Start by marking “The Wicked + The Divine #2” as Want to Read:
The Wicked + The Divine #2

The Wicked + The Divine #2

(The Wicked + The Divine (Single Issues) #2)

Diabolically divine pop-god Lucifer is in trouble. She offers superfan Laura an unprecedented deal if she helps. It’s a bargain. A Faustian bargain, and they always turn out so well. Who knows who Laura will turn to fulfill it? We do. Clearly. It’s our comic. You can know too if you buy this fine pictorial narrative with your human money coins.
Published July 16th 2014 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Wicked + The Divine #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wicked + The Divine #2

Sam Quixote
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In The Wicked + The Divine, Kieron Gillen gives new meaning to the term “rock gods”!

Every 90 years twelve gods return to Earth as young people for 2 years and then die. This time around, they’re all music stars - rockers, rappers, popstars - and someone is out to kill them. Luci (short for Lucifer) foils the assassination attempt against her and her pals in the first issue but she was arrested. In the dock, it looks like she kills the judge by snapping her fingers - but she claims it wasn’t her
Ady Weasley
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La continuación de la historia, sabemos un poco de la historia de Lucifer, su origen.
Esta interesante la historia, quiero saber qué más pasa
Leah
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
10/6/17
Rereading for the #getgraphic readathon.

The hype leading up to The Morrigan is fucking everything.

8/2/14
I absolutely loved the second issue in this. Laura’s character was fleshed out a little more, which I enjoyed reading, and the other gods got name dropped. Luci (Lucifer) inducted Laura as her personal minion, and sent Laura on a task to one of the gods, The Morrigan, but that task got shot to hell (I think, the issue ended on a cliffhanger).

The art is my favorite part of this comic bo
Tina DeSalvo
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I mean... the make-up. Wow! Gorgeous.
ke-sha
Always with the cliff hangers huh?

If you haven't read the first issue well turn around now because there's spoilers for that but otherwise this is a Spoiler Free review.

So last we checked Luci aka Lucifer was taken to jail for killing the judge even though we all know she didn't do it.

The question of who did is not answered in this issue.

We do get to see more back story on Luci and we see some of Laura's home life.

I'm more intrigued than ever before to see where it's all heading A few theories
Aldo Haegemans
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I am interested. And I Will keep Reading. So far it Just is confusing like you get thrown into this story without allot of background info.
Sabrina Fox
In this issue, the fan-girl we were introduced to in the first issue visits Luci after being framed for murder. In order to prove that Luci is innocent, she has to bring the other Gods together. In tow, a smart-assy journalist comes up with some information on where "The Morrigan" could be found.

Did I say in my first review that I was hooked? Yes? Well, I'm saying it again. I am loving the characters, and how well drawn they are. All of the conversations between characters are great, and help th
Joaquin
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Me ha parecido increible. Me esta encantando esta serie de comics. 5/5
Pam (The Girl Who Cried Books)
"You spend all your life wishing you were special. And then you find out you are."
-Amaterasu

2 volumes down and I'm already totally obssessed with this series. Why is this not popular??
Leo
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Hmmm, this is still to weird for my taste.
barbara ❅ the reader
I'm still lost but is so awesome that I don't really care
Sibil
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I just discovered that there is a Spotify playlist for this series, so I have to listen to it while reading! And that means that I have to go on and read also the third issue, not that it would be a sacrifice, but now I have more motivation to do it.
I liked this second volume, and I want to know more about all of the characters. The idea is really good, and maybe I could fall in love with it even despite the illustrations? Who knows! But I would try to read the next one soon.
Roma A.
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
The story's getting weirder and weirder. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Let me read in the next issue.
Alberto
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
No está tan bien como el primero pero te deja intrigado y con ganas de más.
La
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mira que yo no he sido nunca de cómics pero es que estos me tienen enganchada 😍😍😍
Amanda Leon
If you like my reviews, check out my beauty and book blog, ReadsByAmanda.com! Thanks for reading! :)

For the sequel and the second issue of this series, Laura makes a deal with the devil (quite literally, cue the laugh track) and we meet two other gods deep in the London Underground.

If you haven't read my review of the first issue in this series, you can check it out here, where I explain the basic set up of this world.

Issue two is fantastic and makes the 32 pages feel a lot longer, and we are
Morv
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic
This has been a really entertaining read, although I haven't been able to find the first issue of this comic, it wasn't hard to follow - though I suspect that many people would need to read issue 2 if they can't get the first issue rather than just diving right in.

It's an interesting read about 12 gods who are brought into life every 90 years to live amongest the humans, of course there is a catch, which is that they are only alive for two years.
This issue deals with Laci - Lucifer - being in ja
Keri B.
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Vicki Leanne
May 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
• 2.5 stars •

I love the artwork in this issue, but I really don't have a clue what is going on... I need backstory and more fleshing out of characters but all I'm getting is beautiful images and a confusing story line.. I'm not sure if I'll continue on with this series after volume 1, I don't think this is for me.
Hannah
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Bought this hoping the story developed more and started to become gripping, it didn't.
I just can't get my head around the fact that the artwork is so beautiful, and the story so full of nothing.
Rated 3 because of the artwork, honestly, if I didn't love the art so much I wouldn't have bothered reading the second volume.
diane
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Sweet jeebs, the art in this book. The transformation of Luci is like my most favorite two page splash I've ever seen. It rivals the tree rocket ship of Saga for me right now, and that's saying a lot.

Fleshing out of the idea of the comic, some interesting interactions, meet some more gods! It's still intriguing and I look forward to reading more.
Aura
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
Ya que el primer volumen había sido tan cortito y rápido de leer, me lance con el segundo y me enganchó más que el primero, quizá porque ya sabía de que iba la historia. El dibujo sigue siendo magnifico y los colores igual de brillantes que en el primer volumen.
Eriel Kiersten
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
"You spend all your life wishing you were special and then you find out you are." I just hope this means more surprises! It's hard to catch up with all the new characters and info (I'll get to rereading later), but someone's part of the pack now.
Hector
Jul 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Primeros números decepcionantes salvados por el dibujo. La última vez que pasó eso con una serie de Kieron Gillen terminó siendo uno de los mejores cómics del año (Young Avengers) así que tiene carta libre por ahora.
Caroline
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-comics
Reminiscent of American Gods and Ananai Boys. I'm hooked! Monthly subscription here I come!
Lezli 22
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow, we are getting some really interesting places. The new King of the Underground looks hot as hell!
Ryan
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not as much happened in this one, as it did in the first one, but I still freaking loved it. I had an eyegasm looking at the art and the plot twist at the end...not ok writers...not ok.
Ria
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Triiiiiippy. I'm still not entirely sure what's happening but it sure is pretty, love McKelvie's artwork, so clean.
Rainey
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am loving the introduction of The Morrigan.
Hayley
Well that was a surprising cliffhanger ending!
  • Saga #21
  • Ms. Marvel (2014-2015) #6
  • Sex Criminals #8: Robert Rainbow
  • Lumberjanes #7
Kieron Gillen is a comic book writer and former media journalist.

The Wicked + The Divine (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • The Wicked + The Divine #1