Start by marking “Restless Natives” as Want to Read:
Restless Natives

Restless Natives

(A Coffee & Crime Mystery #1)

The weekend before her coffee shop’s Grand Opening in the small Wisconsin town of Horizon, former Chicago marketing exec Ellie Gooden opens the back door to her business... and finds murder. The former owner is dead in the middle of her kitchen, tied to a chair, covered in syrup and feathers, with a butcher knife sticking out of his chest. Alone in a new town, she climbs i ...more
Published July 10th 2014 by Melting Muse Press

To ask other readers questions about Restless Natives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restless Natives

Cheryl
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant. Highly recommended for those that like their crime mysteries cosy-like but novel length and with a bit more bite.
Richard
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although not as comedic as Nina Wright's Whiskey Mattimoe series, this series also features a strong female protagonist solving crimes in a midwest resort community.
Anika Willmanns
Cozy mysteries are not my usual go-to genre, but when a trusted friend showed me the book, I just had to read it. After all, I'm a huge fan of crime shows (NCIS, the Mentalist, Murder She Wrote, Person of Interest, Castle) and I love everything supernatural (Ellie is a Wiccan).
Growing up with shows like Buffy and Charmed the supernatural aspect piqued my interest, too, so I gave it a go.
The story starts with Ellie driving to the town of Horizon to get everything ready for her grand opening in s
Marsha
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was afraid that it would be fantasy woo, which is probably okay in its own right, but it's not what I wanted nor did it fit the description. I was pleasantly surprised to find that, although my own beliefs are not those of the main character, the book itself was not based on those beliefs, although it did point them out – not inappropriately! I enjoyed the book; it had a complex but true sounding foundation, and the characters were likable and believable. I'm not convinced that I particularly ...more
Judith Post
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ellie Gooden is a Wiccan and a vegetarian, who leaves Chicago to open a coffee shop in a small town in Wisconsin. She can be prickly and outspoken, and that made me like her all the more. This is a good solid mystery with plenty of action and lots of intriguing secondary characters. Charlie McCallum doesn't get as much page time as I'd have liked (he's a cutie), but I sure hope he's Ellie's love interest in the next books. A fun read with enough twists and turns to hold your interest.
Leta Hawk
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the characters and the small-town setting in this book. The plot moved at a good pace and really ramped up at the end, so much so that the "just one more chapter" went right out the window, and I had to finish the book. Then when I thought I had it figured out--BAM! Plot twist! Can't wait to get the next book.
Shelly
Nov 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. I didn't care for this one. The main character was not likeable at all. She seemed to resent everyone and I found her very tiring to read about.
Paulette Sharp
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book grabbed my attention and ran with it. The clues to the mystery were like a maze. Truly a great mystery.
Kristi
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
After the tragic death of her parents, Ellie Gooden decides to leave Chicago and invest everything in opening a coffee shop in rural Wisconsin. She hopes for a new beginning and a bright future. However, she never bargained on discovering a dead body in her new shop. Who murdered the property's previous owner? Who is vandalizing Ellie's shop and home?

I adore this series! I am not usually a huge fan of paranormal cozy mysteries, but I really like this one. The characters are believable and loveab
Amy Hopkins
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cozy fun

Not my usual genre but the characters drew me in the the small town feel, perfectly executed, kept me there.
Therese Doucette
May 30, 2017
Alamelu  Danek
Jul 29, 2017
Nan Sampson
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Leanna
sheila ben yehuda
May 13, 2018
Melissa Heisler
Sep 14, 2014
Nan has been writing stories since she was old enough to hold a crayon. She is an avid (if not always successful) gardener, reader and fan of countless cancelled-too-soon TV shows. She lives in the northwest suburbs of Chicago with her husband, daughter and Admiral Horatio Nelson, the VERY pushy poodle.

A Coffee & Crime Mystery (2 books)
  • Office Heretics (A Coffee & Crime Mystery Book 2)