Start by marking “Kiss Cam” as Want to Read:
Kiss Cam

Kiss Cam

In Kiss Cam, teen author Kiara London asks, what's a little harmless kissing between friends?

Juniper, Jasper, and Lenny have been friends forever and co-own a vlog channel called WereVloggingHere. Their fans are huge "shippers" who believe that Juniper and Jasper are perfect for each other, and, despite warnings from friends and family, a simple Truth-or-Dare inspired kiss
Published October 18th 2016 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Cam, please sign up.

Start your review of Kiss Cam
Jacqueline
Oct 16, 2016 rated it liked it
3/5 stars

This was such a cute, fun, quick book to read! I feel like with school I have not really been able to read a lot but I'm thankful for this book because it got me out of the mini reading slump I was in. It was just what I needed!

***ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**
Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

This book was just straight up cutesy !!

I've always been a sucker for the "Best Friend" romance concept. Probably, why I wanted to read this book. ANYWAY, The characters made the story hella interesting. The plot was easy to follow and MAY BE A LITTLE PREDICTABLE BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING.

It's a fast and fun read! If you're into this type of stories then by all means...

HIT THIS BOOK UP!!
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
DNF at 25%

Unfortunately this book just isn't for me. I was originally very intrigued by the concept of this book, but the manner in which it starts out without any character development really disappointed me.
✦ Maica ✦
May 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-reads
Do it for the vlog. - a totally (un)real excerpt from Kiss Cam

Kiss Cam is about three friends - Lenny, Juniper, & Jasper, who run a vlog channel together. One day as they were filming their Q&A: Dare edition, Juniper and Jasper were dared to kiss each other. After the initial kiss, more and more kissing requests are sent by Jasiper shippers. Eventually, they decided to heed to their fans by adding a new segment on their vlog: the Kiss Cam.

The beginning of this was really enjoyable
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Note: I received this book from Fierce Reads via Goodreads in exchange for an unbiased review.

First, I have to say how much I love the cover of Kiss Cam. It, along with the title, is what originally drew me to the story. It's a cover that actually goes with what the book is about. How often does that happen?

Kiss Cam is about three best friends who run a vlog together. They do all sorts of fun stuff like play truth and dare with their followers. Acting on one of their follower's dares leads them
Rachel's Book Reviews
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BOOM.

I didn't expect to love this novel as much as I did.

Full review WAyyyyyyy closer to the release date.

Long story short though:

Best Friends turned lovers = One of my favorite tropes.

Kiss Cam made me fall Truly, Madly, Deeply in love!

-Reread 07-09-16, because I have an arc, and I feel much more comfortable reviewing an arc than a completely unedited manuscript. They fixed the bit of drag at the end, but it seemed less magical than when I read the MS. Sooooo....still 4.5 stars for cuteness
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
This was my first read by Kiara and I went in completely blind. It took me quite a while to get into it and, by a while, I mean almost 70% of it. I didn't start really getting into the plot line and the characters well into its last few chapters. But even then, it wasn't really enough.
This book follows a group of 3 friends, June, Jasper, and Lenny, who are vloggers. This is the first book I've read about vloggers and I really wish I
Suze Lavender
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Juniper, Jasper and Lenny own a popular vlogging channel. They vlog about their lives and sometimes make silly videos. They also like dares. A lot of their fans are shippers who are either rooting for Juniper and Lenny or Juniper and Jasper. When someone suggests a kissing challenge Jasper and Juniper are up for it and they're calling it Kiss Cam. While the project is a huge success Juniper and Jasper will never be the same because of it.

When feelings start to play a part in their friendship
Amber (bookstacksamber)
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I can be pretty picky about contemporary books, and this is the first one I've read in a bit that I really enjoyed. I'm a big YouTube watcher (the book's version is called VlogIt) and a sucker for best friend romances, so I couldn't wait to read Kiss Cam and I wasn't disappointed. I thought I'd like it, but it even exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed how the romance played out between Juniper and Jasper, and it didn't feel cheesy or overly cringy like some high school romances do to me. ...more
Laurence R.
Nov 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-review
It's the perfect book to read between finals! :D
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

This book is responsible for getting me out of an awful reading slump so for that reason alone, it has a special place in my heart. Very few books have the ability to make me laugh out loud, but this one did. I loved the friendship and the banter and the silliness and the weird situation all the friends put themselves in and the romance and the chemistry . . . and okay, I just loved all of it.

I know it's a weird premise:
Natalie
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019

Cute concept, but the wishy-washy main character really got on my nerves. She has a crush on the love interest, then she doesn’t, then she does again....ugh, it was frustrating. I wasn’t wild about the love interest either. Also, where were their parents?!??? Overall it was not my favorite.
Sami  Myers
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
RATING - 3.5 STARS

This was definitely a cute novel. I loved the references to YouTube and the Vlogging community. As someone who is familiar with that community it was so much fun to read about main characters that were immersed in it! The romance was cute enough and even though it was definitely cliche, I couldn't be bothered but it was such a quick read!
mayday
Apr 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
- boy howdy these kids do not have a life outside vlogging and kissing do they
- in the context of the writing, i mean that super literally because the characters have next to NO personality whatsoever, they're not people at all they ONLY exist to vlog and kiss and push forward this super contrived fanficky-in-a-not-so-good-way plot; heck even the setting is nonexistent, i'm imagining it's like in the peanuts comics where there's just a brick wall and the rest of the world is a blank white void.
Nicole Sobon
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
To put it simply? This book is so, so cute - predictable, yes, but cute.

