Start by marking “Skyscrapers & Camelot (Renovate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Skyscrapers & Camelot (Renovate, #1)

Skyscrapers & Camelot

(Renovate #1)

Keegan was my world since I was six years old. When he walked out of my life, I was certain I would never see him again. He broke my heart, but truthfully I only have myself to blame. Now I'm looking into his incredibly beautiful blue eyes. He came back into my life as quickly as he left. Both of us have changed over the years, but I can't imagine living another day withou ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 298 pages
Published August 3rd 2015 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Skyscrapers & Camelot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skyscrapers & Camelot

Amy
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Skyscrapers & Camelot follows the story of Aimee and Keegan. Aimee and Keegan have been friends since they were six years old. Somewhere along the way, Aimee’s feelings for Keegan grew into more. On Keegan’s last night home before college, Aimee takes a chance and kisses Keegan. It was one of the best kisses of her life. Too bad that kiss changed everything. She never saw Keegan again after that night. Now years later, fate has brought the two of them back together….

Skyscrapers & Camelot
Yvonne (bookishpanda)

4 awesome to-the-stars stars!!

I am soooo glad the author reached out to me and asked me to read and review her book because honestly? I LOVED IT SO MUCH! I read it in 2 sittings and it would have been one if I didn't have to go to sleep (it was already around 3am)!

The characters are absolutely amazing! We have our main characters Aimee (I love the name!) and Keegan which were both really likable but then there's also his brother Kaleb and Aimee's best friend/roommate Reece. Let me tell you ...
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-arc
4.0 TO THE STARS STARS!!!

“You look like a princess from one of those princess movies—you know, the ones where someone rescues them. You have the prettiest, shiny hair, and I think I saw your eyes sparkle when I first saw you.”

I LOVE THIS BOOK! There I said it...I mean who wouldn't?When you get to read  Skyscrapers and Camelot you will know what I mean. This is one of those light hearted, fast paced read even without too much of a drama and not too much angst will keep your heart racing because o
Crina (Reading Addict)
This was ok. The story is kind of a mess of all the possible cliches in a romantic story and the biggest one is the fact that they were friends in childhood and now they meet after 8 years. Really? And if they were completely in love with each other why the hell they waited?! I'm too logical for stories like this.
I wanted to like it, I tried, I even finished it, but the characters were flat, I felt like I read this story already in other books, even the sex scenes are flat written and I felt no
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was instantly drawn in by the intriguing blurb and title and I was not disappointed! I found the title to be absolutely perfect for the storyline the author went with. I loved Keegan and Aimee and their whole relationship and connection. They are one of those couples who meet at a young age and you are just rooting for them to get their happily ever after. I read this in one big long sitting and was absolutely captivated with the story.

I loved this book and the only reason why it's not receivi
R.C. Martin
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gifted an advanced copy for an honest review.

I enjoyed this story. I read it in almost one sitting. I was definitely intrigued for the duration of the novel, constantly wondering what would come next. I don't want to say "this was great for a debut" because I believe it was simply enjoyable, regardless of the fact that it was Mindy's first book. I liked the way the plot was developed and how certain things came to light at just the right (or wrong) times. I did get that dreadful feeling that com
Books Laid Bare
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A mere child, Aimee’s life is broken when her mother passes away but the resulting family relocation has a more dramatic effect on her and despite the fact that she is with her father and indeed her grandparents, this heartbroken little girl wants nothing more than to go home.
But all that changes when she meets the little boy from across the street who will go on to have such an important part in her life…always.
This really was a book that tugged at the heart strings and rightly so.
From their
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Mindy Carter is a new author for me, but one I will be sure to follow. She creates unforgettable characters, friendships, loyalty, and true love. Mindy has the ability to keep you engaged in the story and truly happy for the characters when things are right.

SKYSCRAPERS AND CAMELOT is the first book in the Renovate Series and contains everything that makes a good book. Romance, humor, suspense, and for those that believe in love at first sight, this is the book for you.

This is Aimee and Keegan's
books are love
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dear Ms. Carter

Like Jerry Maquire you had me at Hello and didn’t release me. The ending though please no no..Keegan and Aimee have been through so so much please don’t let it end this way…

Also I know this just came out but the next one is needed. I can’t stand to see these two perfect, beautiful, kind sweet amazing people who have loved each other for forever not be. Keegan found his soul mate in Aimee at seven years old. They were so adorable. He is a great guy just was afraid at first and than
Tiffany Readz
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars-Pleasantly Surprised

When I choose books for review it's usually a few weeks or months in advance. Skyscrapers & Camelot was up on the list and just from the title I wondered what made me look closer at it. After reading the blurb I was reminded of the long lost loves reuniting and upon finishing the book, the title is such a cute fit.

