Start by marking “Bad Babysitter (Babymouse, #19)” as Want to Read:
Bad Babysitter (Babymouse, #19)

Bad Babysitter

(Babymouse #19)

Wanted: Expert babysitter. Babymouse will finally have enough money to buy cool stuff! All she has to do is take care of a few kids. No problem! Who’s more responsible than Babymouse? She’s practically Mary Poppins! (Okay, maybe that’s going a little too far.) Will Babymouse be the ultimate sitter? Or will triplets mean triple trouble?
Published April 14th 2015 by Random House Books for Young Readers

Wendi Lee
Babymouse books are so much fun.
Michele Knott
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Babymouse. Several laugh out loud moments but it's the little things the Holms do to make it fun.
Pinky
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-15
Always a joy to read more babymouse.
Melissa
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read this book if you need to see something cute.
Franki Sibberson
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So happy to have another great Babymouse book!
Mari Anne
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mg-ya
Another adorable addition to the Babymouse family. We love this series and it never disappoints!
Donalyn
Reliably awesome. Babymouse is the best.
Sara
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
Hilarious! I laughed so hard. My kids (students and biological) will love it.
Allison
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I ❤ Babymouse! ...more
Mary Lee
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How can these books keep getting more and more perfect?
Ryan M. Hanna
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book :) It is nice to visit with Babymouse every once and awhile. :)
Karen Johnson
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book #19 in series and I've probably read them all without reviewing any. I must say I like the whole series. It's cute and accessible, and there is usually a good message.

This one inspired me to write a review, though, because there was so much to it without being heavy-handed.

Bullying is touched on - the idea of needing one friend as a solution. But my favorite message had to do with Babymouse wanting a new scooter but having to work for it - hence the babysitting. It is not as easy as she ex
Dolly
May 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the Babymouse series
This is the nineteenth book in the Babymouse series by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm. The plot centers on Babymouse's plans to earn money as a babysitter.

As usual, things don't work out very smoothly for Babymouse, especially since babysitting is not nearly as easy as she thought it would be.

Our youngest really likes these books, even though she's pretty much grown out of them. They are quick reads and she read this book in less than a half hour. I think I read it in half that.

We've read t
Barbara
Although Babymouse lacks experience in babysitting, she really, really, really wants an expensive scooter. She decides to earn money babysitting, and her first outings are disastrous. When she starts taking care of Otto, her job is pretty easy, but the little owl seems depressed and lonely despite her best efforts. Finally, when she takes him outside and plays a creative cupcake-related game of tag, a new friend joins them. I enjoyed the story, the framing through the Mother Goose nursery rhyme, ...more
Becky B
Babymouse really wants a new scooter, but her allowance won't come close to covering it. What she needs is a job. So when her friend offers her a babysitting job, Babymouse jumps at the chance. How hard can it be?

Oh boy, Babymouse gets put through the whole gambit of babysitting. From the baby who won't stop crying to the monkeys who think of ways to make trouble (and a huge mess) in ways even Babymouse couldn't have dreamed up, to the shy little one who works his way into Babymouse's heart. I r
Shelli
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Babymouse can’t wait to have her very own Sooper Scooter. It Scoots! It Flies! It does Somersaults! It even has a Milk Shake Machine! All for the reasonable price of $79.95 What’s a middle school mouse to do to earn some extra money fast?? Perhaps babysitting some of the neighborhood children will work. Childcare can’t be that hard, can it???

This was another fantastically fun read with our not always so lovable protagonist Babymouse! Kids will love it and want to read again and again.
Earl
Babymouse is back in this nineteenth (!) installment of the series. This time, she tackles babysitting as she does with everything else in her life- lots of gusto. We're treated to more of her imaginings from the predictable Mary Poppins reference to hilarious horror movie spoof to a Winnie-the-Pooh scene. I thought it was clever that she would be reading Comics Squad: Recess!

Side note: Otto seems to be a popular owl name!
Tamara the Librarian
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2nd, 3rd
Um, I would not voluntarily read any other Babymouse books. It is a super basic graphic novel. Having read and really like graphic novels for older students, I was expecting more from this-- which is probably not fair since its intended audience is much younger. Kids like them so I have them in my library. I am mildly curious why it gets such high ratings from other readers-- especially if any are adults.
Vickiw
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm ashamed to say that this is only the second Babymouse book I've ever read... and I don't really care for the series. It's too frantic for me. I understand how it appeals to reluctant readers, though!

Reviewing this for GSCBA. I'd recommend it for the series list because of its popularity and general inoffensiveness.
Read  Ribbet
17th in the series...good universal theme as Babymouse takes up babysitting to earn money and learns that working with the right age group that is a good match for you is critical. Jennifer Holm weaves in some fun literacy references to make this addition to the series a bit more appealing.
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Babymouse wants a new scooter, but she has spent all of her allowance on cupcakes. She tries to earn money by babysitting. She has a difficult time with babies and toddlers, but she finds her niche with a five-year-old.
Jonna VanWienen
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super cute story. Kids really liked the challenges that Babymouse faced in this book. Anyone who has babysat will smile
Patrick Callahan
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Babymouse wants to earn enough money to buy a new scooter. Will her new job as a baby-sitter be a success or a flop?
The Styling Librarian
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Babymouse Bad Babysitter by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm – Graphic Novel- Happy day! A new babymouse!!! Just loved Babymouse’s new adventure into the world of babysitting. Hilarious as always…
Bethe
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, graphic-novel
Fabulous new Babymouse! evoking many chuckles and memories of my own babysitting escapades, love all the funny little twists the book takes!
David
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally, Babymouse is successful at something! Has she found her calling?
Stacey
Babymouse wants to earn money for a scooter, so she starts to babysit. Her first few jobs do not go smoothly, but then she has a breakthrough with a little owl. Babymouse never disappoints.
Samuel
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
It's a lot of fun, and I especially liked the shy little owl. Good stuff as always from Holm & Holm.
Avery N.
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really good continuation to the series.
  • Lunch Lady and the Schoolwide Scuffle (Lunch Lady, #10)
  • The Great Pet Escape
  • Comics Squad #2: Lunch! (Comics Squad, #2)
  • Alamo All-Stars (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, #6)
  • The Thief and the Sword (Cleopatra in Space, #2)
  • Ares: Bringer of War (Olympians, #7)
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #2)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run (Bird & Squirrel, #1)
  • Little Robot
  • Unicorn on a Roll (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #2)
  • The Boy Who Crashed to Earth (HiLo, #1)
  • Spelling Trouble (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #1)
  • The Great American Dust Bowl
  • Just a Donkey Like You and Me (Ariol #1)
  • Curses! Foiled Again (Foiled, #2)
  • Lowriders in Space (Lowriders in Space, #1)
Jennifer L. Holm is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling children's author and the recipient of three Newbery Honors for her novels OUR ONLY MAY AMELIA, PENNY FROM HEAVEN, and TURTLE IN PARADISE.

Jennifer collaborates with her brother, Matthew Holm, on two graphic novel series -- the Eisner Award-winning Babymouse series and the bestselling Squish series. She is also the author of several other highly pra

Babymouse (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Queen of the World! (Babymouse, #1)
  • Our Hero (Babymouse, #2)
  • Beach Babe (Babymouse, #3)
  • Rock Star (Babymouse, #4)
  • Heartbreaker (Babymouse, #5)
  • Camp Babymouse (Babymouse, #6)
  • Skater Girl (Babymouse, #7)
  • Puppy Love (Babymouse, #8)
  • Monster Mash (Babymouse, #9)
  • Babymouse #10: The Musical (Babymouse, #10)