Start by marking “Pouvoirs d'attraction (Wherlocke, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pouvoirs d'attraction (Wherlocke, #3)

Pouvoirs d'attraction

(Wherlocke #3)

Lady Alethea est hantée par la vision d'un homme en grand danger - le même homme qui vient lui rendre visite dans ses rêves. Elle ne connaît pas son nom, mais ressent pourtant le lien qui les unit, et elle sait qu'elle est la seule à pouvoir lui éviter la mort, alors qu'ils ne se sont jamais rencontrés. Toutefois, Lord Hartley Greville peut se défendre seul - il l'a prouvé ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Pemberley, 473 pages
Published July 11th 2014 by Milady (first published 2010)

Start your review of Pouvoirs d'attraction (Wherlocke, #3)
Katrina Passick Lumsden
This series just becomes more taxing with each installment. The repetitive writing is blatant, the villains ridiculous, the suspense unbelievable, and one can't help but be confused by the motivations behind the actions of some of the characters.
Barbara ★
What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good man pretending to be a bad boy. I always love how he tries to convince the heroine that he isn't really the bad boy rumors make him out to be. It's fun to watch him suffer (well a little bit anyway).

Hartley Greville is a spy for the English during the war with France. He is in the process of seducing a suspected spy when Alethea Vaughn sees a vision where he is being murdered leaving said spy's residence. Psychic Alethea has been seeing visions of Hartley
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in the Wherlocke series. Lady Alethea Channing has a vision of Lord Hartley Greville and his murder. So she rushes to London and her cousin Iago in hopes of preventing it. You see this wasn't the first vision she has had of him. Lord Hartley is of course skeptical of the woman at first but there is something about her....

Another book that started out pretty good but lost me after a while and while it had it's moments I never felt truly connected to the story. The characters were
Michele bookloverforever
reread on 11-7-16...enjoyed it all over again. Read a third time...Still worth the effort. Love this series.
Cherie
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Third in the series and another hit. Alethea (wish I knew how to accurately pronounce her name) is a member of the gifted Vaughn family and close relation to the Wherlockes. I liked her although I'm getting tired of reading about both sides thinking the other loves them but needing to hear the actual words. Yes, the words will come but it is also true that a person can say "I love you" and really mean that they love things about you, or love that you make them look good, etc.

This story is a
Joelle
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an adventure.Hannah's newest book with the Vaughan's and the Wherlocke's always are full of adventure. With all of them being such a close knit family and all and all with amazing different magical and healing abilities.Even those who are reclusive came out for this adventure.Thanks Mordred.Lady Alethea Vaughn Channing is haunted by a vision of a man in danger-the same man who she has seen in dreams time and time again. She doesn't even know his name, and yet she feels the connection ...more
Shannon
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only real complaint I had is the titles of this series sucks. Oh, and somebody PLEASE take the half-naked people off the covers!

I've read Hannah Howell books before, but they didn't really stand out for me in the romance genre. This series, with If He's Wicked coming before, and If He's Sinful coming after, adds a family with special powers. This particular novel features Alathea, who has visions, and Hartley, who learns to trust them.
Very enjoyable read, and just what I was looking for!
Cecilia
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elibrary-books
Really broad characterizations with little other than paranormal talents to distinguish among the characters. Like many series of this type, other than the villains who are overthetop bad, the book suffers from every character being uninterestingly perfect; better for selling other books in the series, I suppose. Not to my taste, however.
Bonnie Cole
Jun 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hannah Howell is one of my two favorite authors. But, this novel just lacked something. It didn't catch my attention and keep me excited. Usually I can hardly put one of her novels down. This one just wasn't for me but, I will keep reading her books.
Tammy
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this story starts out with a young widowed lady who has had visions of things that will happen in the near future, she also can have visions by touching an object like a necklace or brooch.. she has been having visions of the same guy all her life and one day her visions sees that he is going to be murdered, so her and her uncle go to find him and warn him before this happens.

they find him and convince him with her visions that something terrible is going to happen. each one of Altheas family
Debra
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third of seven books in the Wherlocke series by Hannah Howell. Each story is about a kinsman in the Wherlocke and Vaughn families who seem to have an extra ability to help those around them. In older days they had been burned as witches. Lady Alethea Vaughn Channing has visions of people. While looking in the fire she sees a man whom is known but not known to her getting killed. This leads her on a wild chase to London to save the man. Lord Hartley Greville is a known rake of the ...more
Kat
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I shouldn't have put this book aside as long as I did, as it was a really engaging story. Problem was I was reading it in DTB format.....Couldn't read it in bed, the print was too small, etc. Yes, I am spoiled by Kindles! I love historical romances to begin with; throw in some spies, and it's even better. Alethea and Hartley were perfect as the h and H. I liked that they didn't drag out the "should we?" like is done in so many other books. Plus they liked and respected each other.

The entire
Celia Lewis
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating premise... Excellent story!!

