Start by marking “Dead Wrong (The Rho Agenda Inception #2)” as Want to Read:
Dead Wrong (The Rho Agenda Inception #2)

Dead Wrong

(The Rho Agenda: Inception #2)

After the riveting events of Once Dead, Jack “Ripper” Gregory remains host to a homicidal alien bound to his soul. Now Jack has been hired for a suicide mission: journey to South America and rescue an imprisoned shaman. One problem...both the National Security Agency and a gang of neo-fascists are hot on his trail.

Neither group plans to let Jack live.

At stake is the immeas

Published January 6th 2015 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about Dead Wrong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Wrong

Start your review of Dead Wrong (The Rho Agenda Inception #2)
Trish R.
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This was just as exciting as Once Dead. I mean, Jack killed so many bad guys and then when Janet joined him they just went nuts with the killing. Not that they didn’t deserve dying. They were all neo-Nazis, looking to take over the world, again.

And Anchanchu the mind worm is still inside Jack’s brain, trying to take over and make Jack a mindless killer. Wow, and Jack got so close to getting rid of Anchanchu. BUT it was a choice of getting rid of him or Jack and Janet dying in an explosion.

This
Koeur
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it

Publisher: 47 North

Publishing Date: January 2015

ISBN: 9781477825532

Genre: Fantasy

Rating: 3.0/5

Publisher Description: Ex-CIA assassin Jack Gregory has been hired for a singular mission: to journey to South America and rescue an imprisoned shaman. Beloved by the struggling masses and feared by the ruling elite, shaman Tupac Inti is destined to unite Bolivia’s indigenous people and bring down the corrupt government. But Jack isn’t the only one trying to tra
Cathy Ryan
The second of the Rho Agenda prequels centres around a very powerful and ancient Incan artefact known as the Sun Staff, formerly held by Pizzaro after conquering the Incan empire hundreds of years ago, now being hunted for the mystical and alien powers it’s believed to possess.

Tupac Inti, a shaman in the Quechua tribe, is currently in Palmasola prison, Bolivia. Only he knows the whereabouts of the Sun Staff. Jack Gregory has been hired to keep Tupac alive and out of the hands of an evil group of
Liezl Ruiz
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, thriller
Dead Wrong is a highly suspenseful book that moves along at a faster pace than the previous book, Once Dead. While the first half felt like watching your usual action film involving the CIA (NSA for this one), the second is like watching an Indiana Jones film.

Reviewed on: zirev.com

It is riveting especially when it involves a mysterious artifact that is wound with fractal patterns on its length that form a complex function for which scientists at NSA are compelled to find solutions to. Just how w
Melinda
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Good but not as Good as the First Rho Agenda

I think Jack Gregory, Super Spy is a fantastic character. Burdened by his parasite, he must force control over his impulses and emotions or the parasite will take control of him. Jack can shoot better, further and more accurately than anyone than Janet Price, his female Super Spy counterpart and romantic interest.

In this book, they work opposite ends of a job. He works for a Jewish Senator in Bolivia to free a native Shaman from prison. Janet is in de
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
I loved this second installment of the Rho Agenda Prequels, Jack is one of my favorite characters and I really like how we get to see how he becomes who he is with the prequels. I also love the audio versions and will be doing a re-read via audiobook on this one soon, the narrator on this series does a great job. The writing just sucks you in, my intention had been to read this over the course of 3 or 4 days and I finished it in a day, I could not bring myself to put the book down.

Can't wait for
Maria
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely more in the science fiction/fantasy line than the first in the series, although the first certainly had elements of it. I am finding Jack Gregory and Janet Price much more interesting as the series continues. For example, Jack is not always fool-proof in this one. He makes mistakes. And Janet has a more active role in the fighting. Also, Janet has doubts about Jack for the first time, although they appear to be going to work together (officially, at least) now. Before, Janet and Jack ...more
Jeff R Hawkins
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Starting to come together.

This second book of the second trilogy begins to pull together the pieces that I imagine will connect the underlying, "big picture" background of this trilogy with those of the first trilogy. I expect that the next book will place Jack's mind worm, Anchanchu, into its galactic context. Although there is no hint of it here, I wonder if it's somehow related to the fourth headset from the second ship. (Pure speculation on my part).
I read this book quickly because I was to
Emily G. Seanez
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another awesome book settling the stage for the next series.

I read the second series first, before I found this one. I loudly proclaimed that series was for young adult readers. This series seems seems to be written for older people. I have enjoyed all the ones I have read so it doesn't matter what age group(s) they are intended for.
John
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an interesting prequel to the RHO AGENDA trilogy. A lot of action, centered around an artifact known as the "Sun Staff". The development of the characters and their interaction bodes well for future books in the series. ...more
Fred Wagner
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More of a 4-1/2 but an upgrade since "downgraded" the previous book in the series. Quite enjoyed this novel. Actually had something resembling a sci-fi foundation though still relied very heavily upon the action-adventure / thriller genre. In this instance, however, the means to representing this literarily was done much better than prior. Also, and perhaps this is personal for me (though if I had been able to keep my mouth shut early in WWII and prior the SS and Hitler would've considered me pa ...more
Eric
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
so far the series is keeping great pace with its predecessor books. The writing is detailed and focused on a good storytelling craft. the descriptions of the tactical narrative is fairly accurate with loads of supporting and tactic.

The characters are believable and being more of the origins of jack and Janet for the future Rho books you really start to get a better picture of whats to come.

