Start by marking “Warden of Time (After Cilmeri, #8)” as Want to Read:
Warden of Time (After Cilmeri, #8)

Warden of Time

(After Cilmeri #8)

Warden of Time continues the story of time travel, romance, and adventure begun with Daughter of Time ...

As both modern man and medieval king, David is committed to transforming medieval England into his own version of Avalon. Not everyone supports his ideals, however, and having offended the pope by welcoming Jews and heretics into England, David is summoned to Canterbury
Published October 19th 2014 by The Morgan-Stanwood Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Warden of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warden of Time

Start your review of Warden of Time (After Cilmeri, #8)
Judy Lavik
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
History comes to life

I didn't feel that this book was quite as outstanding as the others in the series, but the author set the bar rather high from the start. I also was not happy with how dealt with Lee, but since the next book takes up only a month after this one, perhaps we'll still see a more appropriate ending for this character.
Meri
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I've read all of her books in this series up to this one and each one is intriguing. At first I wasn't sure I was going to like it because it was all from David's point of view but I ended up liking it a lot. It was nice to see it just from the main characters point of view but I did miss the viewpoints of the other characters though. Great story though.
Sharon
Oct 23, 2014 rated it liked it
I have enjoyed reading this "Time Travel" themed series.
Sallie Young
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
King David

Wasn't sure about this one because of the title. However I found this installment of the series refreshing. The adventures are all from David's point of view. Almost as though you, the reader, are sitting in a chair nearby. A castle blown up, murders, Church issues and an invasion of the French king. He talks about how he feels and what he thinks. Really, really enjoyed this perspective!
Bruce
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With each new volume of the After Cilmeri series, Sarah Woodbury's plots become more developed, and range further into the history of the Middle Ages. In addition, her characters become richer and more endearing.
Every since I was in the 7th grade when I discovered Edgar Rice Burroughs, whose books truly swept me away, I have been searching for my next all consuming author. Over my 56 years since, I have run across several wonderful writers, but only a few that are as good as Sarah Woodbury.
Donna
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. There is always someone giving this poor family a problem. I love the fact that they can time travel even though they can't control it. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Lynn
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Series Continues To Be Interesting

Very interesting g to view the intrigues and life of the Middle Ages through the eyes of a modern contemporary.
Leanne
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always. Good fun.
Diane
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
David has to deal with a papal legate, two dead time travelers, one traitorous time traveler and a possible invasion of England by Phillip of France.
Michelle Louise
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Why are we in first person?

This is book ten and the overwhelming majority of the series is in 3rd person limited. It is jarring to switch pov conventions and for the first part of this book I kept mentally switching back to the old way. I also missed the other povs since this is the only book in the series to date which stays entirely in one characters head.

That being said the plot was good and I'm glad to see the bus load of time travelers causing problems. Lee should have been introed in the p
Mina
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just recently started reading the After Cilmeri Series and I LOVE everything about it. I read all 12 books in 2 weeks and can't wait for the next one to arrive on my kindle next month.
Susan
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, time-travel
The latest continuation of King David of England, Prince of Wales, late of Avalon blends a fabulous mix of 21st century "reality" and medieval "fantasy" with some retelling of some fascinating suggests of real history. The story stands alone but is best for readers of the entire series. if you do read this first, I'm sure (supposing you like it) that you'll want to read them all.

One if the bus travellers goes rogue and creates mayhem for David and his people while intrigue among other power play
Meg
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
I quit several chapters into this book. I just could not get into it. Considering my enjoyment of the rest of the series, I have to assume it has more to do with the new direction Sarah Woodbury is taking the parallel world into, rather than the lack of constant play between our world and the parallel.
Pamela Watkins
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I. Love Time travel books

This series is a wonderful. Twist on the time travel theory. Sarah Woodbury uses history and fictional characters and times to make up this unique story. I love the way she gives the historical background at the end of every book.
I will continue to read Sarah's book.
Susan Hutchinson
Sep 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Last book was disappointing. Ending wasn't good. Author should have stop w/book Ashes of time.
This book is all about King David. You don't read anything about Meg or Llywelyn. Not even much about Anna and her family. Too much politics & religious issues.
JULIA
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
This is my least favorite book in the series. I am hoping if there is another that it is better. I missed the heart stopping action moving from world to world. I felt cheated somehow.
Ann
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down!
Diane Paules
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Warden of Time

While Warden of Time was as well written as the rest of Sarah Woodbury After Climeri Series, it didn't move as quickly or excitingly as her previous books.
Jo Anne Greenberg
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Series!

Another great book in the series by Sarah Woodbury. The intrigue and characters are awesome! Start with the book in the series and enjoy...
Ruthie Brown
Aug 07, 2016
Barabara Y. Cobban
Dec 20, 2016
switch to writing in first person 1 6 Oct 26, 2014 12:25PM

• Sins of the Fathers: A Gavin Rownt Medieval Mystery (Gavin Rownt Medieval Mysteries Book 3)
  • Forest of Souls (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #4)
  • A Time Of End (The Executioner Knights #4)
  • WolfeHeart (De Wolfe Pack Generations, #1)
  • Winter of Solace (Executioner Knights #5)
  • Breach of Faith (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #2)
  • Cathedral of Bones (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #1)
  • A Matter of Justice: A Matthew Cordwainer Medieval Mystery (Matthew Cordwainer Medieval Mysteries Book 11)
  • Highlander Found (Highlander In Time, #1)
  • The Mountain Dark (The Executioner Knights #2)
  • Starless (The Executioner Knights #3)
  • Again My Love (Kaitlyn and the Highlander, #9)
  • Raven's Feast (Hakon's Saga, #2)
  • The Glass Man: A Gavin Rownt Medieval Mystery (Gavin Rownt Medieval Mysteries Book 2)
  • The Lost Child  (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #3)
  • MacKinnon's Hope
  • A Parcel of Rogues
  • Hidden in Time (The MacCarthy Sisters, #2)
With over a million books sold to date, Sarah Woodbury is the author of more than forty novels, all set in medieval Wales. Although an anthropologist by training, and then a full-time homeschooling mom for twenty years, she began writing fiction when the stories in her head overflowed and demanded that she let them out. While her ancestry is Welsh, she only visited Wales for the first time at univ ...more

After Cilmeri (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Footsteps in Time (After Cilmeri #1)
  • Prince of Time (After Cilmeri #2)
  • Crossroads in Time (After Cilmeri, #3)
  • Children of Time (After Cilmeri #4)
  • Exiles in Time (After Cilmeri, #5)
  • Castaways in Time (After Cilmeri, #6)
  • Ashes of Time (After Cilmeri, #7)
  • Guardians of Time (After Cilmeri, #9)
  • Masters of Time (After Cilmeri, #10)
  • Outpost in Time (After Cilmeri #11)