Start by marking “Fading Away (Anchored Hearts Vol. 2.5)” as Want to Read:
Fading Away (Anchored Hearts Vol. 2.5)

Fading Away (Anchored Hearts #2.5)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Can our love heal the wounds that consume us?
Or will the past leave your soul Fading Away?

Cal is fighting for his life and for his love. Never wanting to settle down until he found her, his baby doll. Her secrets left him bleeding on the floor and comatose. He’ll fight for her, no matter the cost. But what if that means committing murder?

Jane almost lost everything she n
Published by J.M. Witt Books (first published September 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Fading Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fading Away

Estelle Martinez
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have received an ARC of Fading Away let me start of by saying WOW Calvin holy hotness we need more of him in the world! Loved this book from the first line to the very end could not put it down!!!

This book is based on Cal and jane journey. They have some big demons to overcome
And secrets that need to be revealed. Calvin always the protector takes his job very serious. One thing we have seen from the previous books is he loves deeply and is not afraid to show it.

Jane is dea
Lisa
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given an arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Holy friggen cheese and crackers!! I feel like JM Witt out does herself with each book. Just when I think, 'Ok, she can't top that last book'... she does!!

This book continues with Cal and Jane's story. If you read 'Letting Go of You', this book starts with Cal still in the hospital. I love how JM Witt back tracks with each book so we can see into the lives of the different couples.

Cal is protective, by nature, and he is feeling v
Heather
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*sigh* Cal and Jane.

As much as I love Cassidy and James, I think Jane and Cal are my favorite couple in this series. Though things are definitely not easy for them, it feels like more external circumstances that come at them VS internal with James. It just doesn’t feel as hard for them to be together as it does for Cassidy and James when James is being difficult (putting it gently).

One thing I love about Cal and Jane’s stories (the .5s) is that they run along the same time line as Cassidy and Ja
C.M. Johnson
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When secrets intrude can anyone win?
Another 5-star read in this series: Fading Away is well worth the time you’ll spend hidden away to finish it, just like the rest of the Anchored Hearts series.
If you’re following the series, you know that there are two relationships we’re watching: One is flourishing and the other seems to be imploding. Through the changing perspective of the “Letting Go” half and the “Away” half of the Anchored Hearts series we’re treated to both the inner and outer view of b
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Jane and Cal' s story continues and we get to witness the immense love they have for each other. Cal' s protective side is at the forefront of everything he does and he proves that he won't allow anything to happen to those he loves. Jane still holds on tight to some secrets and is afraid to reveal them. She is strong and wants to get over her recent trauma, but always at Cal' s side and with his help.

Their scenes together are so full of love, sweetness, and an intense chemistry. Cal can be a sw
Tina Lee Harris
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This was my first book by Author JM Witt but will not be my last. I enjoyed her way of writing and the way the words just seem to flow from the pages at me. I was so caught up in the book that when I read the last sentences, I needed more. I have to know what is going to happen to James and Cassidy.

The story was focused on the relationship between Cal and Jane. As Cal has proven to Jane that he will take a bullet to save her, will Cal be able to handle all of Jane’s secrets? Is the love
Marina (Living In Our Own Story)
Amazing book with a lot of romance, suspense and heartbreak that will leave you glued to your seat until you finish.

Fading Away is the fourth book in J.M. Witt’s series Anchored Hearts and continues the story of Cal and Jane (the book starts where Hiding Away left off).

Even though Cassidy and James are my favorite characters from this series, I do have a soft spot for Cal and Jane. Cal’s protectiveness of the people he loves is shown numerous times in this book. His support of Jane when she is d
Books&Dreams
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing

photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

Can our love heal the wounds that consume us?
Or will the past leave your soul Fading Away?