From the start up until around the 50% mark, Skyscrapers & Camelot was too sweet for me. Maybe even too proper in the writing. Our long lost loves
Michelle
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Keegan James and Aimee Brennan were best friends and neighbors growing up until Keegan left for college. Aimee never heard from him again and now, 8 years later, she is on her way to his architecture firm to do an interview for her magazine. With a starting point like that, I was intrigued. A few pivotal past scenes are shared, but the present time is the main focus, all in Aimee's POV. I found Aimee to be very likable and relatable. She works hard and has a very down to earth personality that i ...more
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from Between The Sheets Promotions in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's release promotions.

As a debut novel, this was a good one. Of course, a lot of people love the premise of this book. you know that love you find when you're still a child? The kind of love that grows with age, breaks your heart, ruins you for other loves, and comes back into your life after many years? Yeah... We all love that kind of love story.

It's no wonder why this book
Amanda
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received for an honest review

Read on behalf of Read and Share Book Reviews

OMG I totally loved this book it was amazing!! Huge 5 stars for me!! There is nothing better in my opinion than a second chance romance. Keegan is so swoon worthy and was such a little Prince when they were young. Aimee was down to earth and real. I loved everything about this book and the angst, oh the angst. I swear my heart was in my throat for an hour after I finished it!! I can not wait for the next book!! 2016 seem
Darleen
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-english
» Review can also be found on Orchids & Amethysts.

Title: Skyscrapers & Camelot (Renovate #1)
Author: Mindy A. Carter
Rating: 2.5 - 3 / 5

Thanks to NetGalley and Book Enthusiast Promotions for letting me receive a digital copy of this book.
Julie
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review of Skyscrapers and Camelot by Mindy A Carter
4 stars
Aimee was lucky enough to find her soul mate when she needed him most. She was a little girl, hell-bent on running away from home and her neighbor Keegan was determined to go along and keep her safe. He kept her safe that day, and every day up until the day he left for college taking pieces of her heart with him.
The night before Keegan left for college Aimee kissed him. She was sure based on his reaction that she was the cause of their fa
Renee
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Report.

Castles And Camelot is the first book in Mindy Carter's Renovate Series.

Aimee and Keegan first met when she was running away from home at six years old and have been best friends up until he walks away from her. Aimee carries all the guilt and blame around for the loss of her best friend from her life. Eight years later Aimee is all set to interview the great Keegan James for the magazine Framework she
reading the sheets
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What to say about this book…I absolutely loved it!!!
Aimee and Keegan were childhood friends,along with Kaleb, Keegans brother they were inseparable they did everything together, grew together,until the night Keegan is due to leave for college Aimee kisses him ,Keegan doesn’t know how toreact to it and that is the last time she sees him the next day hes gone…no goodbye.Years later Aimee now works for a magazine with her best friend Reese they are working on an important article which involves int
Dawn
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What to say about this book…I absolutely loved it!!!
Sunny
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

I read this book very quickly. It is a good story. I love the best friends from childhood story. It is so sweet and you just have to sigh when you get those stories. Keegan and Aimee meet when they are 6 and 7. Keegan decides from the moment they meet that he is going to take care of Aimee forever. They lose touch when he leaves for college and you know that Aimee is heartbroken. They finally meet again as adults and it is a pretty funny meeting. You will have to read it to see why I thought it
Louisa
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I ALWAYS love to read new authors. So, thank you Mindy for asking me to read your book.

Mindy has taken us from when Aimee is only 6 years old to the present. At 6 years old, she in a new town, missing her mom, living with her Dad and grandparents. She wants to go "home". She decides to run away and meets Keegan. The 7 year old boy who will forever change her life. Mindy takes us back and forth seamlessly through their lives as young children, teenagers and now in their mid 20's.

Their paths cross
Beyond the Pages
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
First Thought (post completion of reading): Well, darn!

Skyscrapers and Camelot - a great name for a pretty darn good book.

