Start by marking “Blood Charged (Dragon Blood, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Charged (Dragon Blood, #3)

Blood Charged

(Dragon Blood #3)

Sardelle Terushan, sorceress and healer, should be lying low. Magic is forbidden in Iskandia, and magic users are drowned, shot, or otherwise slain. The problem? She's fallen in love with ace fighter pilot and national hero, Colonel Ridge Zirkander, a man whom everybody notices, including the king. It's not long before Sardelle has spies dogging her steps and people trying ...more
Published July 17th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Blood Charged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Charged

Start your review of Blood Charged (Dragon Blood, #3)
Denise
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-2017
Military intelligence suggests the Cofah have somehow gotten their hands on dragon blood and are experimenting with it in a secret research facility. Ridge and some of his pilots are ordered to fly an elite team as well as Tolemek into the Empire where they are to infiltrate the facility, obtain samples of the blood and destroy any and all Cofah research related to it on their way out, preferably without being detected. Definitely not on the agenda was Ridge replacing the assigned mission leader ...more
Deniz
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers
The Dragon Blood Series is getting better with each book.
I thoroughly enjoyed this one. We get more mystery, more action and more of the gang, with addition of three new characters. Not much romance, but I actually think Buroker does world building and storyline way better than romance, so no complaints from me.
This is told from Sardelle and Ridge POV again. Buroker actually does fix all the things I had issues with in the first book when it comes to their relationship. And may I just say: I a
Tami
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
More of Ridge and Sardelle! And the rest of the crew.

Let me say one thing first: She deserves a better name than that - at least for German-spekaing readers, as "Sardellen" are some stinky fishes, so the name constantly gives me an unpleasant picture when I read it.

This was a very enjoyable read. The story ark with the dragon blood is coming to a head and I am looking forward to seeing how that will work out.

There is a lot of my favourite couple in there and also a lot of group action - a lit
Hannah
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Blood Charged is hands down the best book in the Dragon Blood series yet - if the first two didn't have you 100% hooked, this one is sure to do the trick. Sardelle/Ridge and Tolemek/Ahn were great in their novels, but when they're all working together as a team as they begin to in Blood Charged... boy, is it awesome. I think Lindsay Buroker is at her very best writing about a colourful and varied cast who gets to team up; the banter, camaraderie and humour just flies off the page and the action ...more
Gwynn White
Now how's that for a cover? That is one serious hottie, our pilot Ridgewalker Zirkander, hero of this action-packed, steampunkish, magic-filled story. Actually, to be entirely accurate, Ridge shares the limelight with his sorceress girlfriend, Sardelle. And my two personal favourites from this Dragon's Blood series, Ahn and Tolemek, also tag along.

In Blood Charged, Ridge, Tolemek, and a team of flyers are sent into enemy territory to infiltrate a secret laboratory. Their goal? To steal a sample
Deanna Stanley
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steampunk
I want to start this review by thanking Lindsay Buroker for actually having mature, reasonable characters. People who TALK. People who THINK before they act. people who are not slaves to their emotions. It's wonderful to read a story that contains some romance which treats it's characters like responsible adults. Shocking, I know.

That said, this is book 3 in the Dragon's Blood series, and you really should read the first two before starting this, as you need to know the character's backgrounds.
Alicia
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was only "okay". I read this as part of the omnibus Dragon's Blood. I don't feel the 3 books are strong enough to be solid novels on their own. I think the Emperor's Edge books are better written than this off which takes place in the same world. It's a quick read and okay if the price stays low. I'd like to see what happens later if it gets more interesting but I feel like I'm being strung along. Something I don't care for when reading a series.

I also picked up the audible narrated version -
Charlie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: clock-and-steam
The series kind of took a dive. The first book was a great read. The second was enjoyable. This one just kind of feels like it is forcing the characters along a path to the next book. I understand that this is a part of a series, but the end of this book does not feel finished.
I enjoy Lindsay's writing style and story-telling, but this story just felt flat to me.
Caitlin
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I got the first three books as a bundle, discounted. The third book provides more development amid the action and chemistry, but not enough that I'll be rushing to buy book 4. I'm not ruling out sometime later, but these characters didn't grab my attention and make me want to know more as much as other Buroker stories have.
Naughty Mom Story Time
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The books in this series are getting stronger with each installment (so far). The action and adventure was at a high with this one. Though books one and two ended like a stand alone would, book three leaves you knowing there is much more in store for the characters.

