Start by marking “Blood Charged (Dragon Blood, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Charged (Dragon Blood, #3)

Blood Charged

(Dragon Blood #3)

Sardelle Terushan, sorceress and healer, should be lying low. Magic is forbidden in Iskandia, and magic users are drowned, shot, or otherwise slain. The problem? She's fallen in love with ace fighter pilot and national hero, Colonel Ridge Zirkander, a man whom everybody notices, including the king. It's not long before Sardelle has spies dogging her steps and people trying ...more
Published July 17th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Blood Charged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Charged

Tami
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
More of Ridge and Sardelle! And the rest of the crew.

Let me say one thing first: She deserves a better name than that - at least for German-spekaing readers, as "Sardellen" are some stinky fishes, so the name constantly gives me an unpleasant picture when I read it.

This was a very enjoyable read. The story ark with the dragon blood is coming to a head and I am looking forward to seeing how that will work out.

There is a lot of my favourite couple in there and also a lot of group action - a lit
Denise
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-2017
Military intelligence suggests the Cofah have somehow gotten their hands on dragon blood and are experimenting with it in a secret research facility. Ridge and some of his pilots are ordered to fly an elite team as well as Tolemek into the Empire where they are to infiltrate the facility, obtain samples of the blood and destroy any and all Cofah research related to it on their way out, preferably without being detected. Definitely not on the agenda was Ridge replacing the assigned mission leader ...more
Deniz
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers
The Dragon Blood Series is getting better with each book.
I thoroughly enjoyed this one. We get more mystery, more action and more of the gang, with addition of three new characters. Not much romance, but I actually think Buroker does world building and storyline way better than romance, so no complaints from me.
This is told from Sardelle and Ridge POV again. Buroker actually does fix all the things I had issues with in the first book when it comes to their relationship. And may I just say: I a
Hannah
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Blood Charged is hands down the best book in the Dragon Blood series yet - if the first two didn't have you 100% hooked, this one is sure to do the trick. Sardelle/Ridge and Tolemek/Ahn were great in their novels, but when they're all working together as a team as they begin to in Blood Charged... boy, is it awesome. I think Lindsay Buroker is at her very best writing about a colourful and varied cast who gets to team up; the banter, camaraderie and humour just flies off the page and the action ...more
Gwynn White
Now how's that for a cover? That is one serious hottie, our pilot Ridgewalker Zirkander, hero of this action-packed, steampunkish, magic-filled story. Actually, to be entirely accurate, Ridge shares the limelight with his sorceress girlfriend, Sardelle. And my two personal favourites from this Dragon's Blood series, Ahn and Tolemek, also tag along.

In Blood Charged, Ridge, Tolemek, and a team of flyers are sent into enemy territory to infiltrate a secret laboratory. Their goal? To steal a sample
Deanna Stanley
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steampunk
I want to start this review by thanking Lindsay Buroker for actually having mature, reasonable characters. People who TALK. People who THINK before they act. people who are not slaves to their emotions. It's wonderful to read a story that contains some romance which treats it's characters like responsible adults. Shocking, I know.

That said, this is book 3 in the Dragon's Blood series, and you really should read the first two before starting this, as you need to know the character's backgrounds.
Lynn
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a Fantasy series. The action is increasing in this series and things are getting more intense. On to the next in the series!
Katyana
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I started out annoyed - Sardelle being attacked and hated while Tolemek was just accepted and given a lab pissed me off, and I wanted nothing more than for her to leave and wish them all good luck fighting the magic without her.

But by the end, I was... I don't know if appeased is the right word. But I enjoyed the ride. And I enjoyed Sardelle winning over the squad. I will never get over Tolemek - what Apex said is exactly what I said in my review of book 2, you don't make a weapon like that unle
Chaos
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm always glad when an author figures out that they don't need graphic sex scenes to keep their readers entertained. After the first book in this series the author lets her characters and fast-moving action keep us glued to the pages, instead of resorting to cheap emotional tricks. I heartily approve.