I liked this story. At first, I thought it was going to be mild and mellow with no real drama, but I was certainly surprised by the turn of events. Keegan and Aimee...and Gretchen. That triangle was explosive, to say the least. I don't know what Keegan was thinking. Omission is never good!

About the Characters:

- Aimee: Meek-mannered, good friend, career-oriented, loving and
Dana Busenbark
A lost little girl, grieving over the death of her mother. Moves from the only home she has known to live with her father and grandmother. She decides she is going to run awa soon after being there and meets the little boy across the street. They're inserperable from that moment on, until he leaves for college. She grows up, becomes a writer for a magazine and has to do an interview with him. Little does she know. Watch as these two, Keegan and Aimee, work to re-find one another after 8 years ap ...more
Wendy Leonard-Richardson
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am a little on the fence on how to review this book. I enjoyed it, I really did. It leaves you with a major cliffhanger and I can't help but feel we are missing a lot of the story.

This is a second chance romance between two "soul mates," Keegan and Aimee. Of course there is the villain you just love to hate, Gretchen. Aimee is a weaker h than I usually like. She seems to ignore (read stick her head in the sand) key warning signs that Keegan is less than honest with her. Keegan is very cryptic.
Nancy Metsch
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amiee Brennen is working her dream job in New York City. She works as a writer at a magazine called Frameworks. Then one day she gets the assignment of the lifetime. An Interview with the famous Keegan James.
Keegan is named the most eligible bachelor he is also Aimee's childhood best friend and the love of her life.
Keegan and Aimee met when they were both 7 years old.
I have never read anything by Mindy before, I am so thrilled to have read this book. It's a combination of comedy, drama and
Geri
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aimee has the job she has always wanted and is living her dream when she gets an opportunity to interview the very successful Keegan James. Keegan and Aimee have a past together and when they meet again, Aimee feels like the little girl from the past who fell in love with the boy next door, but when he seems to not remember her, she is crushed. This story is terrific! We relive their initial meeting and how they came to depend on each other and fall in love with each other from an early age and ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aimee and Keegan a story of second chances. A romance that shows love can overcome any obstacle if your love is strong. Oh boy did they have obstacles, time another woman and trust issues. Yeah you could say the drama that surrounded our two lovers was difficult and would have crumbled the tallest of buildings, but their foundations were solid.
This book sucked me in from the get go, I mean we had drama from the beginning leaving you craving answers ans so much more. A nail bitter till the end wh
Susan
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very sweet love story! (Until the end, quite the cliffhanger).

Keegan & Aimee met as children living across the street and became the best friends. Things changed with Keegan starting college and now it's been 8 years since they have seen one another.

I really enjoy all the characters in this story, Keegan and Aimee are great together, Kaleb (Keegan's older brother) and Reese (Aimee's sister from another mister) are fun to watch. But Gretchen is the woman you will love to hate.

Good book, bu
Susan
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very sweet love story! (Until the end, quite the cliffhanger).

Good book, bu
Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This book really kept me guessing. Yes, it was that type of book might I add it really good. We start off with Aimee and Reese. They are working on an important article. They are going to be interviewing Keegan James, CEO of James Architecture. Aimee and Keegan go way back. They haven't laid eyes on each other for about eight years. It was like young love that was lost long ago. Now that they reunite can they be able to get back to that. Do they still have enough ashes to keep to spark fire agai ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Pay Dearly (Revenge Series, #1)
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
  • House of Aces (House of Aces, #1)
  • Blood Kiss (Nephilim Warrior, #3)
  • Fixing Sydney (Branson's Kind of Love Trilogy Book 1)
  • Under Her Wings (Sistas, #1)
  • Haunted Love
  • Entranced: Part Two (Guardian Academy #1b)
  • Stand of Redemption (Stand, #2)
  • Of River and Raynn - The Catalyst
  • Heath (Roughneck Shorts, #2)
  • The Original Sin
  • Restricted - Volume One (Restricted, #1)
  • House of Fire (Unraveled, #2)
  • Kieran the Black
  • Sweet Agony (Ex Ops #3, Sweet #1)
  • Soul Of A Woman (The Dark Souls, #2)
Mindy has been in love with love, as long as she can remember. As a child, you could find Mindy engrossed in fairytale books and dreaming of her happily ever after. She was lucky enough to find her prince charming and lives in Ohio with him and her four beautiful children.

Renovate (3 books)
  • Restoration & Forgiveness (Renovate, #2)
  • Construction & Devotion (Renovate, #3)