Start by marking “Johnny Be Good (Johnny Be Good, #1)” as Want to Read:
Johnny Be Good (Johnny Be Good, #1)

Johnny Be Good

(Johnny Be Good #1)

If your boss was the hottest rock star on the planet, would you mix business with pleasure?

I'm Meg Stiles. This is my leaving party. And that song we're making a mockery of? That's written by one of the biggest rock stars in the world. And I'm moving in with him tomorrow.

Seriously! I am not even joking. Well, maybe I'm misleading you a little bit. You see, I haven't actually met him yet...

No, I

pleasure?

Trade Paperback, 400 pages
Published October 2008 by Simon & Schuster UK (first published September 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Johnny Be Good, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny Be Good

Start your review of Johnny Be Good (Johnny Be Good, #1)
Nina
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Just like probably all of Paige Toon's books, "Johnny Be Good" is a perfect book to read by the pool or at the beach during your summer vacation. But even though I generally enjoyed this book, it is definitely my least favorite out of her books that I've read so far.

"Johnny Be Good" was a very quick read and I loved the first half of it. But around the middle of the book, things began to get slower and there were a couple of chapters I thought were quite boring and wouldn't have needed to be in
Sara
The first thing you should know is that the book does not end here… is one of those that drops a bomb at the end, and you have to wait for the second book to know how it goes… As the following book is already out and about, that’s not too much of a drawback, if you enjoyed this one is actually a plus…
About the story, I found it quick paced and engaging from the start, which is always one of the best qualities in a book. The setting is the glamour of the rich and famous in Hollywood, I like
sooooooomiii
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
I wish I could take back the £6 I paid for this rubbish, or else the precious time I wasted!

This book...how to review it? Well, for one: It was just plain stupid.

Character:
Meg - shallow, whiny, needy, naive, pathetic and absolutely unrelatable in every way.
Christian - 2d, unrealistic and his actions just never seemed to be justified (if that makes sense)
Johnny - what a prat! Stereotypical rocker, pretty much a 2d caricature. What was there even to like about him?

I
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
So I'm in the mood for an Adult Contemp and came across this. I wasn't going to pick this up considering it's $10 on Amazon, but it had the trifecta that I can't say "no"to: British, tattooed, Rock God. **slaps hand on forhead**Groans... I have issues. Hope this is good...

UPDATE same day....Yea, I couldn't put this down. Looking forward to book two...starting....NOW!
Renee
*5 ++++ stars*
OH MY GOD! LOVED EVERY SINGLE SECOND!! This ones hitting my top favorites shelf. Need book two NOW!!!!!

Review to come...
Natasha
WHAT THE FUCK, MEG?
- A review by Natasha

Paige Toon is a great author. I've read her other books and absolutely fell in love with the characters and the scenarios. This was NOT the case, however, for Johnny Be Good. Spoilers below!!

Meg. What a weak, stupid, stupid, cruel, stupid, jerk of a character you are! Don't people ever learn? She actually allowed herself to be completely used by Johnny, on multiple occasions, and had a hard time stopping her obsession with him. I think it was supposed to imply she LOOOVVEEESSS him just SOOOO muc
Tricia Villanueva
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm such a sucker for stories like this. I'm sure that's pretty obvious now seeing as about half the books I've written about on here are about Movie Stars/Rock Stars. I just can't help it! Johnny Be Good is really no different from any celebrity centered books out there. The titular Johnny is your stereotypical Rock Star. He is the walking embodiment of the Rock and Roll lifestyle. He is constantly drinking, doing drugs and sleeping around with random women. He is also incredibly, drop dead gor ...more
tara
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-2019
3.5 ★ I could not put this soap opera down stars!

'But you were my girl first.'

This isn’t a book I’d go around recommending mainly because it had many triggers: drug and alcohol abuse, emotional abuse, unsafe sex, a love-triangle (including cheating).