Jane almost lost everything she never knew she needed. Some of her secrets revealed, but not all. Nightmares consume her, but so does her love for Cal. Will
Karen Hrdlicka
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each book that JM Witt writes is better than the one before. The writing is tighter, the characters develop more layers and the passion is hotter. Throughout her Anchored Hearts series, she has honed her craft well. Fading Away is no exception to her pattern. I will admit, that as much as I like James and Cassidy's story; I have a huge soft spot for Cal. He has it all. He's strong, loyal, fiercely protective and a romantic at heart. Add all that to his sex appeal and you have the perfect man, in ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fading Away is part of the Anchored Hearts series. You should at least read Hiding Away first. If you read Hiding Away, you know we where left with a crazy cliffhanger. Finding Away starts where Hiding Away left off.

Wow, this one starts right off pulling at heart strings. Jane isn't sure how Cal is at first and thinks the worst, I thought the worst too. Cal is an amazing character. Both he and Jane are strong.

Their relationship is not easy and they have added things to deal with in this book. J
Tami czenkus
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever connected with a series so much that it seems real?.......
The Anchored Hearts series by J.M Witt is that Series for me.
J.M throws twists and turns at you at EVERY blink. The Love between Cal and Jane is impenetrable. Jane's past is still threatening to ruin that happiness, but Cal will do anything to make certain that doesn't happen.
Follow the conclusion of Cal and Jane's story and see if they can finally make it to their Happily ever after........... Or is it NOT meant to be?
Wil
Monique
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book I love the romance has a bit of drama and it also has some action only thing is that it felt like deja vu because I had just read the previous book two months ago so It kind of repeats itself just from different characters point of views. But the book still gives you more insight on the other characters and that's what I love I really enjoy reading about Cal and Jane who doesn't like a police officer who is strong very protective of the ones he loves and who is romanti ...more
Rebecca
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-reviewed
Cal and Jane!!! Sigh....what to say about a couple that just can't seem to catch a break! They are meant for each other but Jane has skeletons that she isn't ready to let out of the closet. That's causing a rift between the two of them but Cal is persistent in breaking down the "closet" door. The honey scene is TOO HOT for words! TRUST ME!!

I sure did about have a stroke at the ending of the last book and thought I was going to die before I found out what happened with Cal. I am so honored to rea
The Book Fairy Reviews
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fighting demons and secrets will always put a strain on a relationship and that is what our Calvin and Jane have to deal with. They have to learn to overcome them in order to be pin the lives they are trying to create.
We also have James and Cassidy fighting to move on and love on another as well. But when the past comes into haunt her will Cassidy fall or will James prevail. This book is exciting ad heart breaking all in one I love every word written and every minute of missed sleep and total sp
Tracey Marec
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
J.M. Witt has made this series a part of my life. Every time I hear a specific song I think of Cal and Jane, when I see a couple off to the side of a restaurant or snuggling and being cute I think of Cal and Jane. These two are embedded into my brain and senses.

Cal and Jane have such an intense and passionate love for each other. They can't keep their hands to themselves and have some smoking hot and panty melting love scenes. They will make you want to stock your cabinets with all sorts of goo
Elaine
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
J.M., I love how your love for writing flows. Cal and Jane are one of my favorite couples. Jane is desperate for Cal to come back to her, she has finally found the love of her life and he is in a coma, will their love for each other over come the problems that they have had or will it ruin them. I love that everything really does work out for them in the end. But now they have to wait for their HEA, until the next book...:D
Keep up the good work, I can't wait until your next book comes out...And
Susan
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series from the first chapter of the first book, and this latest installment of the Anchored Hearts series did not disappoint! Ms. Witt's writing is smooth and her storytelling engaging. I was more a Team JB3 gal, but Cal is so sweet and makes it hard not to fall in love with him. A lot of books in this genre have characters that annoy me, but with this series I can't help but love them all!
Raquel Auriemma
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Need Book 3 ASAP

