Start by marking “Paper Hearts (The Heartbreaker Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Paper Hearts (The Heartbreaker Chronicles, #2)

Paper Hearts (The Heartbreakers Chronicles #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  1,543 Ratings  ·  219 Reviews
“When I met Alec Williams, I nearly fainted. Totally embarrassing, but how often does a regular girl get to meet a famous heartthrob?”

Felicity has been living in the shadow of her best friend Lucy since they were kids. But things change when she is introduced to a quiet guy named Alec. At first Felicity is intimidated by his fame, but as the two grow closer she starts to r
ebook
Published 2014 by Wattpad

The Bad Boy's Girl by Blair HoldenThe Bad Boy, Cupid & Me by Slim_ShadyMy Life with the Walter Boys by Ali NovakI Sold Myself To The Devil For Vinyls... Pitiful I Know by DarknessAndLightThe Cell Phone Swap by Lindsey Summers
Wattpad
637 books — 892 voters
Storm and Silence by Robert ThierIn the Eye of the Storm by Robert ThierThe Bad Boy Stole My Bra by Cherry_Cola_XThe Bad Boy's Girl by Blair HoldenThe Cell Phone Swap by Lindsey Summers
Popular Wattpad Books
94 books — 216 voters

More lists with this book...

Maureen
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars
This was definitely better than the first book in this kind-of series, mostly because I liked these characters SO MUCH MORE.
Alec is a much better and more intriguing love interest and I related to Felicity a lot (mainly because she's a redhead WHATEVER). Their story was just a lot more interesting which made the plot more interesting, and I loved Felicity really realizing what she wanted for her future outside of what she thought was expected of her.
I really loved Alec's character in
bookaholic_kim
I blame my high expectations for being disappointed with this book. I enjoyed Heartbreakers so much especially the characters and one of my fave is Alec so I was really excited to read Paper Hearts.

Paper hearts was a let down for me for various reasons:
1. The progress is so slow. There were a lot of scenes which I think were not relevant.
2. It was not written in Alec’s POV. Alec is the silent type and mysterious so it could have been better if it was written in his POV. Dual POV is better too
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Ugh. After being sorta surprised (in a good way) by the first book, I am decidedly unimpressed with this companion novel. It was overkill and boring and I never sensed the romantic connection. And this time, the only band member who didn't annoy me was Alec. I'm assuming there's going to be a book for each Heartbreaker, but I don't think I care to see the series through...
Peri June
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-challenge
3.5
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
Paper Hearts is the second book in Ali Novak's The Heartbreaker Chronicles, but can be read as a standalone. The Heartbreakers are a band and each book focuses on a different couple but we do see the characters from the previous book. I really loved the first book in the series, and was really excited when I saw that the second book was finally out, especially since it includes a road trip. I love road trip stories! Unfortunately, I didn't think this one lived up to the first book.

I didn't feel
Nancy The book junkie
Review to come!
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Paper Hearts was a quick and entertaining book! The characters were all charming and fun to read about. Some of the antics and drama in this book were a bit silly and hard to believe. I felt like a lot of the things that happened in this book would never actually happen. However, it was still fun to read it about when I wasn't thinking too hard about how crazy some of the things seemed. It was a fun escape for a fangirl like myself.

This book really focused on Felicity, the main character, and h
Dee☾
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
gave up. This book was too slow and a bit silly. I didn't even like Felicity's friends was a bit annoyed when they invited themselves along on this road trip. Felicity was boring, Alec was shy and though I love shy types, it didn't grab my attention enough.
Bárbara
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I can write a proper review, no matter how much I wish I could, because this book deserves everything and more- just so I can be able to give back some of the happiness it gave me.

This was way too adorable for me to handle. I literally had to put the thing down a few times to be able to calm myself down and focus enough to continue reading.

I really loved book 1- it was such a pleasant surprise cause it exceeded my expectations. But this one, given how closer to my heart it felt (
Britt
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Heartbreakers is one of my favorite contemporary novels, so when I found out there was a sequel with Alec, I almost freaked. Alec was my favorite character in the first book and I fell in love with him even more in this one. He is the sweetest man with such great manners and a soft personality. Felicity was a great partner for him. She's been through a lot when it comes to her family -- enough to sound like a daytime soap opera. But she still hangs out and fights through. She's very passiona ...more
Taylor
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ali Novak continues to enchance us in this sequel!!!!

I am completely over taken with the mood of this book and am continuously connected phrases from the book to my life! Suddently, all I want is a romance with a comfortable yet intriguing silence!

