Start by marking “Campus Cravings: Higher Learning MM Boxed Set” as Want to Read:
Campus Cravings: Higher Learning MM Boxed Set

Campus Cravings: Higher Learning MM Boxed Set

(Campus Cravings)

Welcome to Cathia University, where school is in session! Nine of today's hottest gay romance authors have crafted brand-new interrelated novellas celebrating everything wonderful about college, including sophisticated professors, sexy teaching assistants, ambitious grad students, and spirited undergraduates, all looking for the same thing: an A+ in true love.

Annabeth Alb
Published August 25th 2014 by C-Squared Publishing (first published August 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Campus Cravings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Campus Cravings

Start your review of Campus Cravings: Higher Learning MM Boxed Set
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
3.5 overall (Because in this case, the sum is more than a total of its parts.)

These nine short stories/novellas (they range from approximately 500 to 2,000 locations) are fun and steamy. All take place on a fictional college campus, but the MCs aren’t all students. We have TAs and professors, as well as athletes, musicians, psychologists, equestrians, artists, RAs, and geeks.

The stories don't relate to one another except for being set in the same college town and mentioning some of the same han
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Aug 23, 2014 marked it as will-return-to-later
KyAnn Waters: Private Lessons- 3.5 stars

Cute, fluffy story involving sports and a virgin, a winning combination! I enjoyed this one, even if the writing was a bit clumsy at times, and it had a "big misunderstanding" plot element. I have a weakness for a muscular guy who is the (view spoiler) so I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Perfect for a first-timer fix!

Sara York: The Dust Of Everyday Life- 2 stars

This didn't really work for me. A forgettable short story about a guy who lusts after s
Meags
This anthology had a bit of everything: a variety of jocks, a handful of professors, a few teaching assistants, a couple of beautifully written first times, a bunch of second chances, a whole lot of man-on-man sexy times and a shit load of pizza! Unfortunately, it also had a heck of a lot of spelling/grammatical errors but I'll brush this aside for my overall enjoyment of the collection.

I wasn’t quite sure how to review these stories so I created a bunch of mini reviews. In each, I’ve attempted
Christi Snow
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Private Lessons by KyAnn Waters
Characters: Jake and Ryan
My Rating: B+
My Review:
This first story introduces us to Cathia University through Ryan, a soccer player on an academic scholarship, and Jake, the TA for the class that endangers Ryan's ability to keep playing soccer. Ryan is no dummy, but his prof has it out for jocks, so he's giving him bad grades when he doesn't deserve them. When the prof isn't responsive to Ryan's pleas, he goes to Jake. These two have been eyeing each other all semest
V
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Terrific price, only $2.99 for all these stories, thank you authors.

UDPATED:

It was a pleasure to read this anthology, there is always a 50-50 chance that some will be much better than others, but in this case there were very enjoyable all of them.
Well, if I have to be honest, the one a didn't like as much was: Did Somebody Order a Pizza?

All the rest are 4 and 4.5 stars.

*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
Arc provided via Netgalley in exchange for honest review

Oh...my...I'm so freaking excited to read this!!!

***UPDATE***

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

First, let's just take a moment (or five) to properly stare at and appreciate the way too hot cover of this book, possibly without drooling all over the place *_*...*_*...*_*....*Q*....Mission impossible, I know, but who can blame us, right? Damn, who can give me directions to this library, pretty please ;)?

What was I talking again? Oh ri
.Lili.
Aug 27, 2014 marked it as to-read
At the end I'll average all the ratings together for a final score.

8/28/14 KyAnn Waters: Private Lessons 3.5 Stars
Sweet, sexy, and fun! I really enjoyed this one! My only thing: (view spoiler)

ARC provided by the publisher through Netgalley for an honest review.
Pati
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Anthologies are usually very hit or miss in my experience. Generally speaking they contain one or two stories that might 'wow' me and the rest are just 'ok'. This anthology I am pleasantly surprised to say is the exception.

These stories all take place at the same University though only in two of the stories do we have cross characters being mentioned. It was nice though to see the connection through the places, most notably the pizza place & the diner.

Though of course these are short stories
Jessica Alcazar
OK, so I'm not sure how the authors pulled this off, but it's really good. Each of these stories leads into the next and you get a full novel at the end. That's an incredible feat to pull off and these guys did it well! Of course I have my favorites, but overall, this was a really good read of nine short stories. Law of averages should have put at least one or two stories below average but none were! It was really exciting to read because this rarely happens!
I loved that I got to go 'back to col
Latisha
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Can I go to Cathia University? This book of short stories is full of sweet, tender, conflicted & sometimes scared characters. The common denominator that binds them together, is hot! If I had to pick a favorite it would be Switching Leads by Mia Downing. The story flowed well, in the few chapters there was character development that made me love John & Finn, not to mention the witty "Switching Leads" title.
I think readers will be pleasantly surprised, especially at that $2.99 price tag! If you
Ebony
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for my honest opinion and all I can is WOW!!! I could not put this book down and think that all the authors did a FANTASTIC job with their stories. I cannot choose a favorite one out of the bundle. Each author has presented a story that help my interest and made me want to keep reading. They have also made me want to read more by them. I now have of authors to check out and follow ;-) If you are in the mood for a HOT read...This anthology will definitely deliver!!!
Nic
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
As with all collections there is some variation between how much enjoyed the stories. These ranged between 3 and 4 stars for me.

