Start by marking “Melchisedec: A Character Study” as Want to Read:
Melchisedec: A Character Study

Read Excerpt

Melchisedec: A Character Study

The Priesthood of Jesus Christ is patterned after Melchisedec! This makes Him important and you should know about Him!

See what the Bible actually says about Melchisedec.

This book takes each of the characteristics that the Bible ascribes to Melchisedec and examines them. The study of these attributes is then compared with those of Jesus Christ.

* Melchisedec is only named tw
Paperback
Published February 13th 2013 by ChristLife, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Melchisedec, please sign up.
Sylvia He is a priest from the heavenly order. His name means "king of peace". If Jesus is the prince of peace who would you think he is?
There is no record…more
There is no record of his birth or death.(less)

Brian Eshleman
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I may be tough on the author to prove my objectivity, as this book was a gift which he was honest in asking me to rate. Jesus, my Melchizedek, obviously gets as many stars as I've got to give for eternity. So far as the book points to Him, these are thoughts worth dwelling on.

The author's lesson is well thought out and biblically based, and if the tone of a lesson on a particular topic is what he wanted, he's got it. I could have been drawn into the topic a little more by how he chose it, how th
Robert Dallmann
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Any serious Christian
Shelves: influences
While conducting research for a different project I was reminded of Melchisedec. I was powerfully moved by the fact that the Bible says that Jesus' High Priestly ministry was patterned after Melchisedec.

He is mentioned by name only eleven (11) times in the Bible and seven (7) of these state that Jesus' ministry is patterned after Melchisedec!

It was a great joy writing this book, and the character study that has resulted in "Melchisedec - A Character Study" has deepened my understanding of Jesus
Lawrence Shawbrooks
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is seriously well worth reading. For me, its opening and obvious love of the Lord is excellent. It reads well throughout addressing its subject matter interestingly and in depth.
Sheba Hall
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Get to know Melchisedec/Melchisedek in relation to Jesus Christ. A truly inspiring and educational awareness!
Rosamaria Noel
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this book via a good-reads giveaway contest.
This book is an interesting comparison of Melchisedec and Jesus Christ.
The author sheds light on this mysterious character in the Bible, Melchisedec is only mentioned a mere handful of times in the Bible, 2x in the OT and in one entire chapter In Hebrews in the NT.
I would recommend all to read this.
Many times we remember the stories of the Biblical historical figures that are constantly spoken of (Abraham, Lot, Noah, Moses, Jesus, John, Luke, M
Sheuringd1988
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Bible Study

A closer look at Melchisidec brings deeper understanding of Jesus and God's plan of salvation. The author makes a strong case for Melchiisidec being a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ, and the passages used enable Christians to recognize God's direction and power from Genesis throughout the entire Bible. Well-researched and written, 5 stars.
Audrey
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The occasional times I ever considered Melchisedek I would be puzzled who He might be. When I came across this book I was intrigued and decided to read it. The author makes it very clear that Melchisedek is none other than Jesus Himself. All of my questions have been answered. It is so clear that what the Bible says is true!
Dawn Weiss
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great resource

Melchizedek is a hard to understand person in scripture. The author does a great job supporting his supposition that Melchizedek is the pre incarnate Christ. Nicely done.
Ruth
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: give-away, owned-book
The author writes this book under the premise that Melchisedec is a pre-incarnate appearance of Jesus Christ. To the author's credit, he does state at the end of the book, that this belief is not a requirement to the believer. I do believe in pre-incarnate appearances of Jesus, but I did not end up convinced of this one. Whether you end up convinced or not, this book is full of scripture references that you can use for personal study. I received a copy of the book for review purposes.
Jackie Beaudry
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, previously I glanced over the character of Melchisedec in the Bible, mainly due to my lack of understanding. But this study makes the case that he was not just a “mere king” but the pre-incarceration of Jesus. The author uses scripture to clearly show the servanthood, and the continual and consecrated life of our High Priest.
Louisa Black
This is a detailed and thorough look at the Priest Melchisedec.

Little is known about him and the books Genesis and Hebrews is where this author concentrates on getting his information and putting his case across.

This is a character study, not a novel or formatted to read through as a piece of non-fiction as you might be used too, but a format that breaks down the scripture and tries to join the dots up regarding the authors clear argument of what he believes the Bible tells us about Melchisedec.
Titan Rozario
Frederick Rotzien
Jul 21, 2014

• Excavating Jesus: Beneath the Stones, Behind the Texts
  • Shrewd: Daring to Live the Startling Command of Jesus
  • Understanding the Difficult Words of Jesus (REV)
  • Take and Read: Spiritual Reading (An Annotated List)
  • God Dwells Among Us: Expanding Eden to the Ends of the Earth
  • The Philosophy of Jesus
  • How God Became Jesus: The Real Origins of Belief in Jesus' Divine Nature—A Response To Bart Ehrman
  • Hard Sayings of Jesus
  • Jesus: The Greatest Life of All
  • Jesus: 90 Days With the One and Only
  • Jesus: A Theography
  • Love Walked Among Us: Learning to Love Like Jesus
Robert (Bob) Dallmann was born in a small town in upstate New York, and lived a bit of a "wild life" until late 1983. In December of 1983, Bob repented of his sinful ways, and accepted Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection for him. Since that time, Bob has sought to live a fully devoted Christ-glorifying life. The following is a list of some of the things that have helped create Bob's writing sty ...more