Jump to ratings and reviews

Melchisedec: A Character Study

The Priesthood of Jesus Christ is patterned after Melchisedec! This makes Him important and you should know about Him!

See what the Bible actually says about Melchisedec.

This book takes each of the characteristics that the Bible ascribes to Melchisedec and examines them. The study of these attributes is then compared with those of Jesus Christ.

* Melchisedec is only named twice in the Old Testament.
* Seven times, the Bible says Jesus is a Priest after the Melchisedec order.
* Hebrews chapter 7 is primarily focused on Melchisedec

He must be important! Who is He?

Paperback

First published February 15, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Robert W. Dallmann

5 books156 followers
Robert (Bob) Dallmann was born in a small town in upstate New York, and lived a bit of a "wild life" until late 1983. In December of 1983, Bob repented of his sinful ways, and accepted Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection for him. Since that time, Bob has sought to live a fully devoted Christ-glorifying life. The following is a list of some of the things that have helped create Bob's writing style:

* Attended Bible School
* Billy Graham Crusades - Counseling Supervisor - Buffalo, NY crusades
* Full-time ministry in New York City (streets, homeless outreach, etc.)
-(Bob lived in NYC four years doing evangelism throughout the Big Apple)
* Several short-term missionary trips (Africa, Europe, North America)
* Evangelism
* Preaching and teaching
* Actively involved in internet and literature ministry
* Prison ministry
* Involvement with international students outreaches
* Counter-cult ministry outreaches
* Martial arts ministry (training since 1984)
* Children's ministries

Bob's love for Jesus Christ and the Bible combined with his years of varied experience and unique way of looking at things, make for very interesting reading.

Here are links to the ministries that Bob helps to lead:

ChristLife, Inc. - www.Christ-like.net
Warriors of the Sword - www.Warriors-of-the-Sword.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
3 (8%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 13 of 13 reviews
Profile Image for Clay Davis.
Author 3 books110 followers
October 18, 2022
A well researched study on an interesting figure in the Holy Bible. The author's conclusions appear to be biblically sound.
Profile Image for Brian Eshleman.
818 reviews100 followers
September 20, 2016
I may be tough on the author to prove my objectivity, as this book was a gift which he was honest in asking me to rate. Jesus, my Melchizedek, obviously gets as many stars as I've got to give for eternity. So far as the book points to Him, these are thoughts worth dwelling on.

The author's lesson is well thought out and biblically based, and if the tone of a lesson on a particular topic is what he wanted, he's got it. I could have been drawn into the topic a little more by how he chose it, how this particular aspect of Christ's glory captivated him, and how the principles of this area have continued to draw him in. There aren't many illustrations to draw in the reader if this area is not at the epicenter of his or her interest.
Profile Image for Robert Dallmann.
Author 5 books156 followers
July 24, 2020
While conducting research for a different project I was reminded of Melchisedec. I was powerfully moved by the fact that the Bible says that Jesus' High Priestly ministry was patterned after Melchisedec.

He is mentioned by name only eleven (11) times in the Bible and seven (7) of these state that Jesus' ministry is patterned after Melchisedec!

It was a great joy writing this book, and the character study that has resulted in "Melchisedec - A Character Study" has deepened my understanding of Jesus and has strengthened my faith. I pray that reading this book will do likewise for you.
Profile Image for Pamela.
29 reviews
July 16, 2020
Was Melchisedec really Jesus? Was he a pre-incarnate manifestation of the Son of God? There is much written in the book of Hebrews to indicate that Melchisedec was a "High Priest," but was he the same person as Jesus Christ?

In "Melchisedec-A Character Study" Robert Dallmann addresses Melchisedec and if, in fact, he was a pre-incarnate appearance of Jesus Christ. Mr. Dallmann's conclusion is that Melchisedec and Jesus are one and the same.

This book presents facts and Biblical evidence to support his conclusion. It certainly caused me to think deeply about the subject. Having been raised in a family with both Catholic and Protestant influences, I read this character study with great interest. The book is very deep and the information is clearly presented. It is a study which each reader must consider for themselves.

No matter what conclusion or prior influence the reader of this book draws upon, there is no denying that Melchisedec is an extremely important figure in the Bible. Mr. Dallmann presents his beliefs with great sincerity and depth. He certainly caused me to view the subject as I have not in the past. For that reason, I feel this book is a worthy read.

