Start by marking “Last Chance to Fight” as Want to Read:
Last Chance to Fight

Last Chance to Fight

After a nine-year separation, high school sweethearts Hunter and Anna reunite for a steamy adventure. But the forces that threaten to tear them apart might be even stronger than the forces of their attraction.

At seventeen, Anna Blakesley thought she was going to die. To spare him the pain, she cut ties with the man she loved, resigned to never seeing him again.
Published July 13th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Last Chance to Fight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Chance to Fight

Start your review of Last Chance to Fight
Vickie***
first person to write a review on this book on goodreads! But as much as it pains me to say this, personally, I was not a big fan of this one.

The cover is what caught my attention, and then it was the plotline.

The plot, to me, was very intriguing, but the actual story just did not do me good.

In the middle of everything there was just so much secrets that Hunter had that it just pissed me off. The kind of secret that the person your starting a relationship with MUST KNOW!!!!!

And when Anna found out part of the se
beth myrick
Jul 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ohhhhh no no no no

Ohhhhh no no no no

move along. you will just want to knock the s$$t out of every character in the book except for Jackie and Jane and Jake....ha go figure that one cause it's the hero's best friend, wife and child. anyway everyone else just sucks. for an mama fighter he is as close to a Pollyanna dude than I have ever read about. seriously I was waiting for the next words he said to Anna to be something along the lines of .... golly gee, Anna. and don't even get me started/>Ohhhhh
Angie
**My review contains spoilers**

Anna has moved back to her hometown in California from Australia where she moved years ago to get cancer treatment by the best doctors. Now that she's in remission she's ready to move back home to work as a physical therapist. She's also hoping to reunite with her first love, Hunter.

Hunter is an MMA fighter who now has to go to a new physical therapist for his knee since his old PT is no longer available. This is where Hunter and Anna reconnect. Hunter has a**My
Becca Mitchell
Aug 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book was hard to read. It was poorly written. The writing seemed juvenile to me. The storyline wasn't believable. They were apart for 9 years and just picked up right where they left off. I couldn't feel the chemistry or connection. The characters were also annoying and too cheesy. The heroine didn't have a backbone and I couldn't believe how she dealt with the hero's secret.
Kristina Taylor farrell
This was a cute story and a good book if your looking for a quick read. The couple is really cute together but their relationship seemed a little bland and the story feels a little bit rushed. But it is a good book if your looking for something new on a lazy Sunday.
Brandi {BusyBwith3}
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I decided to try this book on a whim because of Amazon Unlimited. The reviews were okay but I took a chance, why not?

I'm glad I did. It had a good plot. Even tho I could tell where it was going, I enjoyed the way the author gets you there. Not all stories have to be nail biting over the top drama. This is a nice story about soul mates and second chances. It has a bit of drama for interest and some sexy scenes.

It was like setting and having a chat with an interesting friend. Things t
Sonia
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Thought the book was going to be interesting, good concept. But I didn't enjoy it. I didn't even care how it ended. I couldn't handle all the "oh's" in this book, everything was oh this and oh that.
Kelly Woolerton
Jul 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ugh DNF at 35% coulda had potential but both main characters were lame!
Catherine
Aug 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Very juvenile plot, dialogue and general calibre of writing. At 90 % I binned it. Couldn't be bothered finishing since it was so predictable.
Mo_Better
Jan 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Ashleyjo
Feb 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
The time frame jump here really didn't work for me, & isn't likely to work for anyone that isn't recuperating from a lobotomy.

Nine years is a long time, especially when someone you love just ups and leaves and never once tries to contact you.

So, It's unbelievable that he wouldn't be pissed or at least be more cautious with his feelings.

Instead, within days of seeing each other, with no explanation for the radio silence over nine years, they're calling each other baby, having p
Julie
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2014, romance, mma
Boring is the best way to describe this book. Let me count the reasons:

It is told in alternating first-person chapters from Hunter’s and Anna’s point-of-view, but the “voice” of both characters sounds EXACTLY the same. And they both sound female.

The only real conflict in this story is with Anna’s former boyfriend showing up to cause some trouble. But even that, and a bit of Anna over-reacting to Hunter not telling her sooner about his daughter (even though Anna kept it a
Crystal Feaster
Jul 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Ok I guess I need to explain why I scored this book so low it's only fair I guess well for me it kinda started good and than it was like every bad thing that could possibly happen was happening......and why Anna left Hunter was just plain silly....and they were far to young for this serious relationship that was portrayed....the main thing was really all the things going on at one time you never knew what was gonna happen next and omg the things they were afraid to tell each other this book was ...more
Karen
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, sport
Sensitive MMA fighter

MMA I'm thinking pure alpha, take charge, amused by fiesty claimed woman. Hot ripped guy on cover check, masculine name Hunter check, MMA fighter excessive testosterone levels check & check.

