Start by marking “The Trick to Landing (Oceanside High, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Trick to Landing (Oceanside High, #2)

The Trick to Landing

(Oceanside High #2)

When you wipe out in life, who helps you get back up again?

After a gnarly fall in competition, a DUI, and moving in with her mom dashed her hopes for a spot in this year's X Games, 16-year-old skateboarder Summer O'Neill is left with one last shot at redemption. But her fresh start is even harder than getting back on the half pipe: hours of community service, a party girl
Kindle Edition
Published February 16th 2016 by Bloomsbury Spark

To ask other readers questions about The Trick to Landing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trick to Landing

Jaime Arkin
I think I went in expecting a bit more from this story than I got.

The characters were seriously among my least favorite in the most recent reads that I can remember. The mother here was incredibly wishy-washy with Summer and by mid way through I even hated her.

I thought the topics broached were interesting but could have been done in a better way, and even Summer was a bit irritating for me.

I did enjoy Kaczorowski's writing so I'll probably check out more from her... this was just a miss for m
Samantha
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Well, that just happened. I'm not sure how I feel and I might write a longer review later when I can fully piece together everything that I liked and everything that slightly bothered me. For now, I give you this:

1. The romance was swoon worthy, adorable, and all around perfection
2. The characters were well developed, had obvious transformations, and were very complex.
3. The premise of the book was both interesting and original - plus it was executed very well.

BUT:

4. Summer, the protagonist, ann
✘Tabby✘
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, e-book, kindle, netgalley
Received from: Bloomsbury USA Children's Books
Received Via: NetGalley.com

THE REVIEW

Why this book?

It sounded like a book for me

What I thought
This was a decent book. I really liked the romance and the characters. Even though Summer could get annoying at times. The premise was very interesting. There also was some character growth throughout the book. With that said what bugged me was Summer's mother she wouldn't even give Summer a chance to become a better person even though she was trying so har
Harker
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.

I thought, from reading the description, that this would be a very interesting books. The characters sounded unique, fun, and like they'd have a good story.

I found both of the main characters, Summer and Bastian, to be one dimensional. They each had one, maybe two, things that defined them and that was it. In Summer's case, it was her X-Game aspirations; for Bastian, his hemophilia and photography. Even the photog
Vivi Mendoza
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, I fell in love with it after the second chapter. Summer is an interesting Skater Chick with a different past. She has moved to live with her mother. Meaning, a new school, new start, and having to make all new friends.
I found it irritating how untrusting Summer's mother was. Although, given Summer's past I don't blame the mom. I think how pushy Summer's mom is on her added into the interesting characteristics of Summer.
I liked Bastian. He is artsy and nerdy, but he is also rea
AlanaofOz
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the absolute pleasure to read this beautiful book at different stages in its life. Jenny's writing always paints a multidimensional picture of Oceanside life, complex girls and boys and pretty scenery. Together they make a fantastic read that is thoughtfully delivered. I love Summer and Bastian so much. I also love the side characters and the very real feeling parental characters. Jenny doesn't back down from shaping a kickbutt female lead or a beautiful but maybe slightly broken boy. If y ...more
Jenny Kaczorowski
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
I wrote this, so of course I love it!
T.J. Burns
I received a copy of this book from Bloomsbury USA Children's Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Amber
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It was an easy read that I had a hard time putting down! The story line was totally unique, and I loved the characters. Can't wait to read more by Jenny!!!
Exedrine
Apr 29, 2016
Nancy Jamison
Sep 21, 2016
Cait • A Page with a View
rated it did not like it
May 11, 2016
Sas
Dec 26, 2014
Brett Jonas
May 30, 2015
Alice (Alice's Book Vault)
Jan 30, 2016
Vanessa
Aug 16, 2014
Judith Tewes
Sep 07, 2014
Raised in Avon, Ohio, the duct tape capital of the world, Jenny began her writing career as a featured columnist for her hometown newspaper. After earning a degree in photojournalism from Kent State University, she vowed to never spend another winter in Ohio and moved to Los Angeles, where there is far too much sunshine.
Amid working as a grant writer for Sound Art, a non-profit that teaches music

Oceanside High (2 books)
  • The Art of Falling (Oceanside High, #1)