Start by marking “Silent Clarion: The Full Collection” as Want to Read:
Silent Clarion: The Full Collection

Silent Clarion: The Full Collection

My curiosity might get me killed. I thought I needed a vacation from my duties as an Adversary in service to the Phoenix Society. After learning about unexplained disappearances in a little town called Clarion, I couldn’t stop myself from checking it out.

Now I must protect a witness to two murders without any protection but my sword. I must identify a murderer who strikes
ebook
Published October 20th 2016 by Curiosity Quills Press (first published July 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Silent Clarion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Clarion

Andrew
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good, fun book!
I enjoyed the main character, Naomi. The world was an interesting one that I'd happily spend more time in.
Also, odd note, it's a very well put together ebook! It came out brilliantly on my kindle, with interesting images for the chapter starts that really gave the book a professional feeling. So a big congrats for the indie author on that one!
The author clearly has a thing for rock music, while I really don't. At all. However, this was never an issue, and I'm sure that if I knew
Diana
Oct 25, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: discarded-shelf
Altbough the tone of the book is light, with some funny passages and gladly we find out it is kind of lead by females, I found I could,'t sympatize with the characters or enjoy the plot much as there was no introduction or explanation about the world we are in. Probably this is because the book is part of a series, and I am sure all the info was given before, but I knew nothing about it and it made for a fuzzy read.
I found that the characters are somewhat plain an archetypical for my tastes. I a
Li
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm enamored of Matthew Graybosch's writing because it's new, fresh, and completely bizarre. And I like that! Yes, other authors try to write something that's not been done before but wind up with something a bit too comfortably familiar. Not he, and thank you Mr. G for taking the road less traveled and letting me come along for the ride. Weehooo!

p.s., there's a couple inconsistencies here and there, but nothing that detracts from the enjoyment of the story.
Geoff Strayer
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Silent Clarion introduces the reader to the world of the future - some years after the event know as 'Nationfall', which is pretty much what it sounds like - the fall of nations around the world. What Graybosch does with that is a new approach - his post-nation world is not only far reduced in population, but is not controlled by various mega-corps, as the cyberpunk genre tends to be. That is an interesting change. In this world, the Phoenix Society offers some level of order, as a sort of trans ...more
Stephanie
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book from the publisher but they didn’t mention that this was only one part of a miniseries nor did they send me copies of the other parts of the book. I don’t even know if this was the first part of this series or not. So needless to say, I was a little disappointed when I got to the end and realized that, JK, there is at least another part.

To be honest, I did find this book interesting and would have enjoyed it more if I had simply been notified that this was part of
Marva
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I assume Matthew Graybosch will continue the stories of the Adversaries of the Phoenix Society. I previously read Without Bloodshed, and was quite happy to see the shorts of Silent Clarion emerging. But I wanted the whole thing, so waited for the complete book.

Very, very good. Graybosch can write as a female character. I guess that's partly because Naomi Bradleigh isn't a shrinking violet type. This is NOT a romance, though it does have some sex scenes.

This is good old rip-roarin' science ficti
Ryan Toxopeus
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received the full series as a beta reader.
The full story arc is great! Adversary Naomi Bradleigh is a colourful character who's tough and calculating. The pacing is excellent, and the story had so many twists and turns I had no idea where it was going to wind up at the end.
It ties well into the future happenings in the novel Without Bloodshed (another story I highly recommend), highlighting Naomi's background and how she fits with some other characters.
If you're a fan of intrigue and action in
Seraphia
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silent Clarion by Matthew Graybosch is a series published by Curiosity Quills now compiled into one book that encompasses all of Adversary Naomi’s involvement with the small town named Clarion. Naomi is CPMD+ meaning she looks dynamically different from humans and can really only hope to have children (should she choose) with another who is like her. But Naomi is a real badass chick. She’s an Adversary for the government and is a step above the police but that puts her in a dangerous position no ...more
Boyd
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Different and twisted.

