Start by marking “Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella, #1)

Cinder & Ella

(Cinder & Ella #1)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  20,969 ratings  ·  3,261 reviews
Updated Cover can be found here

Published October 1st 2014 by Bluefields (first published August 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Cinder & Ella, please sign up.
Iram Erum Oh yeah!!!! would love it if there will be more of Ella & cinder, even if it is about there friends. I can't get enough of them. loved and cried throu…moreOh yeah!!!! would love it if there will be more of Ella & cinder, even if it is about there friends. I can't get enough of them. loved and cried throughout the reading.
So any chance of extension would be appreciated.(less)

·  20,969 ratings  ·  3,261 reviews

Start your review of Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella, #1)
Claudia Ramírez
THIS WAS THE CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE I NEEDED. It was so cute (and so cheesy in a good way). I loved it.
Cristina Monica
description

2.5 stars. This turned out to be the kind of book that was agreeable enough to read (the first 50% more than the other half though) but that, when you think of the content, right after finishing it, it may possibly be that you end up having very mixed thoughts. That’s how I feel. I enjoyed reading it and getting to know the characters – some of them – but I nonetheless cannot stop thinking about how improbable it was for this story to actually take place in our world. Well, I know it is fiction
Katerina
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Richard and Kahlan.
She mentioned Richard and Kahlan.
Ella almost fainted when she got to meet Richard and Kahlan.
Excuse me while I try to compose myself.

I loved it! I loved it! I EFFING LOVED IT! That goofy smile on my face is just the tip of the iceberg! I can feel my heart dancing salsa and pink clouds raining candy canes on my head! I need a moment to thank Rachel E. Carter for recommending me this book. Seriously Rachel, you're like the cute contemporary guru!

Cinder & Ella is a (surprise,
Rachel E. Carter
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-paperback
description

AWWWWW. I loved this book. I loved everything about it. Yes, it may not be the most original, the most literary, the most developed, etc., etc. but it made me smile the whole time I was reading it. This book was just a really sweet romance and I didn't even mind the switching POV'S (!!!) -which is huuuge because I never like them.

Kelly Oram reminds me of Meg Cabot in her writing style -that fuzzy, feel good, fast-paced awesomeness that I fell in love with in middle school. This is the book you r
Nasty Lady MJ
Oct 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Someone Who Doesn't Get Bogged Down by Lack of Research
Recommended to Nasty Lady MJ by: Kindle
To see review with gifs click here.

You know what I hate about being a lawyer, the fact that I can’t watch Law and Order or any other lawyer-ish show and call foul anytime something isn’t factually correct. The thing is, I give the shows a lot of leeway. For the most part, they actually try to do research about the legal issues they’re presenting.

I don’t think Kelly Oram did that all with Cinder and Ella or she probably didn’t care. But it really annoys me.

Before I go into particulars, I am going
Inge

Cinder & Ella is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and sad books I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. Even going in with different expectations, I did not get disappointed. While I was expecting a light and fluffy read, instead I got a dose of all the feels. Which was fine, because this book was amazing.

Cinder and Ella both lead hectic lives in their own way, and they each find solace and peace in the same thing: a chatroom where they can talk for hours on end. They are, esse
Ash
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
first read: April 2 - 3, 2015
first reread: June 20, 2015
second reread: April 3, 2016
third reread: Febryary 1 - ?, 2017

“You want to know why you’ve never been able to make me cry? Because you’re trying to tear down someone who’s already hit rock bottom. You can’t make me feel any worse about myself than I already do.”

JUNE 2015 I was without internet/phone for over 24 hours, so I thought I'd reread some of those 2015 favorites so I wouldn't be upset that I couldn't update on GR.

So, of course,
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

Aghhhh so unrealistic and cheesy but soooooo good!!! I LOVE reading this stuff right now! Just the cutest re-telling ever. And, again, totally sprinkled with cheese.

