Start by marking “David's Selfie” as Want to Read:
David's Selfie

David's Selfie

When David, a single father, vows to get laid just once before the year ends, he doesn’t figure on losing his cell phone—and with it one very revealing picture. Lucky for him, his phone is found by a disarmingly handsome man who might be perfect for the kind of casual Christmas fling David is after.

Go-go dancer Craig never would have guessed that the guy with the cute cock
Published November 18th 2014 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about David's Selfie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about David's Selfie

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
David is a physician and a single dad taking care of his 3-year-old. His life is tea parties and kid cartoon, and all he really wants is to get laid. Is that too much to ask?

Craig, a former foster kid, is working on his master's in exercise science while holding down two jobs: Zumba instructor and go-go dancer.

When David sees the sexy go-go dancer at the nightclub where he's meant to meet his blind date, he's immediately filled with lust. But David's blind date is a big ol' leather daddy weari
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--Just Say No to Selfies--Stars!!

Who would have thought taking a crotch shot could lead you to the man of your dreams???

David's looking to get back on the dating scene after the death of his wife. He's always been bi. Having a 3 year old daughter limits his time. He's also a doctor.

He takes a crotch shot to send to a guy on a dating site...

Seriously, do people really do that???

David goes to meet the guy at a bar and sees that he's a leather daddy and freaks. In the process he leaves his phone
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Ho ho ho! This book was holiday-licious! Light and sweet, it perfectly hit the spot!

I have a thing for bi-sexual MCs. It is kind of like my new thing, people. Though I have yet to read a story where the guy is bi and goes from guy to girl... any M/F authors want to try??

Doctor David is a widower with a small child, and he is trying to get back on the dating scene. I really related to him and his struggles to find time for romance with a kid in tow. David is sort of out of shape and out of practi
Shurrn
Such a sweet fun read!
How had his life come to this? Knowing all about removing crust from a kid's nostrils and nothing about how to have a date with a willing partner? [...] it occurred to him if he could handle parenthood, he should be able to manage anything.
Sometimes you need something sweet and light to lift your spirits, and this book certainly delivered!

This is the perfect book to put a Christmas-themed smile on your face. Even though it has a holiday slant, I think it would be enj
SheReadsALot
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers who can't take too much Christmas sugar

FOUR HEARTS--My first load of Santa jizz and I'm in a great mood. No Christmas sugar induced coma either.

Why "David's Selfie" works for me?

It's not annoyingly sugar sweet where the Jizzmas spirit miraculously saves all the problems.

The author seems to have the same sense of humor as me. Funny is as funny does, I actually laughed at few scenes. (The first chapter with the crotch selfie? *snickers*) Oh, I like it when I share the same humor. (I'm saying this in my Stewie voice)

And this was reali
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

Light and sweet, “David’s Selfie” is a Christmas’s story that tells the story of David, a bisexual 30 years old man. David is a doctor and a single parent to Maya, an adorable 3 years old little girl, after his wife died a year ago. With his job and his daughter, David doesn't have a social life. He feels lonely and he wants to have someone. He is trying to get back on the dating game. An event will lead him to Craig, a 26 years old man.

Craig lived is a foster home until he was 17. He works two
Nick Pageant
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday, m-m
Yay! Super cute, super sexy Christmas story! The MCs are both very likable and the kid did not make me want to commit murder.
Sara
I am in love with this story. Enamored really and I just want to read it all over again and again and again.

I enjoyed this so much and yeah, I am a sucker for stories like this and with kids.

David is a widower with a toddler. Having lost his wife Ana, he decides that it’s time for him get back to the boy love side of being bisexual and get laid. Feeling brave, he attempts to take a selfie of his package, with an insistent toddler outside the door. Having three kids, I loved the reality of this s
* A Reader Obsessed *
In the left corner you have David. A single dad, widower, doctor who is venturing into the scary world of online dating. He gets cold feet when he's supposed to meet someone for the first time, and in his haste in getting away, leaves his phone at the club that has said incriminating photo.