It was a slow build, but definitely got me hooked into the series by the time I reached the end. I’ll definitely keep the remaining books of the Dragon Blood series on my watchlist for when the other books may go on sale.
Lynn
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a Fantasy series. The action is increasing in this series and things are getting more intense. On to the next in the series!
Amyiw
3 1/2
Story was incomplete for me. It was a stepping stone. The mission gets resolved but the consequences of all the rest does not. (view spoiler)
Katyana
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I started out annoyed - Sardelle being attacked and hated while Tolemek was just accepted and given a lab pissed me off, and I wanted nothing more than for her to leave and wish them all good luck fighting the magic without her.

But by the end, I was... I don't know if appeased is the right word. But I enjoyed the ride. And I enjoyed Sardelle winning over the squad. I will never get over Tolemek - what Apex said is exactly what I said in my review of book 2, you don't make a weapon like that unle
Chaos
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm always glad when an author figures out that they don't need graphic sex scenes to keep their readers entertained. After the first book in this series the author lets her characters and fast-moving action keep us glued to the pages, instead of resorting to cheap emotional tricks. I heartily approve.

Jordan
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the book and enjoy the characters and the worldbuilding around magic and technology. I purchased the first three books of this series as a box set on sale, and while I feel I got my money's worth I won't be continuing due to other issues I have with the worldbuilding of the two warring countries.
Bill Tillman
Well what's ya know, doggone good steampunk adventure. Col. Ridge and crew face off against a white mountain, filled with evil scientists and enemy soldiers. Gotta read it to believe all the scrapes they get into.
Mei
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I've written the review for the first 4 book bere:

K. J. Harrowick
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why I picked up this book:

If you’ve been following reviews on my blog, you’ll know that I’ve been mooning over the Dragon’s Blood series since I picked up the first book. The third one was part of the free trilogy package, and of course I couldn’t resist diving right in. The third installment takes readers back into the minds of Ridge and Sardelle, continuing the tale from the first two books.

This review may contain spoilers.

What I loved:

Ridgewalker is still my favorite character. I love his ca
Justin
“A hallmark of a scientist, Sardelle supposed. It always took them a few metric tons of proof before they were willing to upgrade something from a hypothesis to a theory, and even then, they used chalk rather than ink.”

3.5/5.0 Blood Charged is a good solid entry in the dragon blood series. I could not really find to many faults in the story other than it just was not as compelling as the first 2. We start this story following Ridge and Sardelle, much like the first novel, But Cas and her
Lana
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps on getting ever more exciting with non-stop adventures and our marvellous team of wolf air team lead by Zirkander himself and his girlfriend the sorceress Sardarelle and her very caustic soul blade Jaxi and of course the deathmaker all keeping us the readers on our toes or at the edge of our seats! This time we venture into enemy territory to try and get hold of dragon blood which it seems the cohfra people are using to make weapons. They travel into the jaws of the enemy and t ...more
Tomas
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rumors are that Cofahre got a dragon blood somehow. Could it be true when noone saw live dragon for thousand years?

Stories from first and second books come together in this one and Ridge, Sardelle, Ahn and Tolemek go on a military mission together. While I was happy to read more about Ridge and Sardelle again, I got stuck around middle of the book and it took me some 2 weeks to get the pace again. The story is not huge, there is almost no development in relationships, yet we get some decent act
R Anwar
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just finished Blood Charged, book 3 of the Dragon Blood Collection and on a high when I finally put it down. It was a hard book to put down every night after reading for an hour just before bedtime, especially when it came to the last five chapters.

It was an absolute pleasure reading Blood charged, I was completely immersed in the adventurous drama that was taking place, and hope it turns into a movie one day.

I enjoyed how the writer, Lindsay Buroker, brought all the main characters from book 1
Connie
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I downloaded the first 3 books of this series since it was free and free means nothing to lose if you don't like it. I really, REALLY liked them...and had to buy the 4th book. It has been a long time since I had to read and read and read...so many things just didn't get done while I was consuming these books. The characters are very entertaining, even the snarky sword...maybe especially the snarky sword. These stories are listed as steampunk....a genre I really don't care for but it isn't too ov ...more
Shaly
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lindsay-buroker
4.5 Stars

Well this 'friendly' group sure do know how to keep getting into big ass trouble, of course they all seem to have shamrocks crammed up their asses because the more trouble they get into, the more shit they stir...the more they get away...not unscathed but get away they do.

