse (Feral, #2)