Start by marking “Paper Hearts (The Heartbreaker Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Paper Hearts (The Heartbreaker Chronicles, #2)

Paper Hearts

(The Heartbreakers Chronicles #2)

“When I met Alec Williams, I nearly fainted. Totally embarrassing, but how often does a regular girl get to meet a famous heartthrob?”

Felicity has been living in the shadow of her best friend Lucy since they were kids. But things change when she is introduced to a quiet guy named Alec. At first Felicity is intimidated by his fame, but as the two grow closer she starts to r
ebook
Published 2014 by Wattpad

The Bad Boy's Girl by Blair HoldenThe Bad Boy, Cupid & Me by Slim_ShadyMy Life with the Walter Boys by Ali NovakI Sold Myself To The Devil For Vinyls... Pitiful I Know by DarknessAndLightThe Cell Phone Swap by Lindsey Summers
Wattpad
668 books — 911 voters
Storm and Silence by Robert ThierIn the Eye of the Storm by Robert ThierThe Bad Boy Stole My Bra by Cherry_Cola_XThe Bad Boy's Girl by Blair HoldenThe Cell Phone Swap by Lindsey Summers
Popular Wattpad Books
107 books — 226 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Paper Hearts (The Heartbreaker Chronicles, #2)
Ashley Nuckles
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reread because I’d read this on wattpad years ago and wanted to relive the nostalgia lol. I loved these books as a teen and they still make me smile!
Maureen
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars
This was definitely better than the first book in this kind-of series, mostly because I liked these characters SO MUCH MORE.
Alec is a much better and more intriguing love interest and I related to Felicity a lot (mainly because she's a redhead WHATEVER). Their story was just a lot more interesting which made the plot more interesting, and I loved Felicity really realizing what she wanted for her future outside of what she thought was expected of her.
I really loved Alec's character in
Syndi
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF

I can not. Just can not. Too juvenile.

DNF
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Ugh. After being sorta surprised (in a good way) by the first book, I am decidedly unimpressed with this companion novel. It was overkill and boring and I never sensed the romantic connection. And this time, the only band member who didn't annoy me was Alec. I'm assuming there's going to be a book for each Heartbreaker, but I don't think I care to see the series through...
bookaholic_kim
I blame my high expectations for being disappointed with this book. I enjoyed Heartbreakers so much especially the characters and one of my fave is Alec so I was really excited to read Paper Hearts.

Paper hearts was a let down for me for various reasons:
1. The progress is so slow. There were a lot of scenes which I think were not relevant.
2. It was not written in Alec’s POV. Alec is the silent type and mysterious so it could have been better if it was written in his POV. Dual POV is better too
Dee☾
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
gave up. This book was too slow and a bit silly. I didn't even like Felicity's friends was a bit annoyed when they invited themselves along on this road trip. Felicity was boring, Alec was shy and though I love shy types, it didn't grab my attention enough.
Julie
Paper Hearts is the second book in Ali Novak's The Heartbreaker Chronicles, but can be read as a standalone. The Heartbreakers are a band and each book focuses on a different couple but we do see the characters from the previous book. I really loved the first book in the series, and was really excited when I saw that the second book was finally out, especially since it includes a road trip. I love road trip stories! Unfortunately, I didn't think this one lived up to the first book.

I didn't feel
Lexy
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was a pretty good book but the first one was better so I going to David 4 star rating
Bárbara
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I can write a proper review, no matter how much I wish I could, because this book deserves everything and more- just so I can be able to give back some of the happiness it gave me.

This was way too adorable for me to handle. I literally had to put the thing down a few times to be able to calm myself down and focus enough to continue reading.

