Start by marking “Freedom (Mended Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
Freedom (Mended Heart, #2)

Freedom

(Mended Heart #2)

Chloe Reed and Jake Peterson have been in love since they first set eyes on each other when they were just children. As the years went by, Jake tried to hide his feelings, whilst Chloe let hers be known. Eventually, it was all too much and Jake gave in, though their relationship was kept a secret. Until Chloe drops a bombshell that changes their lives…

Moving away to colleg
ebook
Published October 6th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom

Start your review of Freedom (Mended Heart, #2)
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This is a really sweet second chance love story and can be read as a stand alone as it is a complete story about one couple.

Chloe has had a crush on Jake, her best friend Maisie's brother, since she was a young girl. Jake never really showed any interest in Chloe until one night when he kissed her. They had a 'thing' for a couple of months but it wasn't a public 'thing' and Chloe never felt that Jake was truly committed to her.
When Chloe drops a bit of a bombshell on Jake, he turns his back on
Alina Popescu
Oct 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Freedom is a love story involving teenagers and it definitely reads like one. The characters are what you’d expect them to be at that age – self centered, seeing everything as the end of their life, scared, unable to read people and situations correctly, and making rash decisions that end up altering their lives forever. In that respect, Beth Maria did a great job at portraying the age and state of mind of her characters.

Although Chloe is portrayed as the girl with huge problems that got hurt by
Karyn
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
***I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review***

This book contains sex, alcohol, and drugs – recommended for 18+.

Freedom is Book 2 in the Mended Heart Series. It is recommended that Book 1, Alive, is read first. There are spoilers in Freedom for Alive and Alive, introduces you to all the characters and their backgrounds.

This is a great follow-up to Alive. In Freedom, we get to see the story of Jake and Chloe fully develop and it also answers the questions we have in regar
Kathy Wideman
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Mended Heart series. Chloe and Jake have been in love since they first laid eyes on each other. Jake has known the Chloe likes him but he has been less revealing in his feelings in the past. This past summer they started sleeping together. Jake didn’t want Chloe to tell anyone about it and she didn’t cause she loved the little bit of him the he allowed her to have. Then something life changing happened. Chloe got pregnant. Jake let her down when she needed him most ...more
Escape Reality with Books
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book deals with a heartbreaking decision and the downfall following that and may trigger anguish in some readers that have experienced similar situations.

This is the second book in the Mended Heart Series by Beth Maria and follows Chloe and Jake and their endeavour to find their HEA.

Jake is Chloe’s best friend’s brother and feels an instant attraction the first time they meet. They start a “secret” relationship and seem to be happy until Jake breaks up with her out of the blue.

Chloe is deva
Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)
First published on GenGen's Book Blog

I received an eARC, sent by the author, in exchange for my honest review.
Beautiful…just beautiful. This story talks very well about forgiving others and ourselves, about not giving up. Chloe…very strong woman. She went through an ordeal and… It’s amazing how relate-able this story can be. Chloe always had feelings for Jake and Jake reciprocated those feelings, he just didn’t know what to do when Chloe tells him something that changes both of their lives forev
Kristie Chamberlain
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
* * * * * 5 Loving Stars

Beth Maria has delivered an exceptional Love story.

Freedom will take you to experience the struggles and tribulations that Chloe Reed and Jake Peterson endure throughout their saga.

Love, Hate, Heartache, Pain, Lust, Passion, Compassion, Forgiveness, Understanding and Respect are the emotions you will experience when you read Freedom.

Chloe Reed had a secret that only one person knew about it, and that person was the one and only that still held her heart in his hands. Jake
Debbie
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After getting to know Beth Maria's writing style from the first book in this series, I couldn't wait to learn more about Jake and Chloe. In the first book, the author introduces Chloe as Maisie's best friend and college roommate but we find way more out about her in this book. She has been in love with Jake, Maisie's brother for years, almost since they were kids. She knows that all he likes about her is hooking up and forgetting her but she can't help who her heart wants, can she?
Jake has done
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
As soon as Chloe first set eyes on her best friend's brother she fell in love. When Jake started taking notice of her Chloe felt her life was complete until one day everything fell apart. Jake broke her heart and she was forced to deal with something she never wanted too.
About a year later, she tries to cope with the fallout but the guilt from her mistake eats her alive. She slowly deteriorates, not strong enough to deal with the fallout. It doesn't help that Jake is trying to win her back. But
Linda Field
Freedom by Beth Maria

I'm was give an ARC of this book for an honest review.

Freedom is the second book in The Mended hearts series it is about childhood love, Chloe has loved Jake from the moment she set eyes on him when she was 11 years old. Jake has love Chloe since she walked into his home and laughed at him laughing at the tv.

This story takes you to their college years, where Jake finally notices Chloe.
Chloe is over the moon but she is about to have her heart crushed into a thousand pieces.

H
A.J. Love
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT.

But of course how could I not? After reading Alive, book 1 in the series, I was overly excited to read this.
The way Beth Maria writes is an inspiration.
The story of Chloe and Jake is beautiful, emotional and absolutely amazing. Beth captures your heart and draws you in to the characters so much that you feel like you're there, like you're actually part of the story.

I loved the way Jesse and Maisie featured too, bringing the whole series together.

I was unable to put it down and reads the
Chloe
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get a copy of Freedom as an ARC by Beth.

I knew this book would be good, I just didn't think it would blow my mind. I spent all of the book feeling what Chloe and Jake were feeling. I had happy tears and I had sad tears.
I could feel for Chloe in this book. I understood her better then I have any character.
If you want a book that will make you feel emotion, if you want a book that will take you away from everything. Then pick this book. Read this. You will not be disappoin
Angel, Book Boyfriend Blog
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
**I received this book as an ARC, in exchange for an honest review**

3.5 STARS

This book was heartbreaking from the very start,it is the second book in the Mended Heart Series by Beth Maria. You get lots of Maisie and Jesse from the first book Alive but don't need to read it to read Freedom.
Robyn
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this book so much more than the first!! The characters seemed a lot more mature and I connected with them a lot better than I did with Maisie! I cried so hard through this book I gave myself a headache, it was so emotional at times and my heart broke for Chloe.
***Cheryl***
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
review to follow
Teresa
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-library-list
I have to say I didn't like Jake in the beginning of the book. I think he did a wonderful job taking care of Maisie during her time of need the 2nd time around. This book sucked me in pretty fast and kept my attention until the end. Will look for more Beth Maria books.
Francessca
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I thought this book wa a lot better than the first still a little cheesy but more believable
Xariah Way
Natalie
rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Baby Mistake (Castille Hotel #2)
  • The Sheikh's Secret Baby (Royals of Delani #1)
  • Just Another Chance (Brother's Best Friend, #2)
  • Baby Shock
  • Prince Baby Daddy (Scandalous #2)
I'm the author of The Mended Heart series.

I currently live in England, UK with my two year old son. When I'm not looking after my son, you can find me writing or with my face in a good book.

Reading is where it all started for me. It gave me the courage to write my own book!

Mended Heart (2 books)
  • Alive (Mended Heart, #1)

News & Interviews