For more of my reviews, please visit:

Bonnie Shores
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is no way I can convey how much this book made me smile.

description

I was pretty much hooked from the first page. The author did an amazing job of transforming the classic fairy tale into something believable and relatable. An only child of a divorced mom, Ella's life was happy. Until a car accident changed everything. Now forced to live with a dad she doesn't know, a perfect stepmother and her two "mean girl" stepsisters, Ella's life is anything but happy. She's trying hard to adapt to her new circum
Maggie ☘
First re-read:
Just as amazing as the first time around! It's such a great mash up of real-life and fairy tale - very slightly based on Cinderella. I love that both the main heroine Ella, and Brian, famous movie star are such a fantasy book-lovers! *Ella is also a big fan of Richard and Kahlan!*
They 'met' through her blog, and instantly became best friends for years, until an accident which changed Ella's whole life. Things became much more complicated and their friendship even more essential a
Anja H.
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4.25 HAPPILY-EVER-AFTER STARS*

“True beauty comes from inside a person. If you feel beautiful, then you’ll look beautiful to others no matter what’s on the surface.”

This was such a lovely read and just what I needed after the huge mindfuck that is called Dangerous Girls lol.
Make no mistake though, this book dealt with some serious topics like death, bullying, physical and mental scars and so on...

Review to come!
✨ Gramy ✨
DESCRIPTION
It’s been almost a year since eighteen-year-old Ella Rodriguez was in a car accident that left her crippled, scarred, and without a mother. After a very difficult recovery, she’s been uprooted across the country and forced into the custody of a father that abandoned her when she was a young child. If Ella wants to escape her father’s home and her awful new stepfamily, she must convince her doctors that she’s capable, both physically and emotionally, of living on her own. The prob
Bindi Boo
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

A modern twist to an otherwise famous fairytale, this book had me tearing up one second then smiling the next. This is only by first book by Kelly Oram and it was unexpectedly amazing. Not normally a fan of YA, this one made me second guess my reasons for not normally reading YA books. This story had no sex scenes (as expected) however the author made it up with love, family and friendship. This book also deals with abandonment issues and bullying, chapters which really broke my heart.

'C
Lex
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, contemporary
I'm really a fan of Kelly Oram. :) Just got the ARC! Thank you, Kelly! <3

Days after... Finally finished it! Just now. Lol.

First of all... WHERE CAN I GET THE DRUID CHRONICLES BOOK?!!?

Second, if this is purely fantasy, PLEASE WRITE THE STORY OF DRUID CHRONICLES, KELLY ORAM. I BEG YOU.

Third, I FREAKING LOVE YOU KELLY ORAM.

Fourth, I DEFINITELY LOVE CINDER & ELLA!!!

-REVIEW-

This was such a cheesy story which I definitely enjoyed! All the feels! I have it! Kelly Oram is simply one of the best write
Linda Kage
I don't know why I wait so long before I read the next Kelly Oram book; I've really enjoyed each and every one so far! And this one amazed me! I wanted to cry for Ella in like every chapter. And for being a Hollywood manwhore, Cinder/Bryan was a total sweetie pie! I love Cinderella stories!
shopping for a moon
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faves
THIS BOOK IS EVERYTHING I COULD EVER DREAM OF IN A CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE BOOK AND MORE!
Kathy
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reread October 2016

Loved this!

I was not planning on reading this book yet because it doesn't come out until October 1st and there are several other books I really should have read first. I picked up Cinder and Ella to just read the first chapter and didn't put it down! I read the entire thing in one sitting. This really shouldn't have surprised me because I love Kelly Oram! Honestly there are just a few authors that write in a way that sucks me in and won't let me come up for air until I've fin
Antonia
“A great character needs trials to overcome experiences to give them depth, to make them vulnerable, relatable, and likable. Good characters need hardships to make them strong. The idea makes sense, but it still sucks if you’re the heroine.”

this is the absolute cheesiest book I have ever read in my entire life. it was SO over the top, all of the time. if you need your books to have at least a little sense of reality then you're gonna hate this. but i found myself actually having fun with all th
Ezinwanyi
4.5 stars.

This book was all that. It was well written, with great characters. I appreciate that the characters were not ALL good or all bad, they were human with different emotions.

I think I took to Ella immediately because she was a lover of books and a blogger. That made me smile immediately. I could picture her hoarding ARCs and the whole interaction online. It made me think of goodreads.

Ella is so impressive as was Cinder (Brian Oliver). I really empathized wit Ella and what she had been thr
Angelica
This book was a heck of a lot darker, deeper, and far more real than I could have possibly imagined.

