Start by marking “Unbreakable (Shadow Falls: After Dark #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Unbreakable (Shadow Falls: After Dark #0.5)

Unbreakable (Shadow Falls: After Dark 0.5)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  1,181 Ratings  ·  97 Reviews
He isn’t everything he says he is. He’s even more…

Who is Chase Tallman, the newest member of Shadow Falls? What made him into the sexy, mysterious vampire he is today? And what led him to Della Tsang?

Audio, 55 pages
Published September 30th 2014 by Macmillan Audio

To ask other readers questions about Unbreakable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbreakable

Alexa ❤️
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Henrietta
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you’ve read Reborn, you’d know Chase Tallman was a new student at Shadow Falls. He’s a vampire – a sexy, mysterious one – who seemed charming, dangerous and very capable of bringing out the cranky side of Della.

In Unbreakable, we got to see Chase before he became a vampire. He was an ordinary teen who loved his family and had a crush on his sister’s best friend. He was fiercely protective and I liked that he didn’t back out of awkward situations and was always ready to take a stand even when
Rachel
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
UNBREAKABLE is an enchanting, sweet and heartbreaking short novella told from Chase Tallman’s point of view that takes readers through the day when he became a vampire and gives them a peek ahead at the first week of his new life. While it can be read prior to the first book in the Shadow Falls: After Dark series or after the second book, it’s best read after having gotten to know him in REBORN but before the events in ETERNAL.

In this brief tale, readers will get to meet a young, fourteen-year-o
Jon
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Seen at Bookish Antics!
I’m completely and utterly obsessed with the Shadow Falls series, so I was excited when I heard about Unbreakable, a novella about the mysterious Chase. This ebook gives readers a glimpse into the life of this character and helps show Chase in such a different light. This is an extremely necessary read for fans of C.C. Hunter and one of my only complaints is that it’s too short! I was addicted to this novella and I wanted to read even more about Chase — hopefully he will p
Maryam Dinzly
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing

MY HEART.

That was my first thought when I finished this book. My heart is crying for Chase. This book is about Chase. If you've read the Shadow Falls series, you would know that Chase is one of the guys that's, well, chasing after Della (yes, pun intended MUAHAHA). This book is about his past, his first love and how he came to be a vampire. When I read the other books, I thought Chase was just another cool, mysterious vampire, but after reading this, guys, my heart goes out to him.

This book wa
Sharon
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review: 4 out of 5 stars

Unbreakable is very short at only 55 pages, it was more of a tease of what we can expect with the release of the next book in the series, Eternal.

Unbreakable is smexy Vampire Chase Tallman’s story. We get a glimpse into his life before he was infected with the virus and eventually ended up at Shadow Falls.

The plot was mysterious as we learn about Chase, prior to this he was a bit of a mystery and I wanted to learn more. We get to find out about genetic testing, the plane
Lucinda Jester Smith
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Team Chase here. can't help it I want Della with Chase...don't get me wrong I like Steve but he's not the one for Della... Loved this book simply because it gave us an insight about Chase and his life before becoming a reborn vampire.. This little novella showed us the sweet innocent Chase. I love C.C. Hunter and her fantastic imagination and I'm so happy she's decided to share the stories in her head with us!... Waiting eagerly for the next Shadow After Dark Falls book!!!
Alusha
That was quiet insightfull.
Gretchen Gomez
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really cute Novella about Chase before he turned and how he turned.

Makes you understand his character more and what happened to his family.
Nancy The book junkie
Review coming soon!
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
Not as good as the other stories but...