Meg has landed a job as a PA for a famous musician Johnny Jefferson. Meg was the definition of desperate for the sexy, rich man she'd just met. That said, this book was spaced over 7 months so despite the insta-love these two developed a rea/>'But
Dee Montoya
FIVE~ Johnny Be Mine~ Stars*****

I’m a sucker for a good Rockstar romance. And when my friend Renee highly recommended this book, I just had to read it. And boy am I happy I did!!!!

This is a chick-lit romance; the characters and the story are so well constructed that I quickly and easily got lost inside the angst, and the rocky relationship between the characters. It felt real inside my heart and I couldn’t possibly put it down, for one second. What a fantastic book, I loved it beyond words.

The
Leah
Aug 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
After reading a review of Paige’s first novel, Lucy in the Sky, in Heat magazine I thought it sounded great so got hold of a copy and absolutely loved it so I couldn’t wait when I read about Paige’s second novel and I wasn’t disappointed…

Meg is off to Los Angeles to be CPA (Celebrity PA) to Johnny Jefferson, the hottest rockstar on the planet. She tells herself she will not fall for him but ultimately does. We follow her as she tries to figure out her feelings for Johnny and we const
christine danielle (Bibliophilic Madness)
Check out my blog for other reviews:

photo bun3_zpsa210610d.jpg

JOHNNY BE GOOD by PAIGE TOON

photo bun2_zps0ef512fa.jpg

Cover: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5

Overall rating: 5 ROCKSTAR STARS!

Johnny be Good was a very funny and heartbreaking read which I totally loved.

Meg was given a chance to be a PA for one of the world's greatest rock stars Johnny. She started her job without a clue with what she was doing, and slowly she started toSTARS!
Johnny5
Overall
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read these two books in one sitting and absolutely loved every minute.

In Johnny Be Good we meet Meg Stiles. Megs is offered the dream of PA to Johnny Jefferson, the man of the moment……. uuber hot rockstar extraordinaire.

Megs leaves from her home in London to start a new life in LA, working for Johnny and putting up with all his crazy antics, all the while trying to convince herself she won’t fall for him. Oh good luck with that Megs! Of course she does and what follows
Rotceh
May 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
First, i'll say this: STOP ROMANTICIZING ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS!!!!
WAKE UP PEOPLE, THE CHARACTER IS A SOCIOPATH!!! (explanation below)

I HATE THIS BOOK AND THE ENDING SO MUCH!!

I didn't think that I could hate a character as much, but hey, Heeereeee's Johnny!

I would have rated this book a hundred if the ending was different. I mean, Johhny is not a "bad boy", he's a narcissistic- misogynistic prick. He treats people like crap just because he can.
Nat
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books-ever
Angie
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Already next book!
Eva (ReadWhileItRains)
Sep 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
This book is just bad!

1. Very predictable. Guess what’s going to happen and you’ll be absolutely right.
2. The use of “Asian babe” to describe one character- I couldn’t believe that this character was referred to as this for the whole book.
3. Women-hating language such as “dirty stripper” throughout the book.
4. Resorting to the typical “woman must fix broken man, no matter what awful things he does” trope
5. Nothing much really happens!
6. Drug and alcohol addiction
Neep
Sep 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, contemporary
Did anyone really like this book? It's the trashiest. Meg was shallow. Obsessed with Johnny and no personality otherwise. Johnny was an exaggerated caricature of a moody alcoholic drug addled rock star. Christian was a wet flannel of a human being. Not sure why anyone would care about him. Meg certainly doesn't seem to - she barely describes him to start with, and later on reiterates several times that he's average looking and that's about it.

Could've had interesting meditations on d
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Posted on K-Books

I got this book mainly because it in wrote by Paige Toon. If any book has her name on it I don't need to know what it's about I will still get them. She's my favourite chic lit author and I just love her books. I first read Johnny Be Good about a year ago, before I started blogging or writing reviews. Paige has recently released Baby Be Mine, which is about Johnny and Meg but years
Emilyandherlittlepinknotes
Mitha
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hm...it was a pretty good book, though I hate the characters so much! *gasps* (WHAT??) Well, except for Christian. And I'm pretty sure he's the one who's gonna end up getting hurt. Poor Christian. And as for Johnny, he's just too f**ked-up and I hated him most of the time. I mean, seriously, Johnny. Do you love her or not? Do you wanna be with her, or not? I mean...I get when the hero gets all feeling insecure and starts to push people he starts to care about away by trying, or in this book's ca ...more
Desiree
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
OK, the writing was good, and the plot was so-so. But the characters! oh my god, I found myself hating them! Johnny is a cruel, sadistic, fucking prick and a serial cheater! Meg is an idiot. Christian is a bore. I absolutely hated Johnny's behavior (oh so much) and Meg's indecisiveness.

