Start by marking “Writing Pathways Grades K-5 (Performance Assessments & Learning Progressions” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Writing Pathways Grade...

Lucy Calkins

Writing Pathways Grades K-5 (Performance Assessments & Learning Progressions

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  14 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Performance assessments, learning professions, student checklists, rubrics, and leveled writing exemplars.
Published January 1st 2013 by firsthand/Heinemann

Be the first to ask a question about Writing Pathways Grades K-5 (Performance Assessments & Learning Progressions

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Writing Pathways Grades K-5 (Performance Assessments & Learning Progressions
Brooke Riley
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Writing Pathways has some gems in it, including how to use writing checklists while avoiding the "checklist mentality." Lucy Calkins suggests placing student skills on a learning progression and then showing students the next steps to help them move up the ladder. I liked that the checklists, rubrics, and learning progressions were all included. I also appreciated the benchmark pieces that can help to show kids in conferences what is looks like to move up the ladder.

I have a few red flags about
Robert
As I continue my summer reading to improve my writing instruction, I took on this book. My father taught me to tackle the biggest tasks first. This thick, double-columned book was the logical choice after the introductory book.

There is good in this book. In a perfect world, Calkins describes what reading would be. She is enthusiastic about her craft; she writes as though all students will write beautiful pieces willingly.

This assessment book, however, has left this teacher with many questions.
Barb Keister
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is the assessment part of the TCWP Units of Study for Writing that are based on CCSS. We've been using these units of study for a couple of years, but want to delve into the assessment process more deeply this year. Good suggestions on how to use on-demand assessments throughout the year to lift the level of student writing as well as teacher collaboration.
jacky
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, ed-content
Borrowed this from the assistant principal to learn about the new writing assessment. Found a lot of positives, but also concerns. Some points transfered to my own practice with older students.
Julia