Start by marking “Torrent (Slow Burn, #5)” as Want to Read:
Torrent (Slow Burn, #5)

Torrent

(Slow Burn #5)

Survive the infection! Survive the Infected!

Following his none-too-soon reunion with his friends at the safe house, Zed is hoping things can finally fall into a stable routine, but in post-virus Austin, things are far from stable. On a mission to raid the ammunition bunkers at Camp Mabry, Zed and Murphy spot a group of the newer, naked infected, who are exhibiting some s
Published July 13th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Torrent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torrent

Veronica
Another great book by Booby Adair. We are once again thrown into the midst of the Whites who seem hell bent on fooling all of Zeds best laid plans and while he does finally catch up to his friends, his good luck is bound to run out. I think my favorite part of this book was the constant bantering between Zed and Murphy. The author has really created a dynamic relationship with these two characters and I am always finding myself laughing at something they say. This book is not all smiles & lo ...more
Sheila
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hooked

I'm hooked on these books. I enjoy the characters, Murphy and Zed are so funny even when faced with tough situations, they still manage to make me laugh. I love the writing and can't stand when people pick on little facts about the writing, just read the book and enjoy the story! "empty clips...oops, did I say clips? Old habit." Love your sense of humor Mr. Adair!!!
Drew Martin
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it
As with the rest of this series, the story is interesting and the characters are well written, but it reads like an ongoing perhaps permanent story much like a zombie serial. No ending, no single antagonist and no climax. Bobby Adair is a great author, I am not sure I want to keep reading a series with no ending.
Christy Adams
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Awesome

I love the slow burn series, can't wait for the next one!!!!!!! great action, drama, and love, a great combination of everything that makes a book worth reading.
Sasha
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
by far the best zombie series I have read. bobby Adair has done it again. I hate those bald whites as much as zed does. I love zed and Murphy friend. they have each other back. will be waiting on book 6. read it people you won't regret it!
John Merryman
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Zed is the Indiana Jones of the post infection world. Having a trusty side kick like Murphy along for the ride helps. Bobby, hurry up and finish book 6.
Helle
Thank you Finecat for the gift *hugs* <3 Thank you for making this Christmas special *big hugs* <3 <3 <3
Blaine Moore
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
The series continues to improve with each book. More survivers are found, more lose that label, and a flood of near biblical proportions keeps the action moving along with this book.
Cathy Harris
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great

This series is well worth reading. This book is just as good as the last. It is a new take on the virus that changed the world. Give it a try..
Michael
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a shameless fan of the "zombie apocalypse" genre. It really has nothing to do with horror, but I enjoy reading stories about people overcoming adversity and surviving in a world that has been radically affected by a massive catastrophe.

I've read a LOT of books in the genre, and I consider myself a bit of an aficionado. Therefore, when I say that this is one of the best series I've read in the genre, I'm not kidding.

This book is one of a series of books, and I'm leaving the same review for
Patrick
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Still nice writing and some very wild action. Characters die in this as in every of the previous volumes. It's a brutal world and mistakes are costly.

Zed is one very screwed up person, who while loyal has the arrogance of a fifteen year old but refuses to admit it. This is despite having it pointed out several times. He drags Murphy by his friendship into ventures that are barely thought out and justified with lies. Yet he's still surprised that his actions might contribute to others dyin
Mkittysamom
Oh Dang Another Cliffhanger

Murphy and Zed go on an adventure for some “rare” supplies and it finally rains in the desert. Except it’s not just a little rain..it’s a flood! Loved this one.. Murphy and Zed are a great team, I love their banter! Murphy is the “smiling” guy and Zed is more pessimistic but he also has a philosophy degree.. when they switch outlooks on life.. and take them for a test drive, I think both of them are surprised in the end! There was also a good deed and it helped to wash
Rutherford, Sarah
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm simply captivated by this series--and was so engrossed that I couldn't put it down in order to "render unto Caesar",otherwise known as filing my taxes. I've found the characters Zed and Murphy to be an ideal pairing from the very first episode and am so disappointed that both our heroic figures have lost their lady loves to the Whites in such an appalling fashion. To watch helplessly as they meet their demise has to inform their actions throughout the remainder of the series.
Kudos to Bobby
Christine Bishop
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the story!

Slow Burn 5 is another great book in this series! Zed and Murphy are holed up on the river boat with the other survivors and just when you think they have a safe place the bottom falls out and their pushed back into the world with nowhere to go. This book had so very tough pages to read through, but Zed and Murphy weather the storm and keep on moving forward. I’m excited to see what’s in store for them in book 6!
Tiffany Tinkham-Graves
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Continuing Story

Book 5 of 9 of the slow burn series continues the story of Zeb and his newly found friends and their battle of survival. After a virus hits and turns everyone into zombies Zeb and his friends have to try to survive them and natural disasters as well.
Nicole Kelley
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay

Uh, I'm disappointed in this book. A lot of fun nothing happened.

The Hilton for pain that I am, I'm gonna push through to the next one.

I must admit the humor was good, but a disaster every time Murphy and Zed leaves is redundant. I know the next book is already written so wish me luck.

