Start by marking “Spanish Novels: Muerte en Buenos Aires (Spanish Novels for Beginners - A1)” as Want to Read:
Spanish Novels: Muerte en Buenos Aires (Spanish Novels for Beginners - A1)

Spanish Novels: Muerte en Buenos Aires

(Spanish Novels for Beginners - A1 #3)

Looking for Spanish Novels?I know how tough it is to find good books to help you learn a new language.
You usually don't have a large vocabulary.
You aren't able to read long and complex novels intended for native speakers.
You'd like to go right to the fun stuff, but maybe it's too hard for you now.
A typical beginner's Spanish reader isn't interesting or just plain boring.
Bu
Published July 7th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Spanish Novels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spanish Novels

Start your review of Spanish Novels: Muerte en Buenos Aires (Spanish Novels for Beginners - A1)
May Ling
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book, particularly in the ebook version is extremely easy to read. Each little chapter is about 10 sentences. The story uses fairly common language that is useful, plus or minus a few detective specific phrases. Great for people who are trying to follow a path of learning for a second language similar to learning their first language.
Grace
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. The plot was fairly interesting for an easy reader. I do think a few choice words could have been defined in English. I am interested to see how my students like it during FVR. I love the super short chapters, but I think some of the words are pretty specific for lower levels.
Dave Jones
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, spanish, ebooks
Picked up this book for almost free on Amazon. It's a good approach for Spanish-speaking-wannabes such as myself. Read a story using simple Spanish sentences. My Kindle has a Spanish-English dictionary to help translate words. (Turns out that reading this book was the most extensive use of it.)

The story itself consists of 80 chapters. Each chapter consists of about 6 Spanish sentences that describe how Miguel, our protagonist, solves the murder of Eva. In the course of the story, we learn about
Ed
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, mystery, language
Long book title -- "Spanish Novels: Muerte en Buenos Aires (Spanish Novels for Beginners - A1)" -- for a cute short book. The book has 80 bite-sized "chapters" in Spanish, where each "chapter" contains only 5-6 sentences -- perfect for beginners in reading Spanish (like me). There is no English translation, but an easy download of a free Spanish-English dictionary lets you highlight any word and get the definition, as long as you have an eBook version. I did a LOT of highlight-lookup operations, ...more
Gary Paulson
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
Interesting little "Easy Spanish" book I found while on Amazon.

80 chapters. But each chapter is only 1 page. But each page is only 6 short sentences.

Because of the lack of flow due to the short chapters and what appears to be an uncontrolled vocabulary, I had a harder time following the story line than I have had in much longer books.
Cedric L. Deal
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good, But Could Have Been Better

The story was good and timely, and it was hard to read. However, it could have used a glossary for the words that a beginner might not know. Also, the use of the vos forms could confuse a beginner.
Nigel Atkinson
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
For someone learning to read Spanish this was great to read without having to look every second word up. Simple in language but also unfortunately in plot. But it does what it is intended to do. First ever end to end book I've read in Spanish :)
Frances
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun read for novice Spanish language students.

Love to have read a full novel length story though. There some "Spanlish" unexpected like "living" instead of "la sala" to describe the living room.
Tina
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, own-it, spanish
Great for beginners. Easy, fast read. It's like reading a children's book with more substance and adult content.

Michelle H
This was the first book I read in Spanish. It is an easy reader, level A1, so you have to take that into account. Was it a suspenseful mystery? Not really. But was it a good book for learning Spanish? Definitely! I liked the main character, Miguel, and the fact that it took place in Buenos Aires.
Alli
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great for a beginner Spanish learner!

This book is great for reading at a beginner level. It's engaging enough to keep you reading. It may seem a little dry for more advanced learners as it uses very basic spanish . But if you are a beginner, this is a great choice!
Imkhashi
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Nice easy light reading but not remotely for beginning Spanish readers.

Be sure to have translator on hand to read this. No new Spanish reader will have the vocabulary needed to understand most of the conjugations and nouns used. But for intermediates its a good read.
Ben
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
The story is obviously not riveting nor should it be. It a story for picking up simple Spanish and it works. The story flows naturally enough and the sentences are short and comprehensible. If youre just trying to improve your Spanish this is the short novel for you.
Brett
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read and engaging

Easy to read story in Spanish. The plot is engaging enough to keep an adult interested. It's funny, too, with a few surprises. The chapters are very short, making the text easy to follow. I'll be reading Paco Ardit's other books.
Pamela N.
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
How disappointing! The book in fact does not have a true story line (character arc, inciting incident) as promised by the use of the word "novel." It also consists of 80 extremely short (approximately 6 ines) of basic Spanish. Even for a beginner this was not very helpful, or challenging.
James Forster
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mi primera novela corta en español!

Lo disfruté mucho y me ayudó. Gracias. Ahora la próxima novela - vamos.
Lori
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Actually finished this awhile ago. Great for practicing reading. More like a primer than a novel, but it works for its purpose.
Peter Pike
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent beginner's book by Paco Ardit.
Xujie8410
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, easy and dramatic. Definitely a very awesome book for spanish beginners.
Ann Wrixon
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I am just relearning Spanish, and this book was exactly at my level. I could understand the entire book, and I thought the story was really interesting. I'll be reading all the books by this author.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
The first book I've ever read in Spanish. :) It definitely did help me improve my Spanish though. As far as the actual writing went, it was okay.

Srini
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good beginners Spanish book. Not much of a story, but its good in terms of understanding the language, grammar and vocabulary.
Leah
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read-2016
This is a good way to practice Spanish, but it is not for absolute beginners.
Awallace
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cuento facile

Easy to read and follow. Great for review.
Repetition of words throughout helps with language acquisition. Great for students learning Spanish.
Carlissa
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: beginning Spanish students
great book for beginning Spanish student.
Salomien
May 06, 2016
Samantha
Jul 03, 2019
Birgitta Stevenson
Dec 06, 2018
Jaime
Jul 28, 2014

• 101 Conversations in Simple Spanish: Short Natural Dialogues to Boost Your Confidence & Improve Your Spoken Spanish
  • La Otra Mujer. Spanish A1 graded reader: Short Spanish story for beginners - suitable for Spanish learners at an A1 level.
  • Embodied
  • Ninth Step Station: The Complete Season 1 (Ninth Step Station #1.1-1.10)
  • El elefante encadenado
  • Taal voor de leuk
  • Déjame que te cuente
  • Cartas para Claudia
  • Poder de la Autodependencia, El: Aprenda a Vivir la Vida en Sus Propios Terminos
  • Bodas de odio
  • Me llaman Artemio Furia
  • El camino del encuentro
  • The Ghost
  • París
  • Congo
  • Tesoro oculto
  • Talking with Serial Killers: The Most Evil People in the World Tell Their Own Stories
  • Auberon (The Expanse, #8.5)
Paco Ardit is the author of the Spanish Novels Series. He was born in Madrid, Spain, in 1976. Since the early 1980’s he lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He loves learning and teaching languages, reading books, and writing fiction. His mission is to create the best materials for language learners who don't want to settle for easy and boring.

Combining his experience in learning, languages and fict

Spanish Novels for Beginners - A1 (5 books)
  • Ana, estudiante
  • Spanish Novels: Fútbol en Madrid (Spanish Novels for Beginners - A1)
  • Spanish Novels: Tango milonga (Spanish Novels for Beginners - A1)
  • Spanish Novels: Los novios (Spanish Novels for Beginners - A1)

News & Interviews