And did I mention I fucking hated all the fucking cheating!!

I did, however, like the writing and was quickly addicted. I stayed up all night reading this in one sitting because... well, for
Lala_Loopsie [fire breathing B!tch Queen]
Don't read this book. If you do, you've been warned.

A horrible book.

I read extra slowly to try to understand what was going on. But i just tortured myself. In the end, eveeything was wrong.
Kelly Wilson
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
This book is Rock 'n' Roll ...

Meg, why don't you (view spoiler) I hope she does in the next one!!

I feel for Chris, poor guy.
C
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
‘Normal girl’ becomes PA to a ‘Wild Bad Boy’ type celebrity.

The main character, Meg is portrayed as naive when it comes to Johnny the wild-boy. It seems quite stereotypical. I mean, how can you fall for someone, and have sex with them multiple times when you see them basically doing it raw with a bunch of easy groupies and actually let them inside you again whilst they are doing this with them ?
Yet I am still inclined to see what happens despite these characters because parts of their cha
Bookworman
Nov 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, ew! Secondly, Meg SO needs an Al-Anon meeting! Can you say, "co-dependent" and "enabling", boys and girls???
Wendy Luvers
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Was a real pageturner.
God, how I screamed at Meg to turn away from that self-destrucive prick of a rockstar and go home with nice Christian instead. She's every woman trying to tame her Peter Pan.
Kelly Ashburn
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A bit predictable but I enjoyed reading it. Can't wait for the next installment.
TSN
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-music, 2017
This is a hard one!
At this time I have no idea if I want to give it a high or a low rating.

It was strange, and not at all what I expected! I mean there was NO romance. Well, they did have sex, about 75% in the book, but they sure weren't in love with each other.
While the ending is not exactly a cliffhanger, it's not really an ending either. You pretty much have to read the next book.
What it ends with, is a prelude to a love triangle, and I really really HATE love tr
Erin
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I first read this ages ago, after falling in love with Paige's style in her novel Chasing Daisy. At first I wasn't sure if I had read them in the wrong order, as Johnny Be Good feels as if it is almost a prequel to Chasing Daisy, it isn't necessary to read them in that order though - so don't worry!

I really liked the blurb - working for a celebrity, a really hot rock god no less, a fabulous relocation and the world of showbiz. What else could you ask for? Another male lead? Ok then,
Selena
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Paige Toon and can I just say I am in love??? This book has everything a good romance has, with angst and passion.

Meg (given the nickname Nutmeg by Johnny) is a girl who luckily lands a Personal Assistant job for Johnny. Johnny is a well know Rocker, who lives that Rocker life style - drugs, alcohol and groupies. Meg works for him and finds herself slowly falling for him and tries her best to help him. After a few months, she finally sleeps with him one nig

• I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • I Heart Hawaii (I Heart Series, Book 8)
  • One in a Million
  • I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • Billy and Me (Billy and Me, #1)
  • I'll Take New York
  • Some Kind of Wonderful
  • Fairytale of New York
  • Love, Rosie
  • Maybe This Time
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)
  • You're the One That I Want
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • Postscript (P.S. I Love You, #2)
  • Always With Love (Billy and Me, #2)
  • It Felt Like a Kiss
I was born in 1975 and my dad’s career as a racing driver meant that I grew up between Australia, England and America. I worked at heat magazine for eight years as Reviews Editor, but left to have a baby. I’m now a full-time author and freelance journalist. I live in North London with my husband Greg, son Indy and daughter Idha.

Johnny Be Good (2 books)
  • Baby Be Mine (Johnny Be Good, #2)