Start by marking “For One Night Only” as Want to Read:
For One Night Only

For One Night Only

Kate Powell only went and fell for the soldier she’d met just once before he had to jet off on a year-long posting overseas.

Seven months in, and Kate is hornier than a blue wildebeest in mating season with only her battery-powered friend for relief. Her skills as a pen-pal scale new heights, but then a text message arrives out of the blue.

Corporal Mark Butler is back in
ebook
Published September 26th 2014 by Breathless Press (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about For One Night Only, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For One Night Only

Start your review of For One Night Only
The BookChick
For One Night Only is what I would classify as a spicy bite. It was short and sweet but packed a gentle punch with the story. Kate Powell and Mark Butler have a thing going on. They met at a club and had an explosive night of passion together. Sadly, Mark's job with the military didn't allow the couple to build an in person relationship. However, they agreed to go it the old-fashioned route by sending letters to one another. Through their letters, Mark and Kate were able to learn each other and ...more
Debbie
For One Night Only might be a short story, but Allie A. Burrow gives romance lovers a full length love story with Kate and Mark's melt-your-heart romance. Although this is a short read, the intimacies and character development are not missing between Kate and Mark. Burrow did an awesome job at giving us romance readers the swoon worthy with the sizzling hot romance.

While I was reading Kate and Mark's love story, my own heart ached for Kate. And the scene that got me all teary eyed was at the en
Alaine Batty
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and it is the first book I have read by Aurelia which is steamy and not a YA.

The book is short but it is a wonderful quick read, how ever I wouldn't recommend reading this book in public or at work (Due to college asking me why I was blushing while reading)

In this book we meet Kate Powell who has gone and fallen in love with a soilder who she met in a club, she feels the undeniable heat and sexual chemistry between them but doesn't want a relationship based only on sex -
Jennifer Schultheis
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For One Night Only is a short, yet satisfying read, that will leave you melting from the characters and their interactions. When I read a short novel, I don't expect much in terms of how deep the characters can get with their feelings. Allie A. Burrow definitely exceeded my expectations, because even though the characters had a short amount of time to be with each other, their feelings were expressed deeply and intensely.

This story is about a soldier and is his woman, and making the most of wha
Carmen Falcone
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For One Night Only is simply perfect. A sassy novella with a high heat level, and characters we love. After months away, Mark is in London for one night only. He’s in the military, and still has some time left to serve. The author portrayed that conflict very well. The hot sex (and yes, there’s a good amount of it) didn’t conceal the lengthy silences and the tension building between Mark and Kate.

While they tried to make the most of their short time together, they also had to come to terms with
Incy Black
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not sure a sizzling hot story can be sweet, but this one was, which made for a terrific, intense, little story. Little, because it's short--think coffee break, private coffee break--but don't let the page count lure you into thinking this isn't a big story, because it is. For One Night Only is big in characters, big in heart, and huge on steamy sex scenes.

I don't believe many could have pulled off so convincingly, the depth of emotion and heat captured by Ms Burrow in a short story, and its a te
Brantwijn Serrah
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderfully sweet, if fast-paced romance. Given the setting and the situation of the two main characters, though, "fast-paced" is appropriate! Ms. Burrow aptly captures the sense of a whirlwind encounter, the brief reprieve of a long separation, loomed over by the threat of renewed separation to come. The bright elation in Kate, unexpectedly reunited with her military man Mark, permeates the fun, frisky romance. The author does a wonderful job, too, of pacing the romance so the big mom ...more
Bex 'n' Books
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewer: Bex
Disclosure: This ebook was provided by the author in exchnage for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.

For One Night Only is a short and spicy read. I was engaged and found this novella entertaining as well as hot. The novella was well executed, with just the right amount of depth to push her characeters and make me happy to follow their story, especially as Kate and Mark are a lovely couple.

The ending was a bit frustrating, as it was understandable and expected. I would lo
Samantha Tonge
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow - this read certainly left me breathless! I devoured it in one sitting. A combination of erotic writing with a sweet premise. Will Kate's long-distance relationship with soldier Mark survive? Is their attraction enough for one night only, or for the long-run? A short, sexy story that will leave you wanting more!!
Melanie
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
O My Goodness!!!! This is my first read from Allie and I have to say that I could not put this down!! Read it almost in one setting. The steamy connections that the two characters have will make you feel that you are right there with them. I absolutely loved how Allie packed so much into this short read. Thanks Allie for the great read and keep up the great work to keep us entertained!!
Bobbie
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This short story is a perfect escapist hit - raunchy and romantic, steamy and sweet, titillating and tender. Burrow manages to create a real story around an erotic encounter, infusing her characters with life and building an undeniable chemistry between them. I'd love to read more like this, and I'd also love to see this style expanded into a full novel.
Susanne
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
In this novella, soldier Mark and Kate haven't known one another long but Kate has promised herself not to be with anyone else. Then Mark returns from duty for just one night. So much can happen between dusk and dawn!
Boundaries may be pushed and broken but never doubt these two should be together. This is a hot, spicy, short read.
Brenda- Anderson
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the story of Kate and Mark. The building emotions between these two are perfect. It's funny, sweet, exciting, and HOT! It's filled with plenty of hot sexy moments in a great short story with a lot of romance that will make you swoon.
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant!!

Wished it was longer.

Made me smile all the way through and its written perfectly!

Sue
Sep 25, 2014
Margaret Ford
rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2016
Vivek
Sep 27, 2014
Allie
Jul 17, 2014 marked it as i-wrote-it  ·  (Review from the author)
Nancy
Shelve of books
Jan 29, 2019
Ashley Harrington
Mar 27, 2018
Allie A. Burrow writes sensual contemporary love stories that are both sweet and romantic but with a liberal dash of heat added. When not burning up the pages, you'll mostly find her marauding as Aurelia B. Rowl where she pretends to be far more sweet and innocent and writes young adult, new adult, and contemporary romance stories.

She lives on the edge of the Peak District in the UK with her ver