The enemy in this book turns out to be a hell of a lot smarter than the good guys, almost unbelievably so! I was getting a bit disheartened that at every turn Ridge and his people were being thwarted by the Cofahs and
Elda
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The banter between the characters is hilarious! I can’t help but chuckle if not chuckle then at the very least smile or crinkle my eyes. I don’t think that even a page goes by that there isn’t banter between characters. Even amidst flying and trying to shoot down enemy flyers, spying, losing two captains to the enemy (make that one captain) close calls of being shot down in enemy territory and their ultimate mission of trying to discover how the enemy was using dragon blood to power their flyers ...more
Tina
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ONCE AGAIN< I just love this series. Ridge gets a secret assignment that apparently isn't so secret. The Cofar are using Dragon Blood, so they say, to create all these new and deadly weapons. The King asks Ridge and his team to fly spies into Cofar territory and retrieve a sample. Sounds easy right? Not if the Cofar know they're coming?
Another action packed story with hand to hand battle to fantastic aerial battles. I literally could not put it down at some point. This set was a freebie and I re
Birgit
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely my new favourite series! In this third book, we follow our characters right into the enemy territory, to discover if rumours of the Cofah having found dragon blood is true. Of course, nothing goes as planned, especially if our sorceress has to reveal her identity...
Well written, with now well known and beloved characters, this is a very good sequence to the other two books; in actual fact, I think they are getting better and better. The quirks of the main protagonists, and the underly
Jade Aspinall
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
*3.75/5 Stars*

This one felt more like a stepping stone story arc, which is fine, I understand where the series is going, and I'm intrigued as to how Tolemek's sister is involved in all this, but this one just fell a little flat for me I guess.

Don't get me wrong, it was full of action from the get-go, and the Sardelle, Ridge, Cas and Tolemek are all working together on this mission, along with a few others from Wolf Squadron, which means we have more characters to learn about.

The overall story w
Erin
Jun 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
I would recommend reading the first book in this series (I gave it 3 stars). Read the second book if you are interested (I gave it 2 stars). But, then I would highly suggest you stop reading the series. This book was awful. There was a plot, but not a very good one. Gone was the humor from the first two. Gone were the character development. This novel felt rushed to publication. As you can tell, I did not like it. I finished reading it as I wanted to see if the whole thing was awful (it was) and ...more
Soni Watts❤
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is official....I'm hooked! The Dragon Blood series seems to get better and better as the series goes on and I think that can be attributed to how the author builds her characters, their stories, and their world. What I can appreciate most about this book is the endless supply of adventure and mystery packed in between the pages-I love a great adventure that never loses the adrenaline factor. I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed the characters that we've gotten to know and following their developm ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Mage's Trial (Mages of New York, #2)
  • Mage's Apprentice (Mages of New York #1)
  • Mage's End (Mages of New York #3)
  • The Other Prism (The Broken Prism, #2)
  • The Assassin's Salvation (Mandrake Company, #3)
  • Ezaara (Riders of Fire, #1)
  • Cave of Nightmares (The Broken Prism, #1)
  • Forest of Illusions (The Broken Prism, #3)
  • The Schism (The Broken Prism, #4)
  • Frost Prisms (The Broken Prism, #5)
  • The Amber Isle (Book of Never, #1)
  • Blindsided (Grant Garrick, #1)
  • Peppermint and Pentacles (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #3)
  • Bitches and Brawlers (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #4)
  • Howls and Hallows: A Steampunk Fairy Tale (Steampunk Red Riding Hood, #5)
  • The Warded Box (Wizard's Helper, #2)
  • The Hidden Mask (Wizard's Helper, #6)
  • Unexpected Adventures (New Adventures Book 1)
I'm a full-time indie fantasy and science fiction author. When I'm not writing, I'm ferrying my dogs to hiking trails for adventures.

Dragon Blood (8 books)
  • Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood, #1)
  • Deathmaker (Dragon Blood, #2)
  • Patterns in the Dark (Dragon Blood, #4)
  • The Blade's Memory (Dragon Blood, #5)
  • Raptor (Dragon Blood, #6)
  • Soulblade (Dragon Blood, #7)
  • Oaths (Dragon Blood, #8)