Every chapter, an exciting one or not, keeps you on the edge of your seat. I didn't think it was possible, but Ali Novak has topped the first book with this amazing sequel!!
Kira Simion
Aug 01, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: gift-or-won
I won this in a giveaway from Gabby from her blog What's Beyond Forks! Thank you so much Gabby! :D
I can't wait to see it in my hands! :3
Tangled N Books
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet cute teenage romance
Gabby
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for sending me this book in exchange for an honest review!!

Paper Hearts, the second book in the Heartbreaker chronicles, is a quick, cute and fun summer read. It's a fun contemporary, with road trips, music and a solid friendship group.

Despite that, sometimes the cliches got too much. Not too mention that when the truth behind the big mystery was a bit of a disappointment. But, overall, it was a good read, I enjoyed it and will continue on with the Heartbr
Christina
Loved this. Even more than Heartbreakers.

So Alec is totally my favorite character in all of ever (well, maybe not, but he is the silent and broody type and I'm totally in love). I would happily read another novel about him and Felicity. This was adorable, and even if the next novel in this series has nothing to do with the two of them, I really hope it features them at some point. Kind of like how we did see some of Oliver and Stella in this one.

In short, definitely going to read more by Ali Nov
Lannie Dasal
The Heartbreakers had been a very cute and quick read for me. Not only had I thought all of the characters were adorable with their own little quirks, but I wanted more about everyone. Sadly, Paper Hearts doesn't go much further into the Heartbreakers' world like I wanted this sequel to. Instead, we're mainly focusing on this new character and her soap-opera-esque life.

Now, usually I'm down with a lil' cliche or unrealism. My problem with the plot and drama in Paper Hearts is that most of these
Read InAGarden
Felicity meets boy band-er Alec at a charity ball and is instantly smitten. Then Felicity finds out that her mother has been hiding letters from her for the past four years. These letters are from her sister who she thought was missing. Felicity decides to go on a road trip to find her sister and Alec drives her. Over the course of the short trip they fall in love but Felicity is worried that she can't trust someone as famous as Alec.
Angelica
Real Rating: 2.5

Ok, so admittedly, I went into this book without having read its predecessor, The Heartbreakers. So, as you can imagine, I did not know who the Heartbreakers were or what had happened before Felicity showed up. But, since this is more of a companion novel, or so I’ve been told, I don’t think it had anything to do with my enjoyment of the novel. That said, all of my opinions come from reading this book alone.

Now, to the review.

I recently read a book, Songs About a Girl, by Chris
MsArdychan
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please Note: I received an advanced reader's copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This did not influence the opinion of my review in any way.

Isn't it fun to think of what would happen if you actually got to meet a famous musician like Harry Styles or Shawn Mendes (or John Travolta or Michael Jackson in their prime for someone my age!)? Are heartthrobs actually like regular people, or are they impossibly full of themselves?

That's the premise for Paper Hearts, by Ali Novak. This is
Susi
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recensione presente anche sul book blog Bookish Advisor http://bookishadvisor.blogspot.it

Divertente, romantico, spensierato, emozionante, elettrizzante, accattivante ovvero tutto quello che rende Cuori di carta, secondo volume della serie The Heartbreakers, la quintessenza della perfetta lettura estiva.

È passato quasi un anno dalla lettura del primo volume delle serie della Novak e avevo paura di non riuscire ad entrare in sintonia con la storia o amarla quanto e come aveva fatto con il primo vo
Kathy
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Not as good as the first book in the series but fun to revisit these characters.

content: kissing, language including 1 use of the f word, some crude humor, sex is talked about but there is no scene.
Samidha Kalia
I actually heard the audio book for this and there was something massively sad about the voice of the narrator that just made this light read seem so depressing.

I don't doubt that it had potential but the tone just put me off and somehow I finished this.
alice (arctic books)
PAPER HEARTS was a quick, fluffy, and cute contemporary romance that dealt a lot with familial ties and friendships. This novel reminded me a lot of a Wattpad romance, something that you know is filled with several clichés but so enticing that you can't seem to put it down.

Felicity was a pretty well-written character, and she felt pretty relatable to me. I will say that she was a bit clueless at times, but it was understandable considering her family history. I found that her development throug
Caroline
Full Review on The Blog
www.carolineandrus.com/blog

This story is as cute as that cover. For any fangirl who dreamed of falling into a romance with the singer/actor/celebrity of their tween fantasies, this is the book for you. I mean, there's more depth to that, but really, it's full of all those feels.

