Start by marking “Part-time Princess (Ladies in Waiting #1)” as Want to Read:
Part-time Princess (Ladies in Waiting #1)

Read Book

Part-time Princess

(Royally Wed #1)

Two princes are in love with Lucy. Too bad she's an imposter...

I waitress at MadDog biker bar to pay my uncle’s rent at Assisted Living. I work my a** off but when I pour a pitcher of margaritas on a loser harassing my BFF -- I’m fired. I scour want-ads until I find one that doesn’t make me want to hurl.

"PERSONAL ASSISTANT WANTED: Twenties. Fab people skills. Celebrities
Published (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Part-time Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Part-time Princess

Start your review of Part-time Princess (Ladies in Waiting #1)
Miranda
 photo princess_zpsrbm33nte.gif

4 cute stars

I liked this book. It took some getting used to but I really enjoyed it by the end. The heroine, Lucy, seems quite a bit immature in the beginning of the story but slowly matures throughout the book. She's hired to do one job -- be someone else for a few weeks. Not just someone, but a famous someone. Here's where it takes your imagination to go with the book. Lucy doesn't look anything like the girl Elizabeth until she gets a super nice makeover. She learns to walk and talk like
Pamela
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it. I love it. But of course. I might be partial, yes?

I can't wait to write the next one and stir up more trouble. And wait until you hear the Audio version narrated by Lesley Fogle. It is hilarious! And a huge thanks to Regina Wamba at Mae I Design for a freaking adorbs book cover.

This book is just a little naughty but a whole lot of fun.
Nadine
Nov 28, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear, what was this? A young woman, desperate to make money (to pay for her I think grandfather's nursing home bills) signs up to impersonate a princess from a small European country who had lived in the USA for a while. To her closest family and the press. Nobody suspects anything even though she blurts out a telling faux-pas in nearly every second sentence.
The writing on the cover spoils a major surprise, which really sucked. I t all seemed so designed to appeal to the not so smart (sorry).
Olivia-Savannah
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review can originally be found on Olivia's Catastrophe: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/20...

*Thank you to the author for the review copy*

If I had to compare this book to one other, it would definitely be the Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot… but then again, I like this book more than those!

At first I found it hard to get into the style of writing. The book was written very much through the voice of the main character, called Lucy. And well, she seemed at first to have a childish way of thi
Beth
Once upon a time, there was a young woman named Lucy Trabbicio. She was down on her luck and really needed a job. You see, Lucy didn't take kindly to obnoxious men in a bar and dumped a pitch of water down drinks on a specifically nasty piece of works head. Leaving her in a quite a predicament. When a once in a lifetime chance comes up to save her financial situation, Lucy reluctantly jumps on board.

You'll never guess what her part time job entails and she can't tell you because she's under cont
Margaux Espinosa
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
*Received copy in return for honest review*

This book was incredibly charming, witty, and fun! Pamela DuMond is an incredibly talented writer, and I am so glad I got a chance to read this book. The plot was great, the writing perfect and the characters were hilarious! I couldn't have been more please, from the very first page I was hooked in and fell in love with Lucy.

Lucy is bold, outspoken, self reliant and always getting herself into situations that aren't ideal. She loses her job, because
LadyTechie
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very fun and hilarious story.
AndiG
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
4 stars

You know those books where the MC annoys the hell out of you, and it makes the whole book sound like mouldy cheese? This was not one of these books.

The MC Lucy, was one badass heroine in my books.

A few nights ago, after I had finished Part-Time Princess, I googled "How to become a princess" and found a quiz on whether I'm a Princess on the inside or not. Apparently, I'm not really fit to be a Princess, but you know what, I was one of those kids that when they grew up, I wanted to be a
Michelle
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

Part-Time Princess is a romantic comedy that is part Princess Diaries and part imposter story, (an example is slipping my mind). It was a very cute, very funny and overall very fun read. It is just the kind of light read that you can escape into for a couple of hours and come out the other end feeling happy. It wasn't perfect, but it was a lot of fun. And sometimes that is just what I am looking for in a book.