Bill Tillman
Well what's ya know, doggone good steampunk adventure. Col. Ridge and crew face off against a white mountain, filled with evil scientists and enemy soldiers. Gotta read it to believe all the scrapes they get into.
Mei
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I've written the review for the first 4 book bere:

K.J. Harrowick
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why I picked up this book:

If you’ve been following reviews on my blog, you’ll know that I’ve been mooning over the Dragon’s Blood series since I picked up the first book. The third one was part of the free trilogy package, and of course I couldn’t resist diving right in. The third installment takes readers back into the minds of Ridge and Sardelle, continuing the tale from the first two books.

This review may contain spoilers.

What I loved:

Ridgewalker is still my favorite character. I love his ca
Amyiw
3 1/2
Story was incomplete for me. It was a stepping stone. The mission gets resolved but the consequences of all the rest does not. (view spoiler)
Alicia
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was only "okay". I read this as part of the omnibus Dragon's Blood. I don't feel the 3 books are strong enough to be solid novels on their own. I think the Emperor's Edge books are better written than this off which takes place in the same world. It's a quick read and okay if the price stays low. I'd like to see what happens later if it gets more interesting but I feel like I'm being strung along. Something I don't care for when reading a series.

I also picked up the audible narrated version -
Lana
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps on getting ever more exciting with non-stop adventures and our marvellous team of wolf air team lead by Zirkander himself and his girlfriend the sorceress Sardarelle and her very caustic soul blade Jaxi and of course the deathmaker all keeping us the readers on our toes or at the edge of our seats! This time we venture into enemy territory to try and get hold of dragon blood which it seems the cohfra people are using to make weapons. They travel into the jaws of the enemy and t ...more
Shaly
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lindsay-buroker
4.5 Stars

Well this 'friendly' group sure do know how to keep getting into big ass trouble, of course they all seem to have shamrocks crammed up their asses because the more trouble they get into, the more shit they stir...the more they get away...not unscathed but get away they do.

The enemy in this book turns out to be a hell of a lot smarter than the good guys, almost unbelievably so! I was getting a bit disheartened that at every turn Ridge and his people were being thwarted by the Cofahs and
Tina
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ONCE AGAIN< I just love this series. Ridge gets a secret assignment that apparently isn't so secret. The Cofar are using Dragon Blood, so they say, to create all these new and deadly weapons. The King asks Ridge and his team to fly spies into Cofar territory and retrieve a sample. Sounds easy right? Not if the Cofar know they're coming?
Another action packed story with hand to hand battle to fantastic aerial battles. I literally could not put it down at some point. This set was a freebie and I
Birgit
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely my new favourite series! In this third book, we follow our characters right into the enemy territory, to discover if rumours of the Cofah having found dragon blood is true. Of course, nothing goes as planned, especially if our sorceress has to reveal her identity...
Well written, with now well known and beloved characters, this is a very good sequence to the other two books; in actual fact, I think they are getting better and better. The quirks of the main protagonists, and the underly
Rosemary Hughes
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After listening to the audio rendition of this book as part of "Dragon Blood - omnibus", I submit this review.
The king has given a mission to Ridge and an some of his squadron to investigate some of the enemy intelligence that has come in. Ridge goes about this mission in his normal contrary way, and Sirdalle accompanies the group into enemy territory.
A dramatic search and rescue mission results in an interesting outcome.
Looking forward to more of this series.
A very dramatic story
Christian Spließ
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ich bin bis zur Hälfte gekommen und habs dann sein gelassen - würden mich die Hauptcharaktere irgendwie fesseln... Tun sie leider nicht. Seit Band 1 gibts keine Entwicklung und die Handlung an sich - Mission hinter den Feindeslinien mit Komplikationen und Magie - ist nun auch nicht gerade das, was mich besonders entzückt hat. Wäre die Steampunk-Komponente besser ausgebaut, dann würde ich durchgehalten haben... Wie schon bei den anderen Bänden gesagt: Strandlektüre. Oder Nackenbeißer im Fantasy-G ...more
Soni Watts❤
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is official....I'm hooked! The Dragon Blood series seems to get better and better as the series goes on and I think that can be attributed to how the author builds her characters, their stories, and their world. What I can appreciate most about this book is the endless supply of adventure and mystery packed in between the pages-I love a great adventure that never loses the adrenaline factor. I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed the characters that we've gotten to know and following their developm ...more
Julie Smith
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My one little complaint about Lindsay Buroker is that every character in practically every one of her books snorts. Does she snort or have a relationship with a snorter? Did she read "Are you My Mother?" once too often as a child? If you don't get the reference, you've never read that Dr. Suess book by P.D. Eastman. I'm sort of giving away the fact that I'm a teacher, but there it is. Too much snorting! I didn't take any stars though, because it's such a minor issue.
Joy Rancatore
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lindsay Buroker's Dragon Blood series continues to be a well-written, fast-faced collection of stories that follow delightful characters through action-filled adventures in a steampunk setting.

