Start by marking “Bracing the Blue Line (Bracing for Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bracing the Blue Line (Bracing for Love, #1)

Bracing the Blue Line

(Bracing for Love #1)

Neil, Grant, and Winston are college hockey players and roommates in vastly different relationships that intertwine three stories into one.

Captain Neil Lawson wants to run for the hills when a one night stand shows up on his doorstep, pregnant with his baby. His past haunts him before fueling him into being a part of this girl and this baby’s lives, but it won’t be that ea
Kindle Edition
Published September 27th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Bracing the Blue Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bracing the Blue Line

Hillary
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I really enjoyed this book. I was worried about the plot following three different storylines, but the way it was written works so well. The story flows smoothly and I think the three storylines enhance each other.

I'll definitely be checking out more stories by Lindsay Paige.
Debbie
ummm.....well...that was an abrupt ending.....was really liking the story until that point...

This book is one that truly needs an epilogue!!!!!
Monika
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the storylines about the Hockey players. Easy to follow the stories. Thanks!
Amber Hodges
My friend, Kristalyn, introduced me to this author and I have to say she has me more and more hooked with every book from her I read. I wasn't sure how the three different point of views was going to go, but she nailed it. It flowed so well and didn't feel choppy at all.

I loved all 3 of the boys, but the one that I think I liked the most would be Neil. He was the one who had the biggest character change throughout the book. You got to watch him go from a man-whore who didn't have a heart to a lo
Kristalyn Thornock (The Sarcastic Palmtree)
At First Sight
Anyone that knows me even a little knows I love hockey! So, of course you can probably guess that this cover is one I wouldn't mind hanging on my future reading room wall in poster form! It fits the book so well and I absolutely love it!

Characters and Relationships
Bracing the Blue Line is written from 3 different male points of view, all telling the story of their own different relationship but at the same time telling one big story. It is in a word, genius!

Neil was a character I w
Carey Fletcher
Loved the characters!

To begin with I wasn’t sure I’d like three love stories in one book. But this worked! You got to know each of the guys so much that it was just a natural progression to tell about the romance in their life. I wasn’t so enthralled with all the names of the characters, but that’s not a big turnoff.

We meet Winston first and I immediately liked him. In the first chapter he’s lying next to Maddie and he nudges her with his knee. There was just something about this interaction th
Chelsy
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Bracing the Blue Line follows three college hockey players/roommates as they navigate through their respective romantic relationships with three great girls. The book rotates between first-person perspectives from the three (Neil, Grant, and Winston), which adds a nice touch to the storyline. The heroes/heroines all struggle with their own personal issues in as each of them journey to their respective HEAs.

I love Lindsay's books! This book was interesting as it cycled fluidly through the three b
Jackie Ziegler
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lindsey-paige, hockey
Wow! I was hooked from the get go. this story is about 4 college roommates (although Bo really doesn't get his own storyline he is in the entire book). It goes back and forth with Grant and Lucy, Maddie and Winston and Neil and Audra.

Grant and Lucy meet by accident, sorta.... Lucy has some dark secrets in her past and some very protective older brothers. Can Grant break through and show her true love?

Winston and Maddie have known each other forever. Maddie shows up out of the blue and announces
Aug 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay for me. I did like the uniqueness of having the book told from 3 different guys' perspectives, but I felt like it was too long. It was taking too long for things to progress in the book. I have read many books where a character has a secret but I felt like the reader should have known the secret in this book or it should not have been talked about so much while the reader was clueless. It was like being at a gathering where everyone is talking about something and you are in th ...more
Tabitha Jones
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! what a fantastic book. I am a true sports fan at heart (football my fave), but wow! I learned a lot about Ice Hockey in this book. The book takes place at college and the guys are all on the hockey team. It was really great reading a trio of the POV's. All of the young men had their own issues to deal with as well as studying
and playing hockey. Neil,Winston and Grant were not your ordinary college boys wanting to have a great time, but they were a bit more mature which was great to see fo
Michael Burhans
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, young-adult
I give this one 4.5 stars (When is Goodreads going to give a half star option???) An interesting book in that it is in some ways 3 separate short stories, but they intertwine, cross-pollinate, and lend support to each other. If not done skillfully this could have been a mishmash of competing plot points. It was, however, done with great skill and it made me wonder why I have not seen the same idea before.