I loved
Punkin
Full of awww.

Interesting twist. Rather loved the mush ending. It was really cute but a little slow start. . . . .
Tiffany Marie
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Rating: 5 stars

A light-hearted, romantic comedy that leaves you wishing you were royal!

Lucy Trabbicio is an imposter! An all-American girl hired to impersonate Lady Elizabeth, royalty from Fredonia, while she is on a "business trip" to Chicago. What could possibly go wrong in their situation? Apparently a lot!
Lucy is immediately immersed in the world of royalty & finds herself being swooned by not just one prince, but two! First she meets Prince Nick, on her airplane trip from Chicago to Fred

Becky
Shelves: arc
*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Part-time Princess is a story about Lucy, one of the kindest, sweetest, most thoughtful girls you have ever met. Life hasn't always given her an easy ride and now to top it all off she has lost her job and is in desperate need of a new one.

Cue a vague add on Daveslist, the oddest interview ever, and a couple of weeks of training for the new job. To impersonate Lady Elizabeth Billingsley for a couple of weeks until she can tie up
Amy Burch
Shelves: advanced-copy
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Part-time Princess was a fun, easy read that had me laughing out loud and enjoying every minute of the story.

Lucy is a young woman who has recently lost her job and is struggling to find money to pay for the care of her only living relative when she responds to an intriguing job ad it leads her on a crazy adventure to the country of Fredonia where she finds herself impersonating Lady Elizabeth Billings. Throw in a two handso
Carole
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It's a smart and funny rom-com. And let's face it, what female doesn't dream of being a princess and swept off her feet by a handsome prince. PART-TIME PRINCESS has heart and sass and romance. Pamela DuMond's characters are likeable. Lucy is hysterical as the 'acting' princess who finds herself in one tangled mess after another. And Nick is just what any girl could want in a handsome hunk who always shows up in time to rescue our hapless heroine. I especially got quite ...more
Orinthia Lee
*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review*

And now I want to get a part-time job as a princess just like Lucy! Well, who wouldn't?
After got fired from her last job because she was defending her co-worker, Lucy got to find another job so she can still pay for her uncle's life comfort. And then she got this job vacancy, called for an interview in a luxury hotel, and then she got the job! She had no idea that she got to impersonate Lady Elisabeth from Fredonia. And her stru
Jo-Anne
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
What's a girl to do when a man is being an asshat? She dumps a pitcher of beer over his head, of course. But when you are a waitress and do that to a customer, you are suddenly not a waitress anymore.

Lucy, the ex-waitress, needed money to keep her uncle in an assisted living center so she took a part-time job impersonating Lady Elizabeth Billingsley of Fedonia. Lady Elizabeth had to be away on urgent private business. Not wanting anybody to know, she hired Lucy to fill in for her. Lucy also had
Cynthia
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-comedy
When you life falls apart and you hit rock bottom with others depending on you to take care of them what will you be willing to do to make that happen? Lucy had to ask herself that question she finds she does have limits as she crosses off one ad after another until one catches her eye, she applies and is given the job. It sounds so easy but as we know things never come easy for Lucy it is no different. She is pulled into a world wind of royalty, lies and deceit which add tons of humor that will ...more
Ariella
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lucy was hired to impersonate Lady Elizabeth because of how much they resembled each other. However, Lucy's 10 day gig, lasted a lot longer than planned as Lady Elizabeth courted her new boyfriend.
As the rouse worked in Elizabeth's favor , the prince believed Lucy was Lady Elizabeth, only Lucy met another man on a flight to find Lady Elizabeth.
Poor Lucy, just wanted to go home , found herself on the marriage alter, betrothed to the Prince.
As Lucy couldn't stand the betrayal to her new
Love nick
Isha Coleman
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Class and sass equal out to pizzazz...
Lucy is an imaginative and fiesty character. She's a scrapper. Not afraid of hard work, but despite her station in life, she never loses her sense of humor. I love this character. Modern meets and delivers age old. Easy to love. Hard to forget.
Crystal
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
A solid 4.5. I enjoyed the story although it was very similar to Hallmark movies and some other royal books I’ve read. Lizzie and Nick were a great couple, though, and the bit of mystery was fun, so even while predictable, I really enjoyed it!
Mandi Morgan
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Very funny. Great ending. Loved all the characters!
Amanda
Jul 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF.