I liked the whole concept of each story set in the same university so there is a certain familiarity when reading each story. For example, the pizza place which appears quite a lot. :)
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Campus Cravings Higher Learning

This was a pretty good read. The best stories were
Private Lessons by By KyAnn Waters
Did Someone Order A Pizza By L.A. Witt
Artistic Endeavor By Whitley Gray
Lesson Learned By Dalton Diaz
These 4 were definitely the best of the bunch.

#Private Lessons
By KyAnn Waters

** 4 stars favorite
Ryan is a smart sexy Jock. Jake is the sexy TA. Jake offers to give Ryan Private lessons, in a class he is failing and sparks fly, but Ryan is deeply in the closet. Will he come out for
Susan Laine
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
An anthology about gay men in a fictional campus surroundings of Cathia University, with an occasional common hangout, like Palozzo’s pizza joint.

Private Lessons by KyAnn Waters

A fairly simple and predictable tale about an out and proud teaching assistant and a closeted jock student. Both want the other in secret. When they realize the attraction is mutual, sex happens right off the bat. This story had no real tension or climactic scene, as Ryan’s coming out to his teammates is remarkably swift
Julia ♥Duncan♥
Anthology of stories set around the fictional Cathia University. College stories are totally my catnip right now.

Private Lessons, KyAnn Waters
When an anti-jock professor unfairly marks down Ryan's papers, he has to work with the hot and openly gay TA, Jake, to try to improve his grade and keep his spot on the soccer team. I wasn't really feeling this one, it seemed a bit choppy to me.

The Dust of Everyday Life, Sara York
Cole, a bass player who loves swimmers, finally gets a chance to date one whe
Ro
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
The stories in this collection are related by the setting – the area of and around Cathia College. As always with anthologies, I had some I liked more than others. In one story, I also had a character that I hated!

Annabeth Albert: Winning Bracket Rated 4

As a huge fan of friends to lovers, this one is a hit, as sort of frenemies to lovers. They like each other, aggravate each other and are total opposites from each other. But when a bet is made with a kiss as the prize, things change. So cute!

Ca
Chris, the Dalek King
This is going to be a little different. We (at Love Bytes) decided to split up the short stories in this anthology for individual review. I chose to review L.A. Witt's story, Did Somebody Order a Pizza?. So the review that follows is simply for one of the stories in the anthology. However the rating up above in the stars reflects the entire anthology. Thanks.

"Did Somebody Order a Pizza?" by L.A. Witt

Damn it.

The worst part about delivering pizzas to a university wasn’t getting stiffed on tips.
Rachel Emily
I'll review as I go and then rate the book at the end. I love college set stories!

ETA: Well, my favorites of the anthology were Switching Leads by Mia Downing, Winning rBracket by Annabeth Albert, and Artistic Endeavor by Whitley Gray. I thought most of these stories were well written and fun!

Private Lessons - Kyann Waters - Gotta love a jock and a TA story! Solid story, I liked the characters, and enjoyed this one! 3.5 stars.

The Dust of Everyday Life - Sara York - 2.5 stars. This just felt bla
Mary S
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
10 STARS!!
I sometimes have reservations about reading a book that is written by different authors, and have many stories that are connected. They sometimes go off I. So many different directions I get a bit lost. Well I have met the exception. I could not get enough of the stories and the authors in Campus Cravings. The book starts off with a story Private Lessons, Jake and Ryan. Jake is the TA for a pompous professor,and Ryan has noticed the hot Jake, and agrees to tutor. You really were able t
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, 2014, m-m, romance
I have found that anthologies and boxed sets are always hit and miss with me. They are few and far between where I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed every single story. I can point this out by also saying that I can count those on one hand with fingers to spare. I can tick off a finger for Campus Cravings. I loved every story. I loved each what each author had to contribute to this very sexy book.
This book was thoughtfully put together by a group of great authors. They have given reade
Colleen
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this anthology which has 9 massively HOT M/M stories.