An enjoyable, heartbreaking short story about the plane crash, the death of Chase's family, and Chase's introduction to the supernatural world. The story left me unsatisfied and wishing to read about Chase's time with the council and his introduction to Della. The story is very cute but sad. Feel free to read it but I must warn you: it will leave you wanting more. Happy reading my fellow bookworms!
Jessica Meyers
I really loved this short story. I haven't read any of the Shadow Falls: After Dark books, but I can't wait to read them!
Alex Latham
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 59 complete.
Nicol
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No pensé que llegaría a decir algo malo sobre un libro escrito por C.C Hunter pero ese día ha llegado.
Decepcionada.
Dana
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to cry. Can somebody explain that to me? I wanted to freaking cry and I don't even know who Chase is. I knew him for not even 60 pages and he had me feeling all types of feels and like DUDE. I guess I'm just really emotional or whatever but I really enjoyed this book.

Alright so on the side note, I starting "Reborn" and I REALLY wish I wouldn't have read this novella until AFTER I had finished Reborn, which I would have done if I had read the comments BEFORE reading the book. But me bei
Angela Depetris-phillippe
Sad story for Chase

Good to get Chase's backstory and read about what was going on and that his dad knew more than we thought.
Hannah

Step back in time and unearth the secrets that haunt him. The secret of how he became a vampire—and how he knows so much about being reborn. Secrets about his first love, his family--and what steers him toward Della, the beautiful, complicated girl he just can’t seem to stay away from. The one who makes him want things he thought he’d given up on l
Moriah
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was still in middle school when the first book in the Shadow Falls series came out, and I remember the horror at having to wait an entire year for the next one to come out. Oh goodness, the cliffhangers never ended! It's impossible to start that series without finishing it - even if you're not a huge fan (which doesn't apply to me) - because you'll be hooked and dying to know what happened to Kylie.

It's always a great thing when one discovers that an author, who you thought was finished with
Angela ReadingCave
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Reader's Heaven
Sep 21, 2014 rated it did not like it

So, apparently this is a prequel of sorts to the Shadow Falls series by C.C. Hunter. In it, we are introduced to Chase Tallman, a character from the series and we learn how he came to be who he is in those books.

The story: Chase, his family and his sister's best friend (and their dog!) are in Jasper for a series of genetic tests (the details are not revealed until the end.) Chase, 14, and his older sister, Min
Angela Blount
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, urban-fantasy
3.5 Stars

This was easily the most unique and heavily foreshadowed novella in the ‘Almost Midnight’ collection. It’s told in a sort of back-and-forth format between single page BREAKING NEWS segments detailing a plane crash and attempted rescue, and the events of a day prior--as given from the 3rd-person-limited perspective of 14-year-old Chase Tallman.

Chase’s family is taking a vacation weekend in the Rocky mountains, where his father—a doctor—has the family taking part in some sort of mysteriou
Shelley
**I received this E-book via invitation from St. Martin's Griffin in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Young Adult, Paranormal
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

"Never give up on a challenge."

Unbreakable is an extremely short (55 pages) novella that skims over Chase Tillman's life before he came to Shadow Falls, and tried to win the heart of vampire Della Tsang. It's fair for me to say that Unbreakable is just enough of a tempt
Lucy at Rain and Cupcakes Book Blog

An eARC review (from publisher via NetGalley)

This is a prequel of the Shadow Falls-After Dark series, although I am using the term prequel loosely. In Unbreakable we are given a brief glance on what sort of person was Chase Tallman, before he was a reborn.

After reading Unbreakable, I thought Chase was portrayed a rather typical teenager, probably nothing(?) like he is now in the Shadow Falls-After Dark series. The prequel was written with a piece of news of the plane crash follow b
Melliane
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

I was immediately intrigued when I found out about this novella. I had a good time with the first volume and until the release of the second, I was curious to learn more about Chase. Oh yes, because it is a very mysterious character who hides a lot of things and this story allows us to learn a little more about his past and how he became the person he is today.

Now, we find the boy from the time when he was human and lived with his family like everyone el
Kayla Edwards
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Chase appeared seemingly out of nowhere in Reborn. No back story. No life details. No clue who he is. Unbreakable sheds a little light on this hot, new vampire and gives readers a glimpse at his pre-vamp life. Chase, his parents, his sister, and his crush (aka his sister's best friend, Tami) fly to a laboratory to take part in some random genetic research project. Supposedly. But things don't exactly go like he expected them to and suddenly Chase's entire life as he knows it is gone.