Here's the thing, I was initially put off by this book due to the cover. (Yeah, I know.) And the description didn't exactly sell me on the story either. But then I started reading reviews and decided to give it a go and I'm so glad that I did. KISS CAM reminds me of my high school years, perhaps a bit too much. The story itself focuses on Jasper and June, two best friends that decide to launch a new segment on their Vlog
bookmarkbelles
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I had a tough time rating this book because I felt like it was too fluffy for my taste and yet somehow I really enjoyed it. The plot is very straight forward, which made it a quick read. However, I felt like it could have used a bit of spice. I kept waiting for a serious plot twist to hit me but it never happened.
Unfortunately.

I really enjoyed how realistic the storyline was. I've always been a big fan of watching Vlogs and felt like I was in the story along with these lovable characters.
Nadia
Read it on swoonreads so it was the unedited version obviously, just thought I should clear that up before reviewing the story.

Kiss cam was pretty intriguing because of its unique premise. Sure it's a contemporary where two best friends take way too much time to come to terms with the fact that they are in love, but it was still quirky and funny.

My phone's bugging me so I might come back to finish this review later. Or not if I forget about it.
Sophie Marsden
Definitely not for me. RTC
Sasha (seetheworldwithbooks)
Iam trying to save those of you who want to read this novel. Dont bother guys, really, its basically has no character development. Only stupid teenagers snog each other because the viewers want them to. And also its boring as fuck.

There are extras, but i'd rather throw myself off the cliff than read those. So another extras for Jasiper and Juniper's story? I dont give a shit
Jordan (The Heart of a Book Blogger)
This review and more can be found at The Heart of a Book Blogger.

I first read Kiss Cam as an unedited version on Swoon Reads last year. I loved the book, and I was so glad to hear that it was chosen to be published. It was just so adorable and swoon-worthy and I died a little bit. I found it to be just as cute as I read it a second time.

June, Jasper, and Lenny are neighbors, best friends, and famous vloggers. Over the years, the three friends have built up quite the following on their vlog,
Isabella
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay so Kiss Cam is available to read here at Swoon Reads for right now at least. Alright I'm gonna start by saying how much I adored the first half of Kiss Cam, the last half wasn't bad or anything it just started feeling a little tedious after a while but I still loved it, it's the kind of book that can give you a tooth ache that's how sweet it is. So Kiss Cam is about three best friends, two boys, one girl. Juniper, Jasper, and Lenny, (and no they are not in a love triangle) together they run ...more
J.
I received an ARC from the publisher via work, with no obligation to leave a personal review.

Actual rating is probably 2.5 stars.

I think I may have given this a quick read when it was on SwoonReads, but I read the ARC again, and--huh. I almost stopped reading less than five pages in, because there was a lot of overwriting and excessive exposition. There are also little grammatical tics I notice, and here, the author often overuses commas ("It wouldn't make sense, otherwise"--which is totally
Thamy
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Honest review based on an ARC provided by Netgalley. Many thanks to the publisher for this opportunity.

Following the trend of books on internet trends, this is a nice take on friends testing limits.

Juniper has had a vlog with her friends for years but they still need to keep their public. When the shippers suggest two of them kiss, and the video with her and Jasper is a success, a new feature is born, the Kiss Cam. But Juniper has had feelings for Jasper in the past, and recovered at great cost.
Ashalyn
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This rating is based on cute quick reads.

I love fun quirky reads and this one def fits the bill. It not only has a great dynamic of a relationship but also great relationships of friends. It is about a group of friends Juniper, Jasper, and Lenny who run a vlog channel. They record their day to day lives stupid stunts, dares, and whatever else viewers want. So one day while doing a Q&A session someone suggested a Kiss Cam segment between Juniper and Jasper. Juniper was kind of leery to the
Lynn
Feb 07, 2017 added it
Shelves: young-adult
This was okay. Cute, but it drug a little in places. Plus, there was something I couldn't put my finger on about the writing. To be fair, I probably shouldn't have read it almost back to back with a book from one of my favorite authors in this genre.
Ryley (Ryley Reads)
Thanks so much to Raincoast Books for sending me an eARC of this book for an honest review. As always, all opinions are my own.

**FULL REVIEW TO COME CLOSER TO RELEASE DATE**
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This was more of a 2.5 rating. It wasn't the best book but it wasn't the worst either. Part of the problem was that it focused more on the kissing than I originally thought. Of course things got complicated and petty. We were dealing with high schoolers. I really am getting too old for some of these books and the non sense in them. The two things that saved this was a happy ending and the fact that it was a short book.
Krysti
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
KISS CAM was such a deliciously flirty, fun, and adorable read! I loved the premise and totally shipped the characters right alongside the WereVloggingHere fans. This book has me wanting to devour all the friends-to-lovers books I can get my hands on. What an enchanting read!
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Sometimes losing that you love the most makes you realize just how much you love it.

Full review to come.

• Fake It Till You Break It
  • Surviving Adam Meade
  • If I'm Being Honest
  • My New Crush Gave to Me
  • Between Frost and Fury (The Xenith Trilogy, #2)
  • Ask Again Later