I liked it quite well, crunched it out really fast but thankfully there are more books to follow on with.
Sean
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Good to okay

There was some good action. Pretty good story. The attraction between the 2 main characters was cooll, but that cooled by the end. The staff assembly at the end was anti climactic. I wanted to see something magical happen. The rest of the final battle was good to okay. I wish they fought they're way out instead of being rescued. There were some goofy location names. Cochibamba? The villains lair sounded like a reggae dance. Next time try a sinister city name. This story felt a little
BridgetT
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, audible, kindle-book
So unexpectedly good!
A few days ago I started the RHO AGENDA 'The Second Ship'. But halfway through I discovered it was book #4 of the RHO triple trilogy series.
Even though The Second Ship had me totally engrossed, I decided to bookmark it until I read (listened to) the prequel trilogy.
SO GLAD I DID.
What a thriller ride.
Jack and Janet--such an explosive team. (In every sense of the word)
Government conspiracies.
An alien?
I could go on and on.
But - Now on to RHO #3.
Then back to the kids I met i
Diane Johnson
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
So far this is my least favorite Rho Agenda book by far (this is the fifth one I have read in the last two weeks). The combination of Nazis (not again!), mysticism, way too many descriptions of torture, and the entire chapters that were cut-and-pasted from Once Dead, made it much less fun to read than any of the other books. I am hoping that this is not a sign that the author has run out of ideas.

And Richard Phillips, what is your obsession with showers and baths? I swear the characters in all y
Carey
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just as exciting as the first book. More of what you've come to expect from Richard Philips. The back stories of Jack, Janet, and most of the support characters from the Rho Agenda series provides good character insight. However, the neo-Nazi/Sun Staff/Golden orb storyline was a little uneven in my opinion and somewhat underdeveloped but still an enjoyable Jack "the Ripper" Gregory romp nonetheless. ...more
Dave T
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great story in the trilogy.

In this trilogy the author appears to have written each story as a separate entity with no clear lead in to something to follow. I appreciate that because they can be read as individual novels. These books are so intense and so well written that I plan on reading all of them.
Laurence Brockman
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Small tweaks

The only reason this didn’t get a four or five star rating from me was due to the amount of cut and paste from book one. Similar character introductions or topics were almost cut from book one verbatim. As a reader of book one, it came across as lazy to have the same language pasted into book two. I would have loved to see slight differences, summarization, etc.
Tommy Mills
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exceeds in every way

Jack "the Ripper" Gregory and Janet Alexandria Price are back in action. This time they find themselves on opposite sides; Janet trying to prevent Jack from unknowingly screwing up an NSA mission. There's so many twists and the pace is breathtaking. Loved every breakneck minute of the ride.
June Finnigan
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again, I need time to think about reviewing this brilliant book!

I want to complete the series before writing,what will be a five star review. Richard takes my breath away with his incredible imagination and graphic imagery.
June Finnigan - Writer
SamGH
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

3rd book I’ve read with these characters, accidentally read 1st book of Rho agenda “The second ship” first... this Author keeps me wanting more, lucky for me he has lots of books! Happy times for me!!!
Robert Keefer
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jack "The Ripper" Gregory saves the world again, but much differently than the first book in this prequel trilogy. Also sets up the third volume, as we wonder how Jack will get together with Janet (which will happen, as seen in the Rho Agenda trilogy). ...more
Derek Vice
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
A fun addition to the series

Fun, easy reading with some interesting ideas. If you are on book two of the prequel trilogy you probably don’t need to know much except that if you enjoyed the others you’ll enjoy this one.
Peter WOOD
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Our male and female marauding do-gooders continue on their world saving adventures. Their life-work balance is deteriorating as less sex is replaced by more killing. Mostly a thrilling adventure with some fantasy and even some sci-fi thrown in. Off to read #3.
John R. Goyer
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book two of this series did not disappoint - both books have been close to perfect for my taste and mood I guess. I'm completely loving the characters and stories, and the endings have been just the right pace and closure to leave me satisfied. Good stuff - highly recommended! ...more
Kevin Handley
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
a bit too much detail and violence for my general reading interest. however, i am somewhat hooked to learn what happens next.
Michael Shanks
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars OUTSTANDING

2nd prequel to Rho Angela trilogy

Can't wait to start final book to this trilogy

Highly recommend

Top knotch as all have been
Kenneth Potts
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A terrific continuation of the first story. I can’t wait to read the third and last book in this series.
Anthony Jones
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jack is becoming one of my favorite characters to read aboutkeeps me wondering how he's going to continue to deal with his little ride along partner ...more
Sing
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read the complete series and liked them all. I rated all the books a 4 or 5 stars. I would recommend the series especially to a YA audience.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • Warrior King (Odyssey One, #5)
  • The Time Seer
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
  • Odysseus Awakening (Odyssey One, #6)
  • Odysseus Ascendant (Odyssey One #7)
  • King of Thieves (Odyssey One: Star Rogue #1)
  • Odyssey One (Odyssey One, #1)
  • Archangel Rising (Archangel One, #2)
  • BrainWeb
  • Zero Sum (John Rain, #9)
  • The Oncoming Storm (Angel in the Whirlwind, #1)
  • The Delphi Revolution (The Delphi Trilogy, #3)
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
  • A Pivot In Time (Alien Artifact Book 2)
  • Water Memory (Aubrey Sentro, #1)
  • Nemesis (First Colony, #2)

Richard Phillips is the million copy bestselling author of the Rho Agenda scifi series, the Jack 'The Ripper' Gregory series, and the epic fantasy series, The Endarian Prophecy. He is a retired Army Officer, West Point graduate, and has a Master of Science degree in Physics from the Naval Post Graduate School. H

The Rho Agenda: Inception (3 books)
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
  • Dead Shift (The Rho Agenda Inception #3)