*With special thanks to Robert Dallmann for providing me with a review copy of this book
Profile Image for Read-n-Bloom.
301 reviews9 followers
August 21, 2020
Loved this study on Melchisedec. If you've wondered who is Melchisedec, the man who the Bible only mentions somewhat, read this book study and it will help you to figure it out. Or at least help you study on who Melchisedec is. Is he a pre-incarnate of Jesus? Read to find out.
Profile Image for Lawrence Shawbrooks.
Author 1 book3 followers
September 7, 2016
This book is seriously well worth reading. For me, its opening and obvious love of the Lord is excellent. It reads well throughout addressing its subject matter interestingly and in depth.
Profile Image for Sheba Hall.
41 reviews
August 1, 2017
Get to know Melchisedec/Melchisedek in relation to Jesus Christ. A truly inspiring and educational awareness!
17 reviews7 followers
August 15, 2017
I won this book via a good-reads giveaway contest.
This book is an interesting comparison of Melchisedec and Jesus Christ.
The author sheds light on this mysterious character in the Bible, Melchisedec is only mentioned a mere handful of times in the Bible, 2x in the OT and in one entire chapter In Hebrews in the NT.
I would recommend all to read this.
Many times we remember the stories of the Biblical historical figures that are constantly spoken of (Abraham, Lot, Noah, Moses, Jesus, John, Luke, Mark, Mary, Samaritan woman, etc ) yet we forget the roles of other individuals whom were of significance.
125 reviews
November 22, 2016
Excellent Bible Study

A closer look at Melchisidec brings deeper understanding of Jesus and God's plan of salvation. The author makes a strong case for Melchiisidec being a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ, and the passages used enable Christians to recognize God's direction and power from Genesis throughout the entire Bible. Well-researched and written, 5 stars.
Profile Image for Audrey.
1,363 reviews71 followers
January 7, 2017
The occasional times I ever considered Melchisedek I would be puzzled who He might be. When I came across this book I was intrigued and decided to read it. The author makes it very clear that Melchisedek is none other than Jesus Himself. All of my questions have been answered. It is so clear that what the Bible says is true!
Profile Image for Ruth.
265 reviews1 follower
October 3, 2017
The author writes this book under the premise that Melchisedec is a pre-incarnate appearance of Jesus Christ. To the author's credit, he does state at the end of the book, that this belief is not a requirement to the believer. I do believe in pre-incarnate appearances of Jesus, but I did not end up convinced of this one. Whether you end up convinced or not, this book is full of scripture references that you can use for personal study. I received a copy of the book for review purposes.
February 26, 2019
I have to admit, previously I glanced over the character of Melchisedec in the Bible, mainly due to my lack of understanding. But this study makes the case that he was not just a “mere king” but the pre-incarceration of Jesus. The author uses scripture to clearly show the servanthood, and the continual and consecrated life of our High Priest.
Author 1 book80 followers
November 24, 2014
This is a detailed and thorough look at the Priest Melchisedec.

Little is known about him and the books Genesis and Hebrews is where this author concentrates on getting his information and putting his case across.

This is a character study, not a novel or formatted to read through as a piece of non-fiction as you might be used too, but a format that breaks down the scripture and tries to join the dots up regarding the authors clear argument of what he believes the Bible tells us about Melchisedec. What is very clear is the author's clear conviction and he does go to great length to describe this and back it up.

As a reader, I didn't feel he shared the information in a way where it was clearly explained so I could search the scriptures myself, it was as though I was being told what to believe and not explained to or helped as a student of a character study to discover the scripture myself.
This was a character study so I expected a bit more of a studious stance to it but for me it didn't come across that way.
The author clearly assumes [and quite rightly] that you have a deep instinctive knowledge of the scriptures and arguments for this case before you read his notes.

For an ebook of 77 pages there is an awful lot packed in and I found I had to really take my time to read this through.

I may not share all of what the author's conclusions were and I would not recommend this if you were a new Christian starting out, maybe if your a bit more further along in your study then I would highly recommend this.

I wish the author success in his future works.

Displaying 1 - 13 of 13 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.