In the right corner you have Craig. College student, zumba instructor, go-go dancer who is tired of playing the field and trying hard to make ends meet. He finds David's phone after his stage dance and his int
☆ Todd
May 31, 2015 rated it liked it

*Quick & Dirty Review*:

I liked it, but didn't love it, which is odd because I *love* me some (male) strippers.

The blurb's spot on, so no need for my recap here.

The whole drama with Craig's pissy, controlling roommate, Joaquim, resolved a bit too easily and cleanly, so the ending felt a bit rushed to me.

The part that I nearly fell out of my my chair over was (view spoiler)
Ami

This is only my second story from Ms. Harris after From the Ashes and I think her stories might fall into 'too-smutty' in my spectrum -- which unfortunately, influences my whole reading (and rating) experience.

When the story involved a single father and a go-go dancer who was working to pay through his school, I expected a more complicated emotional situation. How could the go-go dancer dealt with being embarrassed enough for his job that he didn't really say anything to the single dad?
Gigi
David's Selfie was one of those frustrating books that felt like it was just about to grab you and become a great story of love and healing and renewal and hope, but never quite latched on and followed through. I'm not sure if it was the length of the book or the way it was written or if it was just me, but I didn't feel the connection between the MCs, Dr. David Letterer, a widowed father of a three year old girl and Craig Harding, a masters student who taught Zumba lessons and was a gogo dancer ...more
Eli Easton
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy Daisy Harris books. There's something effortless about the writing that just pulls me through to the end. This story has a basic hurt/comfort sort of plot, but I enjoyed seeing Go Go boy Craig get a real home with the kinky doctor. Thank you for a fun read, Daisy!
Denise H.
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
**** Unusual, but very sweet Christmas time short story !
Dr. David Letterer, dark hair and glasses,

is trying to begin again, but it's harder than he imagined after his wife's death, and him raising is 3 yr. old daughter, Maia, too.
Craig is a student, has his Bachelor's degree,

and getting his masters, plus he dances at night at a club. David tries to meet a date at the club, but when he sees the hard core leather daddy, he takes off. Craig finds David's lost phone and calls.

They meet, talk,
Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder
MMRG Xmas Bingo Week 4.5: on TBR shelf before 1 Nov 2018

This is a second read of this super-cute novella and I stand by my 5-Star rating.

David, a widowed father of a tot and doctor is determined to “get laid” before the new year finds himself with a boyfriend instead.
Erika
3.5 stars.

Very well done novella about a cute (and very sexy) unconventional couple. The kid was appropriately written and didn't overshadow the story.

I've actually never read this author before, but this story made me want to peruse her other work. Hopefully it's longer!
Elspeth
Dec 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: twenty-forteen, ebook, mmr, mle
This just wasnt for me. I just wasnt invested in the story and couldn't connect with the characters.
Pjm12
This was light and flirty, exactly what I was looking for after a much darker read. David is a very sympathetic main character - a terrific dad to his 3 year old daughter, and who is ready to move on after the death of his wife a couple of years ago.

He falls for the very hot bar-dancing zumba teacher, Craig, who keeps some of his part-time work a secret, because he is enjoying his dates with David quite a bit. His reluctance to have the dancing part of his life overshadow his attempts at a norma
Adrianamae
3.5 rating

A light, fun little story that would have been 4stars if it weren't that the conflict with the roommate, defused the tension with a too quick, unsatisfying resolution. He should have at least kick his balls, punched him, or slapped his face. I certainly would have. But then I'm a vengeful bitch, so what do I know. The story also had a rushed ending. Craig finally leaves his apartment, and suddenly we are in an epilogue...wtf?

That doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy this story. I did very
Bitchie
This was cute, but forgetful. I thought it was a bit silly for a couple of grown ass men to have such a hard time finding time/space alone to be together. David, at least, should have been able to spring for a hotel. It just brought to mind young adults rather than fully grown men, one of whom was a doctor. However, the sex was plentiful and hot, and the kid actually acted age appropriate, so I'm giving it 3 stars.
Brooke
A cute little holiday story to get your fluff fix. Although this is a "Christmas" story it didn't really throw me into the holiday spirit but I enjoyed it overall. I would have been happy with more story and was disappointed that the ebook ends at 90%. It took about 2 hours to read.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I found this one slightly frustrating since there were quite a few rather deep issues that were only skimmed over. Craig's abuse at the hands of his roommate were never fully explored, and the romance between Craig and David seemed...underdeveloped.
Wandering Reader

Sweet, short, instalove palette cleanser to be read between books with heavier themes.
Anke
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute read with a very satisfying epilogue! And this was my first read for my first Countdown Challenge! Go me!

And I swear - in future I will use less exclamation marks:)
Andrea
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt
Thank you so much, namesake, for recommending this to me!!!

This book was just the right combination of feels and fun, and I really enjoyed spending time with both main characters.

A perfect naughty Christmas story about two people from completely different people (a widowed doctor with a little daughter and a guy supporting himself through his master's degree by go-go dancing and giving Zumba classes) finding each other and figuring out how to make a relationship that seems doomed from the outse
Christine
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, ebooks
I liked the book but then again I thought this story had real potential to be something better. David and Craig are great but I think they could have been better.
Jewel
3.5 Stars

This was actually a fun little story. David, having been widowed for just over a year, decides he really would like to get laid. He's not looking for a relationship, he just wants sex. So, he meets a guy online gives the requested cock shot and arranges for a hookup. Once he actually sees the guy, though, he seriously loses his nerve and leaves the bar in a panic. And manages to lose his phone in the process.

Craig is one of the gogo dancers in the bar David went to. He finds David's pho
Jennifer Lavoie
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't even care that the book was short. I freaking LOVED it.

I love David. I love Maia. I love Craig. It was so cute and sweet and sexy and just awesome. Just what I needed at that moment!

David is a great single father to Maia. She is a sweet little girl and well written, too. She acts her age, which I liked. The author didn't make her three going on twelve. And Craig is the perfect blend of eager and nervous around her. He is awkward when alone with her, and she, like a typical three year o
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, reads-2014, xmas

4 dickpic stars

David wants to get laid. As a doctor and a single dad of the 3-years-old Maia that's quite a challenge. When he flees out of the bar he had a blind date at, he forget his phone on the toilet. Fortunately, Craig the go-go dancer finds it and give it back to him.

I really liked that David and Craig were real. Both of them had their struggles and insecuritiys which made them touchable. And I loved that Maia was like the 3-year-old she is supposed to be without taking over the story.

So
dbbks3
A cute, sweet love story. Craig works at a job that he doesn't want and lives with a roommate who is a egotistical bully. David is a widower with a little daughter. David has no life outside his daughter. Craig has no life outside of school and trying to never be homeless again. They meet and it is hot.

It was nice to have characters with depth and real emotion. I enjoyed this story. It made me happy.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Trouble With Elves
  • Lab Rat's Love
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Hazel Takes Over (Lyon Road Vets, #3)
  • The Festivus Miracle
  • Busted (Wellington Guys #1)
  • Misinformation
  • Needing A Little Christmas
  • Launch the Hunt (Grizzly Rim #1)
  • Gaudete
  • If Only in My Dreams
  • Crossed Hearts (Hearts and Scars, #1)
  • Einstein's Peep Show
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Unwrapping Hank (Unwrapping Hank, #1)
  • Tutus and Tinsel (Half Moon Bay, #2.5)
  • My Name is Luka (More Than Friends, #7)
  • Heart Trouble (Hearts and Health #1)
Retired party girl and science fiction enthusiast, Daisy Harris spends most of her time writing sexy romance and plotting the fall of Western civilization. Her books can be found on Amazon, Nook, and wherever else fine erotic romance is sold.

Ms. Harris lives in Seattle, where she tortures her husband by making it rain. She enjoys watching bridges cause traffic, watching football games cause traffi