Private Lessons – KyAnn Waters
This is about closet gay Ryan Kane and out and proud Jake Finely.
Ryan has an academic scholarship and plays for the school soccer team. He has to maintain good grades not only for the scholarship but also to be able to play soccer. He is smart but finds that no matter what he does he keeps getting bad grades from his Business Ethics teacher.
Jake is the Teacher’s Assistant to his Business Ethics teacher an
Donna
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-bytes, m-m, anthology
The moment the idea of each of us reviewing one story from this anthology was raised I leapt right in and claimed this story. As far as I can recall, I didn’t even know the name of the story (or maybe it just wasn’t important at that point). I probably just typed something like – I’M TAKING CASSANDRA CARR!!!! and emailed it to everyone asap because when there’s a blog loaded with females, well and one guy (hey Paul!) you need to be quick on the keyboard and ready to strike. At least, that’s the ...more
Amber
Aug 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
*received this free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Private Lessons - KyAnn Waters

I really enjoyed reading Jake and Ryan's story. At first I was bothered by how closeted Ryan seemed to be but he really embraced it in the end. I loved the passion between Ryan and Jake as well, the chemistry was very hot. I will definitely be reading more from this author.

The Dust of Everyday Life - Sara York

This was way too short. It almost felt rushed, I really wanted to know how Seever reacted to
Crystal Marie
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have read books by a few of these authors in the past, and I was really excited at the chance to receive a review copy of this bundle because I couldn’t wait to see how some of my favorite authors came together to create this world. I can say that I was extremely pleased about how the whole book ended up working out because the authors were able to create the world so well; it was almost as though it was a real college town.

There were some stories in this bundle that stood out the most for me
Debbie
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm not going to break each story down, this review would be far too long but I'll tell you what I thought about it all, as a set.

9 books, by 9 different authors all set around Cathia college (although it took me til the third book to figure that out!) You get every possible combination of jocks, geeks, TA's, professors, sports coaches and assistants and dorm advisors. All wrapped up, in a delicious box set for you! The time lines run from one book to the next, as some are referenced in later bo
Lucy
This anthology has nine stories in and is I spoke about each one it would take ages and potentially get a bit boring. To avoid both those issues I'm going to focus on my favourite stories from this anthology and then give a brief summary of my thoughts on Campus Cravings towards the end.

My favourite story from this anthology was Artistic Endeavour by Whitley Gray. I loved it! Arguably this is the story most detached from Cathia University life, as it features an ex-alumni and the new Fine Arts P
Diane Lynch
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed every story in this collection. My two favorites were Cassandra Carr: The Eloquent Jock and Bianca Sommerland: Solid Education.

Cassandra Carr: The Eloquent Jock
Hockey player Brendan Kohl is in the closet. When he becomes a TA for Dr. Scott Greenfield, he experiences a never before felt connection. The Eloquent Jock is a five-star story that is now one of my favorites by Cassanda Carr. I love Brendon. He puts his team before himself, wanting to make sure they do not suffer as a result
Phuong
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of reading m/m romance stories and was thrilled that I could satisfy my addiction with the Campus Craving: Higher Learning bundle by nine authors. I read a few of these authors regularly so I had no doubt I would enjoy their stories and I'm happy to say that I really liked all the stories written by the others "new-to-me" authors. While these stories centered around the characters' lives at Cathia University and sports, each author wrote unique stories that captured my attention a ...more
8o's
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Campus Cravings features 9 novellas by 9 great authors. They all feature around the same college town. The authors must have had some great planning sessions going on cause all of the stories are linked with characters introduced in one story and then featured in another. I enjoyed all of the stories but to have them a continuation with each other was an extra step that I absolutely loved.

I try not to pick favorites when reading a boxed set and it is easy not to pick favorites with this set bec
R
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tender, sweet, and at times, scorching hot. This was an anthology interlinked by the common setting of Cathia University. The authors did a great job of creating stories in this shared setting. A few even linked back to characters in previous stories in the book. I thought that was a masterful touch.

There were some editing problems with the stories, but nothing that detracted from the stories, in my opinion. There was not a bad story in the book; however, my least favorite was “Did Somebody Orde
« previous 1 3 next »

• Brians Destruction
  • Brad and Ash (Border Town Boys Book 1)
  • Rocking Thin Ice
  • The Rites of Passage (Goldberg Variations, #1)
  • Dumb Jock: The Musical (Dumb Jock, #4)
  • Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock, #1)
  • Brilliant Boys: The Story Bundle (Brilliant Boys, #1-2)
  • Trust Me
  • Chasing My Dream
  • Elephant Shoe
  • Broke Roommates (Dorm Tales #5)
  • A Royal Secret
  • Straight Guys First Time Bundle: 8 Story Straight to Gay MM Anthology Collection
  • Drum Corps: I Learned at lot at Drum Line Camp
  • The Summer that Changed my Life: Bonus story, North Woods Surprise
  • Escaped (Little Boy Lost, #5)
  • A Mark on My Soul
  • His Missing Pieces (Pieces #1)

Campus Cravings (9 books)
  • Winning Bracket
  • The Eloquent Jock
  • Lesson Learned: Campus Cravings
  • Switching Leads (Campus Cravings)
  • Artistic Endeavor
  • Private Lessons (Campus Cravings)
  • Did Somebody Order a Pizza?
  • Solid Education (Higher Learning Book 1)
  • The Dust of Everyday Life