Terrible editing. Couldn't get past the grammatical errors, or the near-parody(?) of the Latina character at the start.
Tony Sommer
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Story

This was a very good love story. It is comical in a way and full of twists and turns that kept me intrigued throughout the story.
Adele
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilariously funny
Steffi
I really hoped this is a parody but I am afraid it's not... ...more
Coco.V
Mar 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/7/2019)! 🎁
Deborah
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part time princess a romantic comedy

I loved it. I found myself smiling, chortling, and/or laughing throughout the entire story. I'm now inspired to find my prince and HEA.
Readsandeats
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read.

Lucy looses her job and gets another. This one thought is different in that she is pretending to be Elizabeth. Elizabeth is the girlfriend of a crown Prince but has to stay in America for a couple of weeks longer. Lucy goes back in Elizabeth's place and so many things happen.
Will Lucy survive until Elizabeth gets there, Will Elizabeth go back back?

I would recommend this book.
Dirty Dayna
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
314 pages
 photo arc_zps18b56b1b.png

5 Lady Lucy Marie Trabbicio Stars
Seriously this is the type of book that makes me love YA! Hell this book made me feel so many emotions that many romance novels have been lacking. Yes there is romance in here.. the amazing kisses and fade to black love scenes but in a book like this it delivered everything I needed. It was achingly sweet, it was refreshing, it was amazing and I loved it!

This is a story about how a girl name Lucy is tasked to impersonate the princess and keep her be
Kayla
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an easy listen once I got used to the tone of the narrator. I wish I could be a part-time princess! Light, fun-hearted story that you can listen to while cleaning - it should make you smile while vacuuming.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Devil Wears Tank Tops (A Kate Saxee Mystery Book 2)
  • The Devil Has Tattoos (Kate Saxee Mystery #3)
  • Devilishly Short #1 (Kate Saxee Mystery #1.5)
  • Hidden Hollywood (Happy Endings Book Club, #1)
  • The Devil Drinks Coffee (A Kate Saxee Mystery, #1)
  • Looking For It (Three Player Co-op #1)
  • After the Night (Romance for all Seasons, #1)
  • A SEAL's Oath (The SEALs of Chance Creek, #1)
  • The Play (Brit Boys Sports, #1)
  • Cheeky Royal (Royals Undercover, #1)
  • Tempting Levi
  • Love on a Summer Night (Pine Harbour #4)
  • Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)
  • Slow Burn (Into The Fire, #2)
  • Offside (The Barker Triplets, #1)
  • A Cruise to Murder (A Rachel Prince Mystery #1)
  • Hopelessly Shattered (Sacred Sinners MC - Texas Chapter #1)
  • Deadly Cruise (A Rachel Prince Mystery #2)
Pamela DuMond is a Doc of Chiro as well as the USA Today  Bestselling author of Part-time Princess copyright 2014 and other modern fairytales.

Pam doesn't use ghost writers or 'repurpose' other authors' stories. Pam writes her own books. #Iwritemyownbooks She's proud to have pitched the real life ERIN BROCKOVICH story to 'Hollywood' where it became the Academy Award nominated movie.

Pam writes wit

Royally Wed (4 books)
  • Royally Wed (Royally Wed, #2)
  • Part-Time Poser (Royally Wed #3)
  • Royally Knocked Up (Royally Wed #4)