To many suspensions of disbelief to make this work. Story wandered in and out of focus. Character development weak and one dimensional. Trying to hard to be currently hip and relevant.
Jane Firebaugh
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Very different from the usual sf suspense novel. Enter a post apocalyptic world populated by ordinary humans, human feline hybrids and AIs, where the vast technology is even more amazing than the inhabitants could realize. This book makes most people's conspiracy theories seem tame.
Dave Higgins
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Combining full-on metal, metaphysical AI’s, and survival horror, Graybosch creates science-fiction that is both emotionally and intellectually satisfying.

This review is based on an advanced copy of the entire novel, rather than the serialisation. While every attempt has been made to minimise transcendence of physical knowledge, parts of the review might trigger an n-dimensional vector transform, producing the neurological phenomena commonly called a spoiler.

Set seventeen years before the events
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

This was another book I felt was more of a novella. It was quick and easy to read and I enjoyed getting to know the characters and having a glimpse into the world, even though I haven’t read the first book in this series.

I did like the main character in this book. Naomi was a character I found really easy to relate to. I would have liked a bit more detail about why she had a slightly different appea
Areli Joy
I like the idea of the book. I also like how the story went. It just didn’t connect with me. Something’s missing, and I don’t know what’s missing. I could’ve enjoyed it but I didn’t. I actually didn’t understand what I just read. I couldn’t follow the story. I’m sorry. :(

But I was thinking that maybe I would like it (as a whole) if I read Without Bloodshed, the first book in the Starbreaker series.

I think I’m still gonna recommend this to those who like science fiction and series. I recommend th
Ann
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first experience with Naomi , an Adversary who works for the Phoenix Society that is the peace keeping arm of the government. She is taking a vacation and stops in the town of Clarion where she saves a witness to two murders. This is a science fiction novel set in the future where humans co-exhist with CPMD's. I enjoyed the action and the strong female leads. This appears to be a book in the Starbreaker series and I'll look forward to enjoying more of Matthew Graybosch's books.
Quinesia Johnson
It reads like noir drama if I had to describe it best. I prefer a bit more action, but that might not have been what this is, or the action is to come. It was wise to do it in novella installments; it made it an easy, lazy read, which we all need sometimes. My own personal preference, as well as literary merit swayed me to rate it as 3 stars. Lovers of mild science fiction may rate it at more.
Nicola
Sep 24, 2015
Curiosity Quills
Jul 18, 2014
Matthew Graybosch
Jul 18, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Samantha
Dec 29, 2015
Jaime
Aug 08, 2016
  • Chronology (Curiosity Quills Anthology)
  • Lex De Mortuis (Division Zero, #2)
  • Windows into Hell (Curiosity Quills Anthology)
  • The Girl Without Magic (Chronicles of Maggie Trent, #1)
  • Mercury in Retrograde (A Shot in the Dark Book 1)
  • Havelock
  • The Mussorgsky Riddle
  • Going Through The Change (Menopausal Superheroes, #1)
  • Clockwork Menagerie (Shadows of Asphodel, #2.5)
  • Hour of Mischief (The Clockwork God Chronicles, #1)
  • Under a Brass Moon: A Sci-Fi Steampunk Anthology
  • The Book of Peril (The Last Oracle #2)
  • Billy Lovecraft Saves the World
  • The Heroine's Journey
  • How to Date Dead Guys (The Witch's Handbook, #1)
  • Shadowed Ground (The Chronicles of Nowhere #2)
  • The Astounding Adventure of the Ancient Dragon
According to official records maintained by the state of New York, Matthew Graybosch was born on Long Island in 1978.

Urban legends suggest he might be Rosemary’s Baby or the result of top-secret DOD attempts to continue Nazi experiments combining human technology and black magic. The most outlandish tale suggests that he sprang fully grown from his father’s forehead with a sledgehammer in one hand