I really loved book 1- it was such a pleasant surprise cause it exceeded my expectations. But this one, given how closer to my heart it felt (
Ambriehl Khalil
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
⭐️ [2.5] ⭐️

I just wanted something fun and flirty like the first one but I didn’t even get that 😥
Britt
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Heartbreakers is one of my favorite contemporary novels, so when I found out there was a sequel with Alec, I almost freaked. Alec was my favorite character in the first book and I fell in love with him even more in this one. He is the sweetest man with such great manners and a soft personality. Felicity was a great partner for him. She's been through a lot when it comes to her family -- enough to sound like a daytime soap opera. But she still hangs out and fights through. She's very passiona ...more
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Paper Hearts was a quick and entertaining book! The characters were all charming and fun to read about. Some of the antics and drama in this book were a bit silly and hard to believe. I felt like a lot of the things that happened in this book would never actually happen. However, it was still fun to read it about when I wasn't thinking too hard about how crazy some of the things seemed. It was a fun escape for a fangirl like myself.

This book really focused on Felicity, the main character, and h
Samantha (WLABB)
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

A little heavier than the first one, but still had an adorable romance, and I was excited to see Alec get his HEA.

We got to attend a couple of black-tie affairs, as well as go on a road trip, which is always a good idea. In-between, there was some physical and soul searching, some uncovering of secrets, and some fun with the rest of the Heartbreakers.

BLOG | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS

Taylor
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ali Novak continues to enchance us in this sequel!!!!

I am completely over taken with the mood of this book and am continuously connected phrases from the book to my life! Suddently, all I want is a romance with a comfortable yet intriguing silence!

Every chapter, an exciting one or not, keeps you on the edge of your seat. I didn't think it was possible, but Ali Novak has topped the first book with this amazing sequel!!
Tangled N Books
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet cute teenage romance
Kira Simion
Aug 01, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: gift-or-won
I won this in a giveaway from Gabby from her blog What's Beyond Forks! Thank you so much Gabby! :D
I can't wait to see it in my hands! :3
Gabby
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for sending me this book in exchange for an honest review!!

Paper Hearts, the second book in the Heartbreaker chronicles, is a quick, cute and fun summer read. It's a fun contemporary, with road trips, music and a solid friendship group.

Despite that, sometimes the cliches got too much. Not too mention that when the truth behind the big mystery was a bit of a disappointment. But, overall, it was a good read, I enjoyed it and will continue on with the Heartbreake
Christina
Loved this. Even more than Heartbreakers.

So Alec is totally my favorite character in all of ever (well, maybe not, but he is the silent and broody type and I'm totally in love). I would happily read another novel about him and Felicity. This was adorable, and even if the next novel in this series has nothing to do with the two of them, I really hope it features them at some point. Kind of like how we did see some of Oliver and Stella in this one.

In short, definitely going to read more by Ali Nov
Sophia
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Nope. The ending was underwhelming, her personality is dull, and the love interest is too quick to please the main character. Barely better than the first book. 1.7 stars.
Lannie Dasal
The Heartbreakers had been a very cute and quick read for me. Not only had I thought all of the characters were adorable with their own little quirks, but I wanted more about everyone. Sadly, Paper Hearts doesn't go much further into the Heartbreakers' world like I wanted this sequel to. Instead, we're mainly focusing on this new character and her soap-opera-esque life.

Now, usually I'm down with a lil' cliche or unrealism. My problem with the plot and drama in Paper Hearts is that most of these
Read InAGarden
Felicity meets boy band-er Alec at a charity ball and is instantly smitten. Then Felicity finds out that her mother has been hiding letters from her for the past four years. These letters are from her sister who she thought was missing. Felicity decides to go on a road trip to find her sister and Alec drives her. Over the course of the short trip they fall in love but Felicity is worried that she can't trust someone as famous as Alec.
Angelica
Real Rating: 2.5

Ok, so admittedly, I went into this book without having read its predecessor, The Heartbreakers. So, as you can imagine, I did not know who the Heartbreakers were or what had happened before Felicity showed up. But, since this is more of a companion novel, or so I’ve been told, I don’t think it had anything to do with my enjoyment of the novel. That said, all of my opinions come from reading this book alone.