RTC
Rose
May 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
dnf 80%

cheesy, unrealistic, and not cute whatsoever, i just couldn't do it anymore.

Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
3 Fairytale stars

I’m going against the norm. I wanted a cute, light YA read and yes it had those qualities, it also had a lot of angst and it dragged a bit.

You know the movie, You’ve Got Mail? You know how they didn’t meet until the end of the movie? Well Cinder and Ella is exactly like that. They meet in person a total two times in the book. Had I known that, I am not sure I would have read this book. I kept with the story because I found the storyline adorable and I was just waiting for the tw
Grüffeline
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The problem with fairy tales is that most of them begin with tragedy.

I read this three times now and I cannot see myself getting tired of it. I just love Kelly Oram's storytelling and the characters she has created. Ella is an amazing young woman and she deserves everything good in this world. Cinder... can be an ass but I like him, too. Especially now that I've finally read V is for Virgin and knew the story behing the Kyle Hamilton mention and the mentioned movies.
The story makes you laugh
Jessica {Litnoob}
This book was everything I needed right now. It was deep and sweet and funny. The growing pains and angst felt so real and the banter and witty snark and fandom feels were all just so welcome. It was everything you could want in a a Cinderella retelling that gives you feelings and hope. Every bit of time on this book was well spent, and I'm eager to see what happens to Elle and Brian next.
Nitzan Schwarz
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
KELLY ORAM WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!?
God dammit, I want more. Show me their cute adorable babiessssssss my babies need babies!
And Jules, and Vivian AND Rob need their own stories, respectively.
This was perfect. I can't even.
Cassie Mae
One sitting y'all. Kelly, why must you be so amazing? Stop that, or I will be permanently green.

[image error]
A_Ryan
Ignore the cover... this book is AWESOME!!!

I absolutely adored this Cinderella tale... Kelly Oram has managed to put a fresh spin on a story that has been told a thousand times.

I loved Cinder.
I loved Ella.
I loved the friendship between them.
Rob, Juliette, Vivienne (and her two dads) made fantastic fairy godmothers/friendly mice (depending on your interpretation).
I absolutely loved Oram's version of the glass slipper... Didn't see it coming but looking back, I thought it was perfect!

I just loved
Cyndi
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
There is a lot to this book. It's not your typical Teen Romance. Our main characters have too many layers to ever fit into a category. My daughter and I often spend time talking about the books we are reading and I spent 20 minutes just trying to explain the basic plot line. Then I gave up and just told her to read it.
Our heroine has lived a life in Boston. She has friends, a mother and a fairly read blog. Then one fateful day her life changes. Now she is a wounded warrior who is forced into a
Rê
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it

4 "Modern Cinder & Ella" stars

This was really good. It got a little dark at times, but the romance was cute and there were enough cheesy moments to make up for the dark ones.
Ambriehl Khalil
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, young-adult
⭐️ [4/5 Stars] ⭐️

Heck, it’s been a while since I’ve done a Y/A review. Can this even be considered Y/A?? She’s like 19 and he’s 22? I don’t know. Anyway, this was perfectly cheesy and exactly what I needed without knowing it. I l o v e cinderella retellings and I’m always looking for something that can satisfy me the way “Geekerella” by Ashley Poston can. I’ve read that book so many times. This came pretty close!!

I really enjoyed this one. It was cheesy and way more emotionally hard-hitting than

• Burning Bridges (Fletcher University, #1)
  • New Beginnings (Green Valley Love, #1)
  • Someone New (Someone #1)
  • Falling Fast (Hailee & Chase, #1)
  • Dream Again (Again, #5)
  • Hope Again (Again, #4)
  • Kiss Me Once
  • Sinking Ships (Fletcher University, #2)
  • Someone Else (Someone #2)
  • Flying High (Hailee & Chase, #2)
  • New Promises (Green Valley Love #2)
  • Everything I didn't say
  • Begin Again (Again, #1)
  • Show me the Stars (Leuchtturm-Trilogie, #1)
  • Truly (In Love #1)
  • Trust Again (Again, #2)
  • New Dreams (Green Valley Love #3)
  • Feel Again (Again, #3)
Kelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She's obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children.

Cinder & Ella (2 books)
  • Happily ​Ever After (Cinder & Ella #2)