I like Chase
Lesley
To me, this was a 3.5, so I rounded up because I like the Shadow Falls books so much.

Plot:
This book is about Chase Tallman, who we met in Reborn. It tells us about his background and the tragedy that still haunts him, and we learn how he became a vampire.

Characters:
The book is about Chase and his family. We do get to see a different side of Chase. In Reborn, he was cocky, flirty, frustrating and dishonest. In Unbreakable, we see that he’s actually kind, considerate, romantic and protective.

W
Katherine Paschal
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
15 year old Chase, his sister, her best friend and his parents fly up to have some blood drawn for a research study. Chase uses the trip as a chance to cozy up to his sisters friend, who he has had a crush on for a while. There is an undercurrent in the town though, with secrets about the research and the shady people lurking about. When something horrific occurs, Chase learns the truth about his family.
This was a really short (as in 50 pages) insight into who Chase is as a person and how he bec
Crystal
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So this is a novella where we learn about Chase Tallman. Chase is the newest student at Shadow Falls, a camp for super natural teens. In the book, Reborn, Della is torn between Steve and this mysterious new student, Chase. Steve has been trying to win Della's heart for while now, and now with Chase in the picture, Della is more confused than ever. In Unbreakable, we learn about Chase's past, his family and how he became a Vampire. Chase has gone through so much in life already, things he shouldn ...more
Katie
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
see full review @ Katie's Corner

Have you been reading Shadow Falls: After Dark trilogy? If yes, then you should have an idea as to who Chase Tallman is. If you haven’t started yet, well start reading the first book Reborn right now. Do not start with this one don’t unravel some secrets beforehand. It’s a mini review don’t forget!

Are you ready to get to know Chase a bit better? Then this book is right for you. But it’s solely on how he was turned and about his family. Get to know him better, so y
Alma

I really enjoyed Unbreakable! It’s a novella from Chase’s POV when he was fourteen, and it essentially follows his last day as a human. Personally, I think this would be a great stepping stone for anyone who’s curious about starting this spin-off series, but hasn’t read the original series. We get to see the human side of Chase, when he is crushing on his elder sister’s best friend.

I much preferred this representation of his character, rather than the one we get to see through Della’s eyes. I wi
  • Unfallen
  • Spiders (Adam Grant, #2)
  • Dark Futures
  • Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness (Daydverse, #1)
  • My Daylight Monsters (Mary Hades #0.5)
  • Inherit the Stars: Reprieve (Inherit the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Better to Bite (Howl, #1)
  • Light Of A Thousand Stars (True Calling #2.5)
  • The Before (The Farm, #0.5)
  • Blood Orange Soda
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • Weighted (The Neumarian Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Carniepunk: Daughter of the Midway, the Mermaid, and the Open, Lonely Sea
  • I Am Forever (What Kills Me, #2)
  • All I Want For Christmas...: Christmas Kisses / Baring It All / A Hot December Night
  • Hunt (Shifters #6.5)
  • Portlandtown: A Tale of the Oregon Wyldes
  • Ghostly Guardian (The Demon Isle Witches, #1)
C.C. Hunter grew up in Alabama, where she caught lightning bugs, ran barefoot, and regularly rescued potential princes, in the form of Alabama bullfrogs, from her brothers. Today, she's still fascinated with lightning bugs, mostly wears shoes, but has turned her focus to rescuing mammals. She now lives in Texas with her four rescued cats, one dog, and a prince of a husband, who for the record, is ...more
More about C.C. Hunter...

Shadow Falls: After Dark (4 books)
  • Reborn (Shadow Falls: After Dark, #1)
  • Eternal (Shadow Falls: After Dark, #2)
  • Unspoken (Shadow Falls: After Dark, #3)
  • Midnight Hour (Shadow Falls: After Dark #4)