3 stories, of 3 friends/teammates and their love lives. Each are different with different
Tiffany
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Despite the fact that this one had some issues and was a bit sappy and bland at times, I did enjoy it enough. It helped that it was 3 stories in one. Although each of Neil’s, Grant’s and Winston’s stories was different and interesting, I’m not sure that a book about only one of them would have worked as well. I’m also not sure how genuine the main characters’ voices were, since at times it didn’t seem believable that a college-age hockey-playing male would realistically think the way they did or ...more
MaJo Villavicencio
Well it wasn't what I expected, but let me thinking in hockey and in players... At the end I was looking for more pages, because... What the heck! How do you finish a book like this? I mean... You can't summarize four guys' lives in least than four pages.... And what about Bo??? I need to know more about him!! At first I thought that maybe the second book would be about him, but now I notice that the second book is about Corey!! I don't care this boy but ok, the author promises something nice so ...more
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bracing The Blue Line is the first book in the Bracing For Love series by Lindsay Paige. I absolutely love this author and her hockey romance books. This book had solid storyline that had me hooked from beginning to end. The characters in this book were well developed with depth, emotion and chemistry.. Loved how the author mixed three couples love stories into one book....truly a fabulous read!!!
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
I almost gave up on this book several times. Still not sure why I finished it. I was bored throughout the whole book. The only story line I even mildly cared about was Grant and Lucy. The writing was stilted and choppy. There was no depth at all. There was nothing that made me connect with any of the characters. I just didn't care. Sophomoric at best. Just blah.
Emily Seelye
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the different stories, and that the boys were the narrators. It would have been too confusing if the girls had been added to the mix. My favorite was Grants, but Winston/Maddie ha a good story, too. Bo was a great friend to Neil, but I was left wondering what's his story?
BJ
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
This is my first book that I have read by this author. I really enjoyed this book! I love reading about athletes of any kind. I enjoyed reading this from the 3 males POV, very different but it flowed well! Neil was my favorite character, very swoon worthy!
Oct 25, 2014 added it
Not one of Lindsay's best

I could not stand the any of the girl characters. The guys seemed weak and didn't really take up for themselves. The girls sort of pushed them into relationships that had no depth.
Karin
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Think this would have made a better trilogy. I would have liked to have had more of each individual story.
Frances Hernandez
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Ok read

I give this book a 3.5 star.
I really enjoyed reading it. I love me each and every character in this book. Will be telling some of my friends about this book.
Dano Constantino
Awesome! Great book I love It!
Gabriela
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me encanto este libro!
Rebecca Barber
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book!

Curious to know more about Bo though... Loved the Maddie, dave, wins ton triangle!!
Lauren
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book and was disappointed it had to end. Loved that it was from 3 guys POVs and loved all of them
Verónica
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No tenia muchas expectativas, pero me gustaron los tres personajes fueron fáciles de leer que tenían historias que te mantenían atrapada.
Shari Lanter graff
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute ....

Not the best hockey romance I have read but it was ok. I had to finish to find out what happen- nothing to exciting but some sweet parts
Nicole Salgado C.
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to read more...
Amber Goddard
Jan 06, 2019
Gina
Oct 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Logan (Saven #1.5)
  • Arrows & Angels
  • Fairly Certain (Love of Fairs #1)
  • The Weight of Guilt
  • All The Things We Found (River Valley Lost & Found, #2)
  • How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You (How to Survive High School)
  • Ascension
  • Poison Tree (Reflection Pond, #2)
  • The Bride of Glass (Glass Vault, #2)
  • Something About Love
  • Nowhere to Run
  • Emergence (The Infernal Guard, #1)
  • Her Perfect Game (Hot & Nerdy, #2)
  • Only A Kiss
  • Waiting for Romeo (Romeo, #2)
  • The Breakup Support Group
  • Extra Credit
  • My Soul Immortal (Fated Eternals, #1)
Lindsay Paige is the author of multiple Young Adult, New Adult, and Sports romances. She also enjoys writing books with characters who deal with anxiety and depression, issues which are close to her heart. Lindsay is a North Carolinian who loves watching hockey, sharing puns, having conversations with her miniature Schnauzer, rewatching episodes of M*A*S*H, and living her dream of writing books fo ...more

Bracing for Love (2 books)
  • Nepenthe (Bracing for Love, #2)
“It's something else, isn't it? It's like suffering from pure bliss, only it's the best way to suffer.” 0 likes