I am so wrapped up in these characters. I was able to read books 1, 1.5 and 2 one right after the other. Thankfully that was only a short time before 2.5, but now I can't wait for book 3. I need to know what happens. I need to know that my friends will all be ok. Yes, I feel like these people are friends. I am living inside this series and you can't make me leave.
Sharilyn Dickerson
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-kindle
I cannot get enough of this series and these characters! This series just blows me away with the storyline and the twist and turns.
This book continues Cal and Jane's love story and all the ups and downs and breath-taking edge-of-your-seat moments. You still get a bit of Cassidy and James (and Paul) in this book as well. I seriously can't get enough!
Kim Ginsberg
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the continuing story of Jane and Cal. Follow them through what happens when the past come back to haunt you. Will Cal make it? Will Derek get off from hurting Jane? Will Cal learn the rest of Jane's secrets? Will Jane finally say yes to Cal's proposal? Find out answers to these and many more questions. This book series is a MUST READ!
Dawn Trepczyk
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Cal and Jane. Cal fell hard for Jane. Jane has things about her past that she doesn't want anyone to know. Will the demons keep her from making a commitment to Cal? If you haven't read any of this series I think you should.
Juli Faulkner
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!

Love more of Cal and Jane! They are just so sweet together! They balance each other so well! If they could just knock some sense into James and Cassidy! This series is awesome and love the alternating books between the couples! Anxious to see where Paul falls!
Raquel Auriemma
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How is it that I hadn't reviewed this? OMG! I so love this series and yet, Msg. Witt keeps torturing me with the endings. I'm so anxiously awaiting the next book. Never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait until December!!!
Danielle
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I seriously don't know how JM does it. Each book I read by her is better than the one before. It's more descriptive and angsty, which I love.

This book is a continuation of Cal and Jane. You really get to know them better, but individually and as a couple. My favorite book yet by JM.
Tracie Derr
Fading Away was good

Cal and Jane's story was good. We got to see all the other characters in this story. Cas and James are crazy. I hope they get their act together. I hope we see more of Cal and Jane. I really like them and their story .
Jules Batemen
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Words fail me to express my love for this book. The twists and turns had me on the edge of me seat close to falling off! Kudos for an amazing book.
Michelle Nageldinger
Loved it!

Cal is hot!!! I love the whole gang but love cals stories a bit more. Jane and cal are perfect! looking forward to more
T.H.
Damn you WOMAN!!! I love Cal...like almost as much as I love JB3. The banter, the passion....ohhh it's all so good!!!
Sheila Brannan lake
Loving this series

Well that was a twisted turn of events. I love reading all the different povs. On to the next one. I have to see how this is going to play out.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • 5 Stages of Riley Winters
  • Survivor's Guilt
  • Meet Me At Midnight
  • Unexpected Chance (Chance, #1)
  • Unwanted Desire
  • Drunk on You (Happy Endings Resort, #3)
  • One Simple Memory (Memories#1)
  • Almost Lost, Never Forgotten
  • Broken Embrace (Embrace, #3)
  • Badass The Complete Series
  • Beers, Lies and Alibis (Warblers Point, #2)
  • Resistance (Bloodlines, #3)
  • Destroy Me (Destroy 2)
  • The Inheritance (Happy Endings Resort, #1)
  • Liquid Courage (Liquid Regret, #2)
  • Keystrokes
  • Cursed Fate (Cursed, #3)
  • One Night In Paris (Front Man, #2)
Residing in Metro Detroit, International Bestselling Author J. M. started writing poetry and short stories as a young girl. Rediscovering her love of reading, after having her fourth child, she started writing again. She also works full time as an Office Manager for a large landscaping company.

Letting Go, her first publication, was released in December 2013 and My Secret Submission, her 9th, was
More about J.M. Witt

Anchored Hearts (4 books)
  • Letting Go (Anchored Hearts #1)
  • Letting Go of You (Anchored Hearts # 2)
  • Letting Go of Us (Anchored Hearts Vol. 3)
  • Concrete Soul (Anchored Hearts #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be