So it was a little weird reading this at times. It's great that Anna was assertive but two times she went toe to toe with a psycho fighter & her man was there behind her. Also she took over in the bedroom & their conversations as Hunter was to worried h
Jenny Charles
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
I love an book about a fighter and the cover is what initially made me buy the book. When I read the blurb, I thought, second chance romance, even better. However, when I finally finished this book I was a bit disappointed.

The story was very rush. Everything happened really quickly. I didn't feel a connection to Anna and Hunter at all. And the twist was a bit ridiculous. I'm giving it 3 stars because it did hold my attention and it was a quick read.
Keatyn's Mommy
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story about second chances

We meet Anna and Hunter. High school sweethearts that are separated for many years while Anna moves away to Australia for medical treatment. Hunter a skilled MMA fighter and broken hearted misses his soul mate Anna.

Anna and Hunter has a second chance encounter as luck would have it

Can they rekindle their love for each other. Will their secrets destroy them.

I enjoyed this sweet love story about second chances
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mma-fighters
It's was a nice little story..........secret 1 I think she was too easy on him....Secret 2 can understand how she is feeling after what she went throw.......but to act like that on this secret and be OK with the first one.....It was not just him but I think she should have told him her secret before thinking of getting back with him.....I think the last 30% of the book was the best part....
Auhmanduh
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Good idea

But it needs to be reworked. It was rushed, and I couldn't connect with the main characters of the story. I had a hard time giving any empathy and found myself bored or rolling my eyes.

Like I said, great concept but the characters need more depth; the story needs more time to develop.
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Last Chance to Fight is a standalone book by Ava Ashley. Great second chance romance storyline that had lots of twists and turns. The characters were strong with depth, emotion and chemistry. All in all a very solid read.
Jennie
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. The relationship between Anna and Hunter was sweet, what I never felt was why Nate was so hell bent on pulling down Hunter. I need more explanation more than I blame me taking drugs on you. That seemed very flimsy.
Mistie
Jun 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
This story line went from point A to Z and missed a lot of the middle. The word choices were extremely poor, have the time Hunter spoke, especially during the intimate sense I had to skip, corney and borning.
sarah
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Hunter and Anna

This was a good/ok story. I like the characters but the secrets they were keeping that they made the big deal about felt over done. I can deal with that more than the fact this story about mma and really wasn't at all. Was good easy read.
TKins
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a bloody fantastic book the story was cracking. A perfect mixture of fighting and romance and what a lovely true love story.

Loved Hunter phew!!!!!!!! Such a rock hard sweetie if that's possible it's Hunter

Going to look if there are anymore books by this author love the way she writes
Cheri Snuggs
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet story

I loved Anna and Hunter's story. Anna's past was so heartbreaking but she survived. The love they shared was beautiful. The only reason I didn't give it five stars was that as much as I loved Hunter I didn't love the long drug out deceit.
Fatmata Sankoh
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
A good read, though it wasn't what I was expecting. I thought the story was meant to be emotional, but for some reason I can't seem to connect with it. I would recommend as the storyline is ok and maybe its just wasn't for me.
Caroline
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book anna n hunter were great and there chemistry was amazing. I think they did start off quick tho there could of been a good build up but after got into it it was good. First book by this author well done xx
Sydney
Sep 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ca, dnf
It annoyed me. It was all too predictable and solved itself quickly. They re-fell in love waaay too fast and I get they were holding a torch for each other but nine years? Yeah no. I just couldn't finish.
Dhamiera Johnson
Given the subject matter I thought this was going to be a really sad book, but it turned out better than I anticipated. I'm glad Nate got what he deserved but I really wish Trish was handled properly too. woman to woman, I would have slapped her silly!
Lburt
Great second chance romance. Hunter what a sweetie. I wouldn't call him an alpha male causes hes all heart, but not so sweet I lost interest. Enjoyable read.
Zayna
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Soooooooooooooooo GOOD

I loved how it was set like a fanfiction. This is literally a great book. Lots of sexual scenes but GREAT

• Ask Me Why
  • The Dare (North Woods University, #2)
  • Rush of Redemption (The Rush Series #2)
  • Rush of Innocence (The Rush Series #1)
  • Vain - Part One (Vain, #1)
  • Pulse - Part One (Pulse, #1)
  • Vain - Part Three (Vain, #3)
  • Wish
  • Broken Wings (Dark Legacy, #1)
  • Jedson (The Ruins of Emblem)
  • Trace - The Complete Series (Trace #1-3)
  • Revenge Academy (The Boys of Westview Academy #2)
  • It's Complicated
  • Simon (The Billionaire's Obsession #1)
  • Knox: Volume 2 (Knox, #2)
  • Knox: Volume 1 (Knox, #1)
  • Ruin - Part One (Ruin, #1)
  • Knox: Volume 4 (Knox, #4)
Amazon bestselling author Ava Ashley may look like the girl next door, but her steamy romances reveal a very naughty side. Raised in small town Ohio and now living in Homer, Alaska it’s amazing that she hasn’t increased the average temperature in her area of the state with her steamy writing. And she loves reading new adult romance novels as much as she enjoys writing them.

Ava likes sp