Now, to the review.

I recently read a book, Songs About a Girl, by Chr
MsArdychan
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please Note: I received an advanced reader's copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This did not influence the opinion of my review in any way.

Isn't it fun to think of what would happen if you actually got to meet a famous musician like Harry Styles or Shawn Mendes (or John Travolta or Michael Jackson in their prime for someone my age!)? Are heartthrobs actually like regular people, or are they impossibly full of themselves?

That's the premise for Paper Hearts, by Ali Novak. This is
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
A Wattpad originated series, Paper Hearts by Ali Novak is the sequel to The Heartbreakers , following Felicity as she uncovers a family secret and goes on a spontaneous road trip shortly after meeting Alec from The Heartbreakers, a wildly popular boy band.

Although cheesy and unrealistic, I adored The Heartbreakers and loved every second reading the first novel where readers get a glimpse of the band members, including Alec. With the sequel however, I was hoping to learn more about Alec, but i
Juliana Mae
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Paper Hearts was great. I’ve read the first book in the series and found it was nice to revisit the Heartbreakers in this sequel. The strong bond they have and their comfort level with each other was a good refresher. It was soothing to get a taste of the band’s boyish youth and the playfulness they share with each other. I also enjoyed Felicity’s story of her lost and found sister. I love how her sister is so independent and has so much spunk, yet you can tell she’s grown since Felicity’s s ...more
Kathy
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Not as good as the first book in the series but fun to revisit these characters.

content: kissing, language including 1 use of the f word, some crude humor, sex is talked about but there is no scene.
Samidha; समिधा
I actually heard the audio book for this and there was something massively sad about the voice of the narrator that just made this light read seem so depressing.

I don't doubt that it had potential but the tone just put me off and somehow I finished this.
alice (arctic books)
PAPER HEARTS was a quick, fluffy, and cute contemporary romance that dealt a lot with familial ties and friendships. This novel reminded me a lot of a Wattpad romance, something that you know is filled with several clichés but so enticing that you can't seem to put it down.

Felicity was a pretty well-written character, and she felt pretty relatable to me. I will say that she was a bit clueless at times, but it was understandable considering her family history. I found that her development throug
Boundless Book Reviews
Felicity has come to a realization about someone in her family. A secret that has been hidden from her for quite some time. So naturally, she decides to take a road trip with her new friend. I wanted to really love this book. But it fell a little flat.

The first book in this series, The Heartbreakers I absolutely loved. It’s one of my favorites from last year. That being said, when I saw this. I wanted it and jumped right in. But I was a little disappointed. It didn’t have the magic that the fir
Caroline
Full Review on The Blog
www.carolineandrus.com/blog

This story is as cute as that cover. For any fangirl who dreamed of falling into a romance with the singer/actor/celebrity of their tween fantasies, this is the book for you. I mean, there's more depth to that, but really, it's full of all those feels.

I need to get my hands on the first book in this series soon, because this one was too cute to not read the whole series.

• On the Fence
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • The Distance Between Us
  • Lucky in Love
  • The Fill-In Boyfriend
  • P.S. I Like You
  • Along for the Ride (Along for the Ride, #1)
  • By Your Side
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • Maybe This Time
  • Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss (Love, Life, and the List, #2)
  • Living with the Walker Boys
  • The Practice Boyfriend
  • The Upside of Falling
  • Love, Life, and the List (Love, Life, and the List, #1)
  • Catching Jordan
  • Coming Up for Air
  • Announcing Trouble
Ali Novak is a Wisconsin native and a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s creative writing program. She started writing her debut novel My Life with the Walter Boys when she was only fifteen. Her work has received more than 150 million reads online.

When she isn’t writing, Ali enjoys Netflix marathons, traveling with her husband Jared, and reading any type of fantasy novel she can get

The Heartbreakers Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1)
  • Heartstrings (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #3)