Otherwise, I really like ever other book in this series.
Jamie Lynn McClay
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 books into the series....

Frankly it started off a bit slow for my taste but after book one it really picked up the pace and I am invested in the characters. Hopefully the rest of the series stays true to that as well.
Lana Mccall
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surprises

Surprises galore in this continuing saga. Adventure, action and more twists. Zed the lead character is impulsive but quick on feet combined with luck to weave an intriguingly novel.

I highly recommend this book.
Mark Price
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good I am reading this series
James Schoen
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again, as I have said with the other books in this series, a great read.
Cheyenna Cook
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite series!
Prenscella Hardwell
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series!

I like words. Slow Burn 5 had lots of those. Go buy it! You will love this series it's amazing.
Tiffany
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love it

By the end of this book I am super glad I already have the sequels purchased. I have stayed interested throughout every book so far and have grown more and more attached to the characters. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Red
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book. Zed and Murphy are wonderful. Very exciting.
Katie Harder-schauer
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Like the previous 4 books in the series, I listened to the audio of this book. I feel like Murphy's voice has changed slightly in the last two books, it seems to have a stronger Southern drawl than was present in the first three books. The drawl would not be out of place, but it's something I'm pretty sure I would have noticed sooner.

I feel like these stories are all starting to blend together a little; basically I can't remember exactly what happened in which book, which means the books are fit
David
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
I'll get my gripes out of the way first. TORRENT, like the previous book in the series, no longer feels fresh. It's formulaic: Zed goes out, maybe alone, maybe not. Disaster strikes, and he gets separated from his friends. He works his way back to them. Rinse and repeat.

That said, I'm still invested in the formula, and TORRENT stirred in the most exhilarating and intense scenes yet. Better still, Zed and Murphy, the dynamic duo readers fell in love with way back in the first book, are once again
Rachael Ashak-Benson
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS - GREAT TO BE BACK WITH OLD FRIENDS!

I was thrilled when I stumbled across Book 5; I didn't realize it had been released. The download took way too long!.... I couldn't wait to return to the river, to rejoin the moment-to-moment survival with Zed, Murphy, and company.
Complaint and praise...... the book was way too short. I feel like the totality of these pages were half a book at best. I felt like I had just gotten my teeth back into the saga when I was swiping the last few pages. Bummer
Shannon Hooks
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
This is book five of the series. If you like zombie books, I highly recommend this series.The premise for the this series is: people are infected with the virus and become sick. Some don't make it, some become full out zombies with no rational thought except basic functions such as eating and sex, others become slow burns. Zed the main character in the book is a slow burn. He's white like the other zombies, but acts like a normal person. His temperature runs higher than a normal unaffected perso ...more
Brian
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An incredible read, lots of action with plenty of zombies that greatly out number the survivors. The characters are well developed, the story has a realistic plot and is set in the great state of Texas.

There is plenty of gallows humour as well as pathos as not all characters survive, but the feelings of loss, grief, victory and having survived yet another battle are quite realistic. Not just " "another" Zombie story but one which is memorable both in its action but in its emotional cost to the
Janell
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just can't seem to get enough of this series! Absolutely great writing and strong characters make for a strong story line that keeps you reading. Zed, Murphy and his friends are trying to find a "safe" home so they can relax and gather themselves to see what they need to survive in a world turned upside down. They need ammunition, guns, food, clothing etc. but the only ones that can safely go out is Zed and Murphy and those two just keep getting into trouble. The way Mr. Adair writes gets you ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dead: Fortunes & Failures (Dead, #3)
  • Deluge of the Dead  (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #3)
  • Within (LZR-1143, #1.5)
  • Praying for Grace (Grace, #5)
  • This Shattered Land  (Surviving the Dead, #2)
  • Aftermath (Deadlocked, #5)
  • Trauma (Wildfire Chronicles #4)
  • Hold Me (Life After the Outbreak #3)
  • Family (Surviving The Evacuation #3)
  • Survival (Contamination #5)
  • Mad World (Broken World, #3)
  • Contagious Chaos (The Contagium #3)
  • Takedown (A New World, #7)
  • The Dead Years - Volume 1
A bio is a weird thing to write.

Just trying to imagine presenting the highlights of ME sets off alarm bells in my head. Why would anybody want to know anything about me? What about me is remarkable enough to tell?

When I think about these questions, I recall lying on my bed back in high school, headphones muffed over my ears, heavy metal blasting through my head. As with most teens, music’s power

Slow Burn (9 books)
  • Zero Day (Slow Burn, #1)
  • Infected (Slow Burn, #2)
  • Destroyer (Slow Burn, #3)
  • Dead Fire (Slow Burn, #4)
  • Bleed (Slow Burn #6)
  • City of Stin (Slow Burn #7)
  • Grind (Slow Burn #8)
  • Sanctum (Slow Burn #9)
“Sure, shit happens we can’t control, but that’s exactly what it is: shit you can’t control. You can’t control what it is, or sometimes what it does to you. But like I’ve told you before, you can control how you feel about it, how you deal with it.” 2 likes
“take you upriver somewhere and put you out on the shore. Don’t come back around us. If” 0 likes