Blood Charged brings the people readers fell in love with in the first two books all together for a daring mission behind enemy lines to retrieve or destroy a powerful substance thought to be extinct—dragon's blood.
Sharon Hughson
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m thoroughly enjoying this series. This installment earns 4.7 out of five stars from me.
While this story included a complete arc, it introduced enough new clues to keep me interested in reading the next installment. I’m a huge fan of Ridge and Sardelle, so I really want to see them get a happily ever after where they can be their true selves.
Charlie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: clock-and-steam
The series kind of took a dive. The first book was a great read. The second was enjoyable. This one just kind of feels like it is forcing the characters along a path to the next book. I understand that this is a part of a series, but the end of this book does not feel finished.
I enjoy Lindsay's writing style and story-telling, but this story just felt flat to me.
Jordan
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the book and enjoy the characters and the worldbuilding around magic and technology. I purchased the first three books of this series as a box set on sale, and while I feel I got my money's worth I won't be continuing due to other issues I have with the worldbuilding of the two warring countries.
Caitlin
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I got the first three books as a bundle, discounted. The third book provides more development amid the action and chemistry, but not enough that I'll be rushing to buy book 4. I'm not ruling out sometime later, but these characters didn't grab my attention and make me want to know more as much as other Buroker stories have.
Chris Jackson
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing installment from Lindsay! The way she portrays the characters just flows like water, from one scene to another. The trek into enemy territory was a wonderful one full of adventure and risk. Zirkander and Sardelle get closer as a couple and so do Cas and Tolemek.

I cannot wait to read the next installment
Jon Barber
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm psyched to learn that this is a series, not a trilogy. I will definitely be reading "Patterns in the Dark." All 3 books were quick reads and compelling characters being thrown into odd and dangerous situations. I like the combinations of swords and airships, magic and science, and the wonderful combination of a scientist/pirate, perhaps the most interesting of all the characters.
Teryl
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I did enjoy it, but I did find some of the teasing language was a little outdated - candoodling for example, do people still say that? It just dropped the level a little, for me.
What I most enjoyed about the series was the mix of technical developments and magic ie guns, planes juxtapositioned with sorcery. There was also a mention of mammoth hunting...
  • The Kraken King and the Abominable Worm (Iron Seas, #4.2; Kraken King, #2)
  • The Necromancer's Betrayal (The Final Formula, #2.5)
  • The Clockwork Wolf (Disenchanted & Co., #2)
  • Prince of Hearts (The Elders and Welders Chronicles, #1)
  • Kilts & Kraken (Gaslight Chronicles, #3)
  • The Last Mage Guardian (Guardian's Compact, #1)
  • Mercenary Courage (Mandrake Company, #5)
  • Revenge of the Mad Scientist (Airship Adventure Chronicles #1)
I'm a professional blogger by day and an indie fantasy author by night. Evenings belong to the dogs, tennis, and books.

Dragon Blood (8 books)
  • Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood, #1)
  • Deathmaker (Dragon Blood, #2)
  • Patterns in the Dark (Dragon Blood, #4)
  • The Blade's Memory (Dragon Blood, #5)
  • Raptor (Dragon Blood, #6)
  • Soulblade (Dragon Blood, #7)
  • Oaths (Dragon Blood, #8)