I loved the unusual gifts/talents of the Wherlocke & Vaughn families, and the challenges each experiences! With a dangerous spy - or two - and strong hints of terrible danger interfering, a romance between Althea and Hartley scarcely started before it seemed impossible. A mystery, sharp deadly danger, odd talents which can be helpful or overwhelming... this story has it all. I couldn't pull myself away until I got to the very end! Whew!! Highly
Maggie Shanley
Good beach read, I enjoy reading about the Vaughan and Wherlocke families, but it has been a while. I think this one used characters from other books, so this series might be best read in order and without long gaps. There are a lot of characters.
Jody
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, library
Two main characters are new but minor characters are consistent with other stories minor characters. Lots of drama and intrigue. Modred makes first appearance.
Maudley
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance, Regency and magic - can't go wrong!
What a wonderful series.
Sandra
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Woman has visions, warns man he is in danger. He works for the crown. She helps him find his niece and nephew. Her family also helps in saving him and arresting 2 evil women.
Cyn Hadyn
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Gifted Family

Hannah Howell’s blended family of paranormal talented men and women keeps your interest throughout the book. I heartily recommend it.
Leia Wood
This series is an ok read if you don't read them back to back. I just read 3 of them in a row and realized they are all the exact same story. Sort of disappointed.
Tammy
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wild and sexy

Never underestimate this writer, when you start it's had to put down,country, city party are home no matter the Sean you will be their in the most of it all
Lis
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, ebook, kindle
Spies and espionage with A Marquis and a French spy crosses paths with Alathea who sees his death and tries to change his fate. Another good addition to the series.
Amy
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audiobook and the narrator did a good job. Once again the author wove a great storyline with enjoyable characters that kept me engaged for the whole book.
Zel Polev
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erin Burns
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can fortunately say that Howell is definitely stepping further and further away from entanglements with the evil woman as the relationship conflict, and I couldn’t be more pleased. No horrible spouses nor plotting evil fiances littered this particular story. This time we have a plotting, evil would be mistress. But since the hero never did the deed with her, and since it would have been for crown and country and he was never really deceived by her, I’ll take it as a win. What I’ve won, I am ...more
Holly
It's no secret that I'm a total Hannah Howell fangirl. I own every book she's ever written - and multiple copies of my favorites. I stopped reading the Murray series awhile back because I felt it was becoming very repetitive, but that hasn't stopped me from buying them.

Alethea is a strong woman, but not as in-your-face about it as many other Howell heroines. She has a core of inner strength, but she isn't a warrior or a fighter. Her strength is more emotional. Each of the members of her family,
Marilyn Rondeau
I have been a fan of Hannah Howell and especially her Wherelocke series of unusually gifted men and women family members. Not only are her characters totally unusual and not the run of the mill type of Regency people they generally keep to themselves and present a bit of mystery to those around them.

In IF HE’S WILD, Lady Alethea Vaughn Channing has had visions of a boy - now a man ever since she could remember. She doesn’t know his name only she feels an intensely strong connection. Lately she
Elizabeth Bennet
This is my second favorite book from the wherelocke and Vaughn series. If he's Wicked is the other. The two books are similar in several ways but I have to tell you it still did not bother me. Althea has a gift of being able to touch an object and see what the person saw and felt while that object was in their possession but that's not all. Since she was a little girl she sees a man at different stages of life, different times and going through the havoc life brings with it. It's not until one ...more
Kat Green
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alethea and Hartley, Book 3

Just finished book three in the Wherlocke series! Another excellent adventure into which I can easily immerse myself and stand on the sidelines and experience it right along with the characters. Ms. Howell's creative mind and descriptive way of writing just never disappoints! Romance, paranormal, excitement, and emotions all covered seamlessly in her writing. I also very much enjoyed the talents of Ashford McNabb ... her French accent was a personal delight for me to
Fatinha Caires
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"WHERLOCKE SERIES"
Third book of this series. The romantic story of Lady Alethea Vaughn Channing and Hartley Greville, seventh Marquis of Redgrave.
The Wherlocke and the VAUGHN family is a family with gifts. Some can see ghosts, some can see visions and so many other special gifts.
This is one of my favorite series. I like books that can take me away with my imagination. I like the almost impossible, the almost unbelievable. This is my kind of book. And I really like this author - Top 5

O terceiro
Tracy T.
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a great story. I am loving this series. Great narration! Fantastic characters. The hero and heroine, Hartley and Alethea were wonderful together, great chemistry. Not forced or fake. Some nicely written sex scenes.

The dialogue throughout the book is fantastic, witty, funny and flows so nicely. The plot and story line is great. I love these Wherelocks and Vaughns with their gifts.

Always something going on, not a dull moment. And the villains are truly villains.

The narration is just
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Reckless  (Highland Brides, #3)
  • The Key
  • Highland Hearts
  • The Deed (Deed, #1)
  • The Chase (Deed, #3)
  • To Marry a Scottish Laird (Highland Brides, #2)
  • The Hellion Bride (Brides, #2)
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Scandal And The Duchess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6.5)
  • The Wrong Highlander (Highland Brides, #7)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Sweet Revenge
  • Highlander of My Heart (Macardle Sisters of Courage #1)
  • When a Duchess Says I Do (Rogues to Riches #2)
  • Married to the Lord (The Wallflower Brides Book 2)
  • The Brat
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • The Reluctant Reformer
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin

Wherlocke (7 books)
  • If He's Wicked (Wherlocke, #1)
  • If He's Sinful (Wherlocke, #2)
  • If He's Dangerous (Wherlocke, #4)
  • If He's Tempted (Wherlocke, #5)
  • If He's Daring (Wherlocke, #6)
  • If He's Noble (Wherlocke, #7)