I need to get my hands on the first book in this series soon, because this one was too cute to not read the whole series.
Makayla Pope
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Personal Response
Paper Hearts was a really great book. I loved how it was about another band member of the Heartbreakers, other than Oliver. I really hope that there will be books about JJ and Xander because I really want to read a story about each of them falling in love. My favorite part about this book was the ending because it made me so happy that Felicity found Rose and that Alec and Felicity fell in love. I also really liked how Stella was included in this book too because the first book
CrazyForRomance
Quattro stelle e mezzo.
Finalmente siamo arrivati a conoscere meglio un altro membro dei The Heartbrekers, giovane band che abbiamo già imparato ad amare nel primo libro. Stavolta è il turno di Alec, il bassista biondo che fa strage di cuori.
Facciamo la sua conoscenza attraverso gli occhi di Felicity, la protagonista di diciassette anni decisa ad andare a tutti i costi a Stanford. La sua vita non è stata facile, il padre ha abbandonato la famiglia quando era piccola, da quel momento per loro è st
Carole
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5/5

Après avoir découvert et adoré il y a plusieurs mois, le premier tome de Heartbreakers sur Stella et Oliver, je ne pouvais pas passer à côté de cette suite (tome compagnon) sur Alec et Felicity. A son arrivée, je ne me suis pas posée de question j'ai foncé. Une fois de plus, j'ai adoré.

Dans ce second tome, nous faisons la rencontre de Felicity. A 17 ans elle travaille déjà dans le but d'intégrer l'université d'Harvard. Depuis 4 ans, sa soeur est parti
Floriana Amoruso
Per quanto diffida o meglio parta sempre prevenuta nei confronti di un romanzo new adult, puntualmente mi ritrovo io stessa a volare con la fantasia e la memoria dei bei tempi passati, quando avevo pressappoco l'età dei protagonisti. Poster delle band o dell'artista del momento, che tappezzavano la mia camera, pensare di incontrare per puro caso e magari... quindi mi piacciono queste storie.
Felicity è una ragazza che potremmo definire con la testa sulle spalle, soprattutto da quando sua sorella
Taylor N
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PERSONAL RESPONSE:
Paper Hearts by Ali Novak was a fantastic read. It was one of my favorite books. The author did an amazing job developing the characters. The emotions were very strong in this books. I did not want to put this book down.

PLOT:
The main events in Paper Hearts were about a teenage girl trying to find her sister along with the help of a few friends. Felicity always wondered why her older sister ran away. She thought it was all her fault, but her mom knew the truth and kept it hidde
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
read full review HERE

description

I’ve read The Heartbreakers a long time ago – almost 2 years ago! -, but I was very excited to revisit the band, and this book didn’t disappoint 🙂 .

It didn’t take me any time at all to get into the world of the band, and I just love how the guys all fit together. This is definitely my favorite teen band in books, and the guys just truly feel like family and friends. It’s a great written dynamic.

I liked the two main characters, but I did have some issues with Felicity, especi
  • Control (Kardia Chronicles, #2)
  • Playing with Fire (Slayers, #3)
  • Off the Ice (Juniper Falls, #1)
  • All the Crooked Saints
  • The Secret Treasons
  • Unbroken (The Reaper Diaries, #3)
  • Honestly Ben (Openly Straight, #2)
  • Havoc (Mayhem, #4)
  • Bad Company (Summer Love, #2)
  • I'll Protect You
  • The End of Our Story
  • Untitled (The Fine Art of Pretending #3)
  • The Upside of Unrequited
  • Take the Key and Lock Her Up (Embassy Row, #3)
  • Hopeless Wanderer
  • Split the Sun (Inherit the Stars #2)
  • The Names They Gave Us
  • Overdrive
Ali Novak is a Wisconsin native and graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s creative writing program. She started writing her debut novel My Life with the Walter Boys when she was only fifteen, and since then, her work has received more than 130 million hits online. When she isn’t writing, Ali enjoys Netflix marathons and traveling with her husband Jared. You can follow Ali on Twitter, I ...more
More about Ali Novak

The Heartbreakers Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1)
  • Heartstrings (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #3)
“He was quiet for the rest of our stroll, which I appreciated. I knew he was trying to figure out what to say to cheer me up, and his company alone was enough to comfort me. By the time we reached the end of the street, the anger and confusion pumping through my system had run its course, and only then did I realize that